327 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mimosagrill.com/
- Phone: 7043430700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jon Fortes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information on catering and private dining, please contact us at 704-343-0700 or email Curtis Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information on Mimosa Grill's private dining room and other venues for your next party.
- Private Party Contact: Curtis Harvey 7043430700x
- Special Events: Mimosa Grill offers monthly wine dinners and cooking classes as well as special offers throughout the week. Contact us for details: 704-343-0700.
A word from Mimosa Grill
Located in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, Mimosa Grill offers fine, Southern cuisine in a casually sophisticated ambiance. Executive Chef Jon Fortes, has created a seasonal menu that features a "farm to plate" signature style by using only the best of locally raised and grown ingredients. The restaurant's stunning outdoor patio overlooks the Charlotte skyline and is the perfect destination for enjoying our hand-selected wine list, specialty drinks and beers on tap. For more than 12 years, Charlotte visitors and residents, alike, have come to Mimosa Grill for its impressive cuisine, fresh ingredients and gracious, heartfelt hospitality. We hope you'll join us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mimosa Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)great for outdoor dining (58)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (51)romantic (45)great for brunch (35)great for lunch (35)scenic view (35)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (17)hot spot (14)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- a good time was had by alldinnerandmoviegirlDined on 9/13/2014Have been going here since it opened about 19 years. The ambiance and food are still great. I would tell anyone to go there. It is great for any occasion. We wanted a restaurant where five friends could have a relaxing time, wonderful food and a convenient place to meet. The Mimosa Grill was all that and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet in yearsFiletMignonLoverDined on 9/9/2014The filet mignon was excellent. Best I had in many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday BrunchPartTimeDinerDined on 9/7/2014Service was excellent. Good food choices. Good atmosphere. Enjoyable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an awesome servergg2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was made just about perfect by our server. He was knowledgeable and had impeccable timing not to mention the food was out of this world Thank you for an unforgettable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely perfectCheffridayDined on 9/1/2014It was everything I thought it would be and more. Top notch food and service. They really set the bar high. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightNateDined on 8/30/2014I decided to try this place for my wife's birthday. I only wish we would have tried it sooner! The food was excellent as was the service. I recommend the short rib. My wife said her steak was one of the top she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMassDined on 8/25/2014Food and drinks were excellent! Even though my companion's steak was a bit overcooked it still had a very good taste. It's a tad bit pricey but all in all worth it. Justin served us well.Special Features:
- BirthdayGirlDined on 8/22/2014Great views overlooking downtown. The food was very good.Special Features:
- PanthersDined on 8/17/2014We did not receive one of our entrees. Took twenty minutes to get drinks.Special Features:
- Could be betterBuchananDined on 8/17/2014Nothing wrong with it, but I expected more. I found a few items on the menu odd...Special Features:
- Had been on our list of restaurantsorigindoc33Dined on 8/16/2014Your restaurant had been on our list to try in Charlotte; you did not disappoint. Our visit was a late night visit and chose to dine on the patio, on a beautiful night as the Charlotte Pride festival was coming to a close. The food was delicious and the ambience was quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning for Groups!LUhondakam96Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was at a great location but more business colleagues meeting to have lunch/dinner. I particularly went on a date and we were literally the only couple there it was mainly groups. Besides that that food was really tasty and the waitress was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love this placecbostDined on 8/10/2014Yet another great meal at Mimosa. Still remains to be my favorite place in the queen city. My parent really enjoyed thier meal and the menu offerings. And as per usual the service was exceptional. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a late reservation for dinner following an event at the Bank of America Stadium. We did have to wait 15 minutes for a table which was frustrating since we made a reservation. Our server was terrific and the food was fantastic. It's a little difficult for kids but the flatbread appetizer was well received by them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014One of my favorite places. The lobstor Mac and cheese is my favorite!Special Features:
- fabulous findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Recommended by a family member who works nearby. Went there with 5 friends while visiting Charlotte. It was very busy, yet we had great service. Was especially impressed by the menu knowledge of our server. Her descriptions of the various items was spot on. We all loved what we chose and hope to go back to Mimossa in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visiting CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Whenever we visit a city I always try to find good restaurants and Mimosa "fit the bill"! It was a Sunday so they were not crowded. Our server was professional, very engaging, and knowledgeable. My husband got the kale caesar salad, which was a little different twist on the usual, very good and the jambalaya, spicy and good! I had the salmon, cooked perfectly, and our son had the pork which he said was very good. The wine list is very reasonable and diverse. Our next visit we would surely return!Special Features:
- Decent spotAIS79Dined on 7/27/2014This place wasn't too bad. My wife returned a dish because the chicken had an after taste. And we found a hair in the biscuit. We weren't compensated at all. Not that we were looking for any compensation. But two issues in a restaurant like this one. The meal should've been comped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pick for restaurant weekRb1986Dined on 7/26/2014We ordered the pecan crusted trout perfect dish absolutely no complaints! Stuffed hush puppies a must , I ordered a strawberry salad wasn't a fan. Also got the stuffed chicken which I would've enjoyed more without the actual stuffing , the flavor was just too much fennel seed for me. The skin was perfectly crisp which compensated for it being slightly dry. And the chorizo vinergrette made the dish. Pecan pie was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Importance of good managementDd28pDined on 7/26/2014We heard about Mimosa Grill through Queens feast. It was our first time, thankfully we made reservations the night before and was seated right away. It approximately took about 5 minutes for our waitress to come and ask for drinks. Our first course was a salad, neither my girlfriend or I were impressed, the ingredients didnt taste fresh, and we barely ate even half of the first course. Our waitress noticed this and asked if everything was ok, we responded honestly. Our second course, the trout was brought over by one of the managers, he was nice enough to make sure that we were very happy and enjoyed the rest of the meal. Overall had a good experience, the staff was very understanding and accommodating. Would return againSpecial Features:
- SonyaDined on 7/26/2014Awesome, awesome, awesome! Will definitely be back and bring some friends with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neat721Dined on 7/25/2014Great Food and customer service. Had reservations and as soon as we checked in they were ready to set us. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimosa Grill ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014The atmosphere of mimosa grill was enjoyable. Our appetizers were enjoyable but the main courses were less than expected. Two people at our table ordered filet which was a 10$ up charge and both were ordered as "medium" they were delivered to us nearly "well-done". The waiter was not very apologetic yet arranged for the steaks to be re-cooked. The next steaks that came to the table were essentially "rare" and not edible. The waiter half way apologized yet made no offer to take money off of our check for the dissatisfaction. Shrimp and grits were huge disappointment as well. We waited nearly 20-30 minutes for our checks after dessert yet we were one of only 2-3 tables remaining in the entire restaurant.
