Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
730 1st Street
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://milos.ca/restaurants/miami
- Phone: 3056046800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Costas Spiliadis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: .
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Miler 3056046800x
A word from Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
Estiatorio Milos by Costas Spiliadis is a family restaurant that is true to its roots in every sense of the word. With 32 years of hard work and loyalty, Milos Miami marks the brand’s fifth location. An open kitchen is offset by a fish market display providing diners with a stunning selection of more than a dozen varieties of whole fresh fish served by the pound. Selections arrive daily from independent fishermen as nearby as the Florida Keys and as far as the Greek Islands. While they vary with the changing of the tides, guests have the opportunity to engage in their dining experience - pick it, price it and make it theirs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)fit for foodies (84)hot spot (64)good for groups (62)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (37)notable wine list (33)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Paltry Portions for Miami SpiceRobBVIPDined on 9/17/2014I enjoy dining here on the full menu from time-to-time. It's usually a special night out. But on this random Wednesday, a friend and I decided to stop in to check out the Miami Spice menu. The service was outstanding as usual. But the Miami Spice menu portions were quite paltry. I realize it's supposed to be a smaller subset of items on the menu, but Milos clearly went out of their way to create miniature versions of the items on the Spice menu. Pity as it didn't make the restaurant look good.
- Needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2014We are Milos fans from Montreal and New York so we found the Miami restaurant a bit over the top in that it felt a tad arrogant. Service, while professional, was uneven- waiters were more concerned with larger tables over a two top. They were all about selling to the point that when the bill arrived we felt overwhelmed by the price and underwhelmed by this experience. We will probably stick to Montreal and NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and overplayedAngelaDined on 9/13/2014I'd seen Milos listed on several Miami Spice must-do lists, so I was really excited about going. The reviews I read beforehand were right -- the place is overpriced. The first weird thing we noticed was that one waiter took our order, gave us the hard sell on the expensive fish to buy and then handed us off to other waiters who simply brought us the food, filled up our water, etc. It took three asks for our waiter to bring my boyfriend his first glass of wine and two asks to bring mine. Then the waiter brought a second glass that my boyfriend didn't order. In total, it took us three hours to eat a meal in a place that had empty tables on a Saturday night. The food wasn't great, and even with Miami Spice, we paid $200. Waste of money.Special Features:
- beautiful and deliciousReatsDined on 9/13/2014we loved this restaurant, it is definitely a hot spot for south beach. very high class, fit for foodies and has a romantic feel to it. yet would be great for a group. i plan to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Superb in all aspectsTobyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Everything in this place is amazing, the food is outstanding, thebservice is impecable, ingredients are first class. Is a must to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreMaxWLADined on 9/11/2014Place was gorgeous but having dined at Milo's in NYC and Montreal I was disappointed especially with the mezethes, and the shrimp. We were a group of 10 and service was excellent but it's always about the food. Unlike some other high-end Greek restaurants I frequent in NYC and D.C. there was a rather limited selection of the many wonderful Greek wines available.Special Features:
- It was great !!!!VictormDined on 9/10/2014An excetent choice for dinner. Great environment, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favesPameDined on 9/9/2014Amazing food. Greek food with lots of spanish influnce. Better for groups than couples. Beware: it's expensive but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Upscale Greek DiningFoodJunkieDined on 9/9/2014Most of us might not consider Greek cuisine worthy of an upscale dining experience, but Milos puts an emphatic end to such thinking. Everything we enjoyed and observed others enjoying was of the highest caliber of quality, freshness, and preparation. They have an on-sight "fish market" where one can select any of a myriad of fresh fish and shellfish flown in from the globe by Costas' private fleet of aircraft. One need only to gaze into the clear eyes of a dorado or Dover sole, or witness the still moving lobsters from Nova Scotia to be impressed by the freshness of their product. The execution of preparation was delivered to our table with clear passion for their craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this gem of a restaurantmaxgrandDined on 9/9/2014The quintessential dining. The food was prepared and served in an immaculate way. The service was a dream. I would recommend it without any reservation to the most discerning diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice Menu Half $s$GoodfoodgoodtimesDined on 9/8/2014The Restaurant was nice, service was great and the food was good. Just not a lot of thought put into the dessert portion of the Miami Spice Menu. For dessert you have a choice between fruit, dry cake, or yogurt. Shame for a restaurant of this caliber. Appetizer & entree were delicious Octopus cooked just right, love the lemony flavor of the fitters, lamb chops although small were great, and fish was nice not to heavy or light. Would go back to restaurant but will not partake in the spice menu.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Food was outstanding, all of it. Servers were not too friendlySpecial Features:
- tasting pleasureFoodie5858Dined on 9/7/2014milos has been a wonderful eating experience every time i go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceMaggieDined on 9/7/2014I was impressed by the quality of the food but the portions on the Spice menu were rediculously small. My understanding of the Spice discount is to give patrons a chance to try restaurants they may have not visited before at a discounted price, not to create a portion control experiment. Ordered the grilled octopus as a starter and received 6 paper thin medallions and a $10 upcharge over the standard meal price. My main course was the Big Eye tuna consisting of 6 small cubes, basically a starter. Desert was a dollop of yogurt and a few pieces of fruit. Wines by the glass were 4 oz. pours and very over priced for the quality. My feeling is if you can't afford to offer a special like this then don't. It is an insult to educated dinners.Special Features:
- Great Food and AmbienceSamuraiDined on 9/6/2014Excellent Menu...Service is very good. I fully recommend !Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The freshest ingredients and the most authentic Greek tasting food in Miami!!! the Service is outstanding and the assistant Sommelier is very knowledgeable!! We had at least 3 to 4 staff paying attention to our table and provided an outstanding, friendly yet professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencehopevictoriaDined on 9/5/2014I ate at Milos during Miami Spice, so there was an excellent prix fixe menu available. Everything I tried was perfect...the lamb chops were an absolute dream.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was good, but not the best. Wine list limited and overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Miami SpicesidmanDined on 8/31/2014Ordered off the Miami spice menu, grilled octopus was amazing, cod fritters were just ok. Main courses; Dorado and Salmon. Both were very good, the salmon was better. The vegetable served was broccoli & it was undercooked. We asked for the salmon to be cooked medium & it was served rare & had to be sent back. The Greek yogurt & honey was great for desert, pass on the walnut cake. Portions were adequate. The restaurant is known for serving exotic fish from the Mediterranean Sea. The fish are very fresh however careful when ordering as you are charged by the pound. Prices are as high as $92/pound for some fish Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT NICHTTRADUCTORDined on 8/30/2014The food as well as the service was simply OUTSTANDING not to mention the atmosphere. A simple "nod" and the cup was filled with water or a question was answered. It was like having a private waiterSpecial Features:
- Wonderful AmbianceDinnerqueenDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant is decorated very nicely and the ambiance was incredible! The food was very fresh and the fish was cooked to perfection! We really enjoyed every aspect of our dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!rfloresDined on 8/30/2014I was so impressed with such a fresh seafood! It's so hard to eat good fish in Miami, but I'm so glad to find the place I can trust always.Special Features:
- ronit26Dined on 8/30/2014this a place i am looking forward to go back and bring friend as well the service is amazing from the moment we walked in to the restaurant the food the service and the stuff its generous and friendly we will be back a 10 perfect is in orderSpecial Features:
- RaulVIPDined on 8/30/2014Always great, food quality and setting. Best lunch deal in the USA with the best fish. At night time also fantasticSpecial Features:
- fantasticimpceccableDined on 8/26/2014Milos is one of the best restaurants in SOBE. the food, service, ambiance is impeccable! I would recommend this place without a second thought.Special Features:
- Chic but FriendlyWilly1428Dined on 8/26/2014Incredibly helpful staff, white billowing curtains, excellent food. The octopus was too notch and the fish fresh and beautifully prepared. Miami Spice was deal of the decade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNattyDined on 8/26/2014We had a wonderful lunch experience from the moment we walked in through the wine selection and all the many people who provided us with service. The only difficulty was the valet parking which took a long time. This is a beautiful restaurant with beautiful people and wonderful Greek-themed gourmet cuisine. I look forward to coming back and will definitely recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- great findVickiDined on 8/24/2014wonderful service. great food.good ambience. great addition to Miami food scene.Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantCrisDined on 8/23/2014Excelent food! Very fresh and great quality! For me is the best restaurant in South Beach Miami!Special Features:
- joe99OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014I went during Miami Spice month. Miami Spice is a program where lunches and dinners at participating restaurants are featured at a very reasonable prix fix. The food was good, but not over the top, which is what this place is supposed to be. Maybe it was the Spice menu.Special Features:
- ExcellenceLoriSoBeVIPDined on 8/22/2014The seafood is fantastic. The land chops are sublime. Great selection of appetizers. Good wine list. Decor and ambience are elegant.Special Features:
- Great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The restaurant itself is a gem. The bar tender won't smile, but you'll forget that by the time you gay to your table. The dorado and the salmon were out of this world. The one thing that spoiled the evening was valet parking. $15 and had to wait 40 minutes for my car. Insulting. If you're lucky enough to find street parking, that's your best choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graet Miami Spice DealRschagrinVIPDined on 8/22/2014Try it for the Miami Spice special. Only $39 instead around $80.00 Very good food and service. Pricy wine list. Beautiful setting and beautiful people.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in SoBeJbellittiVIPDined on 8/21/2014This place never disappoints! The seafood is so fresh!Special Features:
- Must go!GingerSpiceDined on 8/21/2014Do yourself a favor and make a reservation here ASAP. Your taste buds will thank you. Service is impeccable. A great place to take someone special or to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCasualdiner1Dined on 8/20/2014The Miami Spice menu is very good and excellent value. The sea bream and the cod were both delicious as were the mezzanine plate and the tuna. Desserts were great due to their simplicity and the yoghurt in particular was fabulous. Service was a little slow and the wine recommendation at $18 a glass for Chardonnay was a bit over the top. However, overall the experience was really very good. Next time I will pick my own wine!Special Features:
- Miami Spice GemPMFoodieDined on 8/19/2014The Miami Spice menu had several choices for the appetizer and entree, which was surprising for a Miami Spice Menu. The appetizer was excellent. The fish entree, even though the portions are small, was well prepared and very good. I will definitely put this on my short list of preferred restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time's the charm!RebonvinoDined on 8/18/2014Went for the first time to celebrate my Boyfriend's birthday. We took advantage of the Miami Spice menu. It was a treat! I ordered the Octopus for appetizer and Lamb Chops for entree. They were both excellent. My Boyfriend had the cod fritters for appetizer and the Dorade for entree. He thought they were excellent too! We ordered out of the Miami Spice Menu the ceviche. It was outstanding. I loved how fresh herbs were in our dishes. The waitress even cuts them fresh from the live plant to add them to the dipping olive oil. The nut cake was very moist and not too sweet. Their kitchen is impressive and the display of fresh fish from the mediterranean is beautiful. I will definitely come back for special occasions as it is on the pricy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food greatly outdoes the servicetoydocVIPDined on 8/17/2014While the wait staff try to give the impression of being professional, they lack training, experience, and most likely interest. The food outshines their performance. Delicious well prepared; kudos to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner going BADJCMMDined on 8/16/2014Reservation at 10 pm, was seated at around 11 pm. waitress took around 30 mnts to bring a basket of bread with three pieces of bread, the same with the water and the menu. Talk to the manager since I was in Milos in Vegas and spend there $3000 to see if he could hear me out, said ok and nothing else. I will never go again and will not recommend anybody to go EVER!!!!!. We have been treated better in a fast food restaurant.