14833 York Road
Sparks, MD 21152Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.miltoninn.com/
- Phone: 410 771 4366x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday -: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 7:30pm
Sunday Brunch 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Boston
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They offer customized menus, serving 30-1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Circa 1740 stone mansion available, customized menus for 10-150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Boston 4107714366x
- Special Events: The Milton Inn offers catering services on and off premise from intimate parties of 10 to grand tented events up to 300 guests. We will make your birthday,anniversary,corporate event, wedding or any other milestone perfect. Whether you choose one of our beautifully appointed dining rooms,a tented event on our manicured grounds, or venue of your choice;The Milton Inn will provide you with the excellent food,service,ambiance and attention to detail you expect from a Brian Boston property.
A word from Milton Inn
The Milton Inn, a 274 year old field-stone building in Northern Baltimore County,is counted among Maryland's historic treasures. It is believed that construction of the Inn began in 1740 and it has grown and changed over the years to become one of the premier country dining spots in the United States. The tradition of excellence has continued to grow under the current ownership Milton Fare Inc, who purchased the business in 1997. Executive Chef/Owner Brian Boston was named Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Maryland in 2011.Chef Boston has also received many other awards including The Five Star Diamond Award by The Academy of Hospitality Sciences , The DiRoNA Award,and top ratings from Zagat. The Milton was named The Best restaurant in the Counties by The Baltimore Sun . Over the years , the Inn has engendered a legacy of romance and numerous couples have become engaged in its candlelit dining rooms and open air garden terrace. Many return year after year to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Milton Inn - Best Restaurants in Sparks ›
Milton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)romantic (140)fit for foodies (86)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (32)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (19)scenic view (17)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Always a favorite special occasion dinner spot. This last time we felt dinner was a bit rushed. We prefer to spend some time enjoying a nice bottle of wine. We were pushed straight from app. to salad course to main course one right after the other. Hopefully it was just a one time occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Boston & aide de camp, GarthFreshFoodFirstANDForemostDined on 9/13/2014presented us with a marvelous experience in dining & hospitality! As lovers of fine food & wine (as well local history & how ingredients connect the whole meal) Chef Brian's team presented a unique evening for us throughout! Garth, our waiter (& Chef's staff member for over 17 years) made us feel relaxed, informed & in charge of our dining experience from the moment he greeted us until we departed 3+ hrs later. Well versed in the menu (only a week or so old for the change of season), wine list & use of local "provider to table" ingredients & I n sync with Chef Boston's kitchen- totally PRO! Then there's The Chef himself! Meticulous Gracious & Gregarious, he passionately chatted with us even at the end of his long day! Go there NOW & ENJOY!Special Features:
- Consistency at its best!CarterDined on 9/12/2014We are not what one would call a regular, but we probably hit up the spot a half dozen times a year. The ambiance, the food, the service, the special chef's "treat" each visit...all of it keeps us coming back. This time it was just the two of us, but we have taken our kids there before and as long as your children know HOW to behave in a nice restaurant, they will be just fine. Garth was our server this time around and did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetroWearyWorldTravelerDined on 9/11/2014A beautiful setting for a romantic occasion as long as you don't mind 70/80's era food. My wife and I enjoyed a meal mid-week surrounded by several couples celebrating special occasions and a group of defense contractors. The server had the whole room and was a bit overwhelmed, otherwise service was fine. The food, alas, to those who currently dine out more than once a year on Groupon and are under sixty, falls very flat. Salad was a solid B, nothing noteworthy or particularly imaginative. My seafood sampler was of decent quality although the shrimp lacked flavor and tasted of being frozen and thawed. My catfish was terrible-drenched in a brown gloppy sauce and overwhelmed by massive quantities of salt. The veg entree was a B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milton InnAnneDined on 9/8/2014Had not been for many, many years. We decided to go for our 30th anniversary and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Our favorite!! Excellent food, service and immensely charming!Special Features:
- Special anniversary dinnerMeggaphoneDined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a "special" dinner, and this was it. The food was definitely upscale, and all of it tasted delicious. The historic details of the building really set the restaurant apart from all the rest. The service was perfect: attentive and knowledgeable, but without pestering and asking how everything is, every five minutes. The only bummer is that they seated a table of eight or ten right behind us, so that we had to raise our voices to have a conversation. Probably would be better to put a group of that size in a more private room, so that smaller tables/ couples can enjoy the romantic atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!MmgoodDined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to the Milton Inn, and definitely won't be our last. The service was fabulous, and the food was absolutely delicious! I had the chicken breast, and my wife had the phyllo. Both dishes were outstanding. Dessert was the keylime pie, the crust was amazing! A pricey meal, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointingOliverDined on 8/24/2014Expensive, but if you don'[t mind that, it would be hard to do better. Lovely old stone structure in lovely setting.. Some rooms windowless and dark. Food and service incomparable. Restaurant Week is no real bargain, but I have found other places the same.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner at the Milton InnTowsonDinerDined on 8/23/2014We had a really lovely time at this restaurant. Our celebration of several family events happened to coincide with restaurant week. The food was delicious and the portions very large for restaurant week. The server went out of his way to make our night special. We had a memorable dinner and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner54goodyearsDined on 8/21/2014We went to the Milton Inn to celebrate our 54th Wedding Anniversary. We were looking for some place special and recalled that we had been there for a special occasion many years ago. It surpassed our expectations. And an added bonus was that it was Baltimore County Restaurant Week. Even at regular prices, I would recommend it as a special occasion place to dine.Special Features:
- Independent CoupleIndependentCoupleDined on 8/21/2014We were immediately seated at a table in the rather dark, back room, very colonial feeling room. While I would have preferred the brighter front room, we did not ask to change. Our service was attentive, but not bothersome. It was Restaurant Week, and we ordered from the RW special Prix Fixe Menu, as it contained most of the main menu choices, and most were slightly smaller than the al la carte versions. Just right for us. The menu was varied, though light on fresh seafood, but should have choices for anyone. The tenderloin was as good as I have ever had; melt in your mouth tender. The mashed potatoes, a tad salty for my taste, but I ate all of them with no trouble. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- The Milton InnDinnerDined on 8/21/2014Milton has been a treasure for several decades through a couple of owners and has always produced a great productSpecial Features:
- Special restaurantrolverVIPDined on 8/20/2014We've always had a delicious meal at the Milton and this last visit was no exception. The historic setting and attention to detail from the staff is exceptional as well. We are fortunate to have this fine restaurant just around the corner from us.Special Features:
- Surfer2Surfer2Dined on 8/20/2014We had a great dinner. It was restaurant week, so we got to enjoy a reduced 3 course meal. It was still an expensive night when you add in wine and coffee. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. I had a lobster tail that was delicious! The Jack Tarr potatoes were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Service is not up to the standards of the food. It brings the overall experience down as the food and the ambience are exceptional. And this is not the first time we have experienced service not up to the cuisine or setting of the Milton Inn, so I think it's time they addressed the issue. Service is slow, somewhat indifferent and definitely not attentive or welcoming.Special Features:
- grandma4glueDined on 8/16/2014Prior to Saturday night's visit, my husband and I were last here for my 50th birthday-18 years ago!. He had surprised me with an entire late afternoon and evening of events, and dinner here was so romantic (I am sure the several stops along the way to various bars, and champagne in the limo added to the excitement, and made turning 50 fun!). He also presented me with a lovely new ring. Living in Crofton, we often thought about Milton Inn and wondered if it was as great as we remembered. I decided to surprise him (we do mystery dates/trips for each other) and try it. Garth took super care of us, and we will NOT stay away this long again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnerHappyDDined on 8/15/2014We have been to the Milton Inn for many years. Over the years it has been very good, excellent, really bad - all over the place in quality and service. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Our server appeared quite quickly and took our drink order, allowed us time to relax before taking our dinner order. Our dinner arrived in good time and was excellent. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingNoCoNeighborDined on 8/15/2014We ordered from RW menu. The beet salad came with just two quarters of roasted beet and two teeny sections of orange and grapefruit (the “citrus supreme”). The roasted macadamia nuts were burnt; the advertised watermelon radish was not to be found. Tenderloin was cooked to order, but came with the tasteless leek compote unappetizingly glopped on top of the steak. In the veal scaloppine the melted Swiss cheese and proscuitto mess dominated the dish, overpowering the veal. The key lime pie and chocolate truffle torte were silkly and flavorful. Admittedly, RW can play havoc in a busy kitchen. But given the accolades that Chef Brian Boston has received, I was surprised to be so disappointed in our meal. We probably won’t return for dinner.
- special placeSparksmomDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our anniversary last weekend. Service was great, the food was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timelessjadams1016Dined on 8/15/2014What a great place. The service is impeccable. The food is even better. Quiet. Romantic. Attentive. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Delicious Value for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I totally enjoyed our Lunch at the Milton Inn. We did not feel, because it was restaurant week the portion size was smaller at all. All courses were listed on the regular menu as well. From the ostrich carpaccio appetizer, to the desert, the meal was delicious; our server was very attentive, but not overwhelming. We will return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysJimmDined on 8/14/2014have dined at the Milton Inn on many occasions, food, service & decor are always top notch, this is a real gem of an establishment. you can't find places like this anymore. we drive from central New Jersey just to enjoy the Milton Inn.Special Features:
- great lunchrestaurantweekbargainDined on 8/13/2014As usual, everything was delicious. This was the first time I tried a pork chop, and it exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!emhappyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Party of 4 celebrating 2 anniversaries. Server was very informative, friendly, professional, and came back often to see if we needed anything. Got very noisy when party of 7 men arrived but didn't ruin our good time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togetherApperetifDined on 8/9/2014Lovely meal with agreeable wait staff. Delicious restaurant week selections. Best clams casino we have had in quite some time. Tenderloin Filet cooked exactly to specification.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLrfootball72Dined on 8/8/2014Absolutely incredible food and service. Calamari had a slight spice to it that made quite unique and very tasty. Filet of Chesapeake was unbelievable. Creme Brûlée was something I will never forget. Service was friendly, attentive, and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!!N4ECAIDined on 8/8/2014Service was perfect, drinks were perfect! Appetizers were delicious and dinner was superlative! We don't go on special occasions because aby time we go there, the staff and food make it special for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAniversaryDined on 8/4/2014Menu was terrific! Each entre was prepared and presented perfectly. Filet and Lobster dinner with drinks for my wife and I ended up at about $180. Worth EVERY PENNYSpecial Features:
- Very SatisfiedE1742Dined on 8/2/2014This is a restaurant that will give you a experience that you will talk about for weeks to come. If you have been to the Milton Inn, you will return. For me the Milton Inn exceeds my expectations in every area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food, but somethings alittle to elaborate. Need to add some less expendive items to the menu. How about a nice burger and simple salad. Not a place I could go to every week. Would save for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milton Inntablefor4Dined on 7/31/2014This was great. The food was hot and tasty. The staff were attentive to the details of a celebration. Great ambiance. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Everyday Special OccasionCAMCTDined on 7/28/2014Imaginative menu. Food is always presented well and is very tasty. The staff is attentive and friendly. The Inn has a warm charm that can turn any meal into a special occasion. A little pricey, however. A glass of wine should not cost the same as a retail bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Svc & AtmosphereFoodScoutDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went to the Milton Inn for the first time - it is a wonderful dining experience. It is not a an inexpensive evening out, but the food was outstanding, the wine list lengthy, the service excellent. And I love the atmosphere. An old inn, then school, then restaurant, private home and now back to a restaurant - from the 1700s to present. Just gives it a unique atmosphere. The service was impeccable - attentive but not overbearing nor intrusive. We enjoyed our entire meal at a leisurely pace. It is a great restaurant for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Meg209Dined on 7/25/2014Everything from the appetizer (we got the cheese plate) to the dessert (we got the paradise lost torte and cheesecake) was AMAZING! If you go, get the "Father Smelt of Elderberries" cocktail. Not only is the name amusing but it tastes unbelievably good.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great food with large portions that were nicely packaged for take home. Beautiful rooms. Should be very romantic in the evening. Over $100 for lunch is definitely a bit high but it was ever so delicious. Certainly would go back but it would have to be for a special occasion because of the price. Service was outstanding. Our visit lived up to the Inn's reputation of fine dining with quality food and service. Thank you Milton Inn for a very nice and relaxing lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Colonial AtmosphereGordySmDined on 7/24/2014We had an outstanding experience at the Milton Inn. The food was fabulous and the service excellent. We shared foie gras and ostrich appetizers, beet salad and each decided on the roast duck breast over risotto. Each course was better than the one before it. Great and reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- OutstandingGibsongirl19Dined on 7/23/2014The Milton Inn is a hidden gem for special occasions. The food was phenominal and the service was perfect. We truly enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:
- Special OccassionAnnie722Dined on 7/22/2014My boyfriend planned my 60th birthday dinner at the Milton Inn, I had been wanting to go there for some time. My parents and family met there (8), looking really forward to seeing and dining at this really old/quaint restaurant. Well, my 80 year old Mother tripped twice because it was so dark. Thank goodness she didn't fall. We were seated at the back of the house, all the shutters were closed. I opened all the shutters so we could see. It took over an hour for our waiter to take our food order. So we ordered appetizers and our meal at the time. I ordered the crab cake dinner which came with stale chips, 2 bites of cold slaw and a pickle. I asked for crackers and they were also stale. Over all the food was good but not what you expect...
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerBarryVIPDined on 7/19/2014We went to the Milton Inn for our anniversary. Everything was fantastic. The service was great and the food was exceptional. My wife had the rack of lamb special and I have the mixed grill. These were amazing. We enjoyed it so much that we will be returning in a few weeks for restaurant week with some of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.