Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
730 1st Street
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://milos.ca/restaurants/miami
- Phone: 3056046800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Costas Spiliadis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: .
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Miler 3056046800x
A word from Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
Estiatorio Milos by Costas Spiliadis is a family restaurant that is true to its roots in every sense of the word. With 32 years of hard work and loyalty, Milos Miami marks the brand’s fifth location. An open kitchen is offset by a fish market display providing diners with a stunning selection of more than a dozen varieties of whole fresh fish served by the pound. Selections arrive daily from independent fishermen as nearby as the Florida Keys and as far as the Greek Islands. While they vary with the changing of the tides, guests have the opportunity to engage in their dining experience - pick it, price it and make it theirs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (56)hot spot (56)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Milos is one of the best restaurants in SOBE. the food, service, ambiance is impeccable! I would recommend this place without a second thought.Special Features:
- Chic but FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Incredibly helpful staff, white billowing curtains, excellent food. The octopus was too notch and the fish fresh and beautifully prepared. Miami Spice was deal of the decade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNattyDined on 8/26/2014We had a wonderful lunch experience from the moment we walked in through the wine selection and all the many people who provided us with service. The only difficulty was the valet parking which took a long time. This is a beautiful restaurant with beautiful people and wonderful Greek-themed gourmet cuisine. I look forward to coming back and will definitely recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- great findVickiDined on 8/24/2014wonderful service. great food.good ambience. great addition to Miami food scene.Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Excelent food! Very fresh and great quality! For me is the best restaurant in South Beach Miami!Special Features:
- joe99OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014I went during Miami Spice month. Miami Spice is a program where lunches and dinners at participating restaurants are featured at a very reasonable prix fix. The food was good, but not over the top, which is what this place is supposed to be. Maybe it was the Spice menu.Special Features:
- ExcellenceLoriSoBeVIPDined on 8/22/2014The seafood is fantastic. The land chops are sublime. Great selection of appetizers. Good wine list. Decor and ambience are elegant.Special Features:
- Great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The restaurant itself is a gem. The bar tender won't smile, but you'll forget that by the time you gay to your table. The dorado and the salmon were out of this world. The one thing that spoiled the evening was valet parking. $15 and had to wait 40 minutes for my car. Insulting. If you're lucky enough to find street parking, that's your best choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graet Miami Spice DealRschagrinVIPDined on 8/22/2014Try it for the Miami Spice special. Only $39 instead around $80.00 Very good food and service. Pricy wine list. Beautiful setting and beautiful people.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in SoBeJbellittiVIPDined on 8/21/2014This place never disappoints! The seafood is so fresh!Special Features:
- Must go!GingerSpiceDined on 8/21/2014Do yourself a favor and make a reservation here ASAP. Your taste buds will thank you. Service is impeccable. A great place to take someone special or to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCasualdiner1Dined on 8/20/2014The Miami Spice menu is very good and excellent value. The sea bream and the cod were both delicious as were the mezzanine plate and the tuna. Desserts were great due to their simplicity and the yoghurt in particular was fabulous. Service was a little slow and the wine recommendation at $18 a glass for Chardonnay was a bit over the top. However, overall the experience was really very good. Next time I will pick my own wine!Special Features:
- Miami Spice GemPMFoodieDined on 8/19/2014The Miami Spice menu had several choices for the appetizer and entree, which was surprising for a Miami Spice Menu. The appetizer was excellent. The fish entree, even though the portions are small, was well prepared and very good. I will definitely put this on my short list of preferred restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time's the charm!RebonvinoDined on 8/18/2014Went for the first time to celebrate my Boyfriend's birthday. We took advantage of the Miami Spice menu. It was a treat! I ordered the Octopus for appetizer and Lamb Chops for entree. They were both excellent. My Boyfriend had the cod fritters for appetizer and the Dorade for entree. He thought they were excellent too! We ordered out of the Miami Spice Menu the ceviche. It was outstanding. I loved how fresh herbs were in our dishes. The waitress even cuts them fresh from the live plant to add them to the dipping olive oil. The nut cake was very moist and not too sweet. Their kitchen is impressive and the display of fresh fish from the mediterranean is beautiful. I will definitely come back for special occasions as it is on the pricy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food greatly outdoes the servicetoydocVIPDined on 8/17/2014While the wait staff try to give the impression of being professional, they lack training, experience, and most likely interest. The food outshines their performance. Delicious well prepared; kudos to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner going BADJCMMDined on 8/16/2014Reservation at 10 pm, was seated at around 11 pm. waitress took around 30 mnts to bring a basket of bread with three pieces of bread, the same with the water and the menu. Talk to the manager since I was in Milos in Vegas and spend there $3000 to see if he could hear me out, said ok and nothing else. I will never go again and will not recommend anybody to go EVER!!!!!. We have been treated better in a fast food restaurant.
- Great dining, poor customer serviceRWNYCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our party of 3 made an OT reservation days earlier.Upon arrival for our 9pm res, we were told there was no res for us. I shared my email & phone confirmation, which the hostess acknowledged,but insisted we did not "exist" in their system. They had us wait at the bar & stated we were on the "list" for a table. We ended up waiting for over 1 hour! We were finally seated after 10pm & after following up 3 times.While she did later apologize, the apology was again followed by "You do not exist in our system."That's like saying "You just don't register w/ us."We were quite offended. MILOS-the customer is always right. And we do exist. On a positive note, our server and food were outstanding & outweighed the horrible encounter had prior to dining.Special Features:
- Miami Spice GemLive2EatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Milo's is one of my favorite South Beach restaurants. So dinner during Miami Spice was a must. The menu was varied and included their most popular dishes. It was an excellent meal at a great value. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchalekiDined on 8/16/2014Went to Milos for lunch during Miami spice. They have several fish options for entrees and great selection of appetizers. Very authentic greek. They do not have parmesean cheese for the pasta for example and desserts were very greek (fruit or greek yogurt). Quality was amazing even for something like the greek yogurt. Definitely recommend to greek food lovers and foodies in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good deceptionMpd81Dined on 8/16/2014I'm not sure if expectations were too high but tge MGFD is a common place. The burger is the same I'm used to eat elsewhere, drinks are ok and price is highSpecial Features:
- ImpressedGManDined on 8/15/2014Exceptional food, service, wine, and experience. Simple, yet excellent quality food from outstanding ingredients you can actually taste.Special Features:
- Real Mediterranean CuisinecharlieDined on 8/13/2014Fish is excellent and perfectrly prepared. Outstanding proposal for Miami Spice. Very busy hot spot but service is quick, well organized and managed with careful supervision. Sometimes not so attentive as waiters run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingasannieseesitVIPDined on 8/13/2014The restaurant is very upscale and chic, but the food is not as authentic Greek as I had hoped for. The shrimp with couscous and tomato sauce was extremely salty and nothing out if the ordinary. Also, I found it to be overpriced for the quality and the options. With so many restaurants in the area, they need to improve the options and quality of good or lower their prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale ExperienceRobWDined on 8/12/2014When you go into this restaurant you realize Miami "Has Arrived". Great restaurant worthy of any major Capital in the World. Everything was great but when you taste the Greek Yogurt you realize you had never tasted the real thing before!Special Features:
- DixmeisterVIPDined on 8/10/2014Went for Miami spice. Selection good, food delicious and great price. Service remains a issue. Wrong dishes delivered, mixed up orders. They must train better or remove poor servers from the floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and ExpensivedoublebVIPDined on 8/7/2014Those that don't mind paying $22 for a martini and screaming across the table to be heard above the excessive noise level will find Milos to their liking. There are better choices for seafood in Miami.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Food Outstanding. Greek yogurt with Honey unbelievable. Perfect.Special Features:
- Rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014Bad parking Unattentive Poor mgt Shockingly overpriced and I eat on South Beach multiple times a week. Do yourself a favor and stick with prime 112, red, or katsuya. This place is a tourist trap of epic proportions. Atleast the one in Vegas is good despite always bring empty.
- Not to recommendAlexfromAustriaDined on 8/6/2014We went to Milos to have lunch! It was the worst service since we are visiting Miami from Austria. The Miami Spice Menu was Full of "supplementary costs" and we ended up with a huge check. Worst of all- it tasted not good. Tuna was well done and the two smalltalk lamb chops were tasteless, full of fat and looked grey. The Dessert was a joke. A spoon of joghurt with honey... The rose wine we ordered was a red wine... Very posh on the outside with bad quality on the insinde.
- Beautiful!HAppyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everything is always great but the prices are very high.Special Features:
- Food is amazingNayyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food is great service is so so , I would Deff go back but not on a weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantNoodlesVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went there to try the Miami Spice menu and the food was great, good service, absolutely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceRotemDined on 8/2/2014We went here for Miami Spice. I had the Greek salad, grilled veggie plate, and the real Greek yogurt. My Husband ordered the karidopita (walnut cake) and we shared our desserts. My food was DELICIOUS, each dish better than the first! Despite it not being listed on the Miami Spice menu online, all 3 other people in my party ordered the bream (sp?) fish. 2 of the 3 LOVED it and 1 thought it was overcooked. When my friend told the waiter about it, he said he would let the manager know but the manager never came to our table to inquire about what happened. Only when we were about to leave did a manager approach us and ask what happened. My friend's opinion was too little, too late. Otherwise food and atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- Amazing octopusFinedinerDined on 8/1/2014We went here for Miami Spice and it was awesome! Definitely the best Miami Spice menu and amazing food overall! I have never liked octopus before but the octopus appetizer was delicious. Now I am a huge fan. The dorado fish was excellent and I loved the Greek yogurt and honey dessert! Not to be missed!Special Features:
- Best Fresh FishFoundAGreatFindDined on 8/1/2014The freshness and preparation of the fish at Milos is incredible! It may be the best place to get good fresh fish in Miami Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousThomasDined on 8/1/2014We had heard a lot about Milos and decided to try it. The restaurant did not disappoint - the food was amazing, the service very professional yet personable and the ambiance is great. As othe reviewers indicated it is on the pricey side but the quality of the food and it's preparation is outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent food and service! Prices extremely high--this is Miami, not Manhattan! Need to adjust prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectMcffrauDined on 7/29/2014Just a perfect place to dinne. Food is delicious. I recomend !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I didn't like!WinefoodDined on 7/28/2014Very simple food. No side-dishes good. Very expensive. Very poor wine list.
- Dinner @ MilosPeps61VIPDined on 7/26/2014Some dishes are good, ambiance is fair and would be pleasant with a better selection of music (e.g.: lounge), service needs a complete overhaul...the lack of experience and coordination is just as evident as it is surprising, but the worst part is how they just can't help but make you feel like you're there to be squeezed .....