Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
800 Mayfield Rd
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miltonscuisine.com/
- Phone: 7708170161x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5pm -9pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm
Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Derek Dollar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal for special celebrations including weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, receptions or corporate events. Please inquire about our pre-fixed menus designed for your private corporate or social event.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Testerman 6784318753x
- Entertainment: Outside on deck Thursday through Sunday, April throgh October (weather permitting) and in our bar November through March.
- Special Events: For special events, please contact Heather Testerman at (678) 431-8753.
A word from Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
Milton's is a local restaurant that is a beautifully renovated 150 year old Farmhouse displaying many of it's original features, nestled in the heart of the Crabapple area of Milton, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. Executive Chef Derek Dollar serves “New Southern” cuisine that utilizes fresh, local ingredients to create regionally inspired comfort food with bold flavors that are artistically presented in a relaxed and friendly environment. Wonderful patios over looking a rolling lawn surrounded by beautiful old trees. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (126)great for outdoor dining (124)special occasion (120)fit for foodies (116)romantic (82)good for groups (67)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (35)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (15)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Best restaurant in Milton/AlpharettMiltonfanDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I absolutely love this restaurant ! The food is always exquisite , and so is the service. Very professional staff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 10/18/2014WE have been visiting Miltons on a regular basis since it opened 8 years ago. The visits have never been disappointing. The professionalism, friendliness, accommodations, and the food have been "top notch." Highly recommend a visit to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but HORRIBLE noise!GayboyzDined on 10/16/2014Unbelievably delicious food! The crab cakes and trout were perfectly prepared and presented. Our server was attentive and friendly. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and we could hardly hear each other over the noise! If you want a quiet intimate dinner for two, Milton's is not your place. The complimentary dessert to celebrate our anniversary was a nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotEdwardVIPDined on 10/15/2014Eaten here on several occasions - group and couple. The food is always excellent and service very good. I love the in house garden vegetables. Outside dining during warm weather is terrific not a lot of outside traffice. Wine selection is limited but quite good. Dinning area inside is warm and inviting - not too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Southern DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/13/2014This restaurant is the definition of Southern dining with a modern twist. The servers were great, educating us on the history of the location and the unique attributes of the restaurant like the 1 acre garden on-site that grows much of the veggies on the menu. Everything we had was delicious and we ate on the covered porch which was a great experience. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent service and wonderful food. Initially was not happy about about the early dining option as 545 was the latest opn table reservation until 9, but I have to say we were able to have a drink and take our time before ordering and eating. Never felt rushed and thoroughly enjoyed it and made an 8 pm movie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGoodfoodDined on 10/10/2014Our servers name was drew. He was the best waiter I have Ever had. Funny, responsive, great recommendations and On top of it. Food was delicious. Love the fried green tomatoes. Could have added maybe one more chardonay by the glass but overall Amazing dining experience.we found this restaurant online while traveling from out if state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The porch2good2BtrueVIPDined on 10/4/2014As always the food was wonderful. We sat on the porch and enjoyed the sunset.Special Features:
- Love this placeStefDined on 10/3/2014Try the Sesame Crusted Mountain Trout...it's one of the best fish dishes I have ever had. Great place, excellent service, live music and fantastic food! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could dine here regularly!carolVIPDined on 9/30/2014While visiting Atlanta on business we came across Milton's. What a find! Everyone in my group of 6 raved about their choices. I ordered the trout ( the waitress indicated they were known for it). It was moist and flavorful. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014This was my first time dining at Milton's. Everything was outstanding! The atmosphere, the food and drink choices, the service, and the overall experience was first rate! I wouldn't have changed a thing. This restaurant is a true find!Special Features:
