Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
800 Mayfield Rd
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miltonscuisine.com/
- Phone: (770) 817-0161
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5pm -9pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm
Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Derek Dollar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal for special celebrations including weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, receptions or corporate events. Please inquire about our pre-fixed menus designed for your private corporate or social event.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Testerman 6784318753x
- Entertainment: Outside on deck Thursday through Sunday, April throgh October (weather permitting) and in our bar November through March.
- Special Events: For special events, please contact Heather Testerman at (678) 431-8753.
A word from Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
Milton's is a local restaurant that is a beautifully renovated 150 year old Farmhouse displaying many of it's original features, nestled in the heart of the Crabapple area of Milton, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. Executive Chef Derek Dollar serves “New Southern” cuisine that utilizes fresh, local ingredients to create regionally inspired comfort food with bold flavors that are artistically presented in a relaxed and friendly environment. Wonderful patios over looking a rolling lawn surrounded by beautiful old trees. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (119)great for outdoor dining (108)special occasion (105)fit for foodies (100)romantic (66)good for groups (62)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (2)Show More
- Awesome-againBobcipyDined on 11/22/2014Milton's is one our favorites and it never disappoints! We took friends of ours that have never been before( it is both our anniversaries) and the seasonal specials were great and the menue favorites are always a solid choice. Service, food and bar choices are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ilikefoodDined on 11/21/2014This place is delicious! It is our go-to spot for any delicious dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experienceheadsmdDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I are fairly new to the area and had been looking forward to trying Milton's. Despite having made a reservation for a Sunday night, we arrived to discover that they did not have a table ready for us in one of the main dining rooms. We were escorted past the rest rooms and open kitchen to the porch, which was cold, deserted and completley lacking in ambiance. The best I can say is that our server was friendly and attentive. We found the food to be mediocre, everything (crab bisque, chicken, trout) overseasoned--the bisque easily exceeded the maximum allowable sodium for a week--and really nothing special. Maybe it was just a bad night; but at any rate, certainly not a good first impression.
- OutstandinggraceaboundsDined on 11/9/2014I had a late brunch reservation for my bestie's birthday scheduled with Milton's. Having never been, I was unsure what it would be like. The food was amazing. The service was impeccable (even though we were there on the late side of brunch...our servers never waivered and even offered to put in a third drink order!).Special Features:
- Just FantasticNYCoftenDined on 11/9/2014We went for Sunday Brunch but we have been there many times for Dinner and Bar. The Brunch is superb, fun, relaxing but the food was beautiful. This is on my all time favorite brunch list. Just lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't like valet parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014No options with parking other than valet. This was a Sunday morning and the parking lot was empty.Special Features:
- SuzanneVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was a disappointing meal to me. I really wanted to love this place. I live very close and was hoping it could be my go to quickly for a great meal in the future. I have only heard wonderful things about Milton's. I can't say I feel the same. I wasn't impressed with our waiter or my cold dinner. I ordered the crab cakes and lemon grits. My dinner was cold. I had to get my waiter's attention to come over. He took it but when it came back the rest of my party was done or almost done eating. No one came ( waiter or manager) to check how my meal was when it was delivered the second time or apologize. I can't say I will rush back.Special Features:
- Better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014We had not been to Milton's in a while, it was better than ever. The Fall theme cocktails were excellent as was the food from appetizers to entree's, we did not have desert. Jay our waiter was excellent, patient and helpful. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Good Place PahokeePahokeeDined on 11/4/2014Food was great and waiter allowed us time to talk. Enjoyed our evening "catching-up" with friends. Glad we could substitute veggies based on our tastes.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The staff was friendly and professional. The food and drink selections were outstanding! The whole experience was one of not being rushed, being educated and having a wonderful meal. I would highly recommend Milton's for a quiet family or couples dinner. The chef does a wonderful job bringing all the flavors together for a great dish.Special Features:
- Very charming venue.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014I randomly picked a brunch spot near the Roswell area for my Aunt's birthday and I couldn't have been more pleased with Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails. The food, service, and ambiance were all amazing! Our wonderful server, who's name I unfortunately cannot recall, even came outside with my family to take a photo of us! I will definitely be back for another round. Thank you all!Special Features:
- Best brunch in Alpharetta!GeorgiagirlDined on 11/2/2014This is the 2nd time I've been to Milton's and again it was for brunch. It does not disappoint! The servers are friendly and helpful (even if it's not your specific server), the menu plays on the safe side but still has some fun options. They serve delicious Biscuits, muffins and puff pastries while you wait (perfect for distracting a child while waiting for your brunch). A must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Fantastic food coupled with a cozy environment creates a great place to dine. Sunday brunch is out of this world, especially the fried chicken and biscuits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinermanDined on 10/28/2014Food and outdoor seating were very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- Outstanding All AroundJohnVIPDined on 10/26/2014As usual another perfect evening at Milton's. Great food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!thutchatlDined on 10/25/2014I really enjoy eating at Milton's. I have never been disappointed there. Two of us sat on the patio this time and the only drawback was the level of sound from the live musician... he was excellent, but we were probably closer than most to the speakers so it was loud. Other than that, everything else was awesome... food is never disappointing.Special Features:
- Family GroupSonnyDined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 7, and were seated at the end of a front porch area. It was private and quiet, and we were there nearly 3 hours. The food provided a good selection for a number of limited diets (gluten free, vegan, etc.) The waiter was very good, but he seemed to forget about us after a while. A good experience.Special Features:
- disappointedbirthday27Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to this restaurant numerous times. This is the only time we were disappointed in the food. It was my birthday and I ordered the salmon like I always do. I specifically asked for the salmon to be cooked all of the way through and it was barely warm in the middle. Our very friendly waitress never stopped by the table to see if our entrees were alright. I didn't want my husband to know that I wasn't happy, it would have ruined his delicious dinner and also his mood for the rest of the night. Normally I would give this restaurant five stars all around. Such a disappointment this past Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always..Milton's a mustBeachyKeenDined on 10/25/2014Always an enjoyable evening at Milton's. They never disappoint. Great food, great cocktails and great service! Love the outdoor entertainment as well. One of our favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with good friends!BethDined on 10/24/2014We had a great night out at Milton's last Friday. We were celebrating my friend's Birthday. Great food and great service. The Manager ensured we were well taken care of.Special Features:
- Always Exceptional!generalcommentsDined on 10/19/2014Have eaten here multiple times and even hosted a large party in the garden last spring. This is truly an exceptional restaurant. It is where my family will go for very special occasions. They never fail to deliver nothing but the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Milton/AlpharettMiltonfanDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I absolutely love this restaurant ! The food is always exquisite , and so is the service. Very professional staff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 10/18/2014WE have been visiting Miltons on a regular basis since it opened 8 years ago. The visits have never been disappointing. The professionalism, friendliness, accommodations, and the food have been "top notch." Highly recommend a visit to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but HORRIBLE noise!GayboyzDined on 10/16/2014Unbelievably delicious food! The crab cakes and trout were perfectly prepared and presented. Our server was attentive and friendly. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and we could hardly hear each other over the noise! If you want a quiet intimate dinner for two, Milton's is not your place. The complimentary dessert to celebrate our anniversary was a nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotEdwardVIPDined on 10/15/2014Eaten here on several occasions - group and couple. The food is always excellent and service very good. I love the in house garden vegetables. Outside dining during warm weather is terrific not a lot of outside traffice. Wine selection is limited but quite good. Dinning area inside is warm and inviting - not too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Southern DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/13/2014This restaurant is the definition of Southern dining with a modern twist. The servers were great, educating us on the history of the location and the unique attributes of the restaurant like the 1 acre garden on-site that grows much of the veggies on the menu. Everything we had was delicious and we ate on the covered porch which was a great experience. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent service and wonderful food. Initially was not happy about about the early dining option as 545 was the latest opn table reservation until 9, but I have to say we were able to have a drink and take our time before ordering and eating. Never felt rushed and thoroughly enjoyed it and made an 8 pm movie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGoodfoodDined on 10/10/2014Our servers name was drew. He was the best waiter I have Ever had. Funny, responsive, great recommendations and On top of it. Food was delicious. Love the fried green tomatoes. Could have added maybe one more chardonay by the glass but overall Amazing dining experience.we found this restaurant online while traveling from out if state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The porch2good2BtrueVIPDined on 10/4/2014As always the food was wonderful. We sat on the porch and enjoyed the sunset.Special Features:
- Love this placeStefDined on 10/3/2014Try the Sesame Crusted Mountain Trout...it's one of the best fish dishes I have ever had. Great place, excellent service, live music and fantastic food! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could dine here regularly!carolVIPDined on 9/30/2014While visiting Atlanta on business we came across Milton's. What a find! Everyone in my group of 6 raved about their choices. I ordered the trout ( the waitress indicated they were known for it). It was moist and flavorful. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014This was my first time dining at Milton's. Everything was outstanding! The atmosphere, the food and drink choices, the service, and the overall experience was first rate! I wouldn't have changed a thing. This restaurant is a true find!Special Features:
- Enjoy the Deck!lratcDined on 9/30/2014Having drinks and food out on the deck, weather permitting, is wonderful and highly recommended. The menu is very limited and not moderately priced, but I would return.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding!ChableyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Our dining experience at Milton's is always excellent. The crab soup and carrot cake are my favorties and I order them every time. Thanks for a great restaurant!Special Features:
- GreatbigetrDined on 9/27/2014Great dining experience. Specialty grits were exceptional. Restaurant was crowded, yet our table was not, and service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great Food in a Friendly SettingBuckeyKarmaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our party of 8 included people who had traveled in from around the country for a weekend gathering. Milton's surpassed expectations for every palate in the group as you can't go wrong with meat, fish or whatever special is on the menu that day! Food was well prepared, nicely presented and delicious. Service was good for a large group. The staff was friendly and flexible with some of our unique demands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014The outdoor dining area is very nice and the musical entertainment very good. The food is always outstanding and service is very good.Special Features:
- Great food but . . .heatherberryDined on 9/18/20148 of us recently celebrated a friend's birthday at Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails. The food, atmosphere, and service were outstanding. The cocktails, however, were dreadful. At our prompting, our server took a sip of each drink and he was embarrassed about how awful they were. We were not charged for the drinks which was lovely. I recommend that if you want to be known for cocktails, and I'm assuming you do since it's in the name of your establishment, you hire experienced mixologists. The drinks we had that night were reminiscent of my hunch punch days in college.Special Features:
- DisappointingABCDDined on 9/18/2014Lovely venue, our server (Drew) was outstanding. Sadly, the shrimp and grits was so overwhelmed by garlic that it was barely edible. Makes me wonder if the chef tastes the food he sends out. This is my second - and last - visit to Milton's. On both, the food just wasn't anything special. Too bad - it has everything else going for it.
- Birthday BrunchChuckDined on 9/14/2014Great food and service for this special event. We have dine here several times and each time it has always been outstanding.Special Features: