612 Stewart St
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://millersguild.com/
- Phone: 2064433663x
- Hours of Operation:
8:00am - 12:00am Monday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to Miller's Guild, let us take Chef Jason Wilson's Award-Winning wood-fired cooking to you. Miller's Guild catering will begin in spring 2014.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for up to 14 in the Sidebar room with full audio-visual capabilities. Large parties can also be accommodated in a semi-private area in the dining room. If you have a larger group, inquire about our urban event space that can accommodate up to 125 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Kosseff 2064433363x
A word from Miller's Guild
Located in the Historic Hotel Max Miller’s Guild is built around a 9 foot long, custom made wood-fired grill. James Beard Award Winning Chef Jason Wilson has crafted a menu featuring seventy five-day dry-aged beef, nose to tail butchery, and rustic baked goods that highlights the unique flavors from the grill. Carrying on the theme, Miller’s Guild also features craft cocktails made with spirits finished in oak casks suspended above the bar. The wine list will feature carefully crafted wines from the Pacific Northwest and beyond that represent excellent value across all price ranges.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Miller's Guild - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Miller's Guild reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (93)special occasion (48)hot spot (41)notable wine list (38)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (17)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (7)Show More
- Definitely Carnivore DelightFurryBikerDined on 10/21/2014Food was impressive all around. High end steaks on the board were impressive to look at but a bit too rich even with my expense account. Noise level at our table made going outside a relief after dinner. General ambiance was fun. Would recommend to a friend for the food.Special Features:
- Steak great but not served warmALMALMALMDined on 10/19/2014Remarkable steak, cooked as ordered for 3 people. The steak was cool when served. Perhaps this is something about steak that I don't know or is the latest, but I didn't like that. I don't need hot or sizzling, just at least give me warm. Also, I know ribeye to be a fatty or well marbled cut - this was just plain old fatty. Drinks were great, especially the off menu creations. Excellent food.
- BiCoastalDinerDined on 10/15/2014A friend recommended Miller's Guild and SO GLAD we went. The fire was WONDERFUL, especailly since it was a cool and drizzly evening in Seattle. Our server was fun and super attentive. He had great recommendations for us. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- layers of flavorChicDined on 10/13/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of every bite. One diner dairy intolerant, but waiter and kitchen came up with great alternatives and workarounds. Salads perfectly fresh and dressed just right, meat and seafood courses charred lightly on outside, moist, tender and tasty inside.Noise level daunting for civil conversation, but very few places like that seem to exist. Heads above nearby local dynasty restsurant we visited two weeks earlier. Thus is now is a "must recommend" for my out of town tour customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great serviceseattlecamperVIPDined on 10/9/2014I had the quiche and salad. It was really good. My wife had the same. Great brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy gristleZingyDined on 10/8/2014Hard to hold a conversation due to ambient noise levels and both strip steaks that were ordered were full of gristle...not much of a value for an expensive piece of meat
- Day after wedding brunchglukeDined on 10/5/2014Had a fluid party of 24 for a noon brunch after a late night wedding. We had a slow start, but the waitress and cooks kicked it up a notch to finish with very good service and delicious food. The waitress handled a very chaotic crew with diplomacy and tact, leaving all with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 10/4/2014Miller Guild was a big disappointment as their steaks did not live up to their price. We had a party of seven, with four adults and three children all at the age of twelve. We ordered their 49oz 28-day bone-in New York ($250) and their 60 oz. 82-day bone-in Rib eye. We asked for medium with pink inside but no running blood. The steaks was served lukewarm, under cooked, no seared crust and simply lacked taste. Accompanying sides were mediocre. We don’t mind paying $750.00 for dinner if the quality was satisfying. Sorry, nothing targeted for kids. There are a lot of better steak eateries in Seattle one should consider before MG.
- excellent new spotxianbarnardDined on 10/2/2014great vibe, beautiful interior, excellent mixologist, prefect food. must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTpntpnDined on 9/27/2014Everything was great about this restaurant! Food was outstanding and interesting, ambiance was great. Service was EXCELLENT! Only thing It was a little loud, but the noise was worth the rest. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodfood4soulGoodfood4soulDined on 9/27/2014Love the creativity in menu, and superb quality. We had the experience of having a knowledgeable server with great recommendations, the noise level is a bit high otherwise great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BSharpVIPDined on 9/24/2014I really enjoy goign to Millers Guild. The food is always top notch! I had 2 others with me and it was the first time for our out of town guest. She loved it.Special Features:
- Great Service and good foodjWhBOTDined on 9/19/2014The pork chop rocks. Scallops and steak were good too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatsChrisCraftsDined on 9/13/2014Perfect for a group of foodies. The Butcher sheet is delectable, with many wonderful choices. But, the real shining stars, are the dry aged cuts for groups. Rib Eyes, and New York to 300 oz that are exquisitely served on a wood cutting board to be shared with everyone at the table. The service was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great steaks!Velma716Dined on 9/13/2014we had the smoked NY steaks. they were excellent - one of the best steaks I have ever had. the food quality and presentation was excellent. the wines were excellent. a very enjoyable dinner indeed.Special Features:
- Amazing wood fire oven!KageyfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Lovely atmosphere, delicious, creative food, and friendly, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Firepitdiner007Dined on 9/10/2014is huge. dry-aged steaks are the way to go. tried the smoked ny - the smoky taste was overkill for me but very interesting. great sides and service was helpful and informed. it is really about meat but enjoyed the watermelon/cucumber salad. in house foccacia was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchfoodwineguyDined on 9/3/2014I recently met my two financial advisors at Miller's Guild for lunch. This is a great place for lunch and a little business conversation. Miller's Guild will probably become the spot for our quarterly reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverRJG6Dined on 8/30/2014They make the best steak.....and the Brussell sprouts are a MUST have! Amazing food!Special Features:
- Fantasticmjr123Dined on 8/30/2014Rare to go to a Seattle Restaurant and come away saying Wow that is one of the best places we have been in a long time. Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Not surprising since it is Jason from Crush. We said the same thing when we visited Crush for the first time years ago. Way to go Jason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak that melts in your mouth!DiningdeliciouslyDined on 8/30/2014We ordered two steaks, New Yorks, and they were out of this world! The steaks were cooked perfectly to order, seasoned beautifully, and were the best steak I have ever eaten. We had two sides, fries and Brussel sprouts. The Brussel sprouts were roasted and charred, they came with a dipping sauce but I squeezed the charred lemon all over them and they were simply out of this world. Pricey? I think we got what we paid for and we will definitely be going back there next time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- albeeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding food, service and ambiance. Our waiter couldn't have been more professional and helpful and every bite was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could give food 4 syarsccccDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I came for brunch. I had the wagyu burger which was perfect and super flavourful (highly recommended) but the fried chicken was a huge disappointment and the way it was handled was also lacking. The outside parts of the chicken was cooked perfectly but when it was cut in half, the inside was completely raw. We sent it back but all they did was re-fry the two pieces of cut chicken. Results: overcooked chicken that was dark and tough. Honestly, we expected more from a much vaunted restaurant as Miller's Guild. It's particularly disappointing since it was our first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic, great ambiance and foodtravellingfoodieDined on 8/28/2014We have known Chef Jason since he opened Crush and were excited to try his new restaurant in Seattle. The restaurant has a warm and inviting atmosphere both from the staff upon entering to the ability to sit at the grill and watch everything being prepared before your very eyes. Everything was perfectly prepared from the double cut pork chop to the smoked rib eye...the fries (extra crispy) and spinach were lovely. The wine list was well balanced and even had beautiful magnums for larger crowds. We would go back when we visit Seattle next time.Special Features:
- Cooked to orderPdxVisitsSeaDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Miller's Guild. We were in town for a work event that coincided with my husband's birthday. My husband loves a steakhouse and I was excited that Miller's Guild was all about meat but not a stereotypical steakhouse. The homemade focaccia was devine. I ordered the Wagyu steak, medium-rare. It was cooked on the rare side but was flavorful and cut like butter. My husband ordered the NY steak medium but it came out well. We ordered a side of fried brussel sprouts that I wish I could recreate. For dessert, gluten free snickers! So happy they had a GF option and it was delicious! The open fire "inferno" was very cool. Our server was friendly and the ambiance was lively. We had a nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small menu. Great foodcherylscarletVIPDined on 8/22/2014Unfortunately we were with a group that was not interested in sharing the 60oz steak, but the menu options were limiting. However eveythign was very tasty!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/17/2014This place was good when it opened, but has gone down hill. This was my 3rd time there for brunch and needless to say I am never going back. The food was terrible, the sausage was gristly and not cooked, the bavette steak was unseasoned, not a good cut of meat, and under cooked. Even the biscuits were terrible and I had really liked on previous occasions.
- Good, get ready for meat sweats!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Nice restaurant...but make sure you ask for medium if you want it med rare, as the meat was rare! Wine list is very good. Dinner menu is not cheap but the food is very good. The atmosphere has a really cool vibe...Special Features:
- Carnivorous Delicious-nessurbangardengirlDined on 8/14/2014Jason Wilson delivers on your most meaty fantasies in this ultra luxe carnivores paradise. Sure they also serve vegetables and you can probably even survive just eating just those delicious morsels. However, the center of focus is definitely the protein. All else is accouterment to the cacophony of carnivorous delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianaVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent Food and Presentation. Service was a little slow.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDRWisgreatVIPDined on 8/12/2014I have heard good things about this restaurant, but my experience was not close to the hype. The service was pretentious and were annoyed when I expressed concerns about my drink. While I understand this place is known for grilling meat, I was in from out of town and wanted some good seafood. Don't put anything on the menu that you cannot execute well. The grillmaster somehow cooked the flavor out of my Salmon and the succotash was overwhelmed with dill and a flavor I could not figure out. Even the bread left a big spot of grease on my plate and hands. Maybe your experience was better, but mine was the pits.
- food was oksmilsguenDined on 8/12/2014Took some coworkers here for lunch and was expecting some amazing food but we all left a little disappointed. The salads that most of them ate were good but nothing special. I had the friend chicken and biscuits and was left underwhelmed. The cheddar cheese gravy was an interesting concept but there was too much of it on the plate and it wasn't very good. It was also a little hard to eat the chicken as I kept having to pick out the bones as well. I really wanted to like this place but I don't think we will be back.
- Great prefunk for ParamountOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Mario, our server, took great care if us. A meat lover's paradise, although the wild salmon was also enjoyed at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doctorfoodieDined on 8/5/2014Sat outside on a gorgeous Seattle summer night, watching the local downtown scene go by. The food--scallops for me and steak for my wife were delicious. Terrific service and atmosphere make the steep price worth it. Money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Great steak house with interesting and delicious sides. Service was very good. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful space, left disappointedKlyneaDined on 8/4/2014Entree arrived before appetizers... Ordered med-rare but came out blue-rare. Ignored by server and was never able to aquire a second glass of wine or to discuss re-firing the steak. When I commented about our steak being left to sit white we enjoyed our apps, server said 'when you said you wanted everything at once, I assumed that's what you meant.' Rude! We said 'we are sharing' and that is it. Comped steak which is nice but would have rather re-fired, enjoyed some wine, and been able to eat our entree! Beautiful flavor.. You could tell it would have been tasty.Special Features:
- Limited menuDeliaDined on 8/4/2014very few vegetarian dishes - most items on the menu were calorie and fat heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreaming of Brussels (the sprouts)BloomgirlDined on 8/3/2014I loved this place. It had a cool Vibe and the food was awesome. It was expensive but well worth it for the quality and the unique spot. I woke up dreaming about the roasted Brussels sprouts. There is a nice selection of steak and cuts large for sharing and sides are family style so it was fun for our children who have a very good palette and appreciated the bits of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top but proud of itSeattleexplorerDined on 8/3/2014Great service, fabulous BBQ king crab, chicken marsala, beef short ribs and salads. Only issue is they're quite proud of all of it ...$98 for 6 king crab legs? But for a special occasion it's quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye ever!WallasweetVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our party shared the 40 oz 82- day aged ribeye. It was the best steak we've ever had. Everything we ordered was excellent. The only criticism was the comfort of the chairs, which were hard short and uncomfortable. We finally were able to get a different chair from the communal table which was more cushioned. Drinks were excellent, but dainty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.