Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse
25 North Cache
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://cowboysteakhouse.net/
- Phone: (307) 733-4790
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gries
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse
Located on the southwest corner of the Town Square, below the legendary Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, lies one of Jackson"s best-kept secrets. Specializing in Regional Game, Fresh Seafood and Old World Pastas as well as being Jackson's only Steakhouse serving the finest Prime and Dry Aged Beef. Come experience elegant dining with a western flair. You're guaranteed by the Gries Family and our knowledgeable and friendly staff to a tasty and exciting evening of classic steakhouse cuisine in a truly historic setting. We offer International and Boutique Domestic Wines on our extensive wine list. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- SUSIEMACSUSIEVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were traveling through the the state and were happy to find a place with local food. To our surprise the elk steak was wonderful and so was the rib eye steak. A must do !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehLocalJoeDined on 9/27/2014Meh. Touristy. This place has good steaks but it's just so basic the experience sucks. Other places have better steaks anyway for same price.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestJulieDined on 9/22/2014Our waitress was friendly but new and not familiar with the food and drink menu. She also had too many tables. The restaurant was crowded and difficult for the wait staff to get around. The steaks at our table were requested medium rare but were both served medium. The steak loaf was good. The upstairs bar was a fun place to visit as a Clint Eastwood movie scene was filmed there but the restaurant downstairs has no atmosphere at all.
- On the down slopeBad22Dined on 9/18/2014The small dining room was severely overcrowded with extra tables set up in the serving paths. I'm sure the number of diners exceeded the fire department limit for occupancy especially since there were only two narrow exits into a hallway with stairs for this basement location. Extremely dangerous situation. Also the restrooms had not been detailed and were seriously fouled, so much so that my wife could not use hers. We've used this restaurant for many years and watch it's decline with sorrow. Will not go there again.
- Mr.NitrometalDined on 9/11/2014First off, I must say that our sever (sorry that I forgot her name) was outstanding with her enthusiasm, knowledge and abilities. I ordered the Double R Ranch 12 oz. Rib Eye with chimichurri sauce, my favorite meal at another gourmet spot from where we retired from in Texas. The meat was cooked to perfection but the flavor was just above average and the chimichurri sauce taste was non-existant (very disappointing). The side dishes, Horseradish Spiked Potatoes very tasty but the Smoked Tomatoes looked and tasted like they were never near any heat. Overall, especially factoring the price, the meal was just okay. I felt that I could have had an equal type meal at a "chain" style place like Outback for a better deal.Special Features:
- Awesome FiletBlessedGirl2Dined on 9/10/2014I had the filet and could and did literally cut it with a fork. My husband had the strip which unfortunately had a strand if gristle all the way through. But what was edible was good. Awesome steaks. Only down side was the service was the worst I have ever had. It was the waiter we had, as I saw excellent service at other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!LOVEWYOMINGDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service!!! It's a must when you're in Jackson.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by it's coverDiDellDined on 8/24/2014When we walked in to the bar at MDCS, I was not happy, as my first impression was the restaurant was the tables in the back. I couldn't believe the grill up front was capable of serving the food listed on their menu. Fortunately, we were directed downstairs to the real steakhouse - And our waiter made it clear they were two separate places. We loved the pickled cucumbers and onions he brought out to start - nice and tangy. I had the sirloin, cooked to a perfect medium, and my husband had the "steakloaf" meatloaf made from sirloin steak, which he enjoyed as well. The portions were good size and well presented. This was one of the better meals we had while staying in Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointinghunterfoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had dined here several years ago and had a memorable experience and were looking forward to more of the same. We were disappointed. While my meal was good, the prime rib special that other members of the party had was mediocre at best. For the prices charges, the food and service were not what we would have expected. We'll try somewhere else the next time.
- Tough SteaksdisapointmentdiveDined on 8/18/2014I had been bragging about how good the steaks are at your place for weeks while on vacation. I was very disapointed to find that the steaks were the worst I have ever had. It was so tough that I could hardly cut through it with your steak knife not to mention trying to chew it. The server was the best and did what she could do. The replacement steak was thiner and less cooked and was almost as tough. For the premium price I was willing to pay for a great steak, I was truly disapointed. The mash potatoes with the horseradish wasn't very good either. I've been coming through Jackson for years on my way to hunting. I will be looking for a new steakhouse while in Jackson. You have no idea how disapointed I am in the quality of the meat.
- Great venue but a little pricey.jpg1930VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was good but didn't justify the price. I agree that it might just be too touristy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014my husband and i ate here 2 years ago and it was a must on our list this visit as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!FABFoodDined on 7/31/2014We booked our party of 10 to eat here for our annual retreat. The food was outstanding and really set an excellent tone for our event.Special Features:
- A favorite we go to every yearRyansDined on 7/30/2014Even though we have a residence in JH and cook in a lot, we never make a trip out and don't go to MDC Steakhouse. We love to take guests that visit so they can enjoy the varied menu, GREAT steaks, always GREAT service. I'm so sorry to not recall our servers name. She's waited on us several times and we couldn't have more attentive, knowledgeable and friendly service. Always enjoy!Special Features:
- The following 175 reviews are from the Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse reviews archive.
- HerbotikiDined on 7/8/2014Food was fantastic, our Waiter was excellent.decor is very much appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return again!LittleFillyDined on 7/8/2014Excellent filet mignon, no knife necessary ! Very attentive service. Conversation friendly atmosphere !Special Features:
- DelicioushappypalettesDined on 7/4/2014Both my husband and I noted that the filet mignon we shared was the best steak we'd eaten in a long time or ever! The service was great. We really enjoyed our dinner. A perfect way to end our evening in Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- "Hidden" gem in Jackson HoleRobdrummsDined on 7/3/2014An above average Steakhouse with very nice menu selections...if you can find the restaurant. You are greeted by large bouncers keeping kids and under-aged drinkers out of the Cowboy bar. The restaurant is down stairs which are not marked. Be patient and you will be happy that you stopped by the restaurant. Steaks are slightly above average (ribeye had great marbling but still had some chewy nerves) and the waitstaff is friendly and accomodating to kids.Special Features:
- Overpriced Tourist TrapfrequentdinerDined on 7/1/2014Very disappointed with the quality of the food, the service and the overall experience. The restaurant was largely empty yet it was extremely difficult to get the wait staff's attention to correct a poorly-cooked meal. Steaks were significantly under cooked...medium steaks should not be blood red and cold in the middle. Perhaps our expectations were too high for this tourist mecca but with a $250 bill for two adults and two children, we certainly expected more.
- Great food, legendary restaurantAmazingDined on 6/17/2014We chose this restaurant because it's a legend in Jackson, been here for a LONG time. The food was amazing, the restaurant was loud - so def not romantic but they are not known for that. Would go here for the food and drinks but not the ambience.Special Features:
- Jackson, WYgeb1Dined on 6/16/2014Great steak, wonderful service, pricey but worth it on that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Cowboy!LuvthecowboyDined on 6/16/2014We had a great server, Taylor! He gave us great service, great recommendations and great concersation! The bacon elk wrapped jalepeno poppers were delish! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribeyeRvdinerDined on 6/14/2014The menu had a lot to offer, but I'm so happy I ordered the ribeye steak - it was cooked to perfection and flavorful and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableTravelerDined on 6/13/2014Most at our table of eight out-of-towner patrons enjoyed great steaks and one of us raved about the evening's specialty dish of elk/buffalo/steak. Afterward, our waitress stamped our hand to avoid the $5 per person cover charge for the cowboy bar's band upstairs. We very much enjoyed the band and the dancers. Great atmosphere and a fun place to enjoy an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fingJCfrogDined on 6/10/2014We originally wanted to go there for the saddle bar stools, but when we entered they directed us downstairs. We were given a both to sit at. It was private and very enjoyable. Food was great as well as the service. Great recommendation.Special Features:
- Best for BeefOldClimberDined on 5/18/2014The booths are quite comfortable and screen out some of the noise when it is crowded. You should specif in your reservation if possible, that you prefer a booth. Nice murals on the walls. Interesting appetizers, not just run of the mill.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBoca2350Dined on 5/17/2014Had the Ribeye and the Cod special. Both were delicious. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceBillfox2Dined on 5/16/2014My wife and I are local and we enjoy the Cowboy Steakhouse. Our waitress was great. She knew the menu, specials. Our food came out very quickly.Special Features:
- Sucky service Sucky managerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We made reservations but when we got there it was EMPTY. Even though they obviously were not busy we waited over an hour for our food and it was cold. Two of us ordered the special and two of us ordered medium rare steaks so it should have taken maybe ten minutes for our food. The child in our group did not get the crayons for her menu until the food was served. So now instead of eating she just wanted to color. Upon speaking to the manager he just made excuses about them being busy (again they were empty) and offered a coupon for our next visit. We live out of town and the service made us not want to come back anyway. I chose the restaurant because we had it before. I will definitely not be taking anyone else there.
- Change isn't always good....LeslieDined on 3/22/2014We go to the Cowboy Steakhouse every year, with 11 to 12 for dinner, then we go upstairs to the Cowboy bar for dancing. When you have dinner, there is a separate entrance to the bar & cover charge is waived. I made our reservations 3 weeks in advance, & inquired about reserving a table in the bar for after dinner & offered to pay for the reserved table. While the bar manager said it wasn't possible, we kept our dinner reservation. We spent 1,000.00 on dinner for 12 of us; they would not let us into the bar without going outside, standing in line & paying cover-seriously? You had several opportunities to tell me your policy had changed. We won't be back-overpriced, meals wrong, service lacking, & saw the staff taking shots while working.Special Features:
- Great dinner! Loved the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014Great dinner! Loved the food & good service too. Will be a regular stop when in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was superb!winendineDined on 3/14/2014Our family celebrated our last night in Jackson with dinner at the Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse. We started with drinks upstairs in the bar, a quaint, rustic bar with saddles and knotty wood. Then we went downstairs for dinner in a cozy, mural encased dining area. The disco fries were delicious and steaks cooked to perfection. Our waiter was friendly and made sure our experience was a dinner to remember. At the end, the restaurant will also provide a stamp for free admission to any band that may be performing upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitingjularsonDined on 3/8/2014We were seated promptly, but had to wait a while for a server to show up with water. After that all was good.Special Features:
- Steak was fabulous - a lot3BestFriendsDined on 2/19/2014Steak was fabulous - a lot of food though - you could almost split a meal and walk away satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The $40 halibut was not very good though a generous portion. It did not taste fresh. The steaks were excellent, as was the ravioli appetizer. Wine list was also overpriced. Desserts were good. Generally, there were mostly overpriced entrees, especially since they did not includes salads, which were an additional $10. Dinner for three with one bottle of the lowest priced wines was close to $300. The dinner was not so wonderful as to warrant that price.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!CajunladyDined on 2/14/2014The food was to die for...melt in your mouth. I had the smoked buffalo prime rib and my husband, a steak expert, was very pleased with his buffalo ribeye. The service was great and they even went beyond by giving me a dining fork to go with my dessert, since they didn't have disposable!! Would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Venison lettuce wrapMargoDined on 2/8/2014We had Venison lettuce wrap appetizer. Delicious..flavorful bite size spiced bits of venison. Fantastic tasty salads (kale Caesar & argula beet/ cauliflower) & local beef. And flourless chocolate cake. Yum.. Gluten free..thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food below a classic placeNjGirlDined on 2/2/2014Really good. The steakhouse is downstairs from the historic bar. Much quieter there. Hubby & I split the tomahawk rib-eye, perfectly cooked med rare. We barely touched the sauces they served with it. My daughter & hubby split fried calamari for an app. They said it was good. Our server was awesome. She made great recommendations. The bar made the best White Russian I have ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksGreywolfVIPDined on 1/4/2014We got a last Minute reservation and got a great table at a booth. Worked great cause you could be a part of the restaurant but not be in the not so loud noise. Great steaks and my daughter loved the mashed potatoes. On the expensive side but worth it. Seasoned waitress was very helpful, knew the menu and very attentive for a busy restaurant. Great location in town too for walking around before/after. We would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgersJacksonHoleDined on 12/31/2013Ground from the trimmings of all their steaks you have a delicious burger and fries at a good price. Go early and sit in the bar for the Burger and Beer deal - a steal at $7Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.