999 Brady Ave Suite 106
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millerunion.com/
- Phone: (678) 733-8550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11:30am - 2:30 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steven Satterfield
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Miller Union
Miller Union features simply prepared food with a strong focus on local and regional farm-to-table standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Miller Union - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Miller Union reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (152)special occasion (99)neighborhood gem (67)notable wine list (65)hot spot (60)romantic (54)good for groups (44)great for lunch (35)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- The robo-waiter killed the nightIMFunnDined on 11/15/2014Our waiter refused to council us on our food and drink choices. If we asked whether a cocktail was on the sweeter or dryer side of the spectrum, he robotically repeated that all of their drinks were "perfectly balanced," which makes no sense and led to half our party ordering an unpleasantly tart cocktail. If we asked his preference between two entrees, he robotically repeated that all dishes were perfect in flavor, portion, and presentation, and that he therefore had no preferences. This is not how a good waiter acts. The food was good, but one of the entrees--the chestnut pasta--was a quarter the size of the others. It looked like a tapa plate, that's how small we're talking. Mainly, the waiter was just the worst. I honestly won't go back because he set such a bad tone for our very expensive night out.
- decavisitsDined on 11/15/2014The food was terrific, especially the trout mousse and Lavosh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchJacmac4000Dined on 11/11/2014Notable specials this day, parsnip soup and bbq chicken sandwich with chips and house-made pickle, special ordered dessert assortment, flavored soda, coffee service, all grand. Watchful service, patrons mostly well-heeled, younger, making-it types with one or two power tables working. A nice mix for the right price.Special Features:
- Food made up for the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is sort of oddly divided into different rooms and, while some have a very cool vibe, the room we were in was a little more corporate feeling. There was carpeting, no windows, and bright lighting - which was a departure from the rest of the restaurant. We were celebrating our anniversary and would've appreciated a more romantic atmosphere. The ambiance notwithstanding, food was outstanding and the service was great. Highly recommend the trout mousse as an appetizer and the duck as an entree.Special Features:
- not as good as we expectedlauraVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was the second time we ate here. We wanted to give it another try, thinking that maybe we didn't order right the first time. Alas, we still didn't love it. While the service was very friendly and the ambiance excellent, the food was just okay. We tried the egg appetizer this time based on the rave reviews and it was good, not great - not much of a celery taste. We also had a bean salad that was okay. My husband liked his chestnut ravioli, but my pasta with clams was way too salty from the ham ingredient. The sticky toffee dessert was also just okay, particularly compared to other sticky toffee desserts we've had at other places. We did love the Miller Thyme cocktails.
- Good Saturday lunchrtpivVIPDined on 11/8/2014The service was the only thing that cost Miller Union a star. Once seated, a server didn't show up. I asked someone if she was our server and she said no, but she could be. We had some other glitches, soup didn't show up but still were charged. The positives: the setting is the old Killer Union Stockyard. The ambiance is really cool. And the southern cuisine is as good as it gets. The fried chicken special was over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceSweeksDined on 11/1/2014Farm to table deliciousness but got out-ordered by my dinner partners. The chicken was meh, the broccoli rabe tough, but my nibbles from other plates told a different story so we will keep this in mind for another visit. Our server was great, gave wonderful descriptions and made us feel cared for without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visit!YummyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great service. Creative food. Wonderful experience! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeJmcpiper13Dined on 10/31/2014Love the bar, menu and of course the food. I had the ravioli. Pasta handmade that morning. My husband had the tilefish. Yummy and great wine suggestions along the way!!!Special Features:
- thanksVictoriaDined on 10/30/2014Our service was outstanding. We started to re-order a bottle of the first wine purchased at the bar, and our server recommended a different bottle in the same genre. So awesome that she was able to identify our taste and suggest a different excellent experience. Her attitude was not overbearing and she managed to read us correctly. It takes confidence without arrogance to do that. She was also training a new server who make some mistakes but did a terrific job at the same time. We forgave his eagerness to take our plates and glasses before we were actually done ;) And, the bartender was outstanding. Really really good job. Last but not least, food, happy to see persimmons and other fall-inspired southern produce on the menu. Quail. Yum.Special Features:
- Special Occasion/Date Night SpotewoodDined on 10/29/2014Miller Union was delicious! They have a great atmosphere with impeccable service. Our waiter had an immense knowledge of the wine list, as well as the menu and how everything was prepared. He made great wine/food recommendations. We had one of their signature starters, Farm egg in celery cream with grilled bread. It was perfectly simple and totally delicious. Their menu is always changing, but if everything is as good as the Rabbit and the Duck were, then you will love every bite.Special Features:
- Silky zucchini soup, fried chicken!Brian9672VIPDined on 10/25/2014I mean, how can you go wrong with that?? Excellent...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014The staff was friendly, accommodating, and on point. The food was very good but won't win over anyone looking for an inspiring dining experience. The area we were seated was very tight and felt like a closet. The ambiance of this area is poorly executed. I'm unsure if all seating for couples is this way, unfortunately we will not likely return unless we have a minimum of 4 people with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingNat1Dined on 10/24/2014Delicious food and excellent setting for a business or networking lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalitalyVIPDined on 10/23/2014Exceptional farm to table food for lunch and dinner . Beyond expectation every time from hamburger and ice cream sandwich at lunch to sweetbreads and chicken for dinner .Special Features:
- Lackluster experienceDinner4twoDined on 10/21/2014We had a server who was arrogant and was too busy to serve us. We would have been fine with that had the food blown us away. Unfortunately the food was one dimensional and lackluster. Over all disappointed because there are so many better restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Best meal of the year!jkwellsDined on 10/17/2014Recommend the farm egg, pork chop, and duck. Everything was fantastic tho. Beer list is a little short and cocktails were not all that inventive, but the Whistling Dixie is not too bad if you're in the mood for whiskey.Special Features:
- Can we talk? No !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014It was too noisy to have a normal conversation. My grouper was almost too salty to eat. Another at the table said the same thing. Others enjoyed their food. None of us would return because if tbe noise levelSpecial Features:
- Nice for a business lunch ...KateauVIPDined on 10/16/2014the food is great, the seating is comfortable, and it is not too loud.Special Features:
- Amazing apps. Solid entrees.FoodLifeDined on 10/15/2014Seats were worn out and were a bit of an eyesore. 2 seaters don't have much of a view of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulpac28VIPDined on 10/15/2014This was my second visit. First time for lunch. Had the veggie plate. It was wonderful. The fried okra was perfectly crispy. The succotash was the bomb! Got to order the "famous" ice cream sandwiches that are only on the lunch menu. The maple ginger was our favorite. Peanut Butter was ok, and I love all things peanut butter. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- ketiSilasVIPDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful, trendy restaurant. Great menu with emphasis on local farm products. Superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best gets betterLerchVIPDined on 10/11/2014Needed a restaurant to entertain extremely selective foodies from the NYC area. Miller Union delivered an extraordinary experience. Food was creative in a good way and overflowing with flavor. Service was attentive yet friendly and relaxed. Cocktails were best in class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh is best.RaeganGHDined on 10/11/2014We had a great meal at Miller Union for our son's birthday. Love the appetizers with the fresh ingredients and our entrees were great. The service was fabulous! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedHNKgVIPDined on 10/11/201438 dollars for a small piece of fish that needed seasoning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Great find. Surprisingly good. Excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!Love2eatDined on 10/7/2014Not only is the restaurant itself beautiful, the food is incredible! Do yourself a favor and order the triple peanut butter pie when it is available (it will not disappoint). Wonderfully helpful staff for our group of six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJ4everDined on 10/6/2014We are so glad we choose to dine at Miller Union - the food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This place was very well reviewed. Everything about the place was great, location, interior, service. But the food was bland. The farm egg is a milky egg soup, the salmon spread tastes like the supermarket stuff, although the pickled okra that came with it was delicious. The porkchop was meh, the dessert strangely came as dry puns cake with a yummy whipped spread and some sort of jelly and Nutella concoction. This place is fine, big groups, or business meetings. It's just nothing special in a city crawling with awesome food.
- LorettoDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful food with emohasis on using seasonal vegetables in creative ways. The butternut squash ravioli was outstanding. The grouper and the farm egg in celery cream are standbys and delicious as ever. The staff was very accomodating. Our party of four was thirty minutes late due to traffic but Miller Union held our reservation and welcomed us. Our server even charged two cell phones for guests who had veen traveling all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fall menuPwildflowerDined on 9/30/2014The new Fall menu is out and it was great. The duck was recommended and it was delicious. We loved the vegetable plate. It was hard to resist the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and special dishesluluDined on 9/27/2014The menu was elegant and simple in a foodie kind of way...just try it and seeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The room where we were seated was a bit bright. It was my least favorite table and I have enjoyed your restaurant on many occasions over the past two years.Special Features:
- GreatPatrickDined on 9/26/2014Great food and unique atmosphere. We really enjoyed the farm egg appetizer and the bar made a great old fashioned.Special Features:
- All-Around Great!SaveOurBluthsDined on 9/25/2014Our dinner at Miller Union was one of the best we've had in quite a while. For starters - we tried a couple cocktails from the bar, and both were great. They have a good variety of cocktails on the menu, as well as a good beer and wine list. We loved the butternut squash soup and smoked trout mousse appetizers, and savored every bit. The entrees had very interesting blends of flavors (such as the sauteed quail with buttermillk corn soup, mushrooms, bacon, and huckleberries) and tasted amazing. We had great service - the waiter was able to describe the dishes in detail and we could tell that he not only had tried the dishes before, but was legitimately excited about them. We'll definitely return if we're in Atlanta againSpecial Features:
- Resting on prior good reviewsjustthistimeDined on 9/18/2014It's been a few years since I've been back. The first time food was extremely good, service was good, ambiance was (and still is) stifling and claustrophobic. I hadn't been back because of the ambiance, but wanted to give it a second try since everything else had been good. Mistake. While the menu was supposed to have been updated for the season, there were a lot of things on it from years ago. Some were good the first time, so I reordered, however, I can't say the same again. Just like you can tell someone's put love into food, you can also tell when they are just phoning it in. And that's exactly how the remainder of the meal went. I wouldn't even mention price if it had been good, but for the price I definitely expect more.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the overall dining experience was awesome. Quick and attentive service. Food was delish. I would recommend the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyGoodorbad7Dined on 9/13/2014While I had seen Anthony Bourdain in this restaurant on his Layover series I did not listen to the noise level. (I truly wish I had). We went for my birthday expecting a nice quiet relaxed meal after driving for 8 1/2 hours from Va. Steve was our waiter and service was fine. The food was not the best I've had but there a miller thyme drink was fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch across all categories!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The cocktails are fabulous, food is excellent and fresh and the service is exceptional! Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brentbigb01Dined on 9/13/2014The ambiance is nothing to write home about, but the overall service and food, particularly the cocktails, we're very good. The flavors of the food range from average (such as the feta snack appetizer or the flat iron steak entree) to exquisite (such as the risotto appetizer or the roasted quail entree). overall, a very pleasant experience and some place I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.