14833 York Road
Sparks, MD 21152Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.miltoninn.com/
- Phone: 410 771 4366x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday -: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 7:30pm
Sunday Brunch 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Boston
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They offer customized menus, serving 30-1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Circa 1740 stone mansion available, customized menus for 10-150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Boston 4107714366x
- Special Events: The Milton Inn offers catering services on and off premise from intimate parties of 10 to grand tented events up to 300 guests. We will make your birthday,anniversary,corporate event, wedding or any other milestone perfect. Whether you choose one of our beautifully appointed dining rooms,a tented event on our manicured grounds, or venue of your choice;The Milton Inn will provide you with the excellent food,service,ambiance and attention to detail you expect from a Brian Boston property.
A word from Milton Inn
The Milton Inn, a 274 year old field-stone building in Northern Baltimore County,is counted among Maryland's historic treasures. It is believed that construction of the Inn began in 1740 and it has grown and changed over the years to become one of the premier country dining spots in the United States. The tradition of excellence has continued to grow under the current ownership Milton Fare Inc, who purchased the business in 1997. Executive Chef/Owner Brian Boston was named Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Maryland in 2011.Chef Boston has also received many other awards including The Five Star Diamond Award by The Academy of Hospitality Sciences , The DiRoNA Award,and top ratings from Zagat. The Milton was named The Best restaurant in the Counties by The Baltimore Sun . Over the years , the Inn has engendered a legacy of romance and numerous couples have become engaged in its candlelit dining rooms and open air garden terrace. Many return year after year to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Milton Inn - Best Restaurants in Sparks ›
Milton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (133)romantic (112)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (57)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (17)scenic view (14)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Very special restaurantStanVIPDined on 10/17/2014From the moment we stepped into Milton Inn we knew we had arrived -what a special place .The food ,service,atmosphere were amazing.We will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MilnerDined on 10/17/2014Four of us dined on a Friday night. We never felt rushed though the waitstaff was very attentive. The food was 5 star with generous portions, so much so that all of us declined desert. We were brought a desert sampler for the table anyway. Outstanding, outstanding, outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014The food is good but very rich. They would go well to have more cleaner less fatty choices.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at the Milton Inn2satisfiedDined on 10/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and chose the Milton Inn to have dinner. Everything about our dining experience at the Milton Inn was outstanding! The food was very flavorful, plentiful and cooked to perfection. We had the appetizer sampler for two and our entrées were the roasted duck and the Bermuda triangle. For dessert we had the chocolate peanut butter mousse cake and the carrot cake, oh so delicious. The service was great and our server was very attentive. The decor is beautiful. It's such a romantic environment with dim lighting. The Milton Inn is an expensive place to dine but it is worth every dollar. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially those celebrating a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerItalyDined on 10/13/2014The building was built in 1740 and has been well maintained. There are a number of dinning rooms well decorated providing pleasurable ambiance and comfortable dinning. My friends enjoyed the wine they ordered. My wife and I choose a dinner of steak, veal, and lobster from the specials that evening which we both thought were very good. My friends had lobster that was good. MY friend was not happy with the asparagus which he felt was cold and under cooked. The waiter said that he would return it to the kitchen and take the item off the check which he forgot to do. My friend brought the error to his attention and it was immediately fixed. The service was good. I would recommend the Milton Inn for a nice dinning experience.Special Features:
- AnniversarycsmalsDined on 10/12/2014We had a great time celebrating our wedding anniversary. The food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, but not great.myhoneyDined on 10/11/2014The food was good, but it wasn't spectacular. The entire experience was enjoyable, but it did not seem to be worth the price. The service was great, but the food quality and ambiance did not seem to warrant the higher cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Our entire evening was lovely. A special birthday was celebrate in good taste.Special Features:
- Even the water was deliciousShirleyDined on 10/7/2014. Delicious. We had Oysters Rockefeller for appetizer. I had the triangle – lobster tail, filet, veal with mashed potatoes and veggies. He had filet topped with crab cake. Crab cake was little salty. We had the same veggies. We loved the dinner rolls and butter. We also loved the sauce on the Oyster Rockefeller and beef. Both these items were special off menu. We especially liked our waiter, Mark. He was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantbaltimoregirl2008Dined on 10/1/2014It is one of the best restaurant in the Baltimore area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Milton inn is fantastic...but..verntervDined on 9/23/2014The food was unbelievable. Service impeccable, the place is just beautiful. The music in the background...unbearable. I don't know that I'll ever ride a merry go round again. I think if they toned down or changed the style of music they pipe in, the experience would be even better.Special Features:
- Milton Inn Excels, again!VerneneVIPDined on 9/22/2014Twelve of us held a meeting and dined on the lobster special, all feeling like we were royalty! Much to my surprise, we were given a romantic room, for just US! We were all charmed by the privacy, beautiful majestic room décor, service and food. Superb simply summarizes this memorable experience. It was a lot more than dining out! Thanks to the staff and chef of Milton Inn. We must keep this historic building and the marvelous restaurant alive for future generations to also enjoy and appreciate. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Great foodjimmDined on 9/21/2014We've been going to the Milton Inn for decades, and it never disappoints. Steak tartar and venison with Brussel sprouts especially tasty. Server was a bit less than impressive this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Always a favorite special occasion dinner spot. This last time we felt dinner was a bit rushed. We prefer to spend some time enjoying a nice bottle of wine. We were pushed straight from app. to salad course to main course one right after the other. Hopefully it was just a one time occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Boston & aide de camp, GarthFreshFoodFirstANDForemostDined on 9/13/2014presented us with a marvelous experience in dining & hospitality! As lovers of fine food & wine (as well local history & how ingredients connect the whole meal) Chef Brian's team presented a unique evening for us throughout! Garth, our waiter (& Chef's staff member for over 17 years) made us feel relaxed, informed & in charge of our dining experience from the moment he greeted us until we departed 3+ hrs later. Well versed in the menu (only a week or so old for the change of season), wine list & use of local "provider to table" ingredients & I n sync with Chef Boston's kitchen- totally PRO! Then there's The Chef himself! Meticulous Gracious & Gregarious, he passionately chatted with us even at the end of his long day! Go there NOW & ENJOY!Special Features:
- Consistency at its best!CarterDined on 9/12/2014We are not what one would call a regular, but we probably hit up the spot a half dozen times a year. The ambiance, the food, the service, the special chef's "treat" each visit...all of it keeps us coming back. This time it was just the two of us, but we have taken our kids there before and as long as your children know HOW to behave in a nice restaurant, they will be just fine. Garth was our server this time around and did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetroWearyWorldTravelerDined on 9/11/2014A beautiful setting for a romantic occasion as long as you don't mind 70/80's era food. My wife and I enjoyed a meal mid-week surrounded by several couples celebrating special occasions and a group of defense contractors. The server had the whole room and was a bit overwhelmed, otherwise service was fine. The food, alas, to those who currently dine out more than once a year on Groupon and are under sixty, falls very flat. Salad was a solid B, nothing noteworthy or particularly imaginative. My seafood sampler was of decent quality although the shrimp lacked flavor and tasted of being frozen and thawed. My catfish was terrible-drenched in a brown gloppy sauce and overwhelmed by massive quantities of salt. The veg entree was a B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milton InnAnneDined on 9/8/2014Had not been for many, many years. We decided to go for our 30th anniversary and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Our favorite!! Excellent food, service and immensely charming!Special Features:
- Special anniversary dinnerMeggaphoneDined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a "special" dinner, and this was it. The food was definitely upscale, and all of it tasted delicious. The historic details of the building really set the restaurant apart from all the rest. The service was perfect: attentive and knowledgeable, but without pestering and asking how everything is, every five minutes. The only bummer is that they seated a table of eight or ten right behind us, so that we had to raise our voices to have a conversation. Probably would be better to put a group of that size in a more private room, so that smaller tables/ couples can enjoy the romantic atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!MmgoodDined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to the Milton Inn, and definitely won't be our last. The service was fabulous, and the food was absolutely delicious! I had the chicken breast, and my wife had the phyllo. Both dishes were outstanding. Dessert was the keylime pie, the crust was amazing! A pricey meal, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointingOliverDined on 8/24/2014Expensive, but if you don'[t mind that, it would be hard to do better. Lovely old stone structure in lovely setting.. Some rooms windowless and dark. Food and service incomparable. Restaurant Week is no real bargain, but I have found other places the same.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner at the Milton InnTowsonDinerDined on 8/23/2014We had a really lovely time at this restaurant. Our celebration of several family events happened to coincide with restaurant week. The food was delicious and the portions very large for restaurant week. The server went out of his way to make our night special. We had a memorable dinner and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner54goodyearsDined on 8/21/2014We went to the Milton Inn to celebrate our 54th Wedding Anniversary. We were looking for some place special and recalled that we had been there for a special occasion many years ago. It surpassed our expectations. And an added bonus was that it was Baltimore County Restaurant Week. Even at regular prices, I would recommend it as a special occasion place to dine.Special Features:
- Independent CoupleIndependentCoupleDined on 8/21/2014We were immediately seated at a table in the rather dark, back room, very colonial feeling room. While I would have preferred the brighter front room, we did not ask to change. Our service was attentive, but not bothersome. It was Restaurant Week, and we ordered from the RW special Prix Fixe Menu, as it contained most of the main menu choices, and most were slightly smaller than the al la carte versions. Just right for us. The menu was varied, though light on fresh seafood, but should have choices for anyone. The tenderloin was as good as I have ever had; melt in your mouth tender. The mashed potatoes, a tad salty for my taste, but I ate all of them with no trouble. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- The Milton InnDinnerDined on 8/21/2014Milton has been a treasure for several decades through a couple of owners and has always produced a great productSpecial Features:
- Special restaurantrolverVIPDined on 8/20/2014We've always had a delicious meal at the Milton and this last visit was no exception. The historic setting and attention to detail from the staff is exceptional as well. We are fortunate to have this fine restaurant just around the corner from us.Special Features:
- Surfer2Surfer2Dined on 8/20/2014We had a great dinner. It was restaurant week, so we got to enjoy a reduced 3 course meal. It was still an expensive night when you add in wine and coffee. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. I had a lobster tail that was delicious! The Jack Tarr potatoes were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Service is not up to the standards of the food. It brings the overall experience down as the food and the ambience are exceptional. And this is not the first time we have experienced service not up to the cuisine or setting of the Milton Inn, so I think it's time they addressed the issue. Service is slow, somewhat indifferent and definitely not attentive or welcoming.Special Features:
- grandma4glueDined on 8/16/2014Prior to Saturday night's visit, my husband and I were last here for my 50th birthday-18 years ago!. He had surprised me with an entire late afternoon and evening of events, and dinner here was so romantic (I am sure the several stops along the way to various bars, and champagne in the limo added to the excitement, and made turning 50 fun!). He also presented me with a lovely new ring. Living in Crofton, we often thought about Milton Inn and wondered if it was as great as we remembered. I decided to surprise him (we do mystery dates/trips for each other) and try it. Garth took super care of us, and we will NOT stay away this long again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnerHappyDDined on 8/15/2014We have been to the Milton Inn for many years. Over the years it has been very good, excellent, really bad - all over the place in quality and service. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Our server appeared quite quickly and took our drink order, allowed us time to relax before taking our dinner order. Our dinner arrived in good time and was excellent. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingNoCoNeighborDined on 8/15/2014We ordered from RW menu. The beet salad came with just two quarters of roasted beet and two teeny sections of orange and grapefruit (the “citrus supreme”). The roasted macadamia nuts were burnt; the advertised watermelon radish was not to be found. Tenderloin was cooked to order, but came with the tasteless leek compote unappetizingly glopped on top of the steak. In the veal scaloppine the melted Swiss cheese and proscuitto mess dominated the dish, overpowering the veal. The key lime pie and chocolate truffle torte were silkly and flavorful. Admittedly, RW can play havoc in a busy kitchen. But given the accolades that Chef Brian Boston has received, I was surprised to be so disappointed in our meal. We probably won’t return for dinner.
- special placeSparksmomDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our anniversary last weekend. Service was great, the food was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timelessjadams1016Dined on 8/15/2014What a great place. The service is impeccable. The food is even better. Quiet. Romantic. Attentive. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Delicious Value for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I totally enjoyed our Lunch at the Milton Inn. We did not feel, because it was restaurant week the portion size was smaller at all. All courses were listed on the regular menu as well. From the ostrich carpaccio appetizer, to the desert, the meal was delicious; our server was very attentive, but not overwhelming. We will return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysJimmDined on 8/14/2014have dined at the Milton Inn on many occasions, food, service & decor are always top notch, this is a real gem of an establishment. you can't find places like this anymore. we drive from central New Jersey just to enjoy the Milton Inn.Special Features:
- great lunchrestaurantweekbargainDined on 8/13/2014As usual, everything was delicious. This was the first time I tried a pork chop, and it exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!emhappyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Party of 4 celebrating 2 anniversaries. Server was very informative, friendly, professional, and came back often to see if we needed anything. Got very noisy when party of 7 men arrived but didn't ruin our good time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togetherApperetifDined on 8/9/2014Lovely meal with agreeable wait staff. Delicious restaurant week selections. Best clams casino we have had in quite some time. Tenderloin Filet cooked exactly to specification.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLrfootball72Dined on 8/8/2014Absolutely incredible food and service. Calamari had a slight spice to it that made quite unique and very tasty. Filet of Chesapeake was unbelievable. Creme Brûlée was something I will never forget. Service was friendly, attentive, and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.