999 Brady Ave Suite 106
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millerunion.com/
- Phone: 6787338550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11:30am - 2:30 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steven Satterfield
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Miller Union
Miller Union features simply prepared food with a strong focus on local and regional farm-to-table standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Miller Union - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Miller Union reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (161)special occasion (118)neighborhood gem (75)notable wine list (74)romantic (61)hot spot (46)good for groups (45)great for lunch (44)vibrant bar scene (28)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Gem in AtlnataSenonerDined on 8/16/2014Coming from Chicago, I really haven't found a delicious place to eat here yet. Miller Union was surprising delicious and the staff was excellent. This is definitely a place that has everything down pat for a foodie. Great staff, service, and of course Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We've eaten at some of Atlanta's best restaurants, but Miller Union rises to the top. First, we were greeted warmly though we were running well past our reserved time. Walking through the restaurant is a sensory experience in and of itself. The space is carved into an odyssey of distinctive rooms that flow from open & bright to secluded & intimate creating a relaxing atmosphere for comfortable conversation. The staff know their stuff, but are not the least bit pretentious. My wife commented that the steak was the best she'd ever had. I have to agree. (Don't tell my father-in-law; he wears the master grilling apron.) I had the veggie plate, which was such a cornucopia of local goodness, I had to make two meals out of it. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilipVIPDined on 8/15/2014Pork Chop was way over-cooked and very tough/chewy, grouper was completely over-powered by the sauce. Won't be back, just not worth the price.
- Location iffy. Special not specialladolcevitaatlantaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Located off the beaten path, in a "transitional" area. Cool, contemporary "farmhouse-type" interior has great ambiance. Waiter recommended chef's "signature & award-winning" buttermilk-battered fried chicken special. It was a greasy, heavily-battered mess. Only a few edible bites, and served with skimpy vegetable medley (a few green beans, okra, black eyed peas and tomatoes). The chef should consider serving a (1/2) chicken breast, with two small sides (a vegetable and a starch, like mashed potatoes). This entrée would not be enough for a man. We left hungry. Thumbs up for its "sustainability" efforts; but based on value and price perceived on this occasion, I probably won't go back. Maybe should have ordered a sandwich or burger.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchRunToEatDined on 8/9/2014It was a lovely spot. We requested outdoor seating and were seated in what essentially felt like a screened in patio, but it was very light and open with high ceilings. The feta appetizers was excellent. The pulled pork, kale, and carrot sandwich was my favorite dish. I had the trout with veggies. Thw veggies were good, and the trout was done perfectly, but lacked a little flavor. The croquettes were also very good. The ice cream sandwiches we had for dessert were AWESOME. There were three of us, and we each ordered a different flavor. Each one tastes like it sounds and they are all wonderfully delicious, though my favorite was the chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HipNewtoATLDined on 8/6/2014The food was very good and unique. The service was awesome. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Good decision.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Dined on 8/4/14 for a special occasion. The food and service were great. We started with cocktails and then had an appetizer, entrees and dessert. It was the perfect dinner and location for a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerbamerosDined on 8/2/2014Planned a special event dinner at Miller Union and it was a great experience and dinner. Would go back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a little expensiveoheckyeahDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I liked Miller Union. The food is good, the service is great, the ingredients are all fresh and really good, but it's a little too expensive for what you're getting. The food was good, not great, and for the money, I think we could feel a little more satisfied somewhere else. Overall a nice experience, and would recommend, but cautiously.
- Wonderful Lunch VenueebgwinVIPDined on 8/1/2014We took 8 to Miller Union for a going away lunch for a co-worker. Everything was delicious. Plenty of options for our vegetarian friend. Everything was fresh and well prepared. BTL - great. Outstanding burger.. (add bacon). When you go - be sure and save room for one of their fabulous housemade ice cream sandwiches. YUMMMMSpecial Features:
- Second Try Was Just as LacklusterSusanaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Was not impressed the first time I tried it when it first opened and was just as unimpressed my second attempt. Awkward average service. Food is bland, under-seasoned, and heavy on the vinegar with weird combinations that don't taste good. It's a cramped overpriced little place that sounds good on paper but does no deliver.
- delicious!kristaDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I went this week and were not disappointed. We got that mousse trout and field/green bean salad for apps. Both were so delicious. The salad was outstanding and I highly recommend to everyone! He got the pork chop that was cooked to perfection. My grouper was wonderful. Steven our waiter is someone you should ask for. I love this place.Special Features:
- Salty....rg1gaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Been to Miller Union before but it has been awhile. We took out of town guests and had to send three dishes back due to excessive saltiness. This was not just picky eaters but remarkably heavy-handed salt that all four people at the table agreed that it was simply too salty to eat. Server was excellent in how he handled everything but for a place that prides itself on Farm to Table freshness, this salt excess, something within the control of the kitchen, is so disappointing that I will not go back.Special Features:
- Love itDRSCOTTDined on 7/25/2014We had an amazing dinner, everyone loved the Apps. We all enjoyed every bite! You will not be disapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go back!PerfectEveningDined on 7/23/2014Great meal. Strong server...knowledgeable and attentive, but unobtrusive. Bar was a bit too noisy for a normal conversation, considering the size. Specialty drinks were yummy, but the bartenders were inconsistent. I had 2 of the same cocktail made by 2 different bartenders and they tasted totally different. (also - one barkeep was friendly and the other seemed unenthusiastic about his job and serving us.)Special Features:
- Great inventive foodDinaMNVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our second time at Miller Union. Our server was attentive and helpful. I thought the food was delicious. We particularly enjoyed the pork chop (though initially skeptical that it would be good with blueberries), the duck leg confit, and the fried okra. I will probably not be going back too soon, because the food is so unique it is hard for my non-foodie friends to find things they are willing to try -- which is everyone's loss. The atmosphere in the room next to the bar is only OK; it is much better to have a table in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite midtown restaurantSistervisitVIPDined on 7/19/2014This time, as with prior visits, I was pleased to introduce my sister from LA and simply said, order anything...it will be fresh, cooked to perfection and appropriately seasoned creating amazing flavors. She was so impressed and our server was very attentive and professional. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miller UnionnokitchentocleanDined on 7/18/2014The back room does not have much ambience and was a bit loud. Other than that everything was super. I love the fried okra.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Our server was great and the whole experience was wonderful! They know who they are as a restaurant and do it very well and I appreciate that very much. We will definitely be back again and recommend Miller Union to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Fabulous, this is what a great restaurant should be as it hits all the marks. Attention to sourcing of food, preparation, delivery and highly informed and attentive staff! The freshness of the food shines in all the dishes including the desserts. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Friendly!PottseVIPDined on 7/15/2014I had dinner here with some friends. The hostess was friendly and welcoming as the door was held open for us by an eye catching bar tender. The gentlemen tending bar were moderately attentive and made a fine drink. We sat out on the covered patio area which was enjoyable. Our server Jonathan was attentive and informative. He was extremely considerate of my being vegan and had the kitchen make corrections for my diet. Everything was beautifully presented and extremely palette pleasing. I will certainly come here again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt like I was at Houstons!PacemomDined on 7/14/2014Great food spoiled by a lightening fast kitchen. The appetizer plates were picked up to be replaced by the entrees 30 seconds later!!! When I mentioned it to the waiter he was astonished and told me that I should have told him to take a break between courses - "that how most of their diners like their food timed". Not what I expect from a restaurant at that price point
- great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed our lunch there. first time visitor to the location and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but not ready for kidsKathrynDined on 7/12/2014We went for lunch on a Saturday and it was lovely, except for one thing. They don't have any high chairs or booster seats. I realize that kids are not their main audience but when I include a note saying we will need a booster or high chair in the reservation, it would have been kind to call or email to let me know you don't have them, at least my husband wouldn't have had to chase the valet to get the one keep in the car. Our servers were kind to our son. The food was delicious, local and thoughtful and the suggestion that they cut up an ice cream sandwich so we could share was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They lost our reservationmolaDined on 7/11/2014They lost our reservation and did nothing to accommodate us while we waited for a table.Special Features:
- Impressed all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Great meal, we started with cold appetizers which weren't my favorite but then tried the baked celery cream appetizer which was out of this world, a must try if you go!! The grouper entree had great complimenting flavors and the blueberry honey tart was a DELICIOUS dessert!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. The table out on the patio rates an F. Table was facing the setting sun and it was too hot to be sitting outside. Very surprised they were using the outdoor area that early in the evening. Would definitely go back for the food, but would request an indoor table unless it was cool and the sun had set.
- Pleasing Three GenerationsJayEdwardVIPDined on 7/5/2014The ages of our party of four ranged from ten to seventy. Everyone got what they were looking for -- a restaurant with superb food and highly professional service. This was my fourth meal at MU and the one that for me defined this as a real destination restaurant. My duck confit was as good as it gets, but the seasonal vegetables are what most elevate the dining experience. (The great wine selection doesn't hurt.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014The place is beautiful and trendy. We had a terrific time. Great food, great service. Jonathan was a fantastic server. Glad we came and we will come back if ever we are in ATL again.Special Features:
- always pleasessharonDined on 6/28/2014It had been a couple of years since I was last at Miller Union but they didn't disappoint. They were as good if not better than they were. The service was excellent as was the server. He explained complex dishes to a tee.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodie9000Dined on 6/28/2014Good food. Great and knowledgable service. Location of restaurant however is in a weird spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Expectations....againPalateWinsDined on 6/27/2014Miller Union never disappoints with their amazing service and incredibly delicious food. It's our "go to" spot for special occasions and it's always a hit. I'm a big fan of vegetables and the chef always has an interesting selection that satisfies any palate. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 6/24/2014This was a very fine restaurant in a city filled with them. i merits return visits.Special Features:
- Super Friendly WaiteraverycittyDined on 6/21/2014Not sure what his name was but our waiter was incredibly friendly and helpful with the wine list and food recs. I almost felt bad not ordering desert after he lavished over the menu for a good five minutes.Special Features:
- Fun, Different and Delicious!BrownStoneDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I dined here for our anniversary dinner and were very pleased with the food and service. The menu is seasonal but somewhat abbreviated (especially compared to the exhaustive wine list) so if there are only a couple of dishes that you enjoy you may find this is somewhere that you visit just occasionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceCdubndabennyDined on 6/20/2014The food was some of the best I have had (locally sourced ingredients). The bartender was knowledgable and made great drinks. The host staff was very friendly. Our waitress was efficient, but not very friendly. She had a big table and seemed a little stressed. The service however was quick. The only negative I have was that we were seated outside on a pretty hot night without asking our preference.Special Features:
- Fun times in AtlantaMidtownfoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Went to dinner with another couple, notable wine list, the egg creme appetizer was delicious and the cheese plate had a good assortment if cheeses. I had the veggie plate which was very hearty and colorful, very filling. My fiancé had the steak it was tasty but the portion size was small for the price. The desserts were great recommend the pecan caramel tart served warm with yummy ginger ice creme and the chocolate dessert!Special Features:
- A great placeCF06Dined on 6/17/2014Amazing place, very fresh and fine food, cozy and nice ambienceSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!yummystuffDined on 6/14/2014A delicious, unique meal! Our server recommended the perfect wine pairing. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryTDined on 6/14/2014Great service, great food and a beautiful restaurant; would definitely go back.Special Features: