Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
730 1st Street
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://milos.ca/restaurants/miami
- Phone: 3056046800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Costas Spiliadis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: .
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Miler 3056046800x
A word from Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami
Estiatorio Milos by Costas Spiliadis is a family restaurant that is true to its roots in every sense of the word. With 32 years of hard work and loyalty, Milos Miami marks the brand’s fifth location. An open kitchen is offset by a fish market display providing diners with a stunning selection of more than a dozen varieties of whole fresh fish served by the pound. Selections arrive daily from independent fishermen as nearby as the Florida Keys and as far as the Greek Islands. While they vary with the changing of the tides, guests have the opportunity to engage in their dining experience - pick it, price it and make it theirs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Milos By Costas Spiliadis-Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)fit for foodies (101)hot spot (76)good for groups (72)romantic (59)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (10)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Special ResturantMickeyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Milo's is a great restaurant with great service and great food. It is extremely expensive. Those concerned about sticker shock should avoid it.Special Features:
- We love Milos!RitaDined on 10/17/2014It is one of the best restaurants we have ever been.If you are looking for A fine and fresh food , you should try this amazing place.You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but won't be backDuketheDogDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dinner at this restaurant. As all have noted, it is ridiculously expensive, but the food was excellent. The grilled octopus appetizer was amazing and for $29 it should have been. The Hawaiian snapper was $98 for 2 people, which we didn't know until the bill arrived - my fault for not asking at the time we ordered, but who wants to ask about the price of snapper? The problem is that you can get very comparable food and comparable dining experiences at 15 restaurants in Miami and pay 20-25% less, so I won't be going back anytime soon.
- gsalloumDined on 10/3/2014Had lunch at Vegas Milos and decided to try dinner in Miami....outstanding all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent lunchCasualdiner1Dined on 9/29/2014a friend and I went for lunch on Monday September 29th. The place was surprisingly busy but the hostess welcomed us and seated us quickly. All the food was delicious from the tomato salad to start, to the dorado and finally the greek yoghurt which they make themselves. Busser service was very good and friendly. This is a first class restaurant with excellent food.Special Features:
- refreshingsamiDined on 9/27/2014Few restaurants in Miami serve so well a very fresh and well cooked meal .Mimos does.Special Features:
- Good place for a special occasionAmicusplatypus1Dined on 9/27/2014If images of gyros or a Greek diner come to mind when you think of Greek food, this place will forever change your misconception. The restaurant is big and stylish with a lot of white colors mixed with darkish wood. It's on a side street about a block and a half off of the busy Collins Ave. There is a revolving door at the entrance which makes you feel like you're walking into a building in NYC. Service was fast, friendly and efficient--the most you could expect for a busy Saturday night. The food: everything was delicious. The grilled octopus was the best I've had. The lamb chops were cooked and seasoned perfectly. Fresh (and pricey) seafood, flown in daily from Greece, appears to reign king here.Special Features:
- MIAMI SPICEjackVIPDined on 9/27/2014Only time to visit is during MIAMI SPICE PROMOTION as otherwise only the rich and famous can go :-(Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!MiamiEatzDined on 9/27/2014Milos exceeded my expectations. Came in to try their Miami Spice menu and left more than satisfied by the food and ambiance. Just great! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Even though food was good it is overpriced and so is their wine list.Special Features:
- Very very expensiveJoe3Dined on 9/26/2014Service is very professional, friendly with zero attitude. The restaurant is stunning, and the giant mound of ice from which you select your fish is - literally - a cool touch. So they give you lemon wedges and hot towels to wipe your fingers. Neat. Oysters were very good, the starter of grilled octopus is in the top 3 of my life, but the main course (and the main reason to go here) fell a little short. The fish was expertly grilled, indeed tasted extremely fresh, but it was....luke warm? They gave us heated plates after clearing the starters, but then it took a while, and I guess they didn't serve the fish immediately. So this was a letdown. Without dessert or coffee, but including a $ 75 wine and 2 prosecco: over $ 400. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Really Poor ExperienceSouthBeachLocalsDined on 9/25/2014We left a $5 tip on an $80 Miami Spice lunch for two and that was $5 too much. As many others have experienced and written about, our service was really poor. Firstly, it took forever to get, even though they weren't crazy busy. Secondly, although we were well within view of our waiter throughout the meal and he passed our table many times through the meal, he never checked in to see how we liked the food--even when my wife had only eaten a couple of bites from her plate and had to switch with me. The salmon she ordered was oily and under cooked (even for me, who likes his salmon just barely cooked). The dorado I had was passable. Our plates were taken without a word, our check was given and taken without a word. No desire to return...
- Fabulous Seafood!Eve10Dined on 9/20/2014Since moving to Miami just over a year ago I was surprised that I couldn't find good quality seafood everywhere like I thought I would. After visiting Milo's, I now know where to go when I get a seafood craving. The service was exceptional, was well catered to but still left alone enough to have a nice romantic dinner. Enjoyed my evening & meal (appetizer & main course) thoroughly!Special Features:
- Beautiful and always fresh and goodVaneCVIPDined on 9/20/2014beautiful place, fresh food, good service. They do no make you wait long when you have reservations. Fish is very fresh and staff very friendlySpecial Features:
- SpectacularPatSDined on 9/20/2014Went to Milo's for the second time in a month! Love they offer the Miami Spice menu as otherwise my perception was it was very pricy. I have to say the do Miami Spice right. The service was impeccable, both visits and I hear that is not the case for all places offering Spice. The first time I had the lamb chops, Saturday night the Dorado fish and everything from appetizer to dessert was just perfect. Grilled Octopus is off the charts. First time I went with my husband, Saturday night with girlfriends. Perfect place for either type of dining. As for future plans to go to Milo's...ABSOLUTELY...knowing how great the service and the fresh fish selection is it is worth the regular price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manolin1Dined on 9/20/2014Outstanding food and ambiance.....A bit price but well worth it as it is a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest SeafoodPhilSommelierVIPDined on 9/20/2014We ordered the Miami Spice menu, excellent, but our dining companions were big eaters so we ordered some extra dishes, Greek Ceviche, Fresh Sardines, oysters, & Milos special combo to go along with the delicious Spice Octopus, Tomato Salad, Dorado, Lamb Chops, Greeek Yohurt, Fresh Fruit and Walnut Cake. With two bottles of wine, tax, tip ,the bill was $690 for 4. It's outstanding dining with prices to match. Wine markups run 300% of retail, our Foxen Pinot Noir was $95 ($30 retail) and our Biblia Chora Ovilos Assyrtiko/Semillion blend was $105 ($35 retail). Every dish was outstanding and the staff has a surpisingly outstadning knowledge of both food and wines. The fresh fish display is beautiful, and prices run around $40-$60 per pound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCvchchkVIPDined on 9/19/2014What an outstanding place. My husband and some friends went to Milos for dinner. We had the Miami Spice Menu and it was superb. The portions were pretty large. They have a great selection of cocktails and the whole ambience is very European chic. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paltry Portions for Miami SpiceRobBVIPDined on 9/17/2014I enjoy dining here on the full menu from time-to-time. It's usually a special night out. But on this random Wednesday, a friend and I decided to stop in to check out the Miami Spice menu. The service was outstanding as usual. But the Miami Spice menu portions were quite paltry. I realize it's supposed to be a smaller subset of items on the menu, but Milos clearly went out of their way to create miniature versions of the items on the Spice menu. Pity as it didn't make the restaurant look good.
- GreekGoodnessDrDeanReviewsVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is truly an Amazing restaurant w the most delicious food you will ever taste! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2014We are Milos fans from Montreal and New York so we found the Miami restaurant a bit over the top in that it felt a tad arrogant. Service, while professional, was uneven- waiters were more concerned with larger tables over a two top. They were all about selling to the point that when the bill arrived we felt overwhelmed by the price and underwhelmed by this experience. We will probably stick to Montreal and NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and overplayedAngelaDined on 9/13/2014I'd seen Milos listed on several Miami Spice must-do lists, so I was really excited about going. The reviews I read beforehand were right -- the place is overpriced. The first weird thing we noticed was that one waiter took our order, gave us the hard sell on the expensive fish to buy and then handed us off to other waiters who simply brought us the food, filled up our water, etc. It took three asks for our waiter to bring my boyfriend his first glass of wine and two asks to bring mine. Then the waiter brought a second glass that my boyfriend didn't order. In total, it took us three hours to eat a meal in a place that had empty tables on a Saturday night. The food wasn't great, and even with Miami Spice, we paid $200. Waste of money.Special Features:
- beautiful and deliciousReatsDined on 9/13/2014we loved this restaurant, it is definitely a hot spot for south beach. very high class, fit for foodies and has a romantic feel to it. yet would be great for a group. i plan to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Superb in all aspectsTobyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Everything in this place is amazing, the food is outstanding, thebservice is impecable, ingredients are first class. Is a must to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreMaxWLADined on 9/11/2014Place was gorgeous but having dined at Milo's in NYC and Montreal I was disappointed especially with the mezethes, and the shrimp. We were a group of 10 and service was excellent but it's always about the food. Unlike some other high-end Greek restaurants I frequent in NYC and D.C. there was a rather limited selection of the many wonderful Greek wines available.Special Features:
- It was great !!!!VictormDined on 9/10/2014An excetent choice for dinner. Great environment, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milos Can't Be Beat!ScrumpterouDined on 9/10/2014Miami Spice in Miami has a ton of restaurants that participate (more than 100); you really have to do your home work to get the best bang for your buck. By far, Milos consistently exceeds every standard when it comes to their food. Their Spice menu was simply one of my top 5. I just could not believe there was no "up charge" for the lamb chops or the deliciously grilled octupus (there has been in the past). I took my son and his girl and they loved every bit of it. I have been a fan of Milosby Costas Spiliadis since they opened and I remain a faithful fan of their fabulous cooking and great attention to detail. This is a beautiful date night spot. Pick Milos and you will not miss, Miami Spice or not; it is definitely "Scrumpterou".Special Features:
- One of my favesPameDined on 9/9/2014Amazing food. Greek food with lots of spanish influnce. Better for groups than couples. Beware: it's expensive but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Upscale Greek DiningFoodJunkieDined on 9/9/2014Most of us might not consider Greek cuisine worthy of an upscale dining experience, but Milos puts an emphatic end to such thinking. Everything we enjoyed and observed others enjoying was of the highest caliber of quality, freshness, and preparation. They have an on-sight "fish market" where one can select any of a myriad of fresh fish and shellfish flown in from the globe by Costas' private fleet of aircraft. One need only to gaze into the clear eyes of a dorado or Dover sole, or witness the still moving lobsters from Nova Scotia to be impressed by the freshness of their product. The execution of preparation was delivered to our table with clear passion for their craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this gem of a restaurantmaxgrandDined on 9/9/2014The quintessential dining. The food was prepared and served in an immaculate way. The service was a dream. I would recommend it without any reservation to the most discerning diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice Menu Half $s$GoodfoodgoodtimesDined on 9/8/2014The Restaurant was nice, service was great and the food was good. Just not a lot of thought put into the dessert portion of the Miami Spice Menu. For dessert you have a choice between fruit, dry cake, or yogurt. Shame for a restaurant of this caliber. Appetizer & entree were delicious Octopus cooked just right, love the lemony flavor of the fitters, lamb chops although small were great, and fish was nice not to heavy or light. Would go back to restaurant but will not partake in the spice menu.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Food was outstanding, all of it. Servers were not too friendlySpecial Features:
- tasting pleasureFoodie5858Dined on 9/7/2014milos has been a wonderful eating experience every time i go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceMaggieDined on 9/7/2014I was impressed by the quality of the food but the portions on the Spice menu were rediculously small. My understanding of the Spice discount is to give patrons a chance to try restaurants they may have not visited before at a discounted price, not to create a portion control experiment. Ordered the grilled octopus as a starter and received 6 paper thin medallions and a $10 upcharge over the standard meal price. My main course was the Big Eye tuna consisting of 6 small cubes, basically a starter. Desert was a dollop of yogurt and a few pieces of fruit. Wines by the glass were 4 oz. pours and very over priced for the quality. My feeling is if you can't afford to offer a special like this then don't. It is an insult to educated dinners.Special Features:
- Great Food and AmbienceSamuraiDined on 9/6/2014Excellent Menu...Service is very good. I fully recommend !Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The freshest ingredients and the most authentic Greek tasting food in Miami!!! the Service is outstanding and the assistant Sommelier is very knowledgeable!! We had at least 3 to 4 staff paying attention to our table and provided an outstanding, friendly yet professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencehopevictoriaDined on 9/5/2014I ate at Milos during Miami Spice, so there was an excellent prix fixe menu available. Everything I tried was perfect...the lamb chops were an absolute dream.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was good, but not the best. Wine list limited and overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Miami SpicesidmanDined on 8/31/2014Ordered off the Miami spice menu, grilled octopus was amazing, cod fritters were just ok. Main courses; Dorado and Salmon. Both were very good, the salmon was better. The vegetable served was broccoli & it was undercooked. We asked for the salmon to be cooked medium & it was served rare & had to be sent back. The Greek yogurt & honey was great for desert, pass on the walnut cake. Portions were adequate. The restaurant is known for serving exotic fish from the Mediterranean Sea. The fish are very fresh however careful when ordering as you are charged by the pound. Prices are as high as $92/pound for some fish Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT NICHTTRADUCTORVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food as well as the service was simply OUTSTANDING not to mention the atmosphere. A simple "nod" and the cup was filled with water or a question was answered. It was like having a private waiterSpecial Features: