3885 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4N 2P2Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themiller.ca/
- Phone: (416) 322-5544
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days a week - 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight, Sundays: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Hugh Kerr
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Yonge & York Mills
- Public Transit: We are located just south of the York Mills Subway stop on the Yonge TTC Subway Line
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have our own Parking Lot with approx 50 spots, which does fill up quickly. However we are located adjacent to a Public Green P - parking lot.
A word from Miller Tavern
Located in the heart of Hogg's Hollow at York Mills and Yonge, Toronto's famous Jolly Miller has been reborn as the Miller Tavern, complete with an Oyster Lounge, casual fine dining and one of the city's largest outdoor patios. We also offer outdoor dining on our glass enclosed, heated veranda year-round. The Miller Tavern offers "serious seafood - superb steaks - sophisticated spirits" in a casual, comfortable environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Miller Tavern - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Miller Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (50)special occasion (46)great for lunch (45)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (24)scenic view (20)romantic (15)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- JCosDined on 11/22/2014We were a group of eight. Our server, Amy, was attentive without being overbearing. The kitchen provided an amuse-bouche and the bar a complimentary nightcap. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Millers - Yonge StBellaDined on 11/15/2014You can not find too many places in GTA that have great parking and great food :) Miller's is one of those places. Fantastic location. Hop to 401, food doesn't fail, and always outstanding service. Love to bring our family here. Hassle free eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Manager!AnneDined on 11/9/2014We had a mishap with the food itself, but the manager more than made up for the mistake. He was extremely apologetic and rectified the situation immediately. His efficiency and helpfulness made our experience a good one. So much so that we would consider coming back again.Special Features:
- Give the Miller a minusStrawbladDined on 11/8/2014Food so average, it looks dull, uninspired and tired when it first arrives at your table. All downhill after your first bite.
- Excellent brunchwmcbainDined on 11/8/2014took my fiance there for her birthday - was excellent. The staff was awesome, and the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday, Nov. 07th.DeepseaDined on 11/7/2014Had a great time last Friday night. We were upstairs in a booth. -just what I requested. Started with French onion soup and the calamari. Both were amazing! Then my date had the Filet Mignon, and I had the 16oz Prime Rib cooked exactly how I wanted. And we shared a crème brulet for dessert. And we each had a glass of pinot grigio and fresh coffee during dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soon to be a rarer visitLakeladDined on 11/2/201410th or 11th visit but first since the new menu. Prices have gone up considerably and choice down. Service was pleasant and attentive. Noise and bustle was moderate, perhaps not surprising given it was less than 1/3 full. Enjoy the location for convenience and atmosphere but they alone can't overcome the deficiencies of the new menu and pricing. $25 for a burger? Come on!Special Features:
- Wonderful 32nd anniversary eveningtednancyDined on 10/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. The food was amazing and the ambiance perfect. The service and the special touches to make this a wonderful anniversary were really appreciated. A big thank you to Peter and Laura.Special Features:
- fun and comfortableGreensDined on 10/22/2014Good for groups and for intimate conversations. Had an enjoyable dinner with a friend and an attentive waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014I was with a group of women who get together every two months for a restaurant dinner. This was our first visit to The Miller and we all found it a very positive experience. The food, ambiance and staff were all top notch. We will, most likely return.Special Features:
- A little pricy...pmedmoeDined on 10/13/2014We had been to Miller tavern for New Year's Eve and enjoyed it, so we thought we'd try again for Thanksgiving. For $27, we got an "amuse" (a single spring roll) and a turkey dinner. The turkey dinner was very good and just the right serving size, but for $27, I thought a dessert might be included. Nope...not at all. So, for two dinners, two desserts and a bottle of very nice Syrah (Jackson-Triggs Delaine), the bill came to almost $150. I've spent that at Rosewater and felt I got more value for it there. By the way, even with a $15 corkage fee (and only $1 on Mondays!), it would have been cheaper to bring the wine ourselves. Also, it would have been nice to get a bread basket.Special Features:
- Thanks for ThanksgivingSasquackDined on 10/12/2014This was the second time my family has had Thanksgiving dinner here and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Traditional, but each item on my plate was extremely flavourful and well-seasoned. And just the right amount too. Room for dessert and we didn't have to roll ourselves out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betternotsatisfiedneighbourDined on 10/12/2014This is a great location with good parking. On this occasion, the service was friendly but slow. The salad was limp and uninspired with an underripe tomato slice on top. The main course was a two person shared prime rib with veg. The mashed potatoes arrived on a steaming hot plate but were themselves tepid and crusted over - sent these back. The vegetables were too undercooked to be worth eating. The prime rib was spectacular. They did not offer coffee after the meal but brought a delicious cinnamon liqueur shot - wonderful Still wanted coffee though and had to have it after the liqueur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating for groupsMikeDined on 10/11/2014Lots of space for groups. Good menu and selection. Portions were on the smaller side, but overall very tasty.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014Specifically asked for a quiet table when we booked our reservation as our son has hearing difficulties - they placed us right next to the entrance to a large private party that was quite loud. Food was disappointing. Had to send steak back - not cooked as we had asked. Service was good and waitress was very nice but overall disappointing.Special Features:
- BuckWasHereDined on 9/27/2014Compared to other $$$ restaurants around I'd say it is better than most. I didn't go with huge expectations but it was fair value given the price you pay for a two or three star place these days. Nothing remarkable for the variety of dishes; but simple respectful, attentive server which is nice for a change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBusinessDiner9Dined on 9/23/2014Great place to wine and dine and do business. It's a busy place but food and drinks come fast and the steaks are very well cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly Bad Service this time.YummyumsVIPDined on 9/21/2014We dined here for a celebratory lunch for my mothers birthday recently. Unfortunately, we had the most horrible service on this particular occasion. The waitress had to be reminded several times to bring water for the table, milk for my son and then completely forgot the coffee I ordered with my dessert. No apologies were offered for these misses. However, in my opinion the worst part was her rude response when my husband asked what sides that came with a dish. Her response was, "I don't know, I've never had it. I can another waiter if you really want to know". He didn't trouble her with such an outlandish request! This was an aberration because in the past I've dined here and enjoyed outstanding service from the waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeanneDined on 9/20/2014Delicious food, good service, but we sat around for quite a long time before our entrées came. Beef did not come exactly as expected (asked for medium, got medium rare). Disappointed that the seasonal dessert was sold out, but the desserts that we did get were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchAnneDined on 9/20/2014I took a friend for her birthday, and the day was nice enough to eat on the enclosed porch. I have been to the Miller a few times before, with mixed reviews. Brunch was very good, and reasonably priced. A very good pastry basket accompanied the first course (a Bellini and Sangria). I had eggs with truffles and my friend had a cobb salad. The portions were good, and everything nicely presented. Dessert, an apple cake, was excellent. The only issue we had was the turkey in my friend's salad seemed to be shaved; but the turkey in the other salads we saw nearby was clearly carved from a turkey breast.Special Features:
- A dining oasisworldtraveller46Dined on 9/16/2014the Miller Tavern is a kind of retreat into warm surroundings, calm and reassuring service, a broad spectrum of menu items, and good feeling. It has been said that at a fine restaurant, one should remember the quality of the occasion, not the waiter's name. So it is at Miller Tavern: memorable for the right reasons!Special Features:
- Consistently Good to GreatGeorgiaDined on 9/13/2014I use the Miller Tavern a lot for large and small events, lunches and dinners. The variety of food and the service are consistently good and I like the many choices of ambiance and seating. I always have a positive experience at the Miller!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisakoVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have been to the Miller numerous times and we always enjoy it. Delicious seafood dishes in particular!Special Features:
- Solid neighborhood restaurantTODinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Miller is on a landmark North York site. It is a fine dining establishment and delivers good food in a pleasing surrounding. More casual then a similar downtown place would be, it is a solid choice for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicelovef00dDined on 9/1/2014I always thought the Miller tavern was more like a bar scene but my friends brought their kids and it was family friendly. We got a private room, which was great for the kids, and the service was amazing. The food was great too. I had oysters and seafood platter and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peterwayneDined on 8/30/2014It's pricey for what you get; $16 for burgers and $6 for sweet potato fries. But I still think it ranks as one on the best burgers in the city.Special Features:
- terrific eveninghartsDined on 8/29/2014menu was excellent---lots to choose from---every course from soup to salad to main course and dessert was well presented, tasty and high quality. The ambience on the partially enclosed porch was most relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Miller tavernLuv2dineDined on 8/24/2014Awesome environment, great service and wonderful food. The prices are good and the service is friendly and outgoing.Special Features:
- FrankiDined on 8/23/2014Great service, food and ambience. I have been there several times for diner and always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent outdoor patio lunchfoodandfunDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed dining on the patio. My salmon burger was excellent as was the friendly and efficient server. Especially enjoyed the complementary chocolate wine served with coffee.Special Features:
- Birthdaykeith10Dined on 8/14/2014I took my wife and children for her birthday and had excellent meal and service. The Miller provided a complimentary chocolate fondue and liqueurs for desert, which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- EastwindDined on 8/9/2014Pretty patio dining. Our waiter was very accommodating. Overall, a lovely evening. Only problem, there is no escape from smoking. We moved tables only to have more smokers around. As there three tiers for the patio area, perhaps one can be dedicated to non-smokers.Special Features:
- Patio dininggr8tniteDined on 8/9/2014We had 2 visitors from Calgary and one of them had never been to Ontario before so we wanted something special. It was PERFECT! We live 3 hours away and well worth the drive. The food was spectacular, seasoned beautifully with wonderful presentation. Very pleasing to the eye and a delight to eat . I was also impressed with the variety of items on the menu...there was something for everyone. Our party of 6 were all pleased with our apps and entrees. To our surprise the restaurant presented our table with an assorted seafood platter that had an array of tender morsels to tempt our taste buds........ this took our dining experience over the top and made it even more of a special experience. Great!Special Features:
- steaks not done to orderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014'Found the service and attention excellent. There were 5 of us and we all had our steaks either over-done (quite well-done) or too raw. One was sent back because it was 'blue' (we received a replacement n/c). We thought it surprising in a place that specializes in steak, however, we had a good time that evening anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CGKVKDined on 8/6/2014Awesome dinner with friends -all of us had different fish plates, all excellent. Patio and service terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Everyone was so blown away by The Miller. The server was very friendly and patient (especially with my out-of-town relatives who don't speak english!) and he made the whole experience such a pleasure! The food was delicious with generous portions! Thanks again and looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Burgers were goodCowboy777VIPDined on 7/31/2014But the fries both sweet potato and russett were both frozen. I was expecting fredhSpecial Features:
- Steak a mistake4biztalkDined on 7/30/2014the Sirloin ordered as medium rare came thin and medium well. Staff did not hesitate to offer to replace it. The replacement came thin and rare, not medium rare, although this time it was at least moist and tender. I ate it, but not what I preferred and not what I ordered. Relaxed atmosphere. Good for our business conversation. Wine list great but over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 757 reviews are from the Miller Tavern reviews archive.
- The Miller never disappoints...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014It's a great place to bring clients, relax after a long week, and enjoy great food. The scallops were amazing and the desserts never disappoint! Our server was fantastic! They were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchWwongDined on 7/27/2014Awesome brunch menu with a good selection. Very nice upper level window seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.