Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
800 Mayfield Rd
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miltonscuisine.com/
- Phone: 7708170161x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5pm -9pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm
Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Derek Dollar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal for special celebrations including weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, receptions or corporate events. Please inquire about our pre-fixed menus designed for your private corporate or social event.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Testerman 6784318753x
- Entertainment: Outside on deck Thursday through Sunday, April throgh October (weather permitting) and in our bar November through March.
- Special Events: For special events, please contact Heather Testerman at (678) 431-8753.
A word from Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails
Milton's is a local restaurant that is a beautifully renovated 150 year old Farmhouse displaying many of it's original features, nestled in the heart of the Crabapple area of Milton, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. Executive Chef Derek Dollar serves “New Southern” cuisine that utilizes fresh, local ingredients to create regionally inspired comfort food with bold flavors that are artistically presented in a relaxed and friendly environment. Wonderful patios over looking a rolling lawn surrounded by beautiful old trees. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)neighborhood gem (143)great for outdoor dining (134)fit for foodies (125)romantic (105)good for groups (70)great for brunch (48)notable wine list (33)scenic view (29)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (28)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (13)late-night find (7)Show More
- Best in AtlantaChrisDined on 8/20/2014This was our first visit and the best we have experienced this yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant (Again)TroubleDined on 8/16/2014Milton's Cuisine and Cocktails remains our favorite restaurant because the food is remarkably delicious, the wait staff is perfect and the environment is warm and hospitable. As has been our habit in recent years, my wife and I introduced two close friends to the restaurant this past weekend, and they loved it and concluded the evening by saying they want to go back. These are individuals who have dined in every fine restaurant in Atlanta and are well traveled internationally. We've had the same reaction from every person we have introduced to Milton's. There's a great selection of entrees and appetizers and cocktails, and the restaurant adds new and interesting items regularly.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceBBrowneDined on 8/16/2014Food was fresh and wonderful. Menu offered so many great options it was tough to choose. I had the Halibut special and it was probably the best fish I've ever eaten. Service was outstanding. We went for our anniversary and it was everything we wanted ad more, just a fantastic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and what to avoid.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Our table of four had the fried green tomato appetizer which had too much breading and not enough tomato. Three different entries; halibut was tremendous, pork loin was excellent. However the special, delmonico/rib-eye, which was recomended by the waiter was extremely disappointing. Presenting it covered in sauce, though good looking, made it impossible to see where and how to cut it to avoid the excessive unrendered (even for a rib eye) fat that this particular offering had. I am very very familiar with beef anatomy and what to expect from the different cuts. This rib-eye should not have been on the menu and i should be smarter than to order steak from a "contemporary new southern cuisine" restaurant. Pecan pie ice cream is tremendous.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulguinevere1VIPDined on 8/16/2014One of our favorites spots for great night out. Service and good spot on. Love the garden and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to drink and dine.BuzzdogDined on 8/14/2014Went out after work with friends and sat on the deck. Great place for friends to catch up....have drinks......dine and enjoy Milton!!!!Special Features:
- A Very Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014Our first visit to Milton’s Cuisine was a very pleasant evening. The atmosphere is casual and relaxing. Our server, Jay, was a pro. The food was very good. We tried the braised pork belly. It is not the slow cooked melt-in-your mouth style – more like a baked thick bacon and very flavorful. The sesame Trout and blackened Salmon were both high quality dishes with excellent sauces. The sweet potato shrimp fritters were the most notable item of the evening. We enjoyed our experience and would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A perfect meal.WindermereDined on 8/13/2014Miltons is the perfect spot to dine and relax in the countryside. The food is carefully prepared and the atmosphere is wonderful for quiet conversations. Our party of four were celebrating a special occasion and Miltons was the place to be. From the attentive valet to the cordial waiter to the delicious meal, it was perfect. Well worth the short drive from Alpharetta.Special Features:
- Saturday Night Milton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014The service was slower than average but not too bad for a Saturday night. The fresh pepper soup from the garden had bitter after taste. Thr wine was fabulous ( Caricature). The spinach that was fresh from the garden had a very bittertaste as well the steak and risotto were good. It was fairly pricey for the taste of tthe food. I would probably go back for happy hour. The ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- My birthday dinnerSandeeDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were wonderful. Everything was so fresh tasting. We chose to sit outside and the fans kept us quite comfortable. The only thing the fans couldn't control were some pesky flies that wanted to share our dinner! Overall I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food at a local favoriteCrabapplechickDined on 8/9/2014I went to Milton's for a special dinner with family members, and wasn't disappointed. The service was a bit slow, even though the restaurant was mostly empty (we waited a while for the check to be picked up), but was made up for by the amazing food. The fried pickles were awesome, and the NY Strip is a great choice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends; however, I would also recommend that they bring bug spray. The flies on the outdoor patio are unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014WE have just moved to the Milton area from Illinois and needed a break from moving, it was our twins sons 19th birthday. I researched well rated restaurants nearby and this sounded good. It is a great ambiance in 2 old historic structures. We sat outdoors which was lovely. Service was excellent, steak and pasta were excellent. Nice selection of wine, very good evening overall. Only 1 disappointment. We love our bread before and during dinner so when they brought out a basket prior to the food, the loaf look very appealing like home baked....then we found out the center was still mostly frozen. A bit disappointing but immediately rectified with an apology and fresh bread. Just a small bump in an otherwise great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food- soso servicegoofyVIPDined on 8/4/2014no excuses necessary- great food. service lacked apparently because it had been an unexpected busy Monday night!!!! Would have ordered more - no one came to see if we wanted anything. Went to bar after dinner- no bartender to be found for 8-10 mins. Crazy! Will give another chance - food so great hard to pass another great meal.Special Features:
- Great Crab CakesDocSweitzerDined on 8/3/2014These are the best Crab Cakes I have had in Atlanta, and I formally lived near the Chesapeake Bay where they make great crab cakes!Special Features:
- Service/foodgrtdining1Dined on 8/2/2014Being "out of towners", this was our first time at Milton's. We were dog sitting for our daughter who went on vacation and when she got back, she recommended Milton's to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. From the time we entered the restaurant to getting the car from the valet, the personal attention made us feel like we were regular customers. Everyone we came in contact knew our name and was very customer oriented. The food and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionGourmetettesVIPDined on 8/1/2014We met my husband's former colleague here for a special reunion dinner and were pleasantly surprised by the delicious food and wine choices. Our friend ordered a bottle of champagne that was pleasantly sipped by all. My husband and I enjoyed our Charleston She Crab soup for our appetizers. I had the sesame crusted trout for my entrée, which included 3 pieces of trout fillet. I ate one and took the other two home, along with the crab and sweet potato fritters and mashed potatoes. We'll keep this restaurant in mind whenever we are meeting friends again.Special Features:
- Great find!DanessaDined on 7/30/2014We dined at Milton's for my birthday and had a wonderful evening. We brought our 2 boys and they enjoyed it as well. We loved the collard roll, with the jam that has a little hint of spice. The lobster asparagus risotto was also a winner with my husband. The food, service, and ambiance was perfect! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Office GatheringFoodrespiteDined on 7/30/2014Our office staff gathered for a much needed dinner. We were treated professionally and promptly by a very knowledgeable waiter. The food was server promptly. Everything from appetizers, entrees, and desserts were excellent. The fried green tomatoes were excellent as well as the bisque. The daily specials of divers scallops as well as a shrimp pasta with fresh vegetables from the Milton acre were terrific. The Mountain Trout was just dreamy. The shrimp and grits were some of the best ever!. We all enjoyed the evening and ended it with a walk through the garden. We would readily return. Please consider this restaurant as a real gem with extraordinary fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word..... AMAZINGlksjonesDined on 7/30/2014I initially was referred to Milton's by my manager while visiting Alpharetta for work. I was blown away with the amazing food and service. I went back to Alpharetta this past week for another business meeting and brought co-workers there twice because of the great experience. Everyone absolutely loved it. They have an eclectic menu that has something for everyone. You absolutely MUST try the Shrimp Fritters! I've had the Pork Loin Roast, Airline Chicken and Shrimp and Grits and to be honest, I'm not sure that I have a favorite - they were each so unique and delicious it's hard to choose a favorite! I can't wait for my next Alpharetta trip just so I can eat at Milton's! Oh - and PLEASE don't forget the carrot cake! The best ever!Special Features:
- anniversaryperfectionDined on 7/29/2014Excellent food with great presentation. Ambience driven by special request for quiet table as we were celebrating a wedding anniversary. Table and room were perfect as requested. Waitress was extremely knowledgeable, explained everything, and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...philDined on 7/27/2014We drove an hour to reach Milton's and perhaps we should have not had such high expectations. I had made reservations (through Open Table) and mentioned that we had a specific reason for going to Milton's for brunch. The reservation was received, but never read. The manager was apologetic, but it was too late to go elsewhere. The service was no better than my local diner. I had to ask for silverware and had to wait with the food sitting on the table. There was never an offer made to refill coffee until I asked twice. The sweet potato and shrimp fritters were excellent, everything else was okay. I cannot recommend Milton's and will not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!SmrtannieDined on 7/26/2014I love this restaurant! The service from the bartenders to the servers to the management were VERY attentive and bent over backwards to make us feel special and important! The food presentation was great. The portions generous and creative good food. It is my new favorite spot and having come here a second time it exceeded all expectations again. we will be backSpecial Features:
- Best outdoor dining in metro ATLKellieDined on 7/26/2014We sat on the deck overlooking an acre of land with a lovely guitar playing playing easy listening songs from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Despite the heat of the day, the deck had a nice "breeze" thanks to the fans. While I am not blown away by the creativity of the menu, everything we ordered was superb! I highly recommend the pork and the crab dip. The staff was so friendly and attentive--among the best I've experienced outside of $$$$ NYC restaurants. Overall, a great night!Special Features:
- FABULOUS2good2BtrueVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful anniversary celebration. Staff treated us as if we were the only couple in the restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014We have dined at Milton's on several occasions and it seems to be better each time we go. Everything is outstanding. Wonderful place to take out of town guests or for a special occasion .Special Features:
- Great food!!!WshatDined on 7/25/2014I see why this place continually receives great reviews... What a great restaurant! This was our first time there but it won't be our last!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitorVIPDined on 7/23/2014Milton's is great. We have eaten here multiple times. It never fails. The food was so fresh and delicious. The shrimp and grits were wonderful. I can wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a fabulous dinner.Momof3RoswellDined on 7/21/2014There were 14 moms attending a going away dinner for our precious friend. The service was amazing, even with such a large group. The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- FredaDined on 7/20/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday. There were 8 of us and it was a great time. Highly recommend Milton's for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing food - vacation like feelTheBelbutsDined on 7/19/2014Set in a historic farm house, Milton's provided us with a romantic date night with delicious food! Living barely OTP on the north side, we felt as though we were going to be traveling for ages to get there for dinner, but after only a 25 minute drive up north, we realized that this would be a trip we'd happily repeat! Many of the veggies are grown right in their own garden, and I hope that we can join them again for one of their special garden dinners in the future. We agreed that this would be a great place to bring our retired parents since the food is uniquely delicious without being overly trendy, and that while the mood was very lively and energetic, the noise level was very contained due to the small room nature of the farm house.Special Features:
- dinner groupdinnergpDined on 7/19/2014we waited 45 minutes For our reservation in a crowded noisy bar.the service was slow and when we ordered our second bottle of wine it took them 20 minutes to come back and tell us they didn't have any more of that.all that said, they comped dessert and everything we had was amazing ! the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G & RWXYZVIPDined on 7/19/2014ONE TO EMULATE, PERIOD! A CONSISTENT WINNER FROM THE VALET SERVICE TO THE CLOSING.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ServiceRWPFoodieDined on 7/19/2014This was my second trip to Miltons. And I cannot recommend it too strongly. We took the waiter's recommendations on appetizers and wine and as well as a couple of the entrees and they were all spot on! I will definitely go back. The dessert menu is the only thing that kept it at 4 stars instead of 5. They recommended the carrot cake as the specialty. It was just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightDianneVIPDined on 7/17/2014We sat outside with two other couples. The night was beautiful and the food to match. We started with the wedge salad with lime cilantro dressing delicious. My husband had the salomon rate and it came out. Perfectly. I had the trout It was great. The other couple had he steak and salomon salad which they enjoyed. We all shared the carrot cake. Yummy. We love coming hereSpecial Features:
- Milton at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Great evening with my best. Great service and food. Nate and everyone did a wonderful job of making us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Great First VisitAlphaJackDined on 7/14/2014Lived in Alpharetta 4+ years, heard of Milton's, never had gone. Went this week and it was outstanding from beginning to end. We expected it to be pretty good, based on friends' recommendations, but it far exceeded "pretty good." Great fried chicken and scallops, carrot cake is amazing, and we were able to order a bottle of wine that is hard to find. Overall, very very good experience. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent experience123foodieDined on 7/13/2014We love Miltons. It's a great place to eat a nice dinner for a special occasion, or just a night out with friends. Food is incredible, service is excellent. Atmosphere is perfect. Dining outside is as nice as inside. Have never had a bad experience here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014Food was great! From start to finish. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time diningcleoDined on 7/12/2014Milton's is a neighborhood gem. The food was good but not great. Service and view make up for the food. I had scallops over risotto. The scallops tasted perfectly done although I did miss the sear on each side. They were white on grey dry risotto with a pink/red drissle all over. We would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentGenieEatsDined on 7/12/2014It was difficult to choose because everything was enticing! The margarita with jalapeño is not to be missed. A favorite!Special Features: