77 West St.
Simsbury, CT 06070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.millwrightsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 860-651-5500x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: open at 5:30 pm,
Saturday & Sunday: open at 5:00 pm
Tavern (No Reservations, Walk-ins only):
Tuesday - Sunday: open at 5:00 pm
Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tyler Anderson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Millwright"s offers separate locations for private gatherings. In various arrangements, we are happy to host parties from 15 - 120 for either small corporate gatherings or kitchen demos & full restaurant buy-outs.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Mussman 8606515500x103
A word from Millwright's
With its unique setting perched atop a waterfall in Simsbury, Connecticut, Millwright's invites guests to dine in the 17th century mill with acclaimed Chef Tyler Anderson and his staff. Featuring daily-chosen farm ingredients, the freshest and most select product, proprietary cocktails, and exciting wine menu, Millwright's offers a new experience to the Farmington Valley dining scene. Our staff eagerly awaits your next visit...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Millwright's - Best Restaurants in Simsbury ›
Millwright's reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (114)special occasion (106)fit for foodies (100)romantic (84)notable wine list (50)neighborhood gem (46)great for brunch (30)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (20)great for lunch (9)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Best food in CTCtdinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Crazy good-- creative recipes, vibrant sauces, beautiful presentation-- the sole and lamb were perfect, the chicken and dumplings light and flavorful. The desserts were very good. All three table starters were amazing-- the salmon rillette should be on every table.Special Features:
- Outstanding!JanaDined on 8/22/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner. Found a handwritten note on the table welcoming us and wishing us a happy anniversary! We had a table overlooking water and the falls. Our waitress was Marie who paid attention to every detail and explained each course. We ordered the 7 course sampler tasting and would highly recommend it. Amazing presentations and blend of delightful flavors and textures and sauces. I loved the foie GRAS 'snow', shaved frozen foie gras on top of sunflower granola. The tapioca clam chowder custard was served...Chef Tyler Anderson's recipe used on TV in the Bobby Flay challenge. When was the last time you have frozen strawberry foam as a palate cleanser? Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Inventive food, attentive serviceCarolynDined on 8/17/2014Milwrights is superb. The dishes are innovative and delicious. It is quiet and romantic in the restaurant. The service is attentive and prompt. The wine list is very good and they have super specials on Sunday evening.Special Features:
- JASDDined on 8/16/2014Celebrated out anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better venue! A true night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The food was outstanding...from entrée to dessert. What was particularly impressive was the wait-staff...great personalities and very attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the trip!ThanksDined on 8/3/2014I've been in the food business as a Cook, Chef, General Manager and Administrator for over 30 years. I've worked with and ate at the tables of some major talent from coast to coast, celebrities included. Never have I had this complete of a food/wine experience. I had eaten at Armani's Restaurant in Manhattan the week before and I struggle to remember the meal. This is the first review I've posted about anything, but I would be re missed if I didn't offer up my praise for the culinary talents and execution of service that I experienced this past Sunday. And half price wine to boot!?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Night Outssjspud51Dined on 8/3/2014Aside from the ambiance of the restaurant itself, Millwright's has an amazing food selection and an even better drink selection. The Tavern is a gem and it is seperated from the restaurant so there is still privacy. Whether its a special event, a date, seeing old friends, or big moments. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful food with added pizazz.SaucyRedheadDined on 8/2/2014A truly great place. However, nobody's perfect. Out of five dinners only one missed the mark with a Luke warm temperature. For the technique and quality of ingredients such as the salmon, quail and lamb it's reasonably price. The presentation is beautiful and the service very attentive. The cocktails and wine will cost you a little more than you might expect in this local but, their good. I've eaten here twice and I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Friendly staff, beautiful surroundings and view along with inventive and delicious food!Special Features:
- Food was great; service was OKnomdecenaVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent. Appetizer was green gazpacho served creatively in bowl with sliced peppers and frozen yogurt. Gazpacho was poured over at the table. Chicken also was superb. Wait staff was friendly, but only intermittently available until the end and the time between courses was long. The staff, however, did know the menu and how the food was prepared.Special Features:
- Most Excellent dinnerTrekman27Dined on 7/31/2014We had a gift card for Millwrights and decided to go there one night during the week. The food was great and the service beyond expectations. Everything was just about perfect, wine also was excellent. Can't say enough, will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The (positive) usual.MichaelDined on 7/27/2014Always inventive food and attentive service and a great atmosphere. And we were welcomed back, showing that we were recognized as somewhat "regulars." A nice touch.Special Features:
- OnlymyopinionDined on 7/27/2014Sunday brunch was very disappointing.very (very) small portions,extremely pricey ($10 for half of a warm grapefruit, tho yummy).the chicken hash was disappointingly tasteless,was only a 6 bite portion and was presented on a very small dish with no larger dish underneath.3 of us had poached eggs and all 3 were very undercooked.They do have really good bacon,sausage and seasoned potato wedges served family style and sweet breakfast breads as a starter. Hours are limited but the view,old structure,history and environment are delightful.Based on price/food we won't go back for Sunday brunch but may try the pub/dinner.Ample parking and amazingly beautiful flowers all over the restaurant, grounds and parking lot.of course the waterfall is a plus!Special Features:
- Special PlaceBenvolio36Dined on 7/23/2014The place is rather small of the the staff was very friendly and attentive. Food portions were moderate not too much not too small. I tried the Lamb it was very good. I noted in our reservation that it was our anniversary and they gave us a small card and a nice table and everyone congratulated us. A pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Use lot of local produce.WhftdfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Ask for Jeff when you sit down...He knows the menu and how each are prepared. The service was only outdone by the food! Wine list is small but full of the right names.Special Features:
- Never disappoints.AndyDined on 7/19/2014As always, the food and service was fantastic. Being vegetarian, it's refreshing to dine at a restaurant that accommodates my needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantkennycDined on 7/17/2014Creative, delicious, beautifully presented food; warm, attentive, unpretentious service; charming atmosphere in a converted mill overlooking a waterfall. A+ in every regard.Special Features:
- AnniversaryRickDined on 7/17/2014We had a wonderful meal and experience for our anniversary. Service was very attentive and the food was great. I recommend Millwright's for special occasions or just a great dining experience.Special Features:
- FAbulous!lawyer1982Dined on 7/13/2014This is a wonderful spot to have a delicious beginning to Sunday. The courses were all unique, the pacing was restful and an overall terrific dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMickNoir616Dined on 7/12/2014Personable, almost over the top friendly. (Not a bad thing at all!) Food was artfully presented, each dish, including the bread and butter was explained perfectly. These people know food and and again the service was out of this world! So goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatJoePVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is always outstanding. I had the lamb dish and my wife the halibut. The cheese platter as an appetizer is wonderful. The setting on nice day is so nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Millwrights never disappoints. The food is always creative, unique and delicious. From the biscuits to dessert, all is a true delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic birthday surpriseEastmeetsWestDined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit to Millwright's. My lady and I were celebrating her birthday. We were seated immediately and the waitstaff was friendly and attentive, making every effort to get the perfect wine for my lady. Food selections were fairly limited, but you know that in advance when looking at the online menu. The food was good but woefully small portions. The halibut and BBQ carrots were excellent,but the pork loin was dry and forgettable. Desert was strawberry shortcake. It was Beautifully presented with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate syrup...a nice touch. The ambiance was perfect for the occasion and made up for the small overpriced cocktail. Definitely worth a second visit.Special Features:
- Review from a "foodie"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Well one can never go wrong starting off with those corn bread things (I'm sure that's what they call them). The honey butter puts them over the top. Thenone of the best Rieslings I have ever tasted came to the table. I'm a visit was from the loosen brothers. the main course was a perfectly cooked duck breast with Parmesan grits and sauteed onions and a few other veggies, to say it was outstanding is truly an understatement. no way all the flavors came together is truly remarkable and one of the best dining experiences I have enjoyed in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014From starter to dessert everything was delicious! Even the coffee was french press! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- lynnelynneDined on 6/28/2014outstanding restaurant - great food - great service not your mother's cooking - for real food loversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience!kcat55VIPDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I dined here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we had a wonderful time. The service was friendly and attentive, the view was gorgeous and the food was exceptional. All of the courses were so delicious! We had the oysters and salmon rillette for appetizers, the tapioca and the Maine crab for the starter, the fisherman's stew and duck for the main entrees, and the butterscotch custard for dessert. Usually when you go to a restaurant, one of the courses is just okay but everything we had was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Night OutReservationsRuleDined on 6/21/2014An absolutely fabulous evening from the welcome to the thank you. I picked this restaurant based on their website and it was everything I hoped for. My wife and I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine as well as each other's entrees (ny strip and halibut) and were just too happy for words. The service was excellent as was the ambiance. The evening was a real treat start to finish and I'm only afraid it won't be as good when we go back.Special Features:
- NancyDVIPDined on 6/20/2014Outstanding! Excellent dinner and service. We had the duck and fish stew, have to admit the duck blew the stew away! It was the best duck I've ever had. Will be going back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Terrific restaurant....my family loved it...great pastry chef,service was really good ...food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Our New Favorite Restaurant!okpgailDined on 6/20/2014Yes, it's expensive but it is the HIGHEST quality. Fresh, local, made to perfection. The highest level of service - EVERYONE who passed our table seemed to find a way to help us, not just our own waiter. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience this was and what an amazing restaurant it is. I'm SO thankful I found it. Waiters so helpful, in recommending wine and food. A "Happy Anniversary" card waiting for us and sparkling wine on the house, after they asked us when making the reservation if this was for a special occasion. Very beautiful setting, water, trees, large windows. The food was the best tasting.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningKayakwomanDined on 6/19/2014We had dinner at Millwright's to celebrate an anniversary. The service was friendly and knowledgeable, the food delicious and there were several small touches that made the evening special. (Two flutes of champagne on the house to celebrate the anniversary....) Excellent coffee to top off the dinner. Only suggestion: provide a menu for the tasting menu.......we were unwilling to fling caution to the winds and order it without understanding what food we would be eating. (food allergies make that a no-no.)Special Features:
- Great place! Go there!FinerDinerDined on 6/17/2014Nice space, renovated old mill w/ waterfall. Casual atmo -- uniform for waitstaff is jeans. Service was excellent - personable, on top of menu, attentive w/o being there too much. We did the 7 course tasting menu + wine pairing. Some nice little opening amuses, raw oysters, a crab salad type app, a canolli type thing that was a bit odd for an app but still good, a "tapioca clam chowder" sort of soup that sounded strange but was really quite tasty, a cioppino-type dish (excellent), and lamb (also great). Dessert was the only course I wasn't too keen on -- not "bad" but just not my thing. They comped us some extra oysters, couple glasses of bubbly and a little extra dessert bite as it was our anniversary - nice touches. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServicewishiwasntafoodieDined on 6/15/2014I would have enjoyed more attentive wait staff. I had to ask for a basket of bread for the table three times before it arrived DURING our meal. I also found that the staff seemed preoccupied and not attentive to us in the least. The table next to us had to ask for the bill by going up to the service desk because no one was coming out to us, he even had to say 'I thought you forgot about us.' We were very excited about Millwrights but unfortunately felt like our dining was an imposition.Special Features:
- Awesome!GeoffDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I love our date nights at the Millwright. It's a very pretty property (next to the pounding river), the building is amazing (an old mill). The people are wonderful, service is excellent, and the food is to die for. All in all a great place to go. A little on the pricy side, but we think it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Fantastic Restaurantjwh647Dined on 6/8/2014Overwhelmingly good food served in a wood beamed glass walled setting overlooking a waterfall...what could be better?! Millwrights has the farm to table formula down pat; each course is innovative and artistically presented by knowledgeable servers which makes for a memorable dining experience. From the moment we walked in the door every member of the staff bent over backwards to wish us a happy anniversary and to make the evening a memorable one. Millwrights has become our new favorite dining spot in the Greater Hartford area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly Spring BrunchFood4LifeDined on 6/8/2014The attractive and varied brunch menu presents three courses for a reasonable $29. After making a difficult choice, we were more than satisfied with our selections. Portions were sufficient, attractively presented, and delicious. Service was attentive and efficient. The location of our table--overlooking the falls--provided a romantic backdrop (not to mention a lovely sound) to a beautiful spring morning. We will definitely return--perhaps for dinner next time.Special Features:
- Kbn57KBN57Dined on 6/7/2014Excellent dining experience. The service was top notch, food was fabulous. We definitely will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food.TPCGOLFERDined on 6/7/2014From the appetizers to the deserts, everything had amazing flavor. The services was great. The waterfall view was perfect for the occassion. Amazing chef. Will be coming bazck very soon with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overall wonderful restaurant!SanibelVIPDined on 6/5/2014Millwright's never disappoints, with wonderful food, attentive service and a beautiful settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.