- Interesting MenuFoodforFunDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed the Queens Feast! The 24 hour brazed ribs were great! Had a friend who wanted a sweet tea (on meds couldn't have alcohol) .. no SWEET TEA in Charlotte?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined for Queen's Feast-Spring '14OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014My family & I have eaten brunch (extremely delicious) at Mimosa Grill and my husband & wanted to try their dinner. The dinner was delicious. This will has definitely become one of our favorite restaurants in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy restaurantbetterlucknexttimeDined on 7/22/2014Salmon overcooked. Pecan pie hard as rock. Busy during restaurant week. Maybe picked bad night ? Server was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Food and ServiceJmoneyDined on 7/20/2014This is a top-notch restaurant which provides outstanding food and service. The Mac and Cheese and Hushpuppies are a must...this was my first time going through restaurant week and since they offer the full menu I was able to try what I wanted and my wife and I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- 4DelightedDinersDined on 7/20/2014Great dining experience and told others about it. Friends of ours went last night.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week was great as usualJimHVIPDined on 7/20/2014Dined Sunday after play during Restaurant week with Family visiting from out of town (second year for this) and the food was great! Swordfish, chicken, and trout were dishes chosen and all were exceptional!Special Features:
- great dining and great locationBrinaDined on 7/20/2014We went here during restaurant week and was very pleased with the service as well as the food.Special Features:
- Enjoyed A Great BrunchSCFoodie1908Dined on 7/20/2014I dined here for Sunday brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the vast selection and tapas. The buffet spanned from breakfast selections to lunch options. In addition, they present a tapas menu with about 7 or 8 additional items you can order from the grill. The service was excellent and the food even better!Special Features:
- Charlotte gemmarthaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything was awesome! Loved the window table for group of 5Special Features:
- Wrong Choice For My Restaurant WeekNotSoMuchDined on 7/19/2014I had the pecan crusted trout which was quiet good, my best friend's meal not appealing at all! Appetizer rib plate. Ribs terribly charred, pure fat, no meat. We choose a different restaurant each time for restaurant week and decided on Mimosa's this time since neither of us has eaten there before. Sorry to say we probably won't eat there again. Menu needed more options. We were disappointed. The meal was comp-rightfully so and much appreciated. I had previously took my girlfriend to Harper's- South Park for her birthday, wonderful ambience, larger menu selection, thumbs up on food, service!! We thought since your venue is under same umbrella we would enjoy it just as much, but unfortunately that was not the case. Server Lindsay was good.Special Features:
- VibeLeslieDined on 7/19/2014It was a Saturday night during restaurant week, but it was not busy. Yet, our server rushed through the initial descriptions so fast, noone knew what he said! Then he asked if we have any questions --- before we even had a chance to look at the menu! When our entrees were served, functional utencils (spoons) were not provided. Staff was walking around, but not making eye contact with customers to offer assistance. We had to call out to one wo was walking by. Service needs alot of tweeking. Food is creative and unique. Mussels appie a must!Special Features:
- Nice lunchBKtravelerVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a nice lunch at Mimosa Grill. It wasn't outstanding but the atmosphere was pleasant and the prices were good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Great restaurant week menu. 1st time and will be back.Special Features:
- Poor service; food had ups + downsBethRDined on 7/18/2014My party of eight had a "hit and miss" dining experience at Mimosa Grill. Salads were lovely, but a few of the entrees were really not very good. The thing that particularly disappointed me, however, was that our server never checked to see how things were tasting. I ordered the lamb and -- due to its extreme chewiness and the peaches (which accompanied it) being crunchy and flavorless -- set the dish aside, preferring to not eat it. He never once came by and asked about the uneaten dish. When he finally came back to clear, he didn't even ask why my plate had barely been touched. Drinks were good, but pricey. Desserts were a highlight.
- Mimosa Dinner out.MrsMDined on 7/18/2014Our salads were OK but not great. Our entrees similar. Food was average at best. A place with a great atmosphere and location should have wowed us for the price. For dessert, I had the blueberry crumble, it was so hot it burned me. Server didn't warn but the interior was steaming. Came in a jar. It should have been processed less time in the oven so it wasn't burning me. It tasted good once the burning problem decreased.Special Features:
- LSW77Dined on 7/18/2014This was a birthday occasion during restaurant week and one of several other visits made previously. Fortunately, during restaurant week, Mimosa does not create a separate menu for the occasion, allowing choices from the regular menu. That is a major plus for both options and the opportunity to see the restaurant perform as it normally would. The food is always well chosen and presented. This occasion proved that once again. We thoroughly enjoy the food, the service is always immpecable, and the deserts are interesting, though not always of the highest quality. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekNKSCVIPDined on 7/18/2014what a great experience to try a new to us place !! hushpuppy app is a must !!!Special Features: