Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
235 Roslyn Rd
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mimsny.com/
- Phone: 5166257305
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Manual Portillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Speak to our catering manager about off premise catering. To-go trays and party platters available.
A word from Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
One of Long Island's most popular neighborhood restaurants, Mim’s serves robustly flavored, seasonal American cuisine in a relaxed setting of casual elegance. We offer a full lunch and dinner menu with daily specials in the dining room and the bar. Behind the bar, an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a large selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails are offered. Private parties, large groups & special events are welcome, with private dining & event space available. Mim’s is known for welcoming guests with excellent value and warm hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)good for groups (56)kid-friendly (40)special occasion (38)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (26)romantic (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (8)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pleasantly surprisedddvis19Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good, service was great and the drinks were not stingy. The portobello mushroom appetizer was delicious! Looking forward to becoming a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014we needed a place to entertain a few coworkers from Ireland, with several different food options, this was a perfect. Great food, great service and we were able to hear each other.Special Features:
- Lunch time service was poorLoriVIPDined on 9/11/2014Went on a Thursday for lunch and the waiter was not great. He made a few mistakes describing some of the appetizers was slow to take our order and seemed fairly clueless and not engaged. Usually much better serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!DblumyDined on 9/7/2014Went here because I had a groupon. So glad we did! Food was great and made it for the 4:30-630 pre fix that they have every night. Bonus. So many things on the menu. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- ApolloDined on 9/6/2014As usual excellent food. Great atmosphere . Reasonable prices . Great service.diverse menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Mim's is a reliable, neighborhood gem. Ask for Stephanie as your server. She is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great, the only thing mims should do is get a pleasant hostess. The woman Samantha was very nasty and not accommodating at all. It started the evening off on a bad note. But the service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good day.BarryKDined on 8/30/2014We were at a table for 6 and I could not hear the people right across from me.The air conditioning was freezing and when we asked for it to be turned down they said they could not because twas too hot in other areas of the restaurant. My dish was not cooked appropriately although the other five people were fine with their meals.They did offer a replacement and comped it for me as well. I have been at this place several times an this was the first time I had a really bad experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014Overall very pleasing meal. Good casual dining, nice atmosphere very pleasant wait staff
- NEVER disappointed.TRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 8/12/2014Mim's is always a pleasure - great food, great service, wonderful ambience, nice bartending staff, good portions. I have never been disappointed at this fine establishment. Always a treat!!!
- Fun niteCookieDined on 8/11/2014Our server was very friendly, courteous, and efficient. We were 6 friends celebrating a Birthday and we had a great time at Mim's. The food was delicious with many choices. The cocktail menu was had fun selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favsLauramc21Dined on 8/8/2014Staff is always warm & welcoming! We eat here regularly! Customer appreciate nights and entire months definitely a nice touch. Price fixe all night is also a nice bonus although we love the entire menu. Buffalo chicken spring rolls top of my list of appetizers!Special Features:
- SCargoDined on 8/7/2014Very good food,great value,casual and comfortable. Service is great. Everyone can find something on the nightly specials.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/7/2014it was a wonderful celebration w/ delicious food and friends. i always suggest your restuarant for the freshness of your meals and wait staff.Special Features:
- Gerber811Dined on 8/6/2014The food was amazing, staff was friendly, definitely coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014Mim's is alwys, consistantly, reliably good. Watch out for the money saving price-off couponsSpecial Features:
- Love!LoveMimsDined on 8/5/2014Food was delicious! Service was great! The complementary chocolate cookie at the end was a great touch! We go often and will continue to go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotFormerfanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Been hearing very positive reviews. It was good but not great. If I was in the neighborhood I would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leebonDined on 8/4/2014Very pleasant. Nice menu, reasonable prices, Good service. Will return. Only negative, was maître de greeting -was quite cool, not friendly or welcoming. Tuesday eve, so not crowded or noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRichDined on 7/31/2014Had the osso bucco. It fell right off the bone. Tender and perfect. I will return.Special Features:
- MarvmarvDined on 7/20/2014Received an e-mail For a special lobster dinner, and made a special trip to the restaurant for it. After being seated we were told by the waiter that they didn't get any lobster delivery. Would have been nice if they followed up with an updated e-mail to let people know about the problem before coming to the establishment.
- Mim'sOut4foodDined on 7/19/2014Food and service met our expectations. No rush after table of four finished our diner.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!DstrauDined on 7/19/2014Mim's always provides consistently good food, a good value and very good service!Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014I used to love this place and have lots of fond memories. Maybe it was an off night, but they seem to be slipping. Everything was just lackluster, starting with the cold, tasteless bread basket. Our server was nice, but very harried. Nothing about the experience was horrible, but with so many great dining options in the area, why spend time and money on mediocrity?
- RBNYCVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is the most sub par dining experience we've had so far with Open Table restaurants. The 'hostess' acted like she was doing us a huge favor by acknowledging us and an even bigger favor seating us. I barely remember the food it was so blah. I don't understand where all the good reviews are coming from. Will not go back to this place - normally I would give a second chance in case it was an off night but not this time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2014always good and reliable. 2nd visit in 2 weeks. never disappointed.Special Features:
- Good DEAL With CouponSnoopy500Dined on 7/6/2014Dining at Mim's is a very good, relaxed experience. The menu is quite varied. The portions are good sized. We were particularly intrigued by the offer of a coupon of $25 off if you spend $60.
- Good Bread = Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The food was OK, but the breads were terrible--totally tasteless. Accepted, some diners push away the breads; but those who enjoy partaking of some before food is served would be insulted by such poor fare. Mim's does not serve complimentary tastings, so the least they can do is serve an appetizing bread basket.
- DIAMOND IN THE RUFFjmsdines1Dined on 7/6/2014AMAZING LOBSTER DINNER!!! EVERYTHING FROM THE UPBEAT HOST, THE FUNNY SERVER, AND THE OUTSTANDING SPECIALS WERE JUST PERFECT. HIGHLY RECOMMAND THE LOBSTER SPECIAL (considering they are not a seafood restaurant), THE EARLY EVENING PRE-FIXE IS A HOMERUN AS WELL. WE WILL SURELY RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MimsLauramc21Dined on 7/5/2014We frequent Mims and love it! As for appetizers a must try are the buffalo chicken spring rolls! My favorite drink is the blackberry lemonade. Service is always great! Food is always tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Always consistently good and reasonably priced. There are frequent discount coupons and a nightly pre-fixe to keep the place busy. Book ahead on Opentable to avoid lengthy waiting, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favorite.HSL1Dined on 7/4/2014Once again another good meal at Mim's. Although the restaurant was jammed Stephanie ( our waitress took)her time explained everything and was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service very slow. IbevcowVIPDined on 7/4/2014Service or kitchen prep so slow. When dinner finally arrived two of the six fishes ordered had to go back. Pasta on meatballs way over cooked. Plain steak on salad had pepper which was specifically not asked for. It took three hours for dinner. Unacceptable😣Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IradDined on 7/4/2014One of our favorite reliable restaurants. The portions are plentiful. The $4 side salad makes a mockery of those $10-$12 salads elsewhere. The Granny Smith Chicken cannot be found elsewhere. It is prepared perfectly and is a family favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and quaintJunkyVIPDined on 7/3/2014A great location for good food, easy valet parking, and very reasonable prices. Within easy reach of the highways, this is a great local spot in Roslyn, either for locals, or for people on their way to the eastern beaches.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKristieIDined on 6/28/2014Quiet, comfortable, great choice for a fine dining experience at a reasonable price. They offer 3 delicious courses for 24.95! The selection was perfect. We were looking for a place that was quiet, romantic, and reasonably priced. Mims was exactly what we were looking for. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014I do not commonly find excellent service but I would feel it be a disservice to the staff at Mims not to comment on the excellent service our party received at dinner. Service can make a medocre meal excellent or a delicious meal unsatisfactory, and Mims delivered on both quality of food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2014always good and reliable. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- This restaurant does not measure upOhWell1Dined on 6/21/2014The prices are moderate, to high for the "fare." It is low end American traditional. The menu is not creative, and the food is less than creative. For $70 for two, the meal was less than what we bargained for, and I think they need a new chef, a new manager, and a new "style."Special Features:
- Had a great mealFoodluver25Dined on 6/17/2014Had great meal. My server was very friendly. Had the sautéed chicken it was great. Going to tell all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.