999 Brady Ave Suite 106
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millerunion.com/
- Phone: 6787338550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11:30am - 2:30 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steven Satterfield
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Miller Union
Miller Union features simply prepared food with a strong focus on local and regional farm-to-table standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Miller Union - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Miller Union reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)special occasion (108)neighborhood gem (77)notable wine list (70)romantic (58)hot spot (51)good for groups (50)great for lunch (34)great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Best meal of the year!jkwellsDined on 10/17/2014Recommend the farm egg, pork chop, and duck. Everything was fantastic tho. Beer list is a little short and cocktails were not all that inventive, but the Whistling Dixie is not too bad if you're in the mood for whiskey.Special Features:
- Can we talk? No !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014It was too noisy to have a normal conversation. My grouper was almost too salty to eat. Another at the table said the same thing. Others enjoyed their food. None of us would return because if tbe noise levelSpecial Features:
- Nice for a business lunch ...KateauVIPDined on 10/16/2014the food is great, the seating is comfortable, and it is not too loud.Special Features:
- Amazing apps. Solid entrees.FoodLifeDined on 10/15/2014Seats were worn out and were a bit of an eyesore. 2 seaters don't have much of a view of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulpac28VIPDined on 10/15/2014This was my second visit. First time for lunch. Had the veggie plate. It was wonderful. The fried okra was perfectly crispy. The succotash was the bomb! Got to order the "famous" ice cream sandwiches that are only on the lunch menu. The maple ginger was our favorite. Peanut Butter was ok, and I love all things peanut butter. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- ketiSilasVIPDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful, trendy restaurant. Great menu with emphasis on local farm products. Superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best gets betterLerchVIPDined on 10/11/2014Needed a restaurant to entertain extremely selective foodies from the NYC area. Miller Union delivered an extraordinary experience. Food was creative in a good way and overflowing with flavor. Service was attentive yet friendly and relaxed. Cocktails were best in class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh is best.RaeganGHDined on 10/11/2014We had a great meal at Miller Union for our son's birthday. Love the appetizers with the fresh ingredients and our entrees were great. The service was fabulous! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedHNKgVIPDined on 10/11/201438 dollars for a small piece of fish that needed seasoning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Great find. Surprisingly good. Excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!Love2eatDined on 10/7/2014Not only is the restaurant itself beautiful, the food is incredible! Do yourself a favor and order the triple peanut butter pie when it is available (it will not disappoint). Wonderfully helpful staff for our group of six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJ4everDined on 10/6/2014We are so glad we choose to dine at Miller Union - the food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This place was very well reviewed. Everything about the place was great, location, interior, service. But the food was bland. The farm egg is a milky egg soup, the salmon spread tastes like the supermarket stuff, although the pickled okra that came with it was delicious. The porkchop was meh, the dessert strangely came as dry puns cake with a yummy whipped spread and some sort of jelly and Nutella concoction. This place is fine, big groups, or business meetings. It's just nothing special in a city crawling with awesome food.
- LorettoDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful food with emohasis on using seasonal vegetables in creative ways. The butternut squash ravioli was outstanding. The grouper and the farm egg in celery cream are standbys and delicious as ever. The staff was very accomodating. Our party of four was thirty minutes late due to traffic but Miller Union held our reservation and welcomed us. Our server even charged two cell phones for guests who had veen traveling all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fall menuPwildflowerDined on 9/30/2014The new Fall menu is out and it was great. The duck was recommended and it was delicious. We loved the vegetable plate. It was hard to resist the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and special dishesluluDined on 9/27/2014The menu was elegant and simple in a foodie kind of way...just try it and seeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The room where we were seated was a bit bright. It was my least favorite table and I have enjoyed your restaurant on many occasions over the past two years.Special Features:
- GreatPatrickDined on 9/26/2014Great food and unique atmosphere. We really enjoyed the farm egg appetizer and the bar made a great old fashioned.Special Features:
- All-Around Great!SaveOurBluthsDined on 9/25/2014Our dinner at Miller Union was one of the best we've had in quite a while. For starters - we tried a couple cocktails from the bar, and both were great. They have a good variety of cocktails on the menu, as well as a good beer and wine list. We loved the butternut squash soup and smoked trout mousse appetizers, and savored every bit. The entrees had very interesting blends of flavors (such as the sauteed quail with buttermillk corn soup, mushrooms, bacon, and huckleberries) and tasted amazing. We had great service - the waiter was able to describe the dishes in detail and we could tell that he not only had tried the dishes before, but was legitimately excited about them. We'll definitely return if we're in Atlanta againSpecial Features:
- Resting on prior good reviewsjustthistimeDined on 9/18/2014It's been a few years since I've been back. The first time food was extremely good, service was good, ambiance was (and still is) stifling and claustrophobic. I hadn't been back because of the ambiance, but wanted to give it a second try since everything else had been good. Mistake. While the menu was supposed to have been updated for the season, there were a lot of things on it from years ago. Some were good the first time, so I reordered, however, I can't say the same again. Just like you can tell someone's put love into food, you can also tell when they are just phoning it in. And that's exactly how the remainder of the meal went. I wouldn't even mention price if it had been good, but for the price I definitely expect more.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the overall dining experience was awesome. Quick and attentive service. Food was delish. I would recommend the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyGoodorbad7Dined on 9/13/2014While I had seen Anthony Bourdain in this restaurant on his Layover series I did not listen to the noise level. (I truly wish I had). We went for my birthday expecting a nice quiet relaxed meal after driving for 8 1/2 hours from Va. Steve was our waiter and service was fine. The food was not the best I've had but there a miller thyme drink was fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch across all categories!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The cocktails are fabulous, food is excellent and fresh and the service is exceptional! Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brentbigb01Dined on 9/13/2014The ambiance is nothing to write home about, but the overall service and food, particularly the cocktails, we're very good. The flavors of the food range from average (such as the feta snack appetizer or the flat iron steak entree) to exquisite (such as the risotto appetizer or the roasted quail entree). overall, a very pleasant experience and some place I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, good service, fun spot. I suggest requesting a table in one of the rooms with windows.Special Features:
- Good mealCraigDined on 9/6/2014This was our 4th time at Miller's Union. The food was outstanding. However, waiter and table (2 topper squuezed next to another couple) was sub-par!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationLexiVIPDined on 9/5/2014Recently ate at MU for my boyfriend's birthday. We brought a favorite bottle of wine and paid the relatively inexpensive $35 corkage fee (inexpensive compared to the wine list, that is). We enjoyed both the "farm egg baked in celery cream" as well as the inventive "field peas, peanuts, charred tomato & pepper, ricotta, mint" starter. The egg was phenomenal, if not the texture I had imagined. The pea salad was fresh and interesting but probably my least favorite menu item we tried all night. For an entree I had the ravioli and the BF had the pork chop. Ravioli was good, rustic looking with a poached egg on top. The pork was phenomenal. Perfectly cooked and moist. We split the fig tart for dessert and loved it. SUPERB service. Great food.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit to Miller Union. I met a couple of friends for lunch. I had to wait and my server recommended the handmade sodas and the hummus to tide me over while I waited. I very much enjoyed both. For lunch one friend and I shared the croquets and a vegetable plate. Again, scrumptious. The food was simply prepared, and simply delicious. I haven't enjoyed fresh vegetables this much since I was a kid. They were fresh, and flavorful. The succotash prepared with bacon, was just awesome. We also had ice cream sandwiches for lunch. Really enjoyed the bourbon/butter pecan treat. Did not love the corn ice cream. That was probably a questionable choice, but hey... we had fun. Our server was great as well. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently an AKulinaryKidVIPDined on 9/4/2014our server was superb. Great recommendations, great personality. Food was amazing. The shrimp and watermelon salad: their Egg appetizer is amazing, and unique !; the duck confit and the grouper were awesome. Portions are not huge, but appropriate. We also had desert, and the plumb torte and the peach/pecan desert each came with ice cream and were awesomeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerTLCK1Dined on 8/30/2014I had to schedule a last minute birthday dinner and Miller Union was available. I wasn't very familiar with the restaurant but kept my reservation for my family from out of town. Wow, we were all impressed. The food was incredible, especially the vegetables. Many restaurants view the vegetables as an afterthought but not here. My father, who is very commonly unimpressed, was extremely happy. The server was knowledgeable and engaging but not to the point of being intrusive. It was my first visit but it will not be my last.Special Features:
- Southern cooking done rightBobminDined on 8/30/2014From the time we were greeted by Neal until we bid him farewell, we felt completely at home. This was my first dinner experience at Miller Union (I previously had lunched here) and all of the advance billings lived completely up to my expectations. My pork chop was superb and cooked exactly the way I ordered it. My son had duck and loved it and my ex had grouper and said it was the best she had ever had. The side order of fried okra left us wanting more. I, of course, had the egg in celery cream appetizer and I understand why this is a signature dish. I was so full at this point I could only manage the scoop of the day for dessert. Would loved to have tried some of the others. I will return soon.Special Features:
- All around fantasticjasonDined on 8/21/2014I took my wife here for her birthday dinner and it was great. The staff was friendly and responsive and the service was great. My water was never less than half full and our drinks were amazing. The food was also fantastic. All around great experience and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready to go back!JeffDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed a girls night here and the atmosphere, service, food... all was amazing! It is all fresh, farm-to-table food. I look forward to taking my family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip!Mountainlover123Dined on 8/19/2014Bar was a little small. & we wish we had had a view instead of the dark room in back. But great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for kidsFirstDined on 8/19/2014Been here before and loved here. Kitchen was VERY slow in getting food to table between appetizers, salads and entrees. Everything was delicious. THAT BEING SAID - MU was extremely accommodating to our ever growing group of originally 7, ending up 10. Our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pricey for uneven qualityIntowndinerDined on 8/19/2014Picked this place for a business dinner. Ordered soup of day, creamed corn which was pleasant and very roasted-corn-like. The entree, a ravioli with duck egg and smoked tomatoes, was a miss. It was slightly sour and not very appetizing, All in all, I was disappointed for the gent who picked up the bill - $130 with wine. I won't likely return.
- Gem in AtlnataSenonerDined on 8/16/2014Coming from Chicago, I really haven't found a delicious place to eat here yet. Miller Union was surprising delicious and the staff was excellent. This is definitely a place that has everything down pat for a foodie. Great staff, service, and of course Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience all around!ATLocavoreDined on 8/16/2014We've eaten at some of Atlanta's best restaurants, but Miller Union rises to the top. First, we were greeted warmly though we were running well past our reserved time. Walking through the restaurant is a sensory experience in and of itself. The space is carved into an odyssey of distinctive rooms that flow from open & bright to secluded & intimate creating a relaxing atmosphere for comfortable conversation. The staff know their stuff, but are not the least bit pretentious. My wife commented that the steak was the best she'd ever had. I have to agree. (Don't tell my father-in-law; he wears the master grilling apron.) I had the veggie plate, which was such a cornucopia of local goodness, I had to make two meals out of it. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilipVIPDined on 8/15/2014Pork Chop was way over-cooked and very tough/chewy, grouper was completely over-powered by the sauce. Won't be back, just not worth the price.
- Party of 8, office outtingJingleyDined on 8/13/2014This was a great option for a small group of co-workers. Food was awesome, drink specials were especially tasty and the decor was great. Also seemed like a great date night spot. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.