612 Stewart St
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://millersguild.com/
- Phone: 2064433663x
- Hours of Operation:
8:00am - 12:00am Monday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to Miller's Guild, let us take Chef Jason Wilson's Award-Winning wood-fired cooking to you. Miller's Guild catering will begin in spring 2014.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for up to 14 in the Sidebar room with full audio-visual capabilities. Large parties can also be accommodated in a semi-private area in the dining room. If you have a larger group, inquire about our urban event space that can accommodate up to 125 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Kosseff 2064433363x
A word from Miller's Guild
Located in the Historic Hotel Max Miller’s Guild is built around a 9 foot long, custom made wood-fired grill. James Beard Award Winning Chef Jason Wilson has crafted a menu featuring seventy five-day dry-aged beef, nose to tail butchery, and rustic baked goods that highlights the unique flavors from the grill. Carrying on the theme, Miller’s Guild also features craft cocktails made with spirits finished in oak casks suspended above the bar. The wine list will feature carefully crafted wines from the Pacific Northwest and beyond that represent excellent value across all price ranges.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Miller's Guild - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Miller's Guild reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)special occasion (56)hot spot (42)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (24)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (18)romantic (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cooked to orderPdxVisitsSeaDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Miller's Guild. We were in town for a work event that coincided with my husband's birthday. My husband loves a steakhouse and I was excited that Miller's Guild was all about meat but not a stereotypical steakhouse. The homemade focaccia was devine. I ordered the Wagyu steak, medium-rare. It was cooked on the rare side but was flavorful and cut like butter. My husband ordered the NY steak medium but it came out well. We ordered a side of fried brussel sprouts that I wish I could recreate. For dessert, gluten free snickers! So happy they had a GF option and it was delicious! The open fire "inferno" was very cool. Our server was friendly and the ambiance was lively. We had a nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This place was good when it opened, but has gone down hill. This was my 3rd time there for brunch and needless to say I am never going back. The food was terrible, the sausage was gristly and not cooked, the bavette steak was unseasoned, not a good cut of meat, and under cooked. Even the biscuits were terrible and I had really liked on previous occasions.
- Good, get ready for meat sweats!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Nice restaurant...but make sure you ask for medium if you want it med rare, as the meat was rare! Wine list is very good. Dinner menu is not cheap but the food is very good. The atmosphere has a really cool vibe...Special Features:
- Carnivorous Delicious-nessurbangardengirlDined on 8/14/2014Jason Wilson delivers on your most meaty fantasies in this ultra luxe carnivores paradise. Sure they also serve vegetables and you can probably even survive just eating just those delicious morsels. However, the center of focus is definitely the protein. All else is accouterment to the cacophony of carnivorous delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianaVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent Food and Presentation. Service was a little slow.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDRWisgreatVIPDined on 8/12/2014I have heard good things about this restaurant, but my experience was not close to the hype. The service was pretentious and were annoyed when I expressed concerns about my drink. While I understand this place is known for grilling meat, I was in from out of town and wanted some good seafood. Don't put anything on the menu that you cannot execute well. The grillmaster somehow cooked the flavor out of my Salmon and the succotash was overwhelmed with dill and a flavor I could not figure out. Even the bread left a big spot of grease on my plate and hands. Maybe your experience was better, but mine was the pits.
- Great prefunk for ParamountOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Mario, our server, took great care if us. A meat lover's paradise, although the wild salmon was also enjoyed at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doctorfoodieDined on 8/5/2014Sat outside on a gorgeous Seattle summer night, watching the local downtown scene go by. The food--scallops for me and steak for my wife were delicious. Terrific service and atmosphere make the steep price worth it. Money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Great steak house with interesting and delicious sides. Service was very good. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful space, left disappointedKlyneaDined on 8/4/2014Entree arrived before appetizers... Ordered med-rare but came out blue-rare. Ignored by server and was never able to aquire a second glass of wine or to discuss re-firing the steak. When I commented about our steak being left to sit white we enjoyed our apps, server said 'when you said you wanted everything at once, I assumed that's what you meant.' Rude! We said 'we are sharing' and that is it. Comped steak which is nice but would have rather re-fired, enjoyed some wine, and been able to eat our entree! Beautiful flavor.. You could tell it would have been tasty.Special Features:
- Limited menuDeliaDined on 8/4/2014very few vegetarian dishes - most items on the menu were calorie and fat heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreaming of Brussels (the sprouts)BloomgirlDined on 8/3/2014I loved this place. It had a cool Vibe and the food was awesome. It was expensive but well worth it for the quality and the unique spot. I woke up dreaming about the roasted Brussels sprouts. There is a nice selection of steak and cuts large for sharing and sides are family style so it was fun for our children who have a very good palette and appreciated the bits of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top but proud of itSeattleexplorerDined on 8/3/2014Great service, fabulous BBQ king crab, chicken marsala, beef short ribs and salads. Only issue is they're quite proud of all of it ...$98 for 6 king crab legs? But for a special occasion it's quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye ever!WallasweetVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our party shared the 40 oz 82- day aged ribeye. It was the best steak we've ever had. Everything we ordered was excellent. The only criticism was the comfort of the chairs, which were hard short and uncomfortable. We finally were able to get a different chair from the communal table which was more cushioned. Drinks were excellent, but dainty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.NWEaterDined on 8/1/2014The best scallops I have ever eaten. Sweetbread appetizer was amazing too. My wife had the short rib and finished it. Very rare. Service could not have been better. Ambiance was lively and fun. Stay away from the tables near the fire out though. Too hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchRod12Dined on 8/1/2014Nice place. Tasty food, pleasant servers and ambiance. It's not evident from the menu online, but it appears the house speciality is massive (48oz) speciality steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodaddiktDined on 7/29/2014Great find! Will definitely dine there again. Server was knowledgeable about the menu. Had great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placegoodfoodDined on 7/27/2014I've been several times and they always hit it out of the park!Special Features:
- Had a Great Time!ScottieB206Dined on 7/26/2014I went to Miller's Guild with my wife for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. The food was excellent and the service was fantastic. It was a little louder than I would have preferred due to a large party near by but we had a blast. The food was expensive as most steak houses are but we really enjoyed our evening making it well worth it. Overall, we had a great experience and would definitely recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fiery first time dinnerDrKoobVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had never been to Miller's Guild but had heard the owner interviewed on Seattle Kitchens radio show. If you love meat, this is the place. They have an "infeirno" which is one of the biggest indoor fire grilles I have ever seen. We started with two outstanding cocktails some focaccia bread with lardo (a touch greasy) and a shaved kale salad with a huge, grilled sausage on it. Superb salad. My bride had a bavette steak and I had short ribs. We ordered two sides (bacon/ham mac and cheese and fried brussell sprouts with a harissa aioli. It was a huge ton of food and every single bit of it was cooked to perfection. Can't wait to go back. BTW: It is spendy. Dinner for two with drinks (no dessert) was $145 but I still think a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So damn goodChambaDined on 7/26/2014We were visiting Seattle from Vancouver. Hotel staff recommended this place. We liked it so much, we came back our second night in town - no need to try anywhere else this visit!Special Features:
- Best steak in seattleMmmmsteaklovers88Dined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, excellent sides - sauces are really well made. Pork chop was excellent. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat nirvanaMrBadBankDined on 7/18/2014we visited on a Friday night reservation at 7 pm. sat at table directly in front of the grill/fire. after about 20 minutes i took off my sport coat. I would suggest not sitting in front of the fire unless its colder weather. it was loud. hard to hear the person across from me. I had an old raj and dolin dry martini. sweetbreads. 82 day aged 32 oz steak, brussel sprouts and a bottle of Ontanon Rioja which is temparnillo. the steak came on a cutting board with roasted bone marrow and aioli made from the fat drippings. the bread came with pork lardo instead of butter. nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRainCityChickDined on 7/17/2014Great food at Miller's Guild--our group sampled the chicken (quite tender); quiche (hot from the oven!) and crab salad (lots of crabmeat).We had planned a leisurely lunch, so were OK with the speed of service. If you are having a biz lunch in a shorter than 1.5 hour time frame, let the waitstaff know ahead of time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingFlyhighVIPDined on 7/13/2014Read a newspaper review of this restaurant which was good. The experience was average and nothing special, given interior and the food/service. I felt we did not get value for cost.Special Features:
- FoodampDined on 7/12/2014The short rib with horseradish sauce was amazing! A great place for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendHappyDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent. Definitely will come back!
- DINNERjimandbabsDined on 7/10/2014Tough steaks, fatty spare ribs, noisy and very pricey...NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE
- A Second Wonderful MealMaggieVIPDined on 7/9/2014I just ate at Miller's Guild for the second time. Once again it was outstanding. The sides are scrumptious, especially the kale salad and brussel sprouts. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- Favorite steak house in Seattle!RichierichDined on 7/9/2014Every night they bring in dry aged steaks with the bone in and put them on the butcher block for selection. I always go for a nice NY Strip and am never disappointed. If you get there later you might be limited to the steaks in the menu which are good as well. One of the best sides are the fried Brussels Sprouts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeattlefoodieDined on 7/8/2014I have eaten here once before for dinner. This time was for lunch and it was not a great experience. The service was very slow. We waited more than 10-15 minutes to get the wine we ordered to begin with. Thankfully we had a lot of catching up to do so we enjoyed each other's company while waiting and wondering when our wine would ever come. The noise level is loud. It was difficult to hear our conversations. The food was good, not fabulous. There is a lot of competition in town. Miller's Guild better get it together or folks will be finding other places to enjoy a meal.
- Beef Short Rib Disappears!OdfgwtfVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have been making this a weekly visit. This week we were presented the beef short rib which we have been ordering each time. We were warned by the waiter that the size was smaller but the menu did say 14 oz. The only way what we received would be 14 oz is if someone had their hand on the scale while weighing. In comparison to what we have been receiving this was almost laughable, an appetizer portion maybe, for well over the cost before. I really hate it when such changes are made after you are hooked, raise the price, but don't change the entree. I know it is all about money so I will be taking mine somewhere else far more often now. I just wish I had taken a photo so the point could be made that way.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014I had been here before and it was great. My brother was in town and I wanted to treat him to a special meal. There were five of us and the service and food were excellent. Even better than I remembered.Special Features:
- FantasticAWisemanDined on 6/28/2014Between the scallops and smoked NY Strip, my husband and I had one of the best meals of our lives at Milller's Guild. We were given the choice to sit at the inferno bar and took the chance. At first it was too hot but we moved down to the side and it was perfect - I highly recommend being right in the middle of the action! I think I was drooling the whole time we watched everyone's food being prepared - but I don't care.Special Features:
- Great food, kinda noisy.JaneSDined on 6/27/2014Great food, kinda noisy. The waiter was nice but not overly friendly. The steak was a-mazing as was the curried cauliflower!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExpectationsSvickovaDined on 6/27/2014My first visit to Miller's Guild met expectations, and more. The food was delicious, served beautifully and quickly. The service was attentive and professional... The beef is the draw, however we're very happy with starters and a fine glass of wine. Will definitely return and try something new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place & great foodfoodwineguyDined on 6/24/2014This is my 4th time I've enjoyed lunch or dinner at Miller's Guild. It is a great place to meet friends for great food & wine. We can't wait to go back and try out something different on the menu.Special Features:
- Fabulous food needs equal wine listEatoutalotDined on 6/20/2014The dinner was outstanding and after terrific original cocktails we wanted to order a bottle of wine from Walla Walla. All 3 we chose were unavailable and all they could offer was wine by the glass from there. Too bad given red wine and steak are a no brainer. Some more details: The sweetbreads, brussel sprouts, and grilled romaine were all excellent but the fire roasted beets came sliced and they must have been running out because we hardly got one full beet. Also the desert with chocolate straws was ruined by them as they were covering the cake and resembled sawdust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014Have been here twice. The first time for happy hour. Had a good experience. The second time for a late Saturday lunch. The service was slow and overall unresponsive. I had the Wagyu burger. It was overcooked and the bun was spongy/stale. Overall, however, Millers Guild is 1 for 2 and has a good atmosphere. So we will give it a third try. But this time will be the tiebreaker.
- Great Celebration Meal!kathDined on 6/13/2014Our meal was fun and fantastic - I especially love the vegetable sides. The mushrooms were flavorful and special - good to share. They would be too rich to finish alone. The cauliflower curry rivals any curry in Seattle. Scallops browned beautifully and short ribs fell off the bone. Non-alcoholic cocktail was refreshing and special. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.