612 Stewart St
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://millersguild.com/
- Phone: (206) 443-3663
- Hours of Operation:
8:00am - 12:00am Monday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to Miller's Guild, let us take Chef Jason Wilson's Award-Winning wood-fired cooking to you. Miller's Guild catering will begin in spring 2014.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for up to 14 in the Sidebar room with full audio-visual capabilities. Large parties can also be accommodated in a semi-private area in the dining room. If you have a larger group, inquire about our urban event space that can accommodate up to 125 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Kosseff 2064433363x
A word from Miller's Guild
Located in the Historic Hotel Max Miller’s Guild is built around a 9 foot long, custom made wood-fired grill. James Beard Award Winning Chef Jason Wilson has crafted a menu featuring seventy five-day dry-aged beef, nose to tail butchery, and rustic baked goods that highlights the unique flavors from the grill. Carrying on the theme, Miller’s Guild also features craft cocktails made with spirits finished in oak casks suspended above the bar. The wine list will feature carefully crafted wines from the Pacific Northwest and beyond that represent excellent value across all price ranges.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miller's Guild reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (45)hot spot (43)notable wine list (40)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (15)romantic (14)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (3)Show More
- Dry aged 90 days?.... yes please.jonrossDined on 11/16/2014While on the pricey side, you get what you pay for. The aged steaks are quite large so bring someone with you, or 3 people depending on the steak size. Steak tartare and brussel sprouts are very good. Pork chops also tasty. Broccoli gratin also a good choice. Bring your own wine to keep prices down ($15) corkage fee. Start with a aged cocktail, whiskey and walnut one was excellent. If available and you can sit close to the grill it's a good show and the warmth feels great on these cold nights. Ps. Dessert while fun to order isn't needed. Spend the extra money on a bigger steak or side. Total cost for 3. $325.00. That is with $30 in corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and fun!SunnySueVIPDined on 11/15/2014Miller's Guild showcases the wood grilling of everything from fish, scallops, short ribs and duck to an impeccable array of dry-aged steaks with sizes to fit every appetite. The appetizers, salads and sides are equally hard to choose from as there are so many mouth-watering choices! The wine list offers a terrific selection in price points to appeal to all cost levels. And the service is outstanding. This is the place to go again if you have already been and one to put at the top of your list if you haven't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, but...chowhoundDined on 11/14/2014Yo u almost have to be a "foodie" to really appreciate this restaurant and understand the expense of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FineCMRockDined on 11/14/2014I was neither underwhelmed with our meal, nor overwhelmed with excitement by it. The short-rib was very fatty. The mashed potatoes weren't anything special. It may be a bad sign when the curried cauliflower is the most memorable portion of the meal. I would try again though with a different protein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing GrillPNGuinDined on 11/10/2014Miller's Guild has a fabulous grill and steak selection. I had the Waygu Zabuton steak and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had - I'm still dreaming about it! The rest of the food we had was great too. There was also a long and varied wine list and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2014Miller's Guild is a great spot and I LOVED the grill...super cool and I recommend for a party of 2 to sit at the bar seating in front of the grill. While its a steakhouse the vegetables were sensational...in fact we didn't even order any steak!Special Features:
- jeffDined on 11/7/2014other then our seating time being delayed by 25 minutes, this is a great restaurant, particularly if you like meat. My wife said it was the best New York steak she ever had. Once seated, the service was outstanding and they compted two apps because of the delay. On the expensive side, but will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Great experience!JojoDined on 11/7/2014First visit during a girls weekend in Seattle. We over it! Best steak and brussle sprouts! service was great. I ordered a cocktail I did not like and they happily took it back. Love sitting near the inferno on a cold night. But not sure why they offer seating at the counter 10ft away from the inferno. You will end up medium rare along with your steak:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big FlawCampieVIPDined on 11/5/2014I really loved many aspects of this restaurant, food, ambience, wait staff all were wonderful. The big problem is the noise...all of the hard surfaces create an extremely loud environment...it is difficult to hear the people you are dining with at times. I am sure this can be addressed, if that is the case, this get a 5.Special Features:
- DarinVIPDined on 11/3/2014This was my birthday choice and have to say that I was a bit disppointed in that we were provided a miserable table top, moved once to another misirable table top then finally moved to a booth setting that would work for the five of us. The service lagged given the change of tables and it just created a lack of flow and less-than relaxing birthday experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- chalk board specialsyaliceyDined on 10/31/2014A friend recommended this place so I took my meat loving boyfriend here for his birthday. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and experience of dinner at Miller's Guild. I title this chalk board specials because I highly recommend picking a chalk board item and sharing it! I believe minimum was a 32 oz New York but presentation is amazing. To top it off, we had an excellent south African cab to go with the meal. Reservations are recommended since you never know how busy it will be. The earlier you go, the more selection you have. Enjoy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurry and get into this place!MastrosologistVIPDined on 10/28/2014Our group typically likes your classic premium steakhouse, but we took a chance on Miller's Guild and are very happy we did. From the cold smoked new york strip to the butter lettuce wedge, to the curry cauliflower to a reasonably priced Bordeaux, we had an absolutely incredible meal only to be bested by the service. Love this place.Special Features:
- Loved it!totiredtocookVIPDined on 10/24/2014The décor is really cool and could easily be in NYC. Our waiter was super friendly and very knowledgeable. We enjoyed the butter lettuce wedge, gruyere mashed potatoes, fried brussel sprouts, rib eye (to die for) and an incredible dessert. I am sure the calorie and fat content was over the top but well worth every ounce! I would recommend this to anyone and will for sure be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, underwhelming food, +serviceBeetledDined on 10/24/2014Very disappointing experience - restaurant clearly tailored toward tourists. Super noisy, impossible to sit at the bar because the fire heat is overwhelming. The dinner menu was mediocre - food descriptions were dressed up (eg, winter salad was nothing more than baby greens, super heavily dressed), the bread was super greasy and hard to handle, meat took forever to arrive. Service was very good, however.Special Features:
- Good downtown lunch spotmangoDined on 10/24/2014Service was great, food was way too salty. Everyone with me had the same complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Carnivore DelightFurryBikerDined on 10/21/2014Food was impressive all around. High end steaks on the board were impressive to look at but a bit too rich even with my expense account. Noise level at our table made going outside a relief after dinner. General ambiance was fun. Would recommend to a friend for the food.Special Features:
- Steak great but not served warmALMALMALMDined on 10/19/2014Remarkable steak, cooked as ordered for 3 people. The steak was cool when served. Perhaps this is something about steak that I don't know or is the latest, but I didn't like that. I don't need hot or sizzling, just at least give me warm. Also, I know ribeye to be a fatty or well marbled cut - this was just plain old fatty. Drinks were great, especially the off menu creations. Excellent food.
- BiCoastalDinerDined on 10/15/2014A friend recommended Miller's Guild and SO GLAD we went. The fire was WONDERFUL, especailly since it was a cool and drizzly evening in Seattle. Our server was fun and super attentive. He had great recommendations for us. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- layers of flavorChicDined on 10/13/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of every bite. One diner dairy intolerant, but waiter and kitchen came up with great alternatives and workarounds. Salads perfectly fresh and dressed just right, meat and seafood courses charred lightly on outside, moist, tender and tasty inside.Noise level daunting for civil conversation, but very few places like that seem to exist. Heads above nearby local dynasty restsurant we visited two weeks earlier. Thus is now is a "must recommend" for my out of town tour customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great serviceseattlecamperVIPDined on 10/9/2014I had the quiche and salad. It was really good. My wife had the same. Great brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy gristleZingyDined on 10/8/2014Hard to hold a conversation due to ambient noise levels and both strip steaks that were ordered were full of gristle...not much of a value for an expensive piece of meat
- Day after wedding brunchglukeDined on 10/5/2014Had a fluid party of 24 for a noon brunch after a late night wedding. We had a slow start, but the waitress and cooks kicked it up a notch to finish with very good service and delicious food. The waitress handled a very chaotic crew with diplomacy and tact, leaving all with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 10/4/2014Miller Guild was a big disappointment as their steaks did not live up to their price. We had a party of seven, with four adults and three children all at the age of twelve. We ordered their 49oz 28-day bone-in New York ($250) and their 60 oz. 82-day bone-in Rib eye. We asked for medium with pink inside but no running blood. The steaks was served lukewarm, under cooked, no seared crust and simply lacked taste. Accompanying sides were mediocre. We don’t mind paying $750.00 for dinner if the quality was satisfying. Sorry, nothing targeted for kids. There are a lot of better steak eateries in Seattle one should consider before MG.
- excellent new spotxianbarnardDined on 10/2/2014great vibe, beautiful interior, excellent mixologist, prefect food. must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTpntpnDined on 9/27/2014Everything was great about this restaurant! Food was outstanding and interesting, ambiance was great. Service was EXCELLENT! Only thing It was a little loud, but the noise was worth the rest. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodfood4soulGoodfood4soulDined on 9/27/2014Love the creativity in menu, and superb quality. We had the experience of having a knowledgeable server with great recommendations, the noise level is a bit high otherwise great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BSharpVIPDined on 9/24/2014I really enjoy goign to Millers Guild. The food is always top notch! I had 2 others with me and it was the first time for our out of town guest. She loved it.Special Features:
- Great Service and good foodjWhBOTDined on 9/19/2014The pork chop rocks. Scallops and steak were good too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatsChrisCraftsDined on 9/13/2014Perfect for a group of foodies. The Butcher sheet is delectable, with many wonderful choices. But, the real shining stars, are the dry aged cuts for groups. Rib Eyes, and New York to 300 oz that are exquisitely served on a wood cutting board to be shared with everyone at the table. The service was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great steaks!Velma716Dined on 9/13/2014we had the smoked NY steaks. they were excellent - one of the best steaks I have ever had. the food quality and presentation was excellent. the wines were excellent. a very enjoyable dinner indeed.Special Features:
- Amazing wood fire oven!KageyfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Lovely atmosphere, delicious, creative food, and friendly, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Firepitdiner007Dined on 9/10/2014is huge. dry-aged steaks are the way to go. tried the smoked ny - the smoky taste was overkill for me but very interesting. great sides and service was helpful and informed. it is really about meat but enjoyed the watermelon/cucumber salad. in house foccacia was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchfoodwineguyDined on 9/3/2014I recently met my two financial advisors at Miller's Guild for lunch. This is a great place for lunch and a little business conversation. Miller's Guild will probably become the spot for our quarterly reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverRJG6Dined on 8/30/2014They make the best steak.....and the Brussell sprouts are a MUST have! Amazing food!Special Features:
- Fantasticmjr123Dined on 8/30/2014Rare to go to a Seattle Restaurant and come away saying Wow that is one of the best places we have been in a long time. Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Not surprising since it is Jason from Crush. We said the same thing when we visited Crush for the first time years ago. Way to go Jason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak that melts in your mouth!DiningdeliciouslyDined on 8/30/2014We ordered two steaks, New Yorks, and they were out of this world! The steaks were cooked perfectly to order, seasoned beautifully, and were the best steak I have ever eaten. We had two sides, fries and Brussel sprouts. The Brussel sprouts were roasted and charred, they came with a dipping sauce but I squeezed the charred lemon all over them and they were simply out of this world. Pricey? I think we got what we paid for and we will definitely be going back there next time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- albeeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding food, service and ambiance. Our waiter couldn't have been more professional and helpful and every bite was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could give food 4 syarsccccDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I came for brunch. I had the wagyu burger which was perfect and super flavourful (highly recommended) but the fried chicken was a huge disappointment and the way it was handled was also lacking. The outside parts of the chicken was cooked perfectly but when it was cut in half, the inside was completely raw. We sent it back but all they did was re-fry the two pieces of cut chicken. Results: overcooked chicken that was dark and tough. Honestly, we expected more from a much vaunted restaurant as Miller's Guild. It's particularly disappointing since it was our first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic, great ambiance and foodtravellingfoodieDined on 8/28/2014We have known Chef Jason since he opened Crush and were excited to try his new restaurant in Seattle. The restaurant has a warm and inviting atmosphere both from the staff upon entering to the ability to sit at the grill and watch everything being prepared before your very eyes. Everything was perfectly prepared from the double cut pork chop to the smoked rib eye...the fries (extra crispy) and spinach were lovely. The wine list was well balanced and even had beautiful magnums for larger crowds. We would go back when we visit Seattle next time.Special Features:
- Cooked to orderPdxVisitsSeaDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Miller's Guild. We were in town for a work event that coincided with my husband's birthday. My husband loves a steakhouse and I was excited that Miller's Guild was all about meat but not a stereotypical steakhouse. The homemade focaccia was devine. I ordered the Wagyu steak, medium-rare. It was cooked on the rare side but was flavorful and cut like butter. My husband ordered the NY steak medium but it came out well. We ordered a side of fried brussel sprouts that I wish I could recreate. For dessert, gluten free snickers! So happy they had a GF option and it was delicious! The open fire "inferno" was very cool. Our server was friendly and the ambiance was lively. We had a nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.