1307 E Brady Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mimmas.com/
- Phone: 4142717337x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mimma Megna
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Bellini Room, which houses its own full bar, is situated directly adjacent to both the Main Bar Area and the Kitchen. There is convenient access to an additional set of restrooms as well as the coat check. This spacious private room can accommodates up to 80 seated guests
- Special Events: We love to accommodate groups for special events. Please call us directly to inquire about your event and let us know exactly what you're envisioning.
A word from Mimmas Cafe
Since 1989, Mimmas Cafe has been a Milwaukee destination for delicious Italian cuisine and an authentic Italian dining experience . Mimma's menu is a celebration of food from all regions of Italy; from Sicily to Tuscany, taking diners on a romantic journey through some of it's most flavorful culinary traditions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mimmas Cafe - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Mimmas Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)romantic (15)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A reliable old gemFabFourDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I and another couple dine together regularly and are always seeking out reliable places with great food, reasonable prices and a nice ambience. We have now been to Mimma's 3 times, and every time have walked out very satisfied. It may no longer be as trendy or chic as it once may have been (although it is in the heart of the Brady Street restaurant row), but wow, we have had three fabulous meals. As connoisseurs of Bruschetta, we love their spin on it. The house dressing was terrific. Food was hot, portions were respectable for the price. Dessert options excellent. Service was prompt and cheerful. This will continue to be on our list of favorites.Special Features:
- Marvelous Mimma'srobinlikestoeatDined on 8/24/2014Nestled for years in the Brady Street neighborhood, Mimma's never fails to delight. The wide array of tasty pasta dishes are supplemented by tempting fresh seafood and meat specials -- all prepared exquisitely with a nod to Italy. Mimma warmly greets guests at the door and for the next few hours, you are pampered with great service. Don't miss the grilled calamari appetizer and by all means, save room for dessert!Special Features:
- First visit, will go againDLobDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent, fresh and the service was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Never disappointed with a meal at Mimma's. Had a family dinner there a bit later on a Sunday evening, and the place was pretty quiet, but they were very accommodating of our group (including a squirmy 20mo old). The food was well prepared and presented, and the desserts were great. They were out of a few items, which was a bit disappointing, but not unexpected at the end of a week. Overall an enjoyable experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't forget Mimma'spatrick13Dined on 8/12/2014First off, The service was KILLER. The food was amazing and although years back it may have been the trendy place, it now gets overlooked a bit. It should not. Mimma's was outstanding all the way around.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Ng09Dined on 7/25/2014Mimas had amazing food! Great seafood pasta options at a reasonable price, and the best part was the didnt skimp on the amount of seafood given. I got a stuffed lobster and crab ravioli dish that was amazing. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Went here with a friend for his birthday for happy hour. The service was great, food and drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- PleaseandThankYouDined on 6/28/2014A quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of Brady Street on a Saturday night. Relaxing ambience. Friendly staff. However, the food was disappointing. The bread before the appetizer was difficult to break apart, let alone enjoyable after the struggle. It was too chewy in the middle and was encompassed by a seemingly stale crust. The olive oil that came for dipping that we'd hoped would redeem the bread's disappointment tasted heavily of anchovies. The bruschetta did not appease our appetite either; the spices were far too overwhelming to be enjoyable. Thankfully our main dish of bowtie pasta, chicken sausage, red pepper flakes in a creamy sauce was satisfying.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Pasta was homemade and delicious. Service was great. I'll come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placefoodie4lifeDined on 6/20/2014Great food, great location, great service! I definitely recommend Mimma's for any occasion from romantic to a dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPatHDined on 6/14/2014Fine dinning with a casual atmosphere. Owner and server staff are very nice and well knowledgeable. Owner comes out to talk with the customers. If you like home made Sicilian cuisine, you need to try this place. you will not be sorry. I cannot say enough, you just have to try it.Special Features:
- Great date night placeprzboy1Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, perfect service! We were seated promptly and our waitresses was great. Never had to wait for anything. If your looking for a place for a date night Mimmas is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Italian RestaurantZdinerDined on 6/10/2014Very good Italian food with outstanding wait staff. Really enjoyed the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheersuh60crewchiefDined on 6/8/2014Making a reservation and arriving it was as if they already knew me. They placed us by the window, made it special as they could for us. They knew my first name and remembered it despite many other guests coming though. Treated us with respect and humor and everything one could hope for. The staff had zeal to serve. The owner made it a real place, not an impersonal eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night Riverside special.TonyBennetDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful choice for a special evening. Our waiter, Billy, was very accommodating and made the experience complete. Divine food also!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceFoodieDined on 5/24/2014Perfect place for a great meal. We ordered the specials of the and they were great. Menu is varied and good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 133 reviews are from the Mimmas Cafe reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceRoscoFoodieDined on 5/24/2014This was our first time to Mimmas and we could not be happier. Great service, great food, great beer and wine selection. The menu was extensive so everyone in our group of 8 had no problem finding something they loved. Our server was extremely knowledgeable of the menu, the specials, and the wine and beer list. We will definitely be going back to Mimmas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great on BradyjrhoDined on 5/11/2014MY family had always raved about Mimmas. I took my 8 month pregnant wife there for her first mother's day. She had gnocchi and it was great. I had the special, skate wing; it was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatMexicanaddictVIPDined on 5/11/2014The whole night was just 'good', nothing great or wonderful about it. The food was good but nothing I'm excited to have again, very good flavor tho. The service was lacking and the server was very, very loud, not sure why he was screaming everything especially since it is a smaller place and everyone within 20 ft could hear him. It took 10 min to get our water and the normal menu as they only first provided us with the Mother's Day Special. All in all a decent night, not sure if I would NOT recommend it but it's not a place I'm itching to go back to.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedjpeatsDined on 5/10/2014We have been to Mimmas on several occasions and have been very please each time. The food is marvelous and the service second to none. If you like quality Italian food it is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Placekrzeee1VIPDined on 5/2/2014This was are 1st visit and it was exceptional. From the food, to the service, and being able to say hello to Mimma was a great way to leave the place. Definitely a place to come to again and again.
- Always a great spot for dinnerJohnDaxDined on 4/25/2014One of milwaukees best Italian resturants, I would highly recommend it for a nice romantic dinner (the ambiance and resturant looks beautiful), great service, and nice sized menu for a reasonable price as compared to others milwaukee Italian resturants. Oh, and the good...too notch! I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful time at MimmasHappyDinerDined on 4/4/2014Our server, Will, was enthusiastic, knowledgeable and definitely has a passion for his profession. He provided the most excellent service. Our dinners were beyond delicious! It's not easy to make a decision from the extensive menu but I'm sure whatever is chosen would be wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, a lot of foodBobbyDined on 4/3/2014Great service, a lot of food choices. To many!! Stick with 20 fantastic dishes that are FANTASTIC! Me and my wife didn't enjoy our dinner.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/26/2014I've been going here for years, but live out of town so the visits are spread out. The staff always remembers me and are warm and welcoming. I always look forward to dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful -- just wonderfulEldonVIPDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful -- just wonderful -- everything was perfect, and the food was delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doors LockedBryanS1980Dined on 3/9/2014Would have loved to have been able to dine at mimma's but when we arrived after making a reservation on opentable, the doors were locked and the restaurant was closed.
- It was our server's firstMarkMakerVIPDined on 3/8/2014It was our server's first night so that was a little troubling, but she was trying. Another server often jumped in to help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2014Parking can be a challenge, but everything about Mimmas Cafe was excellent. Thank you to the entire team at Mimmas - it was a lovely evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014Mimma's is a great location for fantastic food. Expansive menu, but I almost always order one of the 6 or so specials. Chocolate dipped cannoli never fails to end the meal right. Great for special occasions or anytime you are near Brady Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long time to eatNellyDined on 2/15/2014Mimas was a great restaurant I will definitely be returning the staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Food was outstanding the only problem I had is that the kitchen was backed up our reservation was at 8 we got seated at about 830 and we didn't get our food until almost 10pm. Other than the wait for food everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASSICJOmarVIPDined on 2/15/2014What a special evening...Mimma herself was cooking in the kitchen, so food was even better, even tasted the loving care she puts into each dish. Greeted, seated and cared for by the always charming wine aficionado Maria. A classic culinary fixture of Milwaukee. I have been dining here for 25 years and look forward to 25 more... Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Food was outstanding as usual, but, our waiter Will was overwhelmed, very understaffed.We had to wait 20 minutes For a dessert menu, need to have more staff on a busy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid on Valentine's DayNiMoDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was already in "scramble mode" by 6:30. Prior to making my reservation through OpenTable I called to confirm they would be serving the full menu, but then as we were taken to our table we were told that they were serving a fixed menu. The server was friendly and accommodating about serving the full menu, but over extended. I believe she was covering 10 tables. The host couldn't find a wine menu the entire evening even as new couples were sat down at tables around us. After giving up on getting a wine list, I ordered a cocktail that never came. Our meal was delivered moments after getting our salads. The whole experience felt rushed and as though we were cattle to be moved through the system.
- Consistently amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We have dined here dozens of times and on e again, our dinner was over the top! Mimma's is consistently great--the pasta dishes are numerous and the specials are always so unique and delishous without trying too hard. Mouth watering food. To die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimmas Cafe is one of a kind!DennisVIPDined on 2/7/2014A truly great restaurant. I cannot recommend it enough. Mimma does a great job of making a memorable menu and dishes. Will make the place fun. Go soon and go often to Mimmas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, our waitress wasTim14Dined on 1/10/2014Very nice, our waitress was excellent and vary knowledgable, the food was terrific.Special Features:
- Great place for Italian!JenleuDined on 12/28/2013We had a large group and food was delicious and served quickly! Extensive menu with interesting dishes !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to keep in mindRbusaDined on 12/7/2013With all the new restaurants in town, you sometimes overlook the established places where the quality and service remain consistent. Mimma cooks some of the best food in town. We were fortunate to discover a last minute open table on a Saturday night and had a great dining experience and lovely evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Were we in italy?heatherb2024Dined on 12/6/2013I'll call it timing. We had an amazingly vibrant waiter that knew everything about everything. Great recommendations and on his toes the entire time. The owner happened to be in, as well as members of her family. There was a lot of great conversations, plenty of great wine flowing and the night was ten fold thanks to the owners/family members and their engagement with my group and I.Special Features: