Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse
25 North Cache
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://cowboysteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 3077334790
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gries
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse
Located on the southwest corner of the Town Square, below the legendary Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, lies one of Jackson"s best-kept secrets. Specializing in Regional Game, Fresh Seafood and Old World Pastas as well as being Jackson's only Steakhouse serving the finest Prime and Dry Aged Beef. Come experience elegant dining with a western flair. You're guaranteed by the Gries Family and our knowledgeable and friendly staff to a tasty and exciting evening of classic steakhouse cuisine in a truly historic setting. We offer International and Boutique Domestic Wines on our extensive wine list. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Don't judge a book by it's coverDiDellDined on 8/24/2014When we walked in to the bar at MDCS, I was not happy, as my first impression was the restaurant was the tables in the back. I couldn't believe the grill up front was capable of serving the food listed on their menu. Fortunately, we were directed downstairs to the real steakhouse - And our waiter made it clear they were two separate places. We loved the pickled cucumbers and onions he brought out to start - nice and tangy. I had the sirloin, cooked to a perfect medium, and my husband had the "steakloaf" meatloaf made from sirloin steak, which he enjoyed as well. The portions were good size and well presented. This was one of the better meals we had while staying in Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointinghunterfoodieDined on 8/22/2014We had dined here several years ago and had a memorable experience and were looking forward to more of the same. We were disappointed. While my meal was good, the prime rib special that other members of the party had was mediocre at best. For the prices charges, the food and service were not what we would have expected. We'll try somewhere else the next time.
- Tough SteaksdisapointmentdiveDined on 8/18/2014I had been bragging about how good the steaks are at your place for weeks while on vacation. I was very disapointed to find that the steaks were the worst I have ever had. It was so tough that I could hardly cut through it with your steak knife not to mention trying to chew it. The server was the best and did what she could do. The replacement steak was thiner and less cooked and was almost as tough. For the premium price I was willing to pay for a great steak, I was truly disapointed. The mash potatoes with the horseradish wasn't very good either. I've been coming through Jackson for years on my way to hunting. I will be looking for a new steakhouse while in Jackson. You have no idea how disapointed I am in the quality of the meat.
- Great venue but a little pricey.jpg1930VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was good but didn't justify the price. I agree that it might just be too touristy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014my husband and i ate here 2 years ago and it was a must on our list this visit as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!FABFoodDined on 7/31/2014We booked our party of 10 to eat here for our annual retreat. The food was outstanding and really set an excellent tone for our event.Special Features:
- A favorite we go to every yearRyansDined on 7/30/2014Even though we have a residence in JH and cook in a lot, we never make a trip out and don't go to MDC Steakhouse. We love to take guests that visit so they can enjoy the varied menu, GREAT steaks, always GREAT service. I'm so sorry to not recall our servers name. She's waited on us several times and we couldn't have more attentive, knowledgeable and friendly service. Always enjoy!Special Features:
- HerbotikiDined on 7/8/2014Food was fantastic, our Waiter was excellent.decor is very much appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return again!LittleFillyDined on 7/8/2014Excellent filet mignon, no knife necessary ! Very attentive service. Conversation friendly atmosphere !Special Features:
- DelicioushappypalettesDined on 7/4/2014Both my husband and I noted that the filet mignon we shared was the best steak we'd eaten in a long time or ever! The service was great. We really enjoyed our dinner. A perfect way to end our evening in Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- "Hidden" gem in Jackson HoleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014An above average Steakhouse with very nice menu selections...if you can find the restaurant. You are greeted by large bouncers keeping kids and under-aged drinkers out of the Cowboy bar. The restaurant is down stairs which are not marked. Be patient and you will be happy that you stopped by the restaurant. Steaks are slightly above average (ribeye had great marbling but still had some chewy nerves) and the waitstaff is friendly and accomodating to kids.Special Features:
- Overpriced Tourist TrapfrequentdinerDined on 7/1/2014Very disappointed with the quality of the food, the service and the overall experience. The restaurant was largely empty yet it was extremely difficult to get the wait staff's attention to correct a poorly-cooked meal. Steaks were significantly under cooked...medium steaks should not be blood red and cold in the middle. Perhaps our expectations were too high for this tourist mecca but with a $250 bill for two adults and two children, we certainly expected more.
- Great food, legendary restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014We chose this restaurant because it's a legend in Jackson, been here for a LONG time. The food was amazing, the restaurant was loud - so def not romantic but they are not known for that. Would go here for the food and drinks but not the ambience.Special Features:
- Jackson, WYgeb1Dined on 6/16/2014Great steak, wonderful service, pricey but worth it on that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Cowboy!LuvthecowboyDined on 6/16/2014We had a great server, Taylor! He gave us great service, great recommendations and great concersation! The bacon elk wrapped jalepeno poppers were delish! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribeyeRvdinerDined on 6/14/2014The menu had a lot to offer, but I'm so happy I ordered the ribeye steak - it was cooked to perfection and flavorful and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableTravelerDined on 6/13/2014Most at our table of eight out-of-towner patrons enjoyed great steaks and one of us raved about the evening's specialty dish of elk/buffalo/steak. Afterward, our waitress stamped our hand to avoid the $5 per person cover charge for the cowboy bar's band upstairs. We very much enjoyed the band and the dancers. Great atmosphere and a fun place to enjoy an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fingJCfrogDined on 6/10/2014We originally wanted to go there for the saddle bar stools, but when we entered they directed us downstairs. We were given a both to sit at. It was private and very enjoyable. Food was great as well as the service. Great recommendation.Special Features:
- Best for BeefOldClimberDined on 5/18/2014The booths are quite comfortable and screen out some of the noise when it is crowded. You should specif in your reservation if possible, that you prefer a booth. Nice murals on the walls. Interesting appetizers, not just run of the mill.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBoca2350Dined on 5/17/2014Had the Ribeye and the Cod special. Both were delicious. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceBillfox2Dined on 5/16/2014My wife and I are local and we enjoy the Cowboy Steakhouse. Our waitress was great. She knew the menu, specials. Our food came out very quickly.Special Features:
- Sucky service Sucky managerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We made reservations but when we got there it was EMPTY. Even though they obviously were not busy we waited over an hour for our food and it was cold. Two of us ordered the special and two of us ordered medium rare steaks so it should have taken maybe ten minutes for our food. The child in our group did not get the crayons for her menu until the food was served. So now instead of eating she just wanted to color. Upon speaking to the manager he just made excuses about them being busy (again they were empty) and offered a coupon for our next visit. We live out of town and the service made us not want to come back anyway. I chose the restaurant because we had it before. I will definitely not be taking anyone else there.
- The following 160 reviews are from the Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Change isn't always good....LeslieDined on 3/22/2014We go to the Cowboy Steakhouse every year, with 11 to 12 for dinner, then we go upstairs to the Cowboy bar for dancing. When you have dinner, there is a separate entrance to the bar & cover charge is waived. I made our reservations 3 weeks in advance, & inquired about reserving a table in the bar for after dinner & offered to pay for the reserved table. While the bar manager said it wasn't possible, we kept our dinner reservation. We spent 1,000.00 on dinner for 12 of us; they would not let us into the bar without going outside, standing in line & paying cover-seriously? You had several opportunities to tell me your policy had changed. We won't be back-overpriced, meals wrong, service lacking, & saw the staff taking shots while working.Special Features:
- Great dinner! Loved the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014Great dinner! Loved the food & good service too. Will be a regular stop when in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was superb!winendineDined on 3/14/2014Our family celebrated our last night in Jackson with dinner at the Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse. We started with drinks upstairs in the bar, a quaint, rustic bar with saddles and knotty wood. Then we went downstairs for dinner in a cozy, mural encased dining area. The disco fries were delicious and steaks cooked to perfection. Our waiter was friendly and made sure our experience was a dinner to remember. At the end, the restaurant will also provide a stamp for free admission to any band that may be performing upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitingjularsonDined on 3/8/2014We were seated promptly, but had to wait a while for a server to show up with water. After that all was good.Special Features:
- Steak was fabulous - a lot3BestFriendsDined on 2/19/2014Steak was fabulous - a lot of food though - you could almost split a meal and walk away satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The $40 halibut was not very good though a generous portion. It did not taste fresh. The steaks were excellent, as was the ravioli appetizer. Wine list was also overpriced. Desserts were good. Generally, there were mostly overpriced entrees, especially since they did not includes salads, which were an additional $10. Dinner for three with one bottle of the lowest priced wines was close to $300. The dinner was not so wonderful as to warrant that price.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!CajunladyDined on 2/14/2014The food was to die for...melt in your mouth. I had the smoked buffalo prime rib and my husband, a steak expert, was very pleased with his buffalo ribeye. The service was great and they even went beyond by giving me a dining fork to go with my dessert, since they didn't have disposable!! Would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Venison lettuce wrapMargoDined on 2/8/2014We had Venison lettuce wrap appetizer. Delicious..flavorful bite size spiced bits of venison. Fantastic tasty salads (kale Caesar & argula beet/ cauliflower) & local beef. And flourless chocolate cake. Yum.. Gluten free..thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food below a classic placeNjGirlDined on 2/2/2014Really good. The steakhouse is downstairs from the historic bar. Much quieter there. Hubby & I split the tomahawk rib-eye, perfectly cooked med rare. We barely touched the sauces they served with it. My daughter & hubby split fried calamari for an app. They said it was good. Our server was awesome. She made great recommendations. The bar made the best White Russian I have ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksGreywolfDined on 1/4/2014We got a last Minute reservation and got a great table at a booth. Worked great cause you could be a part of the restaurant but not be in the not so loud noise. Great steaks and my daughter loved the mashed potatoes. On the expensive side but worth it. Seasoned waitress was very helpful, knew the menu and very attentive for a busy restaurant. Great location in town too for walking around before/after. We would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgersJacksonHoleDined on 12/31/2013Ground from the trimmings of all their steaks you have a delicious burger and fries at a good price. Go early and sit in the bar for the Burger and Beer deal - a steal at $7Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MenuKeithDined on 12/31/2013Started the evening with the lobster bisque which was outstanding. My wife had a crab cake that was excellent. Had the filet mignon as the entree and it was perfect as medium rare. For dessert was the creme brulee which was also good. Fun place to eat and the service is great. No trip to Jackson Hole is complete without a trip to the steakhouse under the Cowboy Bar on the town square. 8 year old daughter got a burger off of the kid's menu that she enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the third time I haveTommyTVIPDined on 12/28/2013This is the third time I have dined at Cowboy Steakhouse and I was disappointed. The Bison steaks were tough and for the most part we not eatable. I ordered a cup of the soup and a salad. The server brought the soup and skipped my salad but it was on the bill. When I wanted to settle up the server was lost.
- Plesantly SurprisedjacksonfoodiephantomVIPDined on 12/27/2013I haven't eaten at the Cowboy Stakehouse in about 15 years. I had heard mixed reviews and thought we may as well give it a try. I was planning on having a nice rib eye but they had beef stroganoff on the menu and I'm always a sucker for good stroganoff. It was really good....tender beef and a really nice Dijon mustard. The rest of the family had rib eyes and they were cooked to perfection and had a delicious chimichurri sauce on them. I also had the 5 onion soup which had very good flavor. I'm excited to try it again. The only recommendation is they need to dim the lights just a touch and add some fabric to absorb some of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJepa2Dined on 12/24/2013Spent many Christmas Eves here. Food is always delicious. Service on this night was slow. Had to wait too long for drinks and it wasn't that busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the Cowboy Bar upstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2013The Cowboy Boy is an iconic bar in Jackson Hole that's a lot of fun. Saddles for bar stools is pretty special. But, stay away from the Cowboy Steakhouse downstairs. Food is mediocre at best..atmosphere is boring ..ala Holiday Inn 1980's style. Empty also. Stay upstairs and drink!
- Though the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2013Though the food was good, we thought it pricey for the quality (as compared with other Jackson Hole restaurants), even though it was off season "comfort food" 2-for-1 special. Also, they included 20% tip on entire bill, which is fine, but ALSO charged $15 corkage fee for EACH bottle of wine we brought, and then added that 20% tip to those fees as well -- a bit excessive. Better value to be had elsewhere...
- TRY THE ELKMuffinVIPDined on 10/19/2013We had excellent service and really good food. Tyler, our server, was incredibly professional and helpful. If all restaurants had servers as good as him, there'd be far fewer bad restaurant reviews.Special Features: