999 Brady Ave Suite 106
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millerunion.com/
- Phone: 6787338550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11:30am - 2:30 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steven Satterfield
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Miller Union
Miller Union features simply prepared food with a strong focus on local and regional farm-to-table standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Miller Union - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Miller Union reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)special occasion (108)neighborhood gem (74)notable wine list (73)romantic (61)hot spot (50)good for groups (45)great for lunch (36)vibrant bar scene (29)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Resting on prior good reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014It's been a few years since I've been back. The first time food was extremely good, service was good, ambiance was (and still is) stifling and claustrophobic. I hadn't been back because of the ambiance, but wanted to give it a second try since everything else had been good. Mistake. While the menu was supposed to have been updated for the season, there were a lot of things on it from years ago. Some were good the first time, so I reordered, however, I can't say the same again. Just like you can tell someone's put love into food, you can also tell when they are just phoning it in. And that's exactly how the remainder of the meal went. I wouldn't even mention price if it had been good, but for the price I definitely expect more.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the overall dining experience was awesome. Quick and attentive service. Food was delish. I would recommend the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyGoodorbad7Dined on 9/13/2014While I had seen Anthony Bourdain in this restaurant on his Layover series I did not listen to the noise level. (I truly wish I had). We went for my birthday expecting a nice quiet relaxed meal after driving for 8 1/2 hours from Va. Steve was our waiter and service was fine. The food was not the best I've had but there a miller thyme drink was fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch across all categories!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The cocktails are fabulous, food is excellent and fresh and the service is exceptional! Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brentbigb01Dined on 9/13/2014The ambiance is nothing to write home about, but the overall service and food, particularly the cocktails, we're very good. The flavors of the food range from average (such as the feta snack appetizer or the flat iron steak entree) to exquisite (such as the risotto appetizer or the roasted quail entree). overall, a very pleasant experience and some place I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, good service, fun spot. I suggest requesting a table in one of the rooms with windows.Special Features:
- Good mealCraigDined on 9/6/2014This was our 4th time at Miller's Union. The food was outstanding. However, waiter and table (2 topper squuezed next to another couple) was sub-par!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationLexiVIPDined on 9/5/2014Recently ate at MU for my boyfriend's birthday. We brought a favorite bottle of wine and paid the relatively inexpensive $35 corkage fee (inexpensive compared to the wine list, that is). We enjoyed both the "farm egg baked in celery cream" as well as the inventive "field peas, peanuts, charred tomato & pepper, ricotta, mint" starter. The egg was phenomenal, if not the texture I had imagined. The pea salad was fresh and interesting but probably my least favorite menu item we tried all night. For an entree I had the ravioli and the BF had the pork chop. Ravioli was good, rustic looking with a poached egg on top. The pork was phenomenal. Perfectly cooked and moist. We split the fig tart for dessert and loved it. SUPERB service. Great food.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit to Miller Union. I met a couple of friends for lunch. I had to wait and my server recommended the handmade sodas and the hummus to tide me over while I waited. I very much enjoyed both. For lunch one friend and I shared the croquets and a vegetable plate. Again, scrumptious. The food was simply prepared, and simply delicious. I haven't enjoyed fresh vegetables this much since I was a kid. They were fresh, and flavorful. The succotash prepared with bacon, was just awesome. We also had ice cream sandwiches for lunch. Really enjoyed the bourbon/butter pecan treat. Did not love the corn ice cream. That was probably a questionable choice, but hey... we had fun. Our server was great as well. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently an AKulinaryKidVIPDined on 9/4/2014our server was superb. Great recommendations, great personality. Food was amazing. The shrimp and watermelon salad: their Egg appetizer is amazing, and unique !; the duck confit and the grouper were awesome. Portions are not huge, but appropriate. We also had desert, and the plumb torte and the peach/pecan desert each came with ice cream and were awesomeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerTLCK1Dined on 8/30/2014I had to schedule a last minute birthday dinner and Miller Union was available. I wasn't very familiar with the restaurant but kept my reservation for my family from out of town. Wow, we were all impressed. The food was incredible, especially the vegetables. Many restaurants view the vegetables as an afterthought but not here. My father, who is very commonly unimpressed, was extremely happy. The server was knowledgeable and engaging but not to the point of being intrusive. It was my first visit but it will not be my last.Special Features:
