323 E. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://milliokerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (414) 278-5999
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom menus available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining and event dining at Millioke can be custom tailored to the experience you are looking for. From the bottle room for smaller events, to he Jackson Street room for larger events, Millioke staff work with you to feature the best of our Midwestern cuisine for nearly any occasion
- Private Party Contact: Brent Brashier 4142785999x
- Entertainment: Special occasions only. Call us for more information
- Special Events: Wine and Beer dinners monthly featuring the best in local craft brewing and classic American wines paired with imaginative dishes from Chef Patrick Taylor.
A word from Millioke
The name "Milwaukee" comes from an Algonquian word Millioke, meaning "Good", "Beautiful" and "Pleasant Land" as the Milwaukee area was originally inhabited by the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Ho-Chunk (Winnebago) native American tribes. Millioke Meat Cheese and Beer is dedicated to the heritage within in its name. Millioke's Midwestern Cuisine is about foods true to the heartland featuring Wisconsin Dairy Products; cured smoked and grilled meats, and a variety of local favorite Craft Beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Millioke - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Millioke reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (12)special occasion (11)hot spot (9)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014While the food was good the service was disappointing. Upon arriving the group I was with ordered drinks but were told that it would be awhile before we could order our food because there was a "large group that was just now putting their order in". We told him that was fine and I asked for an app to hold us over. The waiter laughed and said "I am not putting any food in until after this party has gotten their food". Once the food came, it was great, however our group felt more like we were an inconvenience than guests in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere and foodAliciaDined on 11/6/2014Went for a co-worker Birthday lunch - first time for all to attend. Nice booth and table options for smaller groups to larger booths that could seat 8. Everyone really enjoyed their food - great sandwiches and salads. Service was excellent as well. Very eclectic open and bright room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I was looking for a new place to meet some of my friends for lunch to celebrate my birthday. After some research, I came across Millioke. I made a reservation for five people at noon. When I got there, we had been given one of the private side rooms. The service was great, food was amazing and the restaurant even surprised me with dessert for my party and me! None of the women I was with had been there before and we all had a fantastic time. I'm sure we will all be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bright!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Good food and cool place if they can figure out lighting. If looking for a romantic place bring your sunglasses! We asked for them to dim lights and they said they would but didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyPam082882Dined on 9/28/2014Had lunch here last Sunday with 3 friends. Food and service were great. Love the décor. However, there are multiple TVs and they were all blaring the Packer game. I get that people want to watch but the noise level was deafening and there were only a few tables of people at the time. Perhaps they could have clustered people who wanted to watch and turned the other TVs down or off? Will definitely go back though...the food is really good.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary to Us!AnnabelleDined on 9/21/2014We chose Millioke for our wedding anniversary dinner. We had no interest in Sunday night football so they gave us a private dining room. They also kindly offered us a complimentary glass of champagne to toast our special occasion. Via the butcher board we tried some new and different sausages charcuterie like goat salami (who knew!)...and the pickled rhubarb was to die for--absolutely perfect piquancy and crunch to accompany the meats and cheeses! The shooter desserts were a great smaller option though I opted for one of the creative cocktails for dessert. We would definitely come back w/ friends--especially to reserve the private dining room. So fun! Thanks for making our special dinner extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMaddieDined on 9/14/2014Everything was great.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSpecial Features:
- downtown spothate2cookVIPDined on 9/13/2014Small but good menu. Soups are always changing but seem the same. Good sandwiches, flat breads.Special Features:
- hmm....z726bethVIPDined on 8/31/2014Love the modern decor and it has a nice menu and the food is good. Our waiter needed much more training. The new Marriott that it's attached to is VERY nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Go!foodiefoodDined on 8/31/2014My family was in town for a quick visit and on a busy holiday weekend it was hard to find a place that was willing to take us without a reservation - enter Millioke! The wait staff could not have been friendlier or more welcoming! The food was outstanding - must try the pretzel bites, chicken wings, and trio of dips. If you want an excellent waitress - request Page! She is an absolute gem. Will definitely be going back!! Thanks for the awesome experience Millioke!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotmattmkeDined on 8/22/2014food was great, atmosphere was cool...great seating layout...big boothsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerConrackDined on 8/21/2014Interesting and varied menu, plus friendly and accommodating wait staff made for a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Small Gemsmgirl77Dined on 8/16/2014Loved the food but they advertise meat and cheese to fit in the feel of Wisconsin and was never offered that menu. Drink menu was varied and fun and the entrees were fantastic. My bacon and cheese parppadelle came out perfect with the best soft egg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Millioke but had bad outingSEP530VIPDined on 8/1/2014Normally like Millioke but had a bad experience this time. Side dish had hair in it, which I sent back but was not comp'd for item. Also, service was exceptionally slow this time.Special Features:
- The following 119 reviews are from the Millioke reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surprisedClarkVIPDined on 7/27/2014My wife and me had tickets for a show and choose this place due to its location. Great find! Food and service was very good. I was a little disappointed in the entrée selection, more toward the casual side but interesting versions of normal selections. I travel for a living and I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!iheartnumbersDined on 7/25/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience! Great service, expansive menu, great food and freshly decorated space. Won't take long for more people to discover this dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodLauraWDined on 7/25/2014First impression was wow, what a cool place! Loved the bar and bartender, and then our table of 8 was seated, and my positive impression continued. Friendly service and delicious food. Food was a nice array of lighter and full dinner fare and everyone enjoyed what they ordered.
- MilliokecpamadDined on 7/24/2014Right on Wisconsin ave and next to Starbucks what else would you need. Parking is a bit trouble some but could valet through hotel. Good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantHappyDinerDined on 7/9/2014This was my first visit to Millioke, and I really enjoyed it. The décor is simple but beautiful. I had the trout for dinner which was fabulous. I wanted to try everything on the menu. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome resturant!CinderDined on 6/20/2014we had a group of 8 and service was a little slow but they gave us a free app and dessert for the wait before we even noticed the food was late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014We had a fabulous lunch, taking advantage of the smoked options on the menu for our entrees after sampling the trio of dips to start off our meal. We were fortunate to be seated in one of the highly coveted small private dining alcoves which was truly a treat. The exposed brick and great bar accessible by both sides of the room are a plus. Highly recommend this jewel of a restaurant, great atmosphere and loved seeing all of the local Milwaukee/Wisconsin foods on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Balanced Downtown Dining MenuSnarfDined on 6/12/2014We went to Millioke on the last evening of downtown dining and so it was rather quiet. Service was very good as was the food - the 3 courses complemented each other well and the portion sizes were good to be able to enjoy them all. Only thing we found disconcerting was its advertised as a meat and beer establishment and so we were expecting slightly more rustic or pub-like décor. Instead its very much a modern feel. For some reason that just didn't seem to sit right with me based on the menu. Overall, had a great evening and really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OLDSTERDined on 6/12/2014DIFFERENT FOOD THEN WE ARE USED TO BUT VERY TASTY AND PRESENTED NICE. A LITTLE ON THE PRICEY SIDE FOR THE PORTIONS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have you been hidingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014With the hustle and bustle of downtown dining..... I went for lunch with a friend of mine and was pleasantly surprised not only with the menu but the ambience and the service and the attention to detail such as the place settings and promptness of service. I actually am a server at a fine dining restaurant downtown Milwaukee and because of my dining experience I have recommended your restaurant to many of the guests I wait on which is right down the street on Wisconsin Avenue. PS… I did not get downtown dining I enjoyed your regular lunch menu thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014We had a nice meal there as part of the Downtown dining week. Next time we'll try some of the other offerings on the menu. Overall the food was fine but not great. Server was very attentive and helpful. Thanks Emily.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely refurbished; good foodpianogirlDined on 6/11/2014We ate dinner at Millioke during the Downtown Dining event in June, 2014. Since it was a limited prix-fixe menu, I can only base my review on what was available to us for that evening. Our waiter was very attentive but not intrusive; my friend's trout entree was appealingly presented and cooked to perfection. My vegetable pot pie was good, but it could have been served in a slightly larger ramekin with more vegetables. Considering the $19 price in their regular restaurant menu, I thought it was a little overpriced. The salads were good and our dessert (chocolate mini-cake with a speck of bacon on the frosting) was quite good, too. I would definitely return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch choiceBaseballnutDined on 6/11/2014I tried this restaurant for the first time during DDW. I am so glad I did. Food was unbelievabley tasty--sandwich and chocolate dessert were best I have had in a long time and size was perfect. Waitstaff was exceptionally interactive...not just high-pitched glad to see you types, but asked questions in sincerity and responded to comments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average food.Enjoysavory3Dined on 6/11/2014Considering they were part of Downtown Dining week the food was served warm not hot and tasted very average...bland.
- RobbieDined on 6/10/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. Staff were very nice, and food really good! I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Fun restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014Went here for Milwaukee dining week and got salad, entree and desert for $35. Overall, great, creative food in a fun environment. I had trout that was fresh and perfectly cooked without any strong fishy taste. Salad with beets, heirloom tomatoes, and candied pecans was tremendous. The best part was the beer flight brewed for the restaurant by Lakefront Brewery. The Nitro Stout was tremendous. If you make reservations for a group of 4-6 ask for one of their booths or semi-private dining rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerMexicanaddictVIPDined on 6/9/2014Millioke has been on my list of places to try since they have been open the past year and it was a worth while trip. The food was amazing, recommend the ribs, had a great BBQ sauce on them. The two drinks I had were also very, very good...could actually taste the bourbon so you know they didn't go light on the booze. The only compliant was the layout of the place, very, very open so no real intimate feeling but if that's not what you are after, that you will be ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014I was not impressed with the food, specifically the sandwiches my group got. BBQ pork sandwich was a lot of pretzel bun with very little meat, sauce, or coleslaw. I would not order again. Chicken sandwich was dry, and again had very little on it. Great decor and ambience, but overall not impressed on the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs, ribs, ribsbeachtravelerDined on 6/8/2014We really enjoyed our first time visit to Millioke in the Marriott Hotel. There is valet parking available at the hotel entrance and there is a nice view of Wisconsin Avenue in the restaurant. We are always on the search for good bbq ribs and they did not disappoint...they were plentiful and a had a little bit of a nice kick to them. Very declious! It will definitely be a go back to restaurant for us! Additionally service was quite speedy.Special Features:
- arn02Dined on 6/8/2014We dined here specifically for downtown dining week, as we always like to choose new restaurants to try during this time. I appreciated the fact that there was a vegetarian option on that particular menu. Food was delicious and featured lots of local items. Our server was prompt, friendly and unobtrusive. I love the ambience of the restaurant the fact that there are lounge areas around the bar for anyone looking for an appetizer/drinks with friends with out having to be formal and sit at a table. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Awesome experience overallRedRaidazDined on 6/7/2014Can't wait to go back - food and drinks were exceptional. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good things and not so good things.stauffboyDined on 6/7/2014The design and overall look of the restaurant is great. The only thing I didn't like were the huge TVs placed throughout the restaurant. One at the bar is ok but not by the dining area. The beer list was rather good. The wine list was average. The ribs were great but the pasta fell short. The salad was a little small but the gazpacho was tasty. The banana dessert was delish but the chocolate cake was eh. Overall it was good but the price tag was little steep for what we got. Downtown Dining Week Deal? ($35 per entree+drinks -which they valued at $55) we felt a bit underwhelmed. I would for sure try the ribs again but if the price tag is over $55 for ribs, a small salad, and a few bites of dessert I won't be going anytime soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Food was delicious! Design of the restaurant is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par restaurantfrazibVIPDined on 6/6/20142nd time here and will be my last time. Went for Downtown Dining, 3 course lunch. Salad was tiny, ingredients didn't match what was said on the menu. Sandwich was very low quality for all in my group. Dessert was good. The food here is just average.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2014Service was uneven and the food was average at best. The portions were on the small side, and during the first course the salad came without any dressing at all. On the plus side, the restaurant does have a good local beer selection.
- Best Turkey Burger!!!!SometimesSushiVIPDined on 5/25/2014The Alternative Burger (turkey patty) is in a class of it's own, cooked to perfection with carefully chosen ingredients. I would go back again solely for this---and this is coming from someone who doesn't even really like turkey burgers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.