612 Stewart St
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://millersguild.com/
- Phone: 2064433663x
- Hours of Operation:
8:00am - 12:00am Monday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to Miller's Guild, let us take Chef Jason Wilson's Award-Winning wood-fired cooking to you. Miller's Guild catering will begin in spring 2014.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for up to 14 in the Sidebar room with full audio-visual capabilities. Large parties can also be accommodated in a semi-private area in the dining room. If you have a larger group, inquire about our urban event space that can accommodate up to 125 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Kosseff 2064433363x
A word from Miller's Guild
Located in the Historic Hotel Max Miller’s Guild is built around a 9 foot long, custom made wood-fired grill. James Beard Award Winning Chef Jason Wilson has crafted a menu featuring seventy five-day dry-aged beef, nose to tail butchery, and rustic baked goods that highlights the unique flavors from the grill. Carrying on the theme, Miller’s Guild also features craft cocktails made with spirits finished in oak casks suspended above the bar. The wine list will feature carefully crafted wines from the Pacific Northwest and beyond that represent excellent value across all price ranges.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Miller's Guild - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Miller's Guild reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)special occasion (51)hot spot (44)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (17)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Service and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014The pork chop rocks. Scallops and steak were good too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatsChrisCraftsDined on 9/13/2014Perfect for a group of foodies. The Butcher sheet is delectable, with many wonderful choices. But, the real shining stars, are the dry aged cuts for groups. Rib Eyes, and New York to 300 oz that are exquisitely served on a wood cutting board to be shared with everyone at the table. The service was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great steaks!Velma716Dined on 9/13/2014we had the smoked NY steaks. they were excellent - one of the best steaks I have ever had. the food quality and presentation was excellent. the wines were excellent. a very enjoyable dinner indeed.Special Features:
- Amazing wood fire oven!KageyfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Lovely atmosphere, delicious, creative food, and friendly, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Firepitdiner007Dined on 9/10/2014is huge. dry-aged steaks are the way to go. tried the smoked ny - the smoky taste was overkill for me but very interesting. great sides and service was helpful and informed. it is really about meat but enjoyed the watermelon/cucumber salad. in house foccacia was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchfoodwineguyDined on 9/3/2014I recently met my two financial advisors at Miller's Guild for lunch. This is a great place for lunch and a little business conversation. Miller's Guild will probably become the spot for our quarterly reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverRJG6Dined on 8/30/2014They make the best steak.....and the Brussell sprouts are a MUST have! Amazing food!Special Features:
- Fantasticmjr123Dined on 8/30/2014Rare to go to a Seattle Restaurant and come away saying Wow that is one of the best places we have been in a long time. Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Not surprising since it is Jason from Crush. We said the same thing when we visited Crush for the first time years ago. Way to go Jason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak that melts in your mouth!DiningdeliciouslyDined on 8/30/2014We ordered two steaks, New Yorks, and they were out of this world! The steaks were cooked perfectly to order, seasoned beautifully, and were the best steak I have ever eaten. We had two sides, fries and Brussel sprouts. The Brussel sprouts were roasted and charred, they came with a dipping sauce but I squeezed the charred lemon all over them and they were simply out of this world. Pricey? I think we got what we paid for and we will definitely be going back there next time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- albeeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding food, service and ambiance. Our waiter couldn't have been more professional and helpful and every bite was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could give food 4 syarsccccDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I came for brunch. I had the wagyu burger which was perfect and super flavourful (highly recommended) but the fried chicken was a huge disappointment and the way it was handled was also lacking. The outside parts of the chicken was cooked perfectly but when it was cut in half, the inside was completely raw. We sent it back but all they did was re-fry the two pieces of cut chicken. Results: overcooked chicken that was dark and tough. Honestly, we expected more from a much vaunted restaurant as Miller's Guild. It's particularly disappointing since it was our first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic, great ambiance and foodtravellingfoodieDined on 8/28/2014We have known Chef Jason since he opened Crush and were excited to try his new restaurant in Seattle. The restaurant has a warm and inviting atmosphere both from the staff upon entering to the ability to sit at the grill and watch everything being prepared before your very eyes. Everything was perfectly prepared from the double cut pork chop to the smoked rib eye...the fries (extra crispy) and spinach were lovely. The wine list was well balanced and even had beautiful magnums for larger crowds. We would go back when we visit Seattle next time.Special Features:
- Cooked to orderPdxVisitsSeaDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Miller's Guild. We were in town for a work event that coincided with my husband's birthday. My husband loves a steakhouse and I was excited that Miller's Guild was all about meat but not a stereotypical steakhouse. The homemade focaccia was devine. I ordered the Wagyu steak, medium-rare. It was cooked on the rare side but was flavorful and cut like butter. My husband ordered the NY steak medium but it came out well. We ordered a side of fried brussel sprouts that I wish I could recreate. For dessert, gluten free snickers! So happy they had a GF option and it was delicious! The open fire "inferno" was very cool. Our server was friendly and the ambiance was lively. We had a nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small menu. Great foodcherylscarletVIPDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately we were with a group that was not interested in sharing the 60oz steak, but the menu options were limiting. However eveythign was very tasty!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/17/2014This place was good when it opened, but has gone down hill. This was my 3rd time there for brunch and needless to say I am never going back. The food was terrible, the sausage was gristly and not cooked, the bavette steak was unseasoned, not a good cut of meat, and under cooked. Even the biscuits were terrible and I had really liked on previous occasions.
- Good, get ready for meat sweats!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Nice restaurant...but make sure you ask for medium if you want it med rare, as the meat was rare! Wine list is very good. Dinner menu is not cheap but the food is very good. The atmosphere has a really cool vibe...Special Features:
- Carnivorous Delicious-nessurbangardengirlDined on 8/14/2014Jason Wilson delivers on your most meaty fantasies in this ultra luxe carnivores paradise. Sure they also serve vegetables and you can probably even survive just eating just those delicious morsels. However, the center of focus is definitely the protein. All else is accouterment to the cacophony of carnivorous delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianaVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent Food and Presentation. Service was a little slow.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDRWisgreatVIPDined on 8/12/2014I have heard good things about this restaurant, but my experience was not close to the hype. The service was pretentious and were annoyed when I expressed concerns about my drink. While I understand this place is known for grilling meat, I was in from out of town and wanted some good seafood. Don't put anything on the menu that you cannot execute well. The grillmaster somehow cooked the flavor out of my Salmon and the succotash was overwhelmed with dill and a flavor I could not figure out. Even the bread left a big spot of grease on my plate and hands. Maybe your experience was better, but mine was the pits.
- Great prefunk for ParamountOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Mario, our server, took great care if us. A meat lover's paradise, although the wild salmon was also enjoyed at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doctorfoodieDined on 8/5/2014Sat outside on a gorgeous Seattle summer night, watching the local downtown scene go by. The food--scallops for me and steak for my wife were delicious. Terrific service and atmosphere make the steep price worth it. Money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Great steak house with interesting and delicious sides. Service was very good. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful space, left disappointedKlyneaDined on 8/4/2014Entree arrived before appetizers... Ordered med-rare but came out blue-rare. Ignored by server and was never able to aquire a second glass of wine or to discuss re-firing the steak. When I commented about our steak being left to sit white we enjoyed our apps, server said 'when you said you wanted everything at once, I assumed that's what you meant.' Rude! We said 'we are sharing' and that is it. Comped steak which is nice but would have rather re-fired, enjoyed some wine, and been able to eat our entree! Beautiful flavor.. You could tell it would have been tasty.Special Features:
- Limited menuDeliaDined on 8/4/2014very few vegetarian dishes - most items on the menu were calorie and fat heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreaming of Brussels (the sprouts)BloomgirlDined on 8/3/2014I loved this place. It had a cool Vibe and the food was awesome. It was expensive but well worth it for the quality and the unique spot. I woke up dreaming about the roasted Brussels sprouts. There is a nice selection of steak and cuts large for sharing and sides are family style so it was fun for our children who have a very good palette and appreciated the bits of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top but proud of itSeattleexplorerDined on 8/3/2014Great service, fabulous BBQ king crab, chicken marsala, beef short ribs and salads. Only issue is they're quite proud of all of it ...$98 for 6 king crab legs? But for a special occasion it's quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye ever!WallasweetVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our party shared the 40 oz 82- day aged ribeye. It was the best steak we've ever had. Everything we ordered was excellent. The only criticism was the comfort of the chairs, which were hard short and uncomfortable. We finally were able to get a different chair from the communal table which was more cushioned. Drinks were excellent, but dainty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.NWEaterDined on 8/1/2014The best scallops I have ever eaten. Sweetbread appetizer was amazing too. My wife had the short rib and finished it. Very rare. Service could not have been better. Ambiance was lively and fun. Stay away from the tables near the fire out though. Too hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchRod12Dined on 8/1/2014Nice place. Tasty food, pleasant servers and ambiance. It's not evident from the menu online, but it appears the house speciality is massive (48oz) speciality steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodaddiktDined on 7/29/2014Great find! Will definitely dine there again. Server was knowledgeable about the menu. Had great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placegoodfoodDined on 7/27/2014I've been several times and they always hit it out of the park!Special Features:
- Had a Great Time!ScottieB206Dined on 7/26/2014I went to Miller's Guild with my wife for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. The food was excellent and the service was fantastic. It was a little louder than I would have preferred due to a large party near by but we had a blast. The food was expensive as most steak houses are but we really enjoyed our evening making it well worth it. Overall, we had a great experience and would definitely recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fiery first time dinnerDrKoobVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had never been to Miller's Guild but had heard the owner interviewed on Seattle Kitchens radio show. If you love meat, this is the place. They have an "infeirno" which is one of the biggest indoor fire grilles I have ever seen. We started with two outstanding cocktails some focaccia bread with lardo (a touch greasy) and a shaved kale salad with a huge, grilled sausage on it. Superb salad. My bride had a bavette steak and I had short ribs. We ordered two sides (bacon/ham mac and cheese and fried brussell sprouts with a harissa aioli. It was a huge ton of food and every single bit of it was cooked to perfection. Can't wait to go back. BTW: It is spendy. Dinner for two with drinks (no dessert) was $145 but I still think a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So damn goodChambaDined on 7/26/2014We were visiting Seattle from Vancouver. Hotel staff recommended this place. We liked it so much, we came back our second night in town - no need to try anywhere else this visit!Special Features:
- Best steak in seattleMmmmsteaklovers88Dined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, excellent sides - sauces are really well made. Pork chop was excellent. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat nirvanaMrBadBankDined on 7/18/2014we visited on a Friday night reservation at 7 pm. sat at table directly in front of the grill/fire. after about 20 minutes i took off my sport coat. I would suggest not sitting in front of the fire unless its colder weather. it was loud. hard to hear the person across from me. I had an old raj and dolin dry martini. sweetbreads. 82 day aged 32 oz steak, brussel sprouts and a bottle of Ontanon Rioja which is temparnillo. the steak came on a cutting board with roasted bone marrow and aioli made from the fat drippings. the bread came with pork lardo instead of butter. nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRainCityChickDined on 7/17/2014Great food at Miller's Guild--our group sampled the chicken (quite tender); quiche (hot from the oven!) and crab salad (lots of crabmeat).We had planned a leisurely lunch, so were OK with the speed of service. If you are having a biz lunch in a shorter than 1.5 hour time frame, let the waitstaff know ahead of time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingFlyhighVIPDined on 7/13/2014Read a newspaper review of this restaurant which was good. The experience was average and nothing special, given interior and the food/service. I felt we did not get value for cost.Special Features:
- FoodampDined on 7/12/2014The short rib with horseradish sauce was amazing! A great place for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendHappyDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent. Definitely will come back!