9188 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ming-court.com/
- Phone: 4073519988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Au Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving the Central Florida area with indoor and outdoor catering for special events, parties, receptions, weddings and other types of affairs and gatherings; casual to elegant.
A word from Ming Court
Ming Court has been serving the area’s finest Oriental cuisine for over 20 years. The extensive menu features authentic Dim Sum, fine Sushi, and a vast selection of innovative Wok & Char-Grill dishes, from the finest seafood and steaks, to the most popular Chinese dishes and even traditional family style cuisine. Ming Court is located within walking distance to the Orange County Convention Center and is surrounded by a beautiful Koi pond and gardens. The recipient of over twenty dining awards, the restaurant also has a variety of private dining rooms; from 20 to 400 guests for a banquet and 60 to 600 guests for a reception. Ming Court is mostly about really great food, or as the locals like to say, it’s the reason chopsticks were invented!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ming Court reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (22)scenic view (21)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (19)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (13)romantic (12)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- magical dinning was worth itCaj12345Dined on 8/30/2014we choose the magical dining menu and it definitely delivered on flavor and options. For that lower price point I was impressed. The portions were also huge - especially the sushi sashimi platter - so be prepared to take dessert home. The chocolate cake was great the next day.Special Features:
- Tourist Restaurantluv2dineVIPDined on 8/25/2014This is a tourist restaurant restaurant on I-Drive - all the tables were set with spoons, knives and forks. When we asked for chop sticks we got kind of a look and the chopsticks were those cheap wooden ones you struggle to open. It is overpriced (especially for young families). It has reasonable food and decent, but not excellent service. On a night where the restaurant was not busy we struggled to get refills of water. The roast duck was the best thing we ate. We ordered three appetizers: pan fried pork dumplings, bar-b-q pork buns, and steamed shrimp dumplings. The steamed shrimp dumplings were fine, but one of the pork dumplings was cold inside. All the desserts were american.
- Taste of the OrientcessnagirlDined on 8/23/2014Ming Court presents a taste of China from the entranceway koi pond, live music, the dragon suspended from the ceiling in the main dining room, the colorful artwork, the wonderful service, and the food. My family has been dining at the Ming Court for years. The menu and the chefs have changed, but the ambiance and the service continue to rise well above the chain restaurants along International Drive. It is our tradition to add the words "in bed" at the end of our cookie fortune, so we always end the evening laughing.Special Features:
- ExcelenteXingLingDined on 8/21/2014Comida comparada ao TonHoi em São Paulo. Porém ambiente e atendimento é bem melhor. Preço equivalente.Special Features:
- Dim sum, yum yum!ThatGirlDined on 8/21/2014Great place! Take a short ride to the other end of International drive and enjoy A great meal at Ming Court. The restaurant decor is a treat for your eyes, live oriental music a treat for your ears...and the food was savory. I love dim sum anytime day/night. I had pork buns and shrimp dumplings. They were very good.Special Features:
- Review by the Robinson familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Delicious food and attentive service. We have dined here many times when we have visited Orlando and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family MealmanxannDined on 8/9/2014Simple on-line booking. Family group of seven, from eight to seventies had a window table with a view of the ponds and gardens. pleasant staff, food good and quick service. Prices reasonable for the class of establishment. We all enjoyed the visitSpecial Features:
- Not Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014Ming Court is a beautiful Chinese restaurant on I-Drive that I was hoping would be a great experience. While our server was personable, and the room was stellar, the food was some of the worst Chinese I've ever had. I would not recommend it.Special Features:
- Ming Court is ALWAYS excellent!SweetSueDined on 8/3/2014We brought family and friends here to celebrate our daughter's graduation with her MBA. We seem to choose Ming Court for special celebrations and when visitors come to town. Ming Court is always our FIRST CHOICE whenever we want Chinese food. It's simply THE BEST.Special Features:
- chefpmaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Ming Court has been around for years. The food is simply amazing. Eight Treasure Roast Duck (with duck, calamari, shrimp and scallops) is awesome. The Crunchy Sushi Roll is unmatched. Waiters are always polite and helpful. The only down side is that it is a tourist dinner stop. That said, I never hesitiate to go.Special Features:
- Excellent diningMalc54Dined on 7/18/2014We have been to this restaurant on several occasions over the past 20 years. The food is always excellent and the atmosphere is fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST CHINESE IN ORLANDOGOAGURLDined on 7/13/2014BEEN GOING TO MING COURT FOR PROB 20 YEARS WE DONT HAVE ANY CHINESE EATERIES IN GAINESVILLE FL SO ALWAYS A DELIGHT TO COME TO ORLANDO AND EAT HERE MANY CELEBRATIONS HELD HERE FOR MY FAMILY AND ALWAYS MY CHOICE POST DISNEY RUNS SERVICE IS EXCELLENT FOOD IS YUM YUM FEELS LIKE FAMILY WHEN WE ARE HERE AS MANY OF THE SERVERS REMEMBER USSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014this place could be so good, but the food really lets it down. even the prawn crackers were full of fat and grease!
- MariDined on 6/29/2014Service was excellent, unfortunately the food was extremely disappointing. Not to mention overpriced which I don't mind paying if the food is worth it.
- BEBEDined on 6/28/2014THE RESTAURANT WAS VERY NICELY SET UP...THE STAFF WAS MORE THAN ACCOMMONDATING. THE CHOICE OF FOOD WAS PHENOMANAL & VERY DELICIOUS...I SIGNED UP FOR THE VIP PROGRAM BECAUSE I WILL BE RETURNING SOONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 110% would go back again.JoshCarterDined on 6/26/2014Found this place online and booked it as a surprise for the girlfriend as she loves sushi and seafood and we hadn't had it all week we had been in Florida. When we arrived I was too surprised at how nice and authentic the place looked and the food and service was 10/10. This place is one not to miss if your only in the area for a short time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful restauranthummusmavenDined on 6/26/2014Unlike most of the restaurants along International Drive, Ming Court isn't a chain. It's beautiful, it offers a limited Dim Sum menu weekdays, and a large and exotic Dim Sum menu weekends. It's non-Dim Sum lunch menu includes both mundane and more unusual dishes at reasonable prices . . . prepared with the highest quality ingredients and cooked with unusual skill. I stop by every time I'm in Orlando.Special Features:
- Ming Court Florida 2014GeckomanDined on 6/6/2014Once again dining at Ming Court was extra special. I booked a table for two as an anniversary treat for my wife and I and we were not disappointed. The food was splendid, hot, well served and an excellent presentation. The young Lady who served us could not have been nicer! She even arranged for a complimentary dessert to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary :) We always try to go to Ming Court for at least one meal when we are in Orlando, and will continue to do so in the future. Be sure to take time to watch and feed the Koi carp in their surround pond, they are magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ming Court is a must!TomBVIPDined on 5/25/2014What a great place. The restaurant decor and surrounding landscape is very interesting and even has tiny bridge over Koi pond :) Service was a little slow, but the food was great. With such a huge menu to try, we plan on visiting many, many more timesSpecial Features:
- Lovely dining experience.loveggreatfoodVIPDined on 5/25/2014Had never been to Ming Court and was surprised to find a beautiful, traditional chinese ambience, excellent service, and delicious food! Would definitely return. A restaurant like this is hard to find these days.Special Features:
- Great dim sumtheartistDined on 5/25/2014Excellent service. Great food. Highly recommended for dim sum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Every time we are in the Orlando area, Ming Court is a must visit restaurant. It's where the locals go; and that's always the best recommendation. Enjoy! Their Volcano Roll is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiChefmikeDined on 5/24/2014I went there for sushi and was disappointed. The sushi didn't appear/taste freshI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/20/2014Portions small for the price. Quality of ingredients also not great for the price.
- A cut above usual I-drive fareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014Good alternative to I-drive franchise dining. Yum, yum, yum (am I up to 50 characters yet?)Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceCasperscritiquesDined on 5/11/2014The Ming Court is a gem of a find. The restaurant staff are so attentive and we were lucky enough to be served by Connie who was just delightful. The food surpassed expectation so much so that we had to ask to box the left overs for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somewhat dissapointedfamilyVIPDined on 5/11/2014beautiful space, not traditional recipes, dishes not clearly explained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantsemi2Dined on 5/10/2014The best restaurant in Orlando. Great food, great ambiance, great service. Located across the street from Point Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious cuisine and decor.HobokenDined on 5/10/2014Great food . Would like to have had larger portions especially with the fried rice . Decor and theme was great and relaxing. Service excellent . Kid friendly. Would definitely go again th Ming Court.Special Features:
- EdgeDined on 5/9/2014Good food , service, and very peaceful the day we were there for lunch.Tropical setting with ponds and Koi.Special Features:
- The following 474 reviews are from the Ming Court reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Great restaurant with vast menu and very good service. Located in a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencebirthdaygirlDined on 5/2/2014This was our first visit and we loved every minute of our visit. From the awesome koi ponds to the dessert every moment was amazing. The service can't be beat either. Our server was there the minute our drinks were half full, filling them. He had everything before we could ask. We were there to celebrate my birthday and I can tell you we will be back again for a date night. The look and feel of the restaurant made us feel like we were somewhere else entirely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant had declined few yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014We've been coming for many years but the last few it has been declining, we won't be back.
- Highly recommendedJusfrusDined on 4/26/2014I have lived in Orlando for many years and yet never visited Ming Court. I think I was expecting some touristy Chinese restaurant so I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food, the presentation, the surroundings and the attentive staff. All in all a very pleasant evening and I will. Ensure to return.Special Features:
- Great Ambience and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014The decor at Ming Court is very nice, if not a bit over the top in some ways. The service was prompt and attentive. Ming Court offers authentic Chinese food, American-nese food, and sushi. My party opted for the surrounding Chinese food. We had an appetizer platter, soup, and five or six dishes to share. Everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FriendlyAngelaDined on 4/20/2014Very nice restaurant with a pond and large carp swimming around. Kids enjoyed the view and very close to hotels. Food was very good and we shared the dishes family style. Highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for Chinese food in Orlando.Special Features:
- Little piece of ChinaRelaxedkjDined on 4/20/2014Love the restaurant. Food is good, and I like to relax and forget I'm in the heart of Orlando. It has wall to wall windows that look out on to private patio with a koi pond, and they have live entertainment playing chinese instruments. Very relaxing!!Special Features:
- Authentic food and ambienceChitownFoodieDined on 4/19/2014The food and service were great. The decor was on point with Chinese culture. Live, cultural music was a huge plus as were the koi ponds. It's a bit strange seeing Japanese food on the menu, but it's understandable since they are located on I-drive, in a heavily touristy area.Special Features:
- Special OccassionAncoraImparo2Dined on 4/12/2014A family reunion in Orlando was highlighted by personal service with the chef catering to our group. The cuisine was authentic, the service exemplary, and the atmosphere traditional. I look forward to returning on my next conference at the Orlando Convention Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert lessTripletmomDined on 4/11/2014We reserved a table thru open table and got to the restaurant and had to wait. Then we waited awhile until a waiter decided to come over. We asked for tea ( which in all other Chinese restaurants is complimentary ). Not here. $1.50 a person and it wasn't even drinkable. One tea bag for a pot of tea. Terrible. Food was good but had to pay extra for fried rice. We finished dinner got our check and were never offered dessert. Everyone around us were presented with a beautiful dessert tray. Not us. To say the least...not impressed.Special Features: