Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
235 Roslyn Rd
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mimsny.com/
- Phone: (516) 625-7305
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Manual Portillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Speak to our catering manager about off premise catering. To-go trays and party platters available.
A word from Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
One of Long Island's most popular neighborhood restaurants, Mim’s serves robustly flavored, seasonal American cuisine in a relaxed setting of casual elegance. We offer a full lunch and dinner menu with daily specials in the dining room and the bar. Behind the bar, an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a large selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails are offered. Private parties, large groups & special events are welcome, with private dining & event space available. Mim’s is known for welcoming guests with excellent value and warm hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (54)kid-friendly (33)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Very nice restaurant!BobKDined on 11/22/2014Our table was waiting for us. Our waitress was delightful, pleasant and most importantly delivered our order accurately in a timely manner. The food and drink was nothing less than what we would expect from Mim's. Two minor negatives... They cut back on the sides.. Previous visits offered two sides with entree ... Now only one is offered. The second negative has to do with parking. The lot is small and valet only... But you can always find parking on the surrounding streets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodopeltzVIPDined on 11/21/2014Been here before but food was better this time. Had blackened steak and a steak sandwich. Took a bit too long for food to come out but was very good once it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Neighborhood PlaceEllen28VIPDined on 11/20/2014When we think of Mims...Fresh food, Friendly service. Accomodating diners needs. Its a great place for groups and with a favorite person. We have had parties and brunches and continue coming back, knowing it all always be a delicious dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!!!MartyDined on 11/17/2014Haven't dined at Mim's in a while and I almost forgot how much I love this place. Excellent food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014I was very disappointed. Ion the past, the food was always great. This time, the fish was dry and it seemed like something else should have been served with the fish and Brussels sprouts.
- nice placeSandyVIPDined on 11/7/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. Nice atmosphere and the food was good. The only bad thing was their bloody mary. Worst I ever had. The waitress tried it and agreed.
- Pretty good.LuvthisplaceDined on 11/7/2014Went for restaurant week..felt a little rushed. Had the potato crusted grouper...was okay but potato wasn't really "crusted". Grouper is such a lovely fish by itself...think it should have been just grilled with maybe potato/steamed veggie on the side. Felt they tried to do too much with dish. However, neighboring table had short ribs, skirt steak, that looked, and that they said, was fantastic. Apple crisp dessert was delicious. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/5/2014fish taco from bar menu were cold and tasteless. dessert cookies was hard was unable to split 2 share. I choose another item..tasted like apple oatmeal...not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites for years!Lauramc21Dined on 11/1/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Mims. The buffalo chicken spring rolls are the best. This time I had the potato crusted grouper which was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerMC75Dined on 10/25/2014We recently dined here upon recommendation from a few different friends. Our table wasn't ready when we arrived for our reservation so we settled down for a drink at the bar. Our bartender was friendly and attentive. After we were escorted to our table, we all decided on our entire meal before our waiter introduced himself. We each ordered something completely different. Each entree was delicious and prepared to our liking. Dessert was also a hit. Our one qualm was the clearly overwhelmed service staff. The restaurant was packed and there didn't seem to be enough waitstaff to cover the tables which delayed our wait time enough to be frustrating. We will be back again for sure because of the food... hopefully with better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE MIM'S!DstrauDined on 10/25/2014Always a great meal with a terrific prix fixe! never disappoints! Excellent food, service and prix fixe with a myriad of choices!Special Features:
- I love this place!!!MartyDined on 10/23/2014Unpretentious, excellent food, great service. Always a favorite!!!Special Features:
- Great valuefiyahdVIPDined on 10/22/2014Good prices and solid food. Didn't realize it was 1/2 price wine bottle night, so we were greeted with a big crowd. We were seated immediately with our reservation and had a good first experience.
- Extensive Menu with Great FooodClifDined on 10/22/2014Something for everyone, with a extensive menu and variety of dishes including prix fixe selections for early diners and on this visit a special Octoberfest menu. Also great wine and cocktail menu. Comfortable and classy environment with attentive service staff!Special Features:
- NiceTrufflesDined on 10/19/2014It was a nice place to eat, good variety of food to choose from. Server wasn't too friendly, but we got everything we asked for.Special Features:
- Very satisfiedReturneeDined on 10/17/2014Pleased to see the wine menu choices are once again enjoyable. The waiter was very attentive to our requests and the food exceptional. Happy to see a gluten free menu also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTfoodforthesoulDined on 10/11/2014This is a great place for lunch or dinner. The food is always great!We frequent Mim's as often as we can.Special Features:
- Review of Mim's in RoslynSplinkyDined on 10/10/2014Everything about Mim's was great, from the bartenders to the waiter to the drinks, appetizers, main course and desserts!!! Delicious, excellent quality of food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains consistently goodShanaMaidelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Prices are a little high; portions have become somewhat smaller. But the quality is there. Service can be sporadic. Once the restaurant is busy, it can difficult to get attention. And servers become very distracted. Go after the prix fixe time (ends at 6:30) and it can be better. Two small meatball sliders (although delicious) are pricy at $10. Good value on pasta, burger and brew or other nightly specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu and AtmosphereMarkDined on 9/20/2014The menu was balanced and had something for everyone. Everyone enjoyed their food: 'simply prepared' salmon, pasta with shrimp, chicken with apples, pork chop stuffed with shrimp. A standout was the acorn squash with risotto and cranberries appetizer was beautifully prepared and presented. We chose to move to a different table due proximity of ceiling vent, and the hostess and waitress were very pleasant about it. A little pricey.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedddvis19Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good, service was great and the drinks were not stingy. The portobello mushroom appetizer was delicious! Looking forward to becoming a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisedeb59Dined on 9/19/2014This is a large restaurant- so I was concerned it may feel to "commercial"... I can not say it was intimate, but the service was attentive and the food was quite good. I will likely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEJ14Dined on 9/16/2014we needed a place to entertain a few coworkers from Ireland, with several different food options, this was a perfect. Great food, great service and we were able to hear each other.Special Features:
- Lunch time service was poorLoriVIPDined on 9/11/2014Went on a Thursday for lunch and the waiter was not great. He made a few mistakes describing some of the appetizers was slow to take our order and seemed fairly clueless and not engaged. Usually much better serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!DblumyDined on 9/7/2014Went here because I had a groupon. So glad we did! Food was great and made it for the 4:30-630 pre fix that they have every night. Bonus. So many things on the menu. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- ApolloDined on 9/6/2014As usual excellent food. Great atmosphere . Reasonable prices . Great service.diverse menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Mim's is a reliable, neighborhood gem. Ask for Stephanie as your server. She is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great, the only thing mims should do is get a pleasant hostess. The woman Samantha was very nasty and not accommodating at all. It started the evening off on a bad note. But the service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good day.BarryKDined on 8/30/2014We were at a table for 6 and I could not hear the people right across from me.The air conditioning was freezing and when we asked for it to be turned down they said they could not because twas too hot in other areas of the restaurant. My dish was not cooked appropriately although the other five people were fine with their meals.They did offer a replacement and comped it for me as well. I have been at this place several times an this was the first time I had a really bad experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014Overall very pleasing meal. Good casual dining, nice atmosphere very pleasant wait staff
- NEVER disappointed.TRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 8/12/2014Mim's is always a pleasure - great food, great service, wonderful ambience, nice bartending staff, good portions. I have never been disappointed at this fine establishment. Always a treat!!!
- Fun niteCookieDined on 8/11/2014Our server was very friendly, courteous, and efficient. We were 6 friends celebrating a Birthday and we had a great time at Mim's. The food was delicious with many choices. The cocktail menu was had fun selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favsLauramc21Dined on 8/8/2014Staff is always warm & welcoming! We eat here regularly! Customer appreciate nights and entire months definitely a nice touch. Price fixe all night is also a nice bonus although we love the entire menu. Buffalo chicken spring rolls top of my list of appetizers!Special Features:
- SCargoDined on 8/7/2014Very good food,great value,casual and comfortable. Service is great. Everyone can find something on the nightly specials.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/7/2014it was a wonderful celebration w/ delicious food and friends. i always suggest your restuarant for the freshness of your meals and wait staff.Special Features:
- Gerber811Dined on 8/6/2014The food was amazing, staff was friendly, definitely coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014Mim's is alwys, consistantly, reliably good. Watch out for the money saving price-off couponsSpecial Features:
- Love!LoveMimsDined on 8/5/2014Food was delicious! Service was great! The complementary chocolate cookie at the end was a great touch! We go often and will continue to go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotFormerfanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Been hearing very positive reviews. It was good but not great. If I was in the neighborhood I would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leebonDined on 8/4/2014Very pleasant. Nice menu, reasonable prices, Good service. Will return. Only negative, was maître de greeting -was quite cool, not friendly or welcoming. Tuesday eve, so not crowded or noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.