92 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.millesimenyc.com/
- Phone: 2128897100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am - 11am Saturday and Sunday 7am - 11:30am Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am - 3pm (Served in our Salon) Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alan Ashkinaze
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We warmly invite our guests to join us downstairs at Salon Millesime, where celebrated local D.J's, jazz trios and soloists are featured Wednesday - Friday nights. Please visit our website to view our weekly musical line-up.
- Special Events: Millesime is the perfect venue for a special event. We can accommodate groups of 10 to 1000. Whether you a re planning an intimate dinner for your closest friends, a business event or a celebration for several hundred, we offer one of the most beautiful spaces in NYC. Please contact Justine Hah at email@example.com for more information
- Cross Street: 29th Street
- Public Transit: 6 TRAIN (28th Street Station); N/R/W TRAINS (28th Street Station / Broadway); M102 and M103 to 28th Street
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: GARAGES NEARBY: Park Right Garage: 29th Street (Park Ave. / Madison Ave) Excellent Parking: 29th Street (3rd Ave. / Lexington)
A word from Millesime
The menu draws its inspiration from the classic seafood dishes found throughout France, and features fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from local waters and nearby farms. Dishes are prepared with straightforward French cooking techniques and bold flavors in a surrounding that is reminiscent of the great cafes of Paris. Red banquets, a marble raw bar and an open kitchen provide an unpretentious but sophisticated experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Millesime reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)romantic (9)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We came here for my birthday, and it wasn't very crowded at all. They were very accommodating with all of our requests. The oysters are amazing, and the hazelnut chocolate dessert bar was to die for! I would also recommend the chicken fricasse dish for anyone who wants to share. It is very romantic, and a great find in an area that is close to Herald Square.Special Features:
- Best service ever!!!eyemanDined on 8/23/2014Ask that Katia be your server! The best, most personable service I've ever experienced in a first class restaurant. The food was better than very good. The environment is elegant and beautiful. I was a bit surprised at how empty the restaurant was on a Saturday night. I could see no reason for that. But from the gracious hostess to the outstanding wait service, right on to the bus service, I've never experience such charming helpfulness in what, based on appearance alone, would be a first class, snobby, super elegant restaurant. They truly make you feel like a special guest in an exclusive club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Punch Brunch Lives Up to NameAKenDined on 8/23/2014Our group of 3 enjoyed the unlimited Punch Brunch...possibly too much. The portion sizes were a little small to soak up all the alcohol before we ventured back out into the city, so we asked if they had any rolls to go with the jam sitting on the table. They did, but we found out later the rolls that were brought to the table were $12...not sure we would have ordered that if we'd known what we were getting for the cost. The Croque Madame was reliably delicious, however, and the Lemon Rosemary punch was divine.Special Features:
- Great birthday brunch!omnomDined on 8/3/2014Three of my friends took me out to celebrate my 21st birthday here for brunch and it was wonderful! It has this sort of Parisian vibe with the interior (there was a quite large replica of the Eiffel tower) and it worked (I was surprised). The food was amazing, they comped a dessert for my birthday, the waitress was extremely nice, and they even let us move to the table we wanted when it became free after we placed our orders. There's a balcony area overlooking the lobby and it's beautiful. I'd recommend sitting there if you go to Millesime, if you can, that's where we moved to. It's has a somewhat removed feel, which makes it great for small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSaraVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were pleasantly surprised just how good the food was -- everything my husband and I had was delicious as well as nicely presented. The service started out strong but then our server kind of disappeared the last 1/3 of our meal. (The restaurant was almost empty so this was particularly odd unless the server was working the party in the bar 1 level below the restaurant). We were given dessert menus and were ready to order desserts and tea, but by the time the server returned to us some 15 minutes later we had decided we were too full and skipped it.Special Features:
- Wonderful seafooddebdinesoutVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times over the past few years, and it has had its ups and downs. The tables overlooking the ornate hotel (originally a bank) lobby are great. The service recently was excellent, and I had the best dish I have ever eaten at Millesime: Fluke stuffed with a herb mousse. It was outstanding. My husband loves the crab meat cocktail (expensive, but worth it, he says). The desserts are also good. This is a great place for a special treat, and they did treat us like special guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMikeDVIPDined on 7/18/2014A pleasant surprise......the food is conversation stopping and the overall experience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Millesimie for BrunchME87FoodieDined on 7/13/2014Was looking for a Boozy Brunch in Midtown, and this did not disappoint. We went on a sunday, and I was surprised how empty it was, but we were in a rush and got great service, and it was the world cup finals, so it was all good. We were given our drink pitchers so getting a refill was not an issue. Truly bottomless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Pleasant AmbianceMikeDVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was fantastic......pleasant environment...nice space between tables...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and lightingGreenBayPackerfeverVIPDined on 6/19/2014Visited for my 30 bday. The food was good the service even better! Katy was our server and she was great! Ambiance is fantastic. Good place for date night or relaxing with cocktails.Special Features:
- GregVIPDined on 6/14/2014I'm not sure why this restaurant doesn't score more 5 star ratings on OT. It was truly outstanding. The food was great; service was attentive and professional and the setting was tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy eleganceGOODSTUFFVIPDined on 6/6/2014This place has very cozy booths, great for a first date or quiet dinner. Food is always great the service is wonderful. They have very good signature drinks and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itHotCoupleDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed the tuna appetizer and the french fries. The service was terrific. For once the tables were not jam-packed right next to eat other. We could actually move comfortably and didn't have to shout at each other to be heard.Special Features:
- BrunchBrunchgirlsDined on 5/18/2014Loved this! Food was delicious, Sangira was AMAZING, and I love the ambiance of the place. My group was so happy I picked it for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Beautiful setting, brunch punch great very slow inattentive service, portions small. I ordered sausage and eggs, the eggs were the consistency of plastic. Would give it one more try and sit near the barSpecial Features:
- Food great, service meh (at best)ChampagnetasteVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day that at my request. Restaurant was basically empty. We were seated at a lovely table overlooking the hotel lobby. We sat, and we sat, and we sat and then someone brought us water. Eventually our waitress sauntered over. We ordered a glass of rose sparkling & 2 iced teas. Took forever. Maybe she was annoyed because we were ordering ala carte rather than the Punch Brunch?Ordered food immediately. Sparkling was flat-I took it to the bar for a replacement. Food came out in a timely manner delivered by efficient runners- fantastic. I was disappointed in the lackluster, unenthusiastic, completely bored server. Too bad. Maybe we will try it again but will all the restaurants in NY . . . we will see.Special Features:
- The following 347 reviews are from the Millesime reviews archive.
- Punch BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Although the Brunch menu had changed slightly from what was advertised online with slightly different food options and a slightly mor expensive price I would highly recommend Millesime. The food and punch was great and the servers were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedBruceVIPDined on 4/18/2014Not much on atmosphere, and I didn't realize it was a "hotel restaurant" but I have to say the food quality was excellent. The halibut I had was prepared about as good as I have ever had. Each of our dishes (& courses) did not dissapoint. Wine list was short but ample & fairly priced. Glad I tried!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisVIPDined on 4/16/2014Enjoyed the meal and our waiter was a gem. Get a seat away from the bar as it can get a bit loud if you have the young crown having fun.Special Features:
- Favorite brunch spotBGallDined on 4/12/2014A friend and I were looking for a fun spot to have bottomless brunch and we discovered a total gem! Millesime was incredible: the food was delicious, the staff was friendly, and music was excellent. Both of us agreed this was going to be our go-to spot to take guests from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but quietSls1Dined on 3/22/2014The food was very good and the server was friendly. Dinner was oddly quiet. It was nice to be able to talk to my girlfriend but didn't necessarily make for a very vibrant atmosphere. Maybe this is more of a brunch spot, I'm not sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceNycgalVIPDined on 3/10/2014Visit at least once a month. Dollar oysters, great service, Delicious fish. Consistant delivery you can count onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here for punch brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2014Came here for punch brunch and was very happy with my experience. The food was very good and the punch was delicious. They poured prosecco into the punch which was a pleasant surprise and added some bubbly to the drinks. Overall we had a great time and highly recommend this place for a booze brunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunch!olivianycDined on 3/9/2014Great brunch special and wonderful dining experience. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good brunch deal that is not crowded or noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, and great bottomlessBrunchDivaDined on 3/8/2014Great Food, and great bottomless brunch, I recommend it :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchBrunchfordaysDined on 2/23/2014My friends and I had a lovely time at brunch. The unlimited brunch punch was great and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the basket of baked goods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AYCD BrunchElismithDined on 2/23/2014Gorgeous restaurant and its huge! The set-up is a little strange because getting the maitre d's attention was awkward and weird. There's no clear place of where to go when you arrive- odd entrance. However, once we were seated the waiters are pretty friendly. I was surprised when we chose the aycd punch brunch that they brought us our own individual pitcher (per person)! Awesome but I think they took it to mean to only check on the table once an hour- biggest qualm. Might have ordered more food, but it was really odd. Food was good- nothing stellar but decent. I would definitely go again because as time went on the place got busier (never full) but I definitely noticed people ordering the burger A LOT. Can't wait to try the place again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Feb 14SandyyorkerDined on 2/22/2014Great location just 7 minute walk from Empire State Building. Great food and wine. Only problem was that the live music downstairs, on this occasion, was a rock band that was way too loud. Our party couldn't hear ourselves talk and waitress couldn't hear our order. We did ask if this was usual, which we were assured was not and everyone was very apologetic but because of the noise our experience was marred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Punch brunch heavenCmhgVIPDined on 2/15/2014Went for Saturday punch brunch and was expecting somewhat of a rushed and maybe even rude service. But I was so pleasantly surprised. The staff was wonderful! From the hostess who passed by and smiled each time, to our waitress who was sweet and very attentive, the servers who were courteous and say and the busboys who also had a very positive attitude and were great. Overall I would love to come back for a fun breakfast that is not too loud but has fun music and sets your weekend off to a great start. The food was fine, nothing bad to complain about, but wasn't like "wow". The decor of the restaurant is very very nice. Overall I think the staff makes this place even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014This place is by far the most stunning place I've eaten in , in a while. It's expensive though.... 3 people x valentine day menu ( I was not aware I had to only order from this menu) 80 pp one bottle of wine (35.00) total bill $400.00... Wow!!! They did give each lady a rose and took your coat at the table but for that price tag... I can only go for extreme special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDJS123VIPDined on 2/9/2014We thought we were going for a boozy brunch scene, but when we got there we were the only people in the restaurant under 50. It felt a little stuffy and was very bright. However, the food was very good (one of the best French Onion Soups I have had in NYC).Special Features:
- great findPreorAfterTheatreVIPDined on 2/7/2014Unfortunately the restaurant was almost empty, which I hope does not mean problems. It was wonderful food, wine and great service. A lovely spot. This was my first visit. I really liked it and will go back. It has original tiffany glass dome roof in area and also mosaic floors. It has lots of nooks and crannies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!!jj7madridDined on 2/2/2014Wonderful service and food. Unlimited brunch punch is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always good hereSacollins982Dined on 2/1/2014The food is always good here and I would recommend punch brunch to anyone, especially the short rib sandwich. The only thing was the service. I went with a friend this past weekend and while the food came out right away, our server was running back and forth for this other large rowdy table right next to us. We were only able to get one pitcher of the delicious cranberry vodka punch, and then were told that they ran out, all while trying to get the waiters attention for another one! I was not a happy camper after that seeing as the price is fixed on "unlimited drinks". They did give us 2 mimosa each after a complaint was made, however one of the reasons I was going back was for the punch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad overallRyryanVIPDined on 1/31/2014Awful service, watered down cocktails and noise levels were ridiculously loud
- Great brunch!AchandraVIPDined on 1/25/2014For $29 each, you can have a great bunch with a punch bowl. Trust that these punch bowls pack more than you think upon first taste. Moreover, they don't taste overly alcoholic like most punches which is nice (though dangerous, but what's brunch without tons of alcohol really?). The food was good - enjoyed the eggs benedict. Would definitely go back and recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchWattsDined on 1/19/2014Fantastic. The waitress was wonderful and the manager came around and asked if we were having a great time. She even apologized for the "sad" music that wasn't sad at all. I will definitely come back. It was worth $29 for the Punch Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantcdalyDined on 1/18/2014We chose this restaurant based on their website...it looked quiet (for NY) and lovely and it was! Food was wonderful and service outstanding.Special Features:
- excellent punch brunch :)mpettVIPDined on 1/18/2014we had both punches, the food was tasty, and our server was excellent about filling up the punch again before we even asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- millesimeharriDined on 1/17/2014The waiter was late in arriving, the bartender did not know what an Aperol Spritz was and instead of saying so, he sent over a drink that had nothing to do with what I asked for and the "bouillabaisse" was not, it was some steamed shellfish. Also, they were conducting food tastings for people who were booking the restaurant for events in the same area as diners trying to eat dinner. The flamboyant planner kept getting up and showing where people were to dance, etc.