14833 York Road
Sparks, MD 21152Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.miltoninn.com/
- Phone: 410 771 4366
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday -: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 7:30pm
Sunday Brunch 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Boston
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They offer customized menus, serving 30-1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Circa 1740 stone mansion available, customized menus for 10-150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Boston 4107714366
- Special Events: The Milton Inn offers catering services on and off premise from intimate parties of 10 to grand tented events up to 300 guests. We will make your birthday,anniversary,corporate event, wedding or any other milestone perfect. Whether you choose one of our beautifully appointed dining rooms,a tented event on our manicured grounds, or venue of your choice;The Milton Inn will provide you with the excellent food,service,ambiance and attention to detail you expect from a Brian Boston property.
A word from Milton Inn
The Milton Inn, a 273 year old field-stone building in Northern Baltimore County,is counted among Maryland's historic treasures. It is believed that construction of the Inn began in 1740 and it has grown and changed over the years to become one of the premier country dining spots in the United States. The tradition of excellence has continued to grow under the current ownership Milton Fare Inc, who purchased the business in 1997. Executive Chef/Owner Brian Boston was named Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Maryland in 2011.Chef Boston has also received many other awards including The Five Star Diamond Award by The Academy of Hospitality Sciences , The DiRoNA Award,and top ratings from Zagat. The Milton was named The Best restaurant in the Counties by The Baltimore Sun . Over the years , the Inn has engendered a legacy of romance and numerous couples have become engaged in its candlelit dining rooms and open air garden terrace. Many return year after year to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Milton Inn - Best Restaurants in Sparks ›
Milton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)romantic (150)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (80)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (43)great for lunch (40)great for outdoor dining (31)scenic view (20)good for groups (20)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Expensive, but if you don'[t mind that, it would be hard to do better. Lovely old stone structure in lovely setting.. Some rooms windowless and dark. Food and service incomparable. Restaurant Week is no real bargain, but I have found other places the same.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner54goodyearsDined on 8/21/2014We went to the Milton Inn to celebrate our 54th Wedding Anniversary. We were looking for some place special and recalled that we had been there for a special occasion many years ago. It surpassed our expectations. And an added bonus was that it was Baltimore County Restaurant Week. Even at regular prices, I would recommend it as a special occasion place to dine.Special Features:
- Independent CoupleIndependentCoupleDined on 8/21/2014We were immediately seated at a table in the rather dark, back room, very colonial feeling room. While I would have preferred the brighter front room, we did not ask to change. Our service was attentive, but not bothersome. It was Restaurant Week, and we ordered from the RW special Prix Fixe Menu, as it contained most of the main menu choices, and most were slightly smaller than the al la carte versions. Just right for us. The menu was varied, though light on fresh seafood, but should have choices for anyone. The tenderloin was as good as I have ever had; melt in your mouth tender. The mashed potatoes, a tad salty for my taste, but I ate all of them with no trouble. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- The Milton InnDinnerDined on 8/21/2014Milton has been a treasure for several decades through a couple of owners and has always produced a great productSpecial Features:
- Special restaurantrolverVIPDined on 8/20/2014We've always had a delicious meal at the Milton and this last visit was no exception. The historic setting and attention to detail from the staff is exceptional as well. We are fortunate to have this fine restaurant just around the corner from us.Special Features:
- Surfer2Surfer2Dined on 8/20/2014We had a great dinner. It was restaurant week, so we got to enjoy a reduced 3 course meal. It was still an expensive night when you add in wine and coffee. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. I had a lobster tail that was delicious! The Jack Tarr potatoes were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Service is not up to the standards of the food. It brings the overall experience down as the food and the ambience are exceptional. And this is not the first time we have experienced service not up to the cuisine or setting of the Milton Inn, so I think it's time they addressed the issue. Service is slow, somewhat indifferent and definitely not attentive or welcoming.Special Features:
- grandma4glueDined on 8/16/2014Prior to Saturday night's visit, my husband and I were last here for my 50th birthday-18 years ago!. He had surprised me with an entire late afternoon and evening of events, and dinner here was so romantic (I am sure the several stops along the way to various bars, and champagne in the limo added to the excitement, and made turning 50 fun!). He also presented me with a lovely new ring. Living in Crofton, we often thought about Milton Inn and wondered if it was as great as we remembered. I decided to surprise him (we do mystery dates/trips for each other) and try it. Garth took super care of us, and we will NOT stay away this long again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnerHappyDDined on 8/15/2014We have been to the Milton Inn for many years. Over the years it has been very good, excellent, really bad - all over the place in quality and service. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Our server appeared quite quickly and took our drink order, allowed us time to relax before taking our dinner order. Our dinner arrived in good time and was excellent. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingNoCoNeighborDined on 8/15/2014We ordered from RW menu. The beet salad came with just two quarters of roasted beet and two teeny sections of orange and grapefruit (the “citrus supreme”). The roasted macadamia nuts were burnt; the advertised watermelon radish was not to be found. Tenderloin was cooked to order, but came with the tasteless leek compote unappetizingly glopped on top of the steak. In the veal scaloppine the melted Swiss cheese and proscuitto mess dominated the dish, overpowering the veal. The key lime pie and chocolate truffle torte were silkly and flavorful. Admittedly, RW can play havoc in a busy kitchen. But given the accolades that Chef Brian Boston has received, I was surprised to be so disappointed in our meal. We probably won’t return for dinner.
- special placeSparksmomDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our anniversary last weekend. Service was great, the food was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timelessjadams1016Dined on 8/15/2014What a great place. The service is impeccable. The food is even better. Quiet. Romantic. Attentive. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Delicious Value for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I totally enjoyed our Lunch at the Milton Inn. We did not feel, because it was restaurant week the portion size was smaller at all. All courses were listed on the regular menu as well. From the ostrich carpaccio appetizer, to the desert, the meal was delicious; our server was very attentive, but not overwhelming. We will return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysJimmDined on 8/14/2014have dined at the Milton Inn on many occasions, food, service & decor are always top notch, this is a real gem of an establishment. you can't find places like this anymore. we drive from central New Jersey just to enjoy the Milton Inn.Special Features:
- great lunchrestaurantweekbargainDined on 8/13/2014As usual, everything was delicious. This was the first time I tried a pork chop, and it exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!emhappyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Party of 4 celebrating 2 anniversaries. Server was very informative, friendly, professional, and came back often to see if we needed anything. Got very noisy when party of 7 men arrived but didn't ruin our good time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togetherApperetifDined on 8/9/2014Lovely meal with agreeable wait staff. Delicious restaurant week selections. Best clams casino we have had in quite some time. Tenderloin Filet cooked exactly to specification.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLrfootball72Dined on 8/8/2014Absolutely incredible food and service. Calamari had a slight spice to it that made quite unique and very tasty. Filet of Chesapeake was unbelievable. Creme Brûlée was something I will never forget. Service was friendly, attentive, and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!!N4ECAIDined on 8/8/2014Service was perfect, drinks were perfect! Appetizers were delicious and dinner was superlative! We don't go on special occasions because aby time we go there, the staff and food make it special for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAniversaryDined on 8/4/2014Menu was terrific! Each entre was prepared and presented perfectly. Filet and Lobster dinner with drinks for my wife and I ended up at about $180. Worth EVERY PENNYSpecial Features:
- Very SatisfiedE1742Dined on 8/2/2014This is a restaurant that will give you a experience that you will talk about for weeks to come. If you have been to the Milton Inn, you will return. For me the Milton Inn exceeds my expectations in every area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food, but somethings alittle to elaborate. Need to add some less expendive items to the menu. How about a nice burger and simple salad. Not a place I could go to every week. Would save for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milton Inntablefor4Dined on 7/31/2014This was great. The food was hot and tasty. The staff were attentive to the details of a celebration. Great ambiance. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Everyday Special OccasionCAMCTDined on 7/28/2014Imaginative menu. Food is always presented well and is very tasty. The staff is attentive and friendly. The Inn has a warm charm that can turn any meal into a special occasion. A little pricey, however. A glass of wine should not cost the same as a retail bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Svc & AtmosphereFoodScoutDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went to the Milton Inn for the first time - it is a wonderful dining experience. It is not a an inexpensive evening out, but the food was outstanding, the wine list lengthy, the service excellent. And I love the atmosphere. An old inn, then school, then restaurant, private home and now back to a restaurant - from the 1700s to present. Just gives it a unique atmosphere. The service was impeccable - attentive but not overbearing nor intrusive. We enjoyed our entire meal at a leisurely pace. It is a great restaurant for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Meg209Dined on 7/25/2014Everything from the appetizer (we got the cheese plate) to the dessert (we got the paradise lost torte and cheesecake) was AMAZING! If you go, get the "Father Smelt of Elderberries" cocktail. Not only is the name amusing but it tastes unbelievably good.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great food with large portions that were nicely packaged for take home. Beautiful rooms. Should be very romantic in the evening. Over $100 for lunch is definitely a bit high but it was ever so delicious. Certainly would go back but it would have to be for a special occasion because of the price. Service was outstanding. Our visit lived up to the Inn's reputation of fine dining with quality food and service. Thank you Milton Inn for a very nice and relaxing lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Colonial AtmosphereGordySmDined on 7/24/2014We had an outstanding experience at the Milton Inn. The food was fabulous and the service excellent. We shared foie gras and ostrich appetizers, beet salad and each decided on the roast duck breast over risotto. Each course was better than the one before it. Great and reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- OutstandingGibsongirl19Dined on 7/23/2014The Milton Inn is a hidden gem for special occasions. The food was phenominal and the service was perfect. We truly enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:
- Special OccassionAnnie722Dined on 7/22/2014My boyfriend planned my 60th birthday dinner at the Milton Inn, I had been wanting to go there for some time. My parents and family met there (8), looking really forward to seeing and dining at this really old/quaint restaurant. Well, my 80 year old Mother tripped twice because it was so dark. Thank goodness she didn't fall. We were seated at the back of the house, all the shutters were closed. I opened all the shutters so we could see. It took over an hour for our waiter to take our food order. So we ordered appetizers and our meal at the time. I ordered the crab cake dinner which came with stale chips, 2 bites of cold slaw and a pickle. I asked for crackers and they were also stale. Over all the food was good but not what you expect...
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerBarryVIPDined on 7/19/2014We went to the Milton Inn for our anniversary. Everything was fantastic. The service was great and the food was exceptional. My wife had the rack of lamb special and I have the mixed grill. These were amazing. We enjoyed it so much that we will be returning in a few weeks for restaurant week with some of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star DiningGerryRiannaStavridesDined on 7/17/2014Delicious high quality classically inspired food with big portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014We went to the Milton Inn for my birthday and it was just perfect. Our waiter was welcoming and friendly withour being too familiar. He actually made the evening for us. But the food!!! I had the trio: lobster, filet and veal scalopini...just so amazing. I love lobster but most around here is too expensive rubbery and not fresh. The filet cut like butter and the scallopini had a divine sauce. Highly reccommend a trip to Monkton for a dining experience that satisfies in all areas and makes a special occassion memorable!Special Features:
- Just DeliciousmykitchenisclosedVIPDined on 7/13/2014Had an outstanding delicious dinner! Would have been way too $$$ without coupon and it was most kind of them to honor an expired one. If ever to return, would request seating in alternate room with padded chairs. Wooden far too uncomfortable for a long, leisurely dinner. Fireplace would look better as is without candles. Great time.Special Features:
- Celebrate with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Wonderful seafood, a great anniversary celebration !! Our server was very helpful in suggesting dessert, a fabulous homemade torte...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Had a nice brunch with my fiancé. Portions were so big we had dinner the next evening with our leftovers. Service was excellent, food extremely fresh and tasty. Will be going back for lunch or dinner very soon!Special Features:
- 2dinersVIPDined on 7/12/2014It is always a pleasure to dine here. The service by Tom is flawless. The duck breast was a feast for the eyes and appetite. We are happy diners! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualicemanVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed an exceptional dinner at Milton Inn on July 12, 2014. We visit that restaurant four or five times a year, and always look forward to going there. It is a very relaxing place, with really great food and excellent service. Yes, it is somewhat pricey, but worth the cost to enjoy unusually interesting offering of food. We always find some reason (anniversary or birthday, etc.) to come to Milton Inn, and if there is no special reason, we come anyway. We know we will have a really good meal and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Best Fine dining in BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014The Milton Inn is our regular choice for special occasions. Our Anniversary, birthdays, and whatnot. The food is always prepared impeccably, and is a wonderful taste sensation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Dined there many times. Finally a Gluten Free Menu. Entree's have become smaller yet the prices have remained the same. Many better values out there.Special Features: