Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
235 Roslyn Rd
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mimsny.com/
- Phone: 5166257305
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Manual Portillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Speak to our catering manager about off premise catering. To-go trays and party platters available.
A word from Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn
One of Long Island's most popular neighborhood restaurants, Mim’s serves robustly flavored, seasonal American cuisine in a relaxed setting of casual elegance. We offer a full lunch and dinner menu with daily specials in the dining room and the bar. Behind the bar, an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a large selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails are offered. Private parties, large groups & special events are welcome, with private dining & event space available. Mim’s is known for welcoming guests with excellent value and warm hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mim’s Restaurant - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (53)special occasion (37)kid-friendly (35)great for lunch (30)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (16)hot spot (15)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great, the only thing mims should do is get a pleasant hostess. The woman Samantha was very nasty and not accommodating at all. It started the evening off on a bad note. But the service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good day.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We were at a table for 6 and I could not hear the people right across from me.The air conditioning was freezing and when we asked for it to be turned down they said they could not because twas too hot in other areas of the restaurant. My dish was not cooked appropriately although the other five people were fine with their meals.They did offer a replacement and comped it for me as well. I have been at this place several times an this was the first time I had a really bad experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014Overall very pleasing meal. Good casual dining, nice atmosphere very pleasant wait staff
- Fun niteCookieDined on 8/11/2014Our server was very friendly, courteous, and efficient. We were 6 friends celebrating a Birthday and we had a great time at Mim's. The food was delicious with many choices. The cocktail menu was had fun selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favsLauramc21Dined on 8/8/2014Staff is always warm & welcoming! We eat here regularly! Customer appreciate nights and entire months definitely a nice touch. Price fixe all night is also a nice bonus although we love the entire menu. Buffalo chicken spring rolls top of my list of appetizers!Special Features:
- SCargoDined on 8/7/2014Very good food,great value,casual and comfortable. Service is great. Everyone can find something on the nightly specials.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/7/2014it was a wonderful celebration w/ delicious food and friends. i always suggest your restuarant for the freshness of your meals and wait staff.Special Features:
- Gerber811Dined on 8/6/2014The food was amazing, staff was friendly, definitely coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014Mim's is alwys, consistantly, reliably good. Watch out for the money saving price-off couponsSpecial Features:
- Love!LoveMimsDined on 8/5/2014Food was delicious! Service was great! The complementary chocolate cookie at the end was a great touch! We go often and will continue to go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotFormerfanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Been hearing very positive reviews. It was good but not great. If I was in the neighborhood I would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leebonDined on 8/4/2014Very pleasant. Nice menu, reasonable prices, Good service. Will return. Only negative, was maître de greeting -was quite cool, not friendly or welcoming. Tuesday eve, so not crowded or noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRichDined on 7/31/2014Had the osso bucco. It fell right off the bone. Tender and perfect. I will return.Special Features:
- MarvmarvDined on 7/20/2014Received an e-mail For a special lobster dinner, and made a special trip to the restaurant for it. After being seated we were told by the waiter that they didn't get any lobster delivery. Would have been nice if they followed up with an updated e-mail to let people know about the problem before coming to the establishment.
- Mim'sOut4foodDined on 7/19/2014Food and service met our expectations. No rush after table of four finished our diner.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!DstrauDined on 7/19/2014Mim's always provides consistently good food, a good value and very good service!Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014I used to love this place and have lots of fond memories. Maybe it was an off night, but they seem to be slipping. Everything was just lackluster, starting with the cold, tasteless bread basket. Our server was nice, but very harried. Nothing about the experience was horrible, but with so many great dining options in the area, why spend time and money on mediocrity?
- RBNYCVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is the most sub par dining experience we've had so far with Open Table restaurants. The 'hostess' acted like she was doing us a huge favor by acknowledging us and an even bigger favor seating us. I barely remember the food it was so blah. I don't understand where all the good reviews are coming from. Will not go back to this place - normally I would give a second chance in case it was an off night but not this time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2014always good and reliable. 2nd visit in 2 weeks. never disappointed.Special Features:
- Good DEAL With CouponSnoopy500Dined on 7/6/2014Dining at Mim's is a very good, relaxed experience. The menu is quite varied. The portions are good sized. We were particularly intrigued by the offer of a coupon of $25 off if you spend $60.
- Good Bread = Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The food was OK, but the breads were terrible--totally tasteless. Accepted, some diners push away the breads; but those who enjoy partaking of some before food is served would be insulted by such poor fare. Mim's does not serve complimentary tastings, so the least they can do is serve an appetizing bread basket.
- DIAMOND IN THE RUFFjmsdines1Dined on 7/6/2014AMAZING LOBSTER DINNER!!! EVERYTHING FROM THE UPBEAT HOST, THE FUNNY SERVER, AND THE OUTSTANDING SPECIALS WERE JUST PERFECT. HIGHLY RECOMMAND THE LOBSTER SPECIAL (considering they are not a seafood restaurant), THE EARLY EVENING PRE-FIXE IS A HOMERUN AS WELL. WE WILL SURELY RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MimsLauramc21Dined on 7/5/2014We frequent Mims and love it! As for appetizers a must try are the buffalo chicken spring rolls! My favorite drink is the blackberry lemonade. Service is always great! Food is always tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Always consistently good and reasonably priced. There are frequent discount coupons and a nightly pre-fixe to keep the place busy. Book ahead on Opentable to avoid lengthy waiting, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favorite.HSL1Dined on 7/4/2014Once again another good meal at Mim's. Although the restaurant was jammed Stephanie ( our waitress took)her time explained everything and was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service very slow. IbevcowVIPDined on 7/4/2014Service or kitchen prep so slow. When dinner finally arrived two of the six fishes ordered had to go back. Pasta on meatballs way over cooked. Plain steak on salad had pepper which was specifically not asked for. It took three hours for dinner. Unacceptable😣Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IradDined on 7/4/2014One of our favorite reliable restaurants. The portions are plentiful. The $4 side salad makes a mockery of those $10-$12 salads elsewhere. The Granny Smith Chicken cannot be found elsewhere. It is prepared perfectly and is a family favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and quaintJunkyVIPDined on 7/3/2014A great location for good food, easy valet parking, and very reasonable prices. Within easy reach of the highways, this is a great local spot in Roslyn, either for locals, or for people on their way to the eastern beaches.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKristieIDined on 6/28/2014Quiet, comfortable, great choice for a fine dining experience at a reasonable price. They offer 3 delicious courses for 24.95! The selection was perfect. We were looking for a place that was quiet, romantic, and reasonably priced. Mims was exactly what we were looking for. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014I do not commonly find excellent service but I would feel it be a disservice to the staff at Mims not to comment on the excellent service our party received at dinner. Service can make a medocre meal excellent or a delicious meal unsatisfactory, and Mims delivered on both quality of food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2014always good and reliable. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- This restaurant does not measure upOhWell1Dined on 6/21/2014The prices are moderate, to high for the "fare." It is low end American traditional. The menu is not creative, and the food is less than creative. For $70 for two, the meal was less than what we bargained for, and I think they need a new chef, a new manager, and a new "style."Special Features:
- Had a great mealFoodluver25Dined on 6/17/2014Had great meal. My server was very friendly. Had the sautéed chicken it was great. Going to tell all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leeleeDined on 6/15/2014Very nice Fathers Day dinner. The lobster special was very good and a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneySaraVIPDined on 6/14/2014We've been driving past Mim's for at least 20 years and had never eaten there. I'm sorry to say we finally gave it a try. Starting with dirty wine glasses that were dripping with dishwater, messy table settings, and barely mediocre food we were astonished at how crowded the place was. Always a jammed parking lot all those years we drove past. The in-your-face server even talked us into having the brownie sundae dessert which was equally terrible. And expensive!!! We spent about $250 for 4 people. That's big bucks for a very disappointing meal. Never again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Nothing to complain about. Service was steady on a busy Saturday night. The waitor was very energetic and nice. The food was great. Over all great experience. You do need a reservation for busy weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014Always a great meal and fantastic service! I have eaten here numerous times and will continue to frequent Mim's.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceLove2eattyVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a great dining experience but mostly bc of the staff. We had a waitress named dara at dinner last week. She was attentive and knowledgable but never pushy. She really made the experience great! Food was good and we loved the appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everybodyNOPEPPERSVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were in town for the Belmont Stakes and were told by other members of our party to find a restaurant and they'd meet us there. We have a gluten intolerant person and a very picky eater as well as some foodies. We found Mim's via OpenTable and it said there was an extensive gluten free menu. They also had a lot of staples (chicken parm, steaks, burgers, etc.) for our picky eater to choose from. Everyone was very happy with their meal. Plus they have table top s'mores for dessert! They were able to accommodate our party when we turned out to be 2 more than I had originally anticipated however the tables were a little close together, making me feel a little cramped. All in all a great meal was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFoodieVIPDined on 6/4/2014Neighborhood gem. Ask for Stephanie to be your serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.