- Southern cooking done rightBobminDined on 8/30/2014From the time we were greeted by Neal until we bid him farewell, we felt completely at home. This was my first dinner experience at Miller Union (I previously had lunched here) and all of the advance billings lived completely up to my expectations. My pork chop was superb and cooked exactly the way I ordered it. My son had duck and loved it and my ex had grouper and said it was the best she had ever had. The side order of fried okra left us wanting more. I, of course, had the egg in celery cream appetizer and I understand why this is a signature dish. I was so full at this point I could only manage the scoop of the day for dessert. Would loved to have tried some of the others. I will return soon.Special Features:
- All around fantasticjasonDined on 8/21/2014I took my wife here for her birthday dinner and it was great. The staff was friendly and responsive and the service was great. My water was never less than half full and our drinks were amazing. The food was also fantastic. All around great experience and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready to go back!JeffDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed a girls night here and the atmosphere, service, food... all was amazing! It is all fresh, farm-to-table food. I look forward to taking my family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip!Mountainlover123Dined on 8/19/2014Bar was a little small. & we wish we had had a view instead of the dark room in back. But great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for kidsFirstDined on 8/19/2014Been here before and loved here. Kitchen was VERY slow in getting food to table between appetizers, salads and entrees. Everything was delicious. THAT BEING SAID - MU was extremely accommodating to our ever growing group of originally 7, ending up 10. Our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pricey for uneven qualityIntowndinerDined on 8/19/2014Picked this place for a business dinner. Ordered soup of day, creamed corn which was pleasant and very roasted-corn-like. The entree, a ravioli with duck egg and smoked tomatoes, was a miss. It was slightly sour and not very appetizing, All in all, I was disappointed for the gent who picked up the bill - $130 with wine. I won't likely return.
- Gem in AtlnataSenonerDined on 8/16/2014Coming from Chicago, I really haven't found a delicious place to eat here yet. Miller Union was surprising delicious and the staff was excellent. This is definitely a place that has everything down pat for a foodie. Great staff, service, and of course Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience all around!ATLocavoreDined on 8/16/2014We've eaten at some of Atlanta's best restaurants, but Miller Union rises to the top. First, we were greeted warmly though we were running well past our reserved time. Walking through the restaurant is a sensory experience in and of itself. The space is carved into an odyssey of distinctive rooms that flow from open & bright to secluded & intimate creating a relaxing atmosphere for comfortable conversation. The staff know their stuff, but are not the least bit pretentious. My wife commented that the steak was the best she'd ever had. I have to agree. (Don't tell my father-in-law; he wears the master grilling apron.) I had the veggie plate, which was such a cornucopia of local goodness, I had to make two meals out of it. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilipVIPDined on 8/15/2014Pork Chop was way over-cooked and very tough/chewy, grouper was completely over-powered by the sauce. Won't be back, just not worth the price.
- Party of 8, office outtingJingleyDined on 8/13/2014This was a great option for a small group of co-workers. Food was awesome, drink specials were especially tasty and the decor was great. Also seemed like a great date night spot. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location iffy. Special not specialladolcevitaatlantaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Located off the beaten path, in a "transitional" area. Cool, contemporary "farmhouse-type" interior has great ambiance. Waiter recommended chef's "signature & award-winning" buttermilk-battered fried chicken special. It was a greasy, heavily-battered mess. Only a few edible bites, and served with skimpy vegetable medley (a few green beans, okra, black eyed peas and tomatoes). The chef should consider serving a (1/2) chicken breast, with two small sides (a vegetable and a starch, like mashed potatoes). This entrée would not be enough for a man. We left hungry. Thumbs up for its "sustainability" efforts; but based on value and price perceived on this occasion, I probably won't go back. Maybe should have ordered a sandwich or burger.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchRunToEatDined on 8/9/2014It was a lovely spot. We requested outdoor seating and were seated in what essentially felt like a screened in patio, but it was very light and open with high ceilings. The feta appetizers was excellent. The pulled pork, kale, and carrot sandwich was my favorite dish. I had the trout with veggies. Thw veggies were good, and the trout was done perfectly, but lacked a little flavor. The croquettes were also very good. The ice cream sandwiches we had for dessert were AWESOME. There were three of us, and we each ordered a different flavor. Each one tastes like it sounds and they are all wonderfully delicious, though my favorite was the chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HipNewtoATLDined on 8/6/2014The food was very good and unique. The service was awesome. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Good decision.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Dined on 8/4/14 for a special occasion. The food and service were great. We started with cocktails and then had an appetizer, entrees and dessert. It was the perfect dinner and location for a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerbamerosDined on 8/2/2014Planned a special event dinner at Miller Union and it was a great experience and dinner. Would go back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a little expensiveoheckyeahDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I liked Miller Union. The food is good, the service is great, the ingredients are all fresh and really good, but it's a little too expensive for what you're getting. The food was good, not great, and for the money, I think we could feel a little more satisfied somewhere else. Overall a nice experience, and would recommend, but cautiously.
- Wonderful Lunch VenueebgwinVIPDined on 8/1/2014We took 8 to Miller Union for a going away lunch for a co-worker. Everything was delicious. Plenty of options for our vegetarian friend. Everything was fresh and well prepared. BTL - great. Outstanding burger.. (add bacon). When you go - be sure and save room for one of their fabulous housemade ice cream sandwiches. YUMMMMSpecial Features:
- Second Try Was Just as LacklusterSusanaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Was not impressed the first time I tried it when it first opened and was just as unimpressed my second attempt. Awkward average service. Food is bland, under-seasoned, and heavy on the vinegar with weird combinations that don't taste good. It's a cramped overpriced little place that sounds good on paper but does no deliver.
- delicious!kristaDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I went this week and were not disappointed. We got that mousse trout and field/green bean salad for apps. Both were so delicious. The salad was outstanding and I highly recommend to everyone! He got the pork chop that was cooked to perfection. My grouper was wonderful. Steven our waiter is someone you should ask for. I love this place.Special Features:
- Salty....rg1gaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Been to Miller Union before but it has been awhile. We took out of town guests and had to send three dishes back due to excessive saltiness. This was not just picky eaters but remarkably heavy-handed salt that all four people at the table agreed that it was simply too salty to eat. Server was excellent in how he handled everything but for a place that prides itself on Farm to Table freshness, this salt excess, something within the control of the kitchen, is so disappointing that I will not go back.Special Features:
- Love itDRSCOTTDined on 7/25/2014We had an amazing dinner, everyone loved the Apps. We all enjoyed every bite! You will not be disapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go back!PerfectEveningDined on 7/23/2014Great meal. Strong server...knowledgeable and attentive, but unobtrusive. Bar was a bit too noisy for a normal conversation, considering the size. Specialty drinks were yummy, but the bartenders were inconsistent. I had 2 of the same cocktail made by 2 different bartenders and they tasted totally different. (also - one barkeep was friendly and the other seemed unenthusiastic about his job and serving us.)Special Features:
- Great inventive foodDinaMNVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our second time at Miller Union. Our server was attentive and helpful. I thought the food was delicious. We particularly enjoyed the pork chop (though initially skeptical that it would be good with blueberries), the duck leg confit, and the fried okra. I will probably not be going back too soon, because the food is so unique it is hard for my non-foodie friends to find things they are willing to try -- which is everyone's loss. The atmosphere in the room next to the bar is only OK; it is much better to have a table in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite midtown restaurantSistervisitVIPDined on 7/19/2014This time, as with prior visits, I was pleased to introduce my sister from LA and simply said, order anything...it will be fresh, cooked to perfection and appropriately seasoned creating amazing flavors. She was so impressed and our server was very attentive and professional. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miller UnionnokitchentocleanDined on 7/18/2014The back room does not have much ambience and was a bit loud. Other than that everything was super. I love the fried okra.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Our server was great and the whole experience was wonderful! They know who they are as a restaurant and do it very well and I appreciate that very much. We will definitely be back again and recommend Miller Union to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/15/2014Fabulous, this is what a great restaurant should be as it hits all the marks. Attention to sourcing of food, preparation, delivery and highly informed and attentive staff! The freshness of the food shines in all the dishes including the desserts. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Friendly!PottseVIPDined on 7/15/2014I had dinner here with some friends. The hostess was friendly and welcoming as the door was held open for us by an eye catching bar tender. The gentlemen tending bar were moderately attentive and made a fine drink. We sat out on the covered patio area which was enjoyable. Our server Jonathan was attentive and informative. He was extremely considerate of my being vegan and had the kitchen make corrections for my diet. Everything was beautifully presented and extremely palette pleasing. I will certainly come here again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt like I was at Houstons!PacemomDined on 7/14/2014Great food spoiled by a lightening fast kitchen. The appetizer plates were picked up to be replaced by the entrees 30 seconds later!!! When I mentioned it to the waiter he was astonished and told me that I should have told him to take a break between courses - "that how most of their diners like their food timed". Not what I expect from a restaurant at that price point