327 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mimosagrill.com/
- Phone: 7043430700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jon Fortes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on catering and private dining, please contact us at 704-343-0700 or email Curtis Harvey at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information on Mimosa Grill's private dining room and other venues for your next party.
- Private Party Contact: Curtis Harvey 7043430700x
- Special Events: Mimosa Grill offers monthly wine dinners and cooking classes as well as special offers throughout the week. Contact us for details: 704-343-0700.
A word from Mimosa Grill
Located in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, Mimosa Grill offers fine, Southern cuisine in a casually sophisticated ambiance. Executive Chef Jon Fortes, has created a seasonal menu that features a "farm to plate" signature style by using only the best of locally raised and grown ingredients. The restaurant's stunning outdoor patio overlooks the Charlotte skyline and is the perfect destination for enjoying our hand-selected wine list, specialty drinks and beers on tap. For more than 12 years, Charlotte visitors and residents, alike, have come to Mimosa Grill for its impressive cuisine, fresh ingredients and gracious, heartfelt hospitality. We hope you'll join us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mimosa Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)great for outdoor dining (56)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (53)romantic (53)scenic view (36)great for lunch (34)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great Charlotte Brunch SpotVinDRDined on 10/19/2014We have been there a few times for brunch and are never disappointed. Food is locally sourced,, and very good, service and atmosphere are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My whole dining experienceDanJDined on 10/12/2014Mimosa Grill was perfect. The wait staff very professional, food was sensational Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerCarolindaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Mimosa Grill was one of the first places we dined when we moved here and was an immediate favorite. After 6 1/2 years it still never fails to deliver exciting and tasty food and innovative menu selections.Special Features:
- Great brunch, drinks and serviceVinDRDined on 10/5/2014this is the second time we have gone there for lunch and have been very happy humbled occasions food is higher quality and diverse, and the drinks and service or even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for business and leisureCltfoodDined on 9/30/2014Varied menu. Always willing to adjust meal to your preference. Staff well educated on gluten free choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Friday dinnerDanDDined on 9/26/2014We were a couple of out-of-towners who went to Mimosa on a Friday night. There's much to like about it: pleasant staff, somewhat upscale atmosphere but not tony, and an interesting menu. Prices are moderate-plus: $9-13 for salads and appetizers, $25-32 for entrees, $8-13 for wine-by-the glass. For salads we had the greens and grilled kale--both nicely prepared. Entrees were the braised short-ribs and the trout--both very good. Portions were generous. We also ordered a side of the sorghum glazed brussels sprouts, which we enjoyed. For dessert we shared a creme brulee topped with candied orange--a satisfying cap to our meal. Our server was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Great food & service, smallportionsChristineVIPDined on 9/25/2014My friends and I ordered cocktails, the hushpuppy appetizer, salmon and flank steak entrees, a beet salad, and a large side of brussel sprouts. The hushpuppy appetizer was a good size and delicious. The salmon entree was also very good, but the portion was too small. Another friend ordered the beet salad and a large side of brussel sprouts. The beet salad was ridiculously small for $9. Thankfully she ordered the large side of brussel sprouts for another $9, but that still wasn't enough to eat. The hostess and waiter were excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 6 - all entrees excellent!UptownAngelaDined on 9/22/2014We dined at Mimosa due to it's location to the Knight Theater, we wanted to finish rather quickly then walk across the street for a concert. The waiter (I think Kevin?) did a nice job with the timing of the food, making sure we finished in time. We had the pecan crusted trout, lamb, filet and ribeye - all outstanding. Cheddar mash potatoes - exceptional! The only thing I can suggest as an improvement would be slow down when presenting the specials, the waiter spoke a little too fast for a few in our group (who were elderly). Great meal, we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntownforanightDined on 9/21/2014Delicious. Great service. The crawfish hush puppies were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good time was had by alldinnerandmoviegirlDined on 9/13/2014Have been going here since it opened about 19 years. The ambiance and food are still great. I would tell anyone to go there. It is great for any occasion. We wanted a restaurant where five friends could have a relaxing time, wonderful food and a convenient place to meet. The Mimosa Grill was all that and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet in yearsFiletMignonLoverDined on 9/9/2014The filet mignon was excellent. Best I had in many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday BrunchPartTimeDinerDined on 9/7/2014Service was excellent. Good food choices. Good atmosphere. Enjoyable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an awesome servergg2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was made just about perfect by our server. He was knowledgeable and had impeccable timing not to mention the food was out of this world Thank you for an unforgettable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely perfectCheffridayDined on 9/1/2014It was everything I thought it would be and more. Top notch food and service. They really set the bar high. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightNateDined on 8/30/2014I decided to try this place for my wife's birthday. I only wish we would have tried it sooner! The food was excellent as was the service. I recommend the short rib. My wife said her steak was one of the top she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMassDined on 8/25/2014Food and drinks were excellent! Even though my companion's steak was a bit overcooked it still had a very good taste. It's a tad bit pricey but all in all worth it. Justin served us well.Special Features:
- BirthdayGirlDined on 8/22/2014Great views overlooking downtown. The food was very good.Special Features:
- PanthersDined on 8/17/2014We did not receive one of our entrees. Took twenty minutes to get drinks.Special Features:
- Could be betterBuchananDined on 8/17/2014Nothing wrong with it, but I expected more. I found a few items on the menu odd...Special Features:
- Had been on our list of restaurantsorigindoc33Dined on 8/16/2014Your restaurant had been on our list to try in Charlotte; you did not disappoint. Our visit was a late night visit and chose to dine on the patio, on a beautiful night as the Charlotte Pride festival was coming to a close. The food was delicious and the ambience was quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning for Groups!LUhondakam96Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was at a great location but more business colleagues meeting to have lunch/dinner. I particularly went on a date and we were literally the only couple there it was mainly groups. Besides that that food was really tasty and the waitress was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love this placecbostDined on 8/10/2014Yet another great meal at Mimosa. Still remains to be my favorite place in the queen city. My parent really enjoyed thier meal and the menu offerings. And as per usual the service was exceptional. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a late reservation for dinner following an event at the Bank of America Stadium. We did have to wait 15 minutes for a table which was frustrating since we made a reservation. Our server was terrific and the food was fantastic. It's a little difficult for kids but the flatbread appetizer was well received by them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014One of my favorite places. The lobstor Mac and cheese is my favorite!Special Features:
- fabulous findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Recommended by a family member who works nearby. Went there with 5 friends while visiting Charlotte. It was very busy, yet we had great service. Was especially impressed by the menu knowledge of our server. Her descriptions of the various items was spot on. We all loved what we chose and hope to go back to Mimossa in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visiting CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Whenever we visit a city I always try to find good restaurants and Mimosa "fit the bill"! It was a Sunday so they were not crowded. Our server was professional, very engaging, and knowledgeable. My husband got the kale caesar salad, which was a little different twist on the usual, very good and the jambalaya, spicy and good! I had the salmon, cooked perfectly, and our son had the pork which he said was very good. The wine list is very reasonable and diverse. Our next visit we would surely return!Special Features:
- Decent spotAIS79Dined on 7/27/2014This place wasn't too bad. My wife returned a dish because the chicken had an after taste. And we found a hair in the biscuit. We weren't compensated at all. Not that we were looking for any compensation. But two issues in a restaurant like this one. The meal should've been comped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pick for restaurant weekRb1986Dined on 7/26/2014We ordered the pecan crusted trout perfect dish absolutely no complaints! Stuffed hush puppies a must , I ordered a strawberry salad wasn't a fan. Also got the stuffed chicken which I would've enjoyed more without the actual stuffing , the flavor was just too much fennel seed for me. The skin was perfectly crisp which compensated for it being slightly dry. And the chorizo vinergrette made the dish. Pecan pie was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Importance of good managementDd28pDined on 7/26/2014We heard about Mimosa Grill through Queens feast. It was our first time, thankfully we made reservations the night before and was seated right away. It approximately took about 5 minutes for our waitress to come and ask for drinks. Our first course was a salad, neither my girlfriend or I were impressed, the ingredients didnt taste fresh, and we barely ate even half of the first course. Our waitress noticed this and asked if everything was ok, we responded honestly. Our second course, the trout was brought over by one of the managers, he was nice enough to make sure that we were very happy and enjoyed the rest of the meal. Overall had a good experience, the staff was very understanding and accommodating. Would return againSpecial Features:
- SonyaDined on 7/26/2014Awesome, awesome, awesome! Will definitely be back and bring some friends with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neat721Dined on 7/25/2014Great Food and customer service. Had reservations and as soon as we checked in they were ready to set us. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimosa Grill ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014The atmosphere of mimosa grill was enjoyable. Our appetizers were enjoyable but the main courses were less than expected. Two people at our table ordered filet which was a 10$ up charge and both were ordered as "medium" they were delivered to us nearly "well-done". The waiter was not very apologetic yet arranged for the steaks to be re-cooked. The next steaks that came to the table were essentially "rare" and not edible. The waiter half way apologized yet made no offer to take money off of our check for the dissatisfaction. Shrimp and grits were huge disappointment as well. We waited nearly 20-30 minutes for our checks after dessert yet we were one of only 2-3 tables remaining in the entire restaurant.
- Interesting MenuFoodforFunDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed the Queens Feast! The 24 hour brazed ribs were great! Had a friend who wanted a sweet tea (on meds couldn't have alcohol) .. no SWEET TEA in Charlotte?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined for Queen's Feast-Spring '14OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014My family & I have eaten brunch (extremely delicious) at Mimosa Grill and my husband & wanted to try their dinner. The dinner was delicious. This will has definitely become one of our favorite restaurants in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy restaurantbetterlucknexttimeDined on 7/22/2014Salmon overcooked. Pecan pie hard as rock. Busy during restaurant week. Maybe picked bad night ? Server was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Food and ServiceJmoneyDined on 7/20/2014This is a top-notch restaurant which provides outstanding food and service. The Mac and Cheese and Hushpuppies are a must...this was my first time going through restaurant week and since they offer the full menu I was able to try what I wanted and my wife and I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- 4DelightedDinersDined on 7/20/2014Great dining experience and told others about it. Friends of ours went last night.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week was great as usualJimHVIPDined on 7/20/2014Dined Sunday after play during Restaurant week with Family visiting from out of town (second year for this) and the food was great! Swordfish, chicken, and trout were dishes chosen and all were exceptional!Special Features:
- great dining and great locationBrinaDined on 7/20/2014We went here during restaurant week and was very pleased with the service as well as the food.Special Features:
- Enjoyed A Great BrunchSCFoodie1908Dined on 7/20/2014I dined here for Sunday brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the vast selection and tapas. The buffet spanned from breakfast selections to lunch options. In addition, they present a tapas menu with about 7 or 8 additional items you can order from the grill. The service was excellent and the food even better!Special Features: