327 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mimosagrill.com/
- Phone: (704) 343-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Saturday 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Lunch Saturday: 12:00pm – 5:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jon Fortes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on catering and private dining, please contact us at 704-343-0700 or email Curtis Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information on Mimosa Grill's private dining room and other venues for your next party.
- Private Party Contact: Curtis Harvey 7043430700x
- Special Events: Mimosa Grill offers monthly wine dinners and cooking classes as well as special offers throughout the week. Contact us for details: 704-343-0700.
A word from Mimosa Grill
Located in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, Mimosa Grill offers fine, Southern cuisine in a casually sophisticated ambiance. Executive Chef Thomas Marlow, has created a seasonal menu that features a "farm to plate" signature style by using only the best of locally raised and grown ingredients. The restaurant's stunning outdoor patio overlooks the Charlotte skyline and is the perfect destination for enjoying our hand-selected wine list, specialty drinks and beers on tap. For more than 12 years, Charlotte visitors and residents, alike, have come to Mimosa Grill for its impressive cuisine, fresh ingredients and gracious, heartfelt hospitality. We hope you'll join us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mimosa Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (40)good for groups (35)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (29)great for lunch (24)scenic view (20)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- LunchTwo4dinnerDined on 11/21/2014The Friday Fish and Chips are great. Staff is attentive. Only the noise level needs work. Had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent menusek0321Dined on 11/15/2014great menu and food! Waiter was excellent! Would have preferred A more intimate setting. Tables were very close, you couldn't get out of your seat without hitting the next table. Would definitely go again and try something new. Must order the stuffed hush puppies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularCharlieNolaDined on 11/10/2014The food, service and atmosphere were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Not great . Dined here on Friday night. Service was slow. Food was just ok. Not up to what I heard it was going to be. !
- Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Dinner was amazing and both entrees were visual delights. My husband had the lamb and loved it and I had the mahi mahi special. We agreed that they were both among the best dinners we ever enjoyed. We will be going back to Mimosa before our next Blumenthal performance for another perfect meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wgppDined on 11/4/2014Excellent food. A bit loud. Air vent blew on our booth, making one side too cool.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseChristiaanDined on 11/1/2014The server was able to accommodate special requests outside of the menu, the food was great, and the setting was lovely. Will definitely return for another meal. In the mean time we are returning for Thanksgiving Day with our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED OUR WAITER!AnnLDined on 10/31/2014This was a great time as we met friends we had not seen in a long time. The food was really, really good, presentation incredible. Our waiter, Justin, was a GEM!! You need to keep him at all costs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014Was a very busy night. Food was not as we had hope. Way to much salt.Special Features:
- Food and service very good!VinospicketDined on 10/30/2014Mike, our server was attentive and knowledgeable about the entrees. The chorizo stuffed chicken was excellent. My wife had a kale salad, which we agree was the best I've ever tasted with their dressing. The mussel appetizer was very good and served as her entrée. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2014We eat here before Panther's games and really enjoy their Sunday brunch. You have to make a reservation to guarantee a table for 11:30-1:00, though I'm not sure why because there are always lots of empty tables, yet there are people without reservations being turned away at the hostess stand. The food is always delicious- love the way they have menu items you can order in addition to the buffet as part of the all inclusive price.Special Features:
- Great placeRussDined on 10/23/2014Great food and service. The staff was awesome and paid attention to the details which matter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Charlotte Brunch SpotVinDRDined on 10/19/2014We have been there a few times for brunch and are never disappointed. Food is locally sourced,, and very good, service and atmosphere are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My whole dining experienceDanJDined on 10/12/2014Mimosa Grill was perfect. The wait staff very professional, food was sensational Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerCarolindaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Mimosa Grill was one of the first places we dined when we moved here and was an immediate favorite. After 6 1/2 years it still never fails to deliver exciting and tasty food and innovative menu selections.Special Features:
- Great brunch, drinks and serviceVinDRDined on 10/5/2014this is the second time we have gone there for lunch and have been very happy humbled occasions food is higher quality and diverse, and the drinks and service or even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for business and leisureCltfoodDined on 9/30/2014Varied menu. Always willing to adjust meal to your preference. Staff well educated on gluten free choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Friday dinnerDanDDined on 9/26/2014We were a couple of out-of-towners who went to Mimosa on a Friday night. There's much to like about it: pleasant staff, somewhat upscale atmosphere but not tony, and an interesting menu. Prices are moderate-plus: $9-13 for salads and appetizers, $25-32 for entrees, $8-13 for wine-by-the glass. For salads we had the greens and grilled kale--both nicely prepared. Entrees were the braised short-ribs and the trout--both very good. Portions were generous. We also ordered a side of the sorghum glazed brussels sprouts, which we enjoyed. For dessert we shared a creme brulee topped with candied orange--a satisfying cap to our meal. Our server was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Great food & service, smallportionsChristineVIPDined on 9/25/2014My friends and I ordered cocktails, the hushpuppy appetizer, salmon and flank steak entrees, a beet salad, and a large side of brussel sprouts. The hushpuppy appetizer was a good size and delicious. The salmon entree was also very good, but the portion was too small. Another friend ordered the beet salad and a large side of brussel sprouts. The beet salad was ridiculously small for $9. Thankfully she ordered the large side of brussel sprouts for another $9, but that still wasn't enough to eat. The hostess and waiter were excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 6 - all entrees excellent!UptownAngelaDined on 9/22/2014We dined at Mimosa due to it's location to the Knight Theater, we wanted to finish rather quickly then walk across the street for a concert. The waiter (I think Kevin?) did a nice job with the timing of the food, making sure we finished in time. We had the pecan crusted trout, lamb, filet and ribeye - all outstanding. Cheddar mash potatoes - exceptional! The only thing I can suggest as an improvement would be slow down when presenting the specials, the waiter spoke a little too fast for a few in our group (who were elderly). Great meal, we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntownforanightDined on 9/21/2014Delicious. Great service. The crawfish hush puppies were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BirthdayGirlDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant alone is almost worth flying back to Charlotte, NC! Our late night reservation was almost ready when we arrived. The food was deliciously fantastic. The restaurant was packed with large groups of diners in town for a conference. Our poor waiter had a table of 19 right next to the table for 2 that we were given. This was not good. Try as he might, there was just too much for him to do. We felt ignored for the most part and thought we'd probably have had better service if we were a part of the big group! We'd definitely go back for the food, but would be very aware of where we were seated next time.Special Features:
- a good time was had by alldinnerandmoviegirlDined on 9/13/2014Have been going here since it opened about 19 years. The ambiance and food are still great. I would tell anyone to go there. It is great for any occasion. We wanted a restaurant where five friends could have a relaxing time, wonderful food and a convenient place to meet. The Mimosa Grill was all that and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet in yearsFiletMignonLoverDined on 9/9/2014The filet mignon was excellent. Best I had in many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday BrunchPartTimeDinerDined on 9/7/2014Service was excellent. Good food choices. Good atmosphere. Enjoyable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an awesome servergg2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was made just about perfect by our server. He was knowledgeable and had impeccable timing not to mention the food was out of this world Thank you for an unforgettable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely perfectCheffridayDined on 9/1/2014It was everything I thought it would be and more. Top notch food and service. They really set the bar high. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightNateDined on 8/30/2014I decided to try this place for my wife's birthday. I only wish we would have tried it sooner! The food was excellent as was the service. I recommend the short rib. My wife said her steak was one of the top she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMassDined on 8/25/2014Food and drinks were excellent! Even though my companion's steak was a bit overcooked it still had a very good taste. It's a tad bit pricey but all in all worth it. Justin served us well.Special Features:
- BirthdayGirlDined on 8/22/2014Great views overlooking downtown. The food was very good.Special Features:
- PanthersDined on 8/17/2014We did not receive one of our entrees. Took twenty minutes to get drinks.Special Features:
- Could be betterBuchananDined on 8/17/2014Nothing wrong with it, but I expected more. I found a few items on the menu odd...Special Features:
- Had been on our list of restaurantsorigindoc33Dined on 8/16/2014Your restaurant had been on our list to try in Charlotte; you did not disappoint. Our visit was a late night visit and chose to dine on the patio, on a beautiful night as the Charlotte Pride festival was coming to a close. The food was delicious and the ambience was quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning for Groups!LUhondakam96Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was at a great location but more business colleagues meeting to have lunch/dinner. I particularly went on a date and we were literally the only couple there it was mainly groups. Besides that that food was really tasty and the waitress was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love this placecbostDined on 8/10/2014Yet another great meal at Mimosa. Still remains to be my favorite place in the queen city. My parent really enjoyed thier meal and the menu offerings. And as per usual the service was exceptional. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a late reservation for dinner following an event at the Bank of America Stadium. We did have to wait 15 minutes for a table which was frustrating since we made a reservation. Our server was terrific and the food was fantastic. It's a little difficult for kids but the flatbread appetizer was well received by them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014One of my favorite places. The lobstor Mac and cheese is my favorite!Special Features:
- fabulous findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Recommended by a family member who works nearby. Went there with 5 friends while visiting Charlotte. It was very busy, yet we had great service. Was especially impressed by the menu knowledge of our server. Her descriptions of the various items was spot on. We all loved what we chose and hope to go back to Mimossa in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 968 reviews are from the Mimosa Grill reviews archive.
- visiting CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Whenever we visit a city I always try to find good restaurants and Mimosa "fit the bill"! It was a Sunday so they were not crowded. Our server was professional, very engaging, and knowledgeable. My husband got the kale caesar salad, which was a little different twist on the usual, very good and the jambalaya, spicy and good! I had the salmon, cooked perfectly, and our son had the pork which he said was very good. The wine list is very reasonable and diverse. Our next visit we would surely return!Special Features:
- Decent spotAIS79Dined on 7/27/2014This place wasn't too bad. My wife returned a dish because the chicken had an after taste. And we found a hair in the biscuit. We weren't compensated at all. Not that we were looking for any compensation. But two issues in a restaurant like this one. The meal should've been comped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.