- Enjoy the Deck!lratcDined on 9/30/2014Having drinks and food out on the deck, weather permitting, is wonderful and highly recommended. The menu is very limited and not moderately priced, but I would return.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding!ChableyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Our dining experience at Milton's is always excellent. The crab soup and carrot cake are my favorties and I order them every time. Thanks for a great restaurant!Special Features:
- GreatbigetrDined on 9/27/2014Great dining experience. Specialty grits were exceptional. Restaurant was crowded, yet our table was not, and service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great Food in a Friendly SettingBuckeyKarmaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our party of 8 included people who had traveled in from around the country for a weekend gathering. Milton's surpassed expectations for every palate in the group as you can't go wrong with meat, fish or whatever special is on the menu that day! Food was well prepared, nicely presented and delicious. Service was good for a large group. The staff was friendly and flexible with some of our unique demands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014The outdoor dining area is very nice and the musical entertainment very good. The food is always outstanding and service is very good.Special Features:
- Great food but . . .heatherberryDined on 9/18/20148 of us recently celebrated a friend's birthday at Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails. The food, atmosphere, and service were outstanding. The cocktails, however, were dreadful. At our prompting, our server took a sip of each drink and he was embarrassed about how awful they were. We were not charged for the drinks which was lovely. I recommend that if you want to be known for cocktails, and I'm assuming you do since it's in the name of your establishment, you hire experienced mixologists. The drinks we had that night were reminiscent of my hunch punch days in college.Special Features:
- DisappointingABCDDined on 9/18/2014Lovely venue, our server (Drew) was outstanding. Sadly, the shrimp and grits was so overwhelmed by garlic that it was barely edible. Makes me wonder if the chef tastes the food he sends out. This is my second - and last - visit to Milton's. On both, the food just wasn't anything special. Too bad - it has everything else going for it.
- Birthday BrunchChuckDined on 9/14/2014Great food and service for this special event. We have dine here several times and each time it has always been outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating two birthdays and everything was wonderful and our waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This is our first time at Milton. My wife had heard of this place from her sister. This is our new favorite restaurant!!! The food and people were wonderful. My wife loved the salmon and I had the new york steak. Both were the best we ever had! We had a little slip in the service and they bend over backward to make it right. More than I would have expected and that is why i gave them an outstanding service rating. When we arrived they even gave us a tour of the gardens in the back where they grow their own food. Great place. We will be back with friends.Special Features:
- Best shrimp and grits ever!!ShrimpluverDined on 9/12/2014First time at Milton's and it did not disappoint. Very good ambiance, nice music. We had the fried okra appetizer, delicious! For the main entree I chose the shrimp and grits and my husband chose the scallop special. Once out good came I don't think we said another word, it was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I forgot great creative dessertsWouldBGourmetVIPDined on 9/10/2014There are not enough adjectives to describe the incredible food at Milton's....very flavorful yet familiar. Ambiance was very important in selecting the right restaurant for my brother and his wife who were both celebrating birthdays. They came from South GA and I came in from Texas to meet We were not disappointed. He was intrigued by the 150+ yr. old building with the original wood floor and walls. the wonderful veggies grown in the backyard garden are incorporated into their menu..Yum. Great food,ambiance, great service all wrapped up in a very relaxed atmosphere. We all had a great time and left wanting nothing. Milton's is truly "cuisine" at its best and sets the bar for which other restaurants can only strive to reach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointingABCDDined on 9/10/2014A lovely place. Our server, Steven, was terrific. My companions fish looked and apparently was good. But -- and this is a big but -- my vegetable plate was pretty awful. Although the description on the menu sounded wonderful, nothing but the beets had any flavor. The spoon bread was burned and obviously scraped from the last remains of the pan. I expected vibrant, flavorful vegetables and was really disappointed. The food was piled on the plate as if it had been served up in a school cafeteria. I sure hope they will rethink their vegetable plate -- this place could be my favorite in Atlanta if their vegetable plate lived up to its description.
- Milton's Luvs CustomersLuvFoodnDrinkDined on 9/7/2014Great Service, Food & Drink! My kids and I went out for my birthday. After waiting over five minutes at the table, I asked a passing server if he knew who was supposed to take care of us, he said he'd check and get back to me. 30 seconds later he was back saying he's not sure what happened, but that he'd take care of us to prevent us from waiting any longer. This guy rocked!, I wish I remembered his name. He guided us through the specials like a pro, later he explained the reason for our wait- our server had got hung up at a large table- it happens, I understand, but I hate when you're just sitting there waiting for someone to acknowledge you and employees just keep passing you by. Milton's MORE than made it up!!! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!NerdolocoDined on 9/7/2014I can't say enough about my meal. Had brunch and the service was very good. The food was incredibly fresh and perfectly prepared. The old farm is beautiful as is the garden in the back where they get most of their veg and herb. Do absolutely go for brunch and order the spicy bloody Mary. The beat I ever had by far. Eggs were incredible, creme brûlée was evil, even the muffins were super tasty and fresh. Love this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014It's a great meal with a different type of ambience. The vibe is energetic and the environment is country and a bit quaint. The food is terrific, great service- worth the drive to Alpharetta!Special Features:
- Need to try againmeg2Dined on 9/3/2014We had reservations and still had to wait 30 min to be seated. We enjoyed the wine. the sweet potato soup was excellent. The main courses that were 3 different fish were over cooked. I was surprised at the lack of quality in the entrees. This was our first visit to Milton's and we were all disappointed, especially since we had been told it was quite good. We will try it again. With the feedback that we had beforehand, it must have been an off night.
- YummmmmmJTownDined on 8/31/2014One of our very favorites in all of Metro Atlanta. Charming atmosphere and decadent foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond amazingKdv462Dined on 8/30/2014Went here to celebrate family birthdays and anniversaries and the night was perfect thanks to the amazing staff! Will be back many many times!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milton's is outstanding!AnneSebDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I always have a great dinner at Milton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHarvgj19Dined on 8/24/2014We went to Milton's for our anniversary Brunch. The staff were so friendly, the restaurant has different rooms so it was quiet but still had atmosphere. The food was AMAZING! We will definately be going back to try the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AtlantaChrisDined on 8/20/2014This was our first visit and the best we have experienced this yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant (Again)TroubleDined on 8/16/2014Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails remains our favorite restaurant because the food is remarkably delicious, the wait staff is perfect and the environment is warm and hospitable. As has been our habit in recent years, my wife and I introduced two close friends to the restaurant this past weekend, and they loved it and concluded the evening by saying they want to go back. These are individuals who have dined in every fine restaurant in Atlanta and are well traveled internationally. We've had the same reaction from every person we have introduced to Milton's. There's a great selection of entrees and appetizers and cocktails, and the restaurant adds new and interesting items regularly.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceBBrowneDined on 8/16/2014Food was fresh and wonderful. Menu offered so many great options it was tough to choose. I had the Halibut special and it was probably the best fish I've ever eaten. Service was outstanding. We went for our anniversary and it was everything we wanted ad more, just a fantastic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and what to avoid.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Our table of four had the fried green tomato appetizer which had too much breading and not enough tomato. Three different entries; halibut was tremendous, pork loin was excellent. However the special, delmonico/rib-eye, which was recomended by the waiter was extremely disappointing. Presenting it covered in sauce, though good looking, made it impossible to see where and how to cut it to avoid the excessive unrendered (even for a rib eye) fat that this particular offering had. I am very very familiar with beef anatomy and what to expect from the different cuts. This rib-eye should not have been on the menu and i should be smarter than to order steak from a "contemporary new southern cuisine" restaurant. Pecan pie ice cream is tremendous.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulguinevere1VIPDined on 8/16/2014One of our favorites spots for great night out. Service and good spot on. Love the garden and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to drink and dine.BuzzdogVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went out after work with friends and sat on the deck. Great place for friends to catch up....have drinks......dine and enjoy Milton!!!!Special Features:
- A Very Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014Our first visit to Milton’s Cuisine was a very pleasant evening. The atmosphere is casual and relaxing. Our server, Jay, was a pro. The food was very good. We tried the braised pork belly. It is not the slow cooked melt-in-your mouth style – more like a baked thick bacon and very flavorful. The sesame Trout and blackened Salmon were both high quality dishes with excellent sauces. The sweet potato shrimp fritters were the most notable item of the evening. We enjoyed our experience and would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A perfect meal.WindermereDined on 8/13/2014Miltons is the perfect spot to dine and relax in the countryside. The food is carefully prepared and the atmosphere is wonderful for quiet conversations. Our party of four were celebrating a special occasion and Miltons was the place to be. From the attentive valet to the cordial waiter to the delicious meal, it was perfect. Well worth the short drive from Alpharetta.Special Features: