3885 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4N 2P2Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themiller.ca/
- Phone: 4163225544x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days a week - 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight, Sundays: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Hugh Kerr
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Yonge & York Mills
- Public Transit: We are located just south of the York Mills Subway stop on the Yonge TTC Subway Line
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have our own Parking Lot with approx 50 spots, which does fill up quickly. However we are located adjacent to a Public Green P - parking lot.
A word from Miller Tavern
Located in the heart of Hogg's Hollow at York Mills and Yonge, Toronto's famous Jolly Miller has been reborn as the Miller Tavern, complete with an Oyster Lounge, casual fine dining and one of the city's largest outdoor patios. We also offer outdoor dining on our glass enclosed, heated veranda year-round. The Miller Tavern offers "serious seafood - superb steaks - sophisticated spirits" in a casual, comfortable environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Miller Tavern - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Miller Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (77)neighborhood gem (75)special occasion (54)good for groups (54)great for lunch (52)great for brunch (40)fit for foodies (29)scenic view (26)notable wine list (22)romantic (20)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- The Miller tavernLuv2dineDined on 8/24/2014Awesome environment, great service and wonderful food. The prices are good and the service is friendly and outgoing.Special Features:
- FrankiDined on 8/23/2014Great service, food and ambience. I have been there several times for diner and always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent outdoor patio lunchfoodandfunDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed dining on the patio. My salmon burger was excellent as was the friendly and efficient server. Especially enjoyed the complementary chocolate wine served with coffee.Special Features:
- Birthdaykeith10Dined on 8/14/2014I took my wife and children for her birthday and had excellent meal and service. The Miller provided a complimentary chocolate fondue and liqueurs for desert, which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- EastwindDined on 8/9/2014Pretty patio dining. Our waiter was very accommodating. Overall, a lovely evening. Only problem, there is no escape from smoking. We moved tables only to have more smokers around. As there three tiers for the patio area, perhaps one can be dedicated to non-smokers.Special Features:
- Patio dininggr8tniteDined on 8/9/2014We had 2 visitors from Calgary and one of them had never been to Ontario before so we wanted something special. It was PERFECT! We live 3 hours away and well worth the drive. The food was spectacular, seasoned beautifully with wonderful presentation. Very pleasing to the eye and a delight to eat . I was also impressed with the variety of items on the menu...there was something for everyone. Our party of 6 were all pleased with our apps and entrees. To our surprise the restaurant presented our table with an assorted seafood platter that had an array of tender morsels to tempt our taste buds........ this took our dining experience over the top and made it even more of a special experience. Great!Special Features:
- steaks not done to orderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014'Found the service and attention excellent. There were 5 of us and we all had our steaks either over-done (quite well-done) or too raw. One was sent back because it was 'blue' (we received a replacement n/c). We thought it surprising in a place that specializes in steak, however, we had a good time that evening anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CGKVKDined on 8/6/2014Awesome dinner with friends -all of us had different fish plates, all excellent. Patio and service terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Everyone was so blown away by The Miller. The server was very friendly and patient (especially with my out-of-town relatives who don't speak english!) and he made the whole experience such a pleasure! The food was delicious with generous portions! Thanks again and looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Burgers were goodCowboy777VIPDined on 7/31/2014But the fries both sweet potato and russett were both frozen. I was expecting fredhSpecial Features:
- Steak a mistake4biztalkDined on 7/30/2014the Sirloin ordered as medium rare came thin and medium well. Staff did not hesitate to offer to replace it. The replacement came thin and rare, not medium rare, although this time it was at least moist and tender. I ate it, but not what I preferred and not what I ordered. Relaxed atmosphere. Good for our business conversation. Wine list great but over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Miller never disappoints...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014It's a great place to bring clients, relax after a long week, and enjoy great food. The scallops were amazing and the desserts never disappoint! Our server was fantastic! They were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchWwongDined on 7/27/2014Awesome brunch menu with a good selection. Very nice upper level window seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual elaganceLindyDined on 7/26/2014A "high end" atmosphere (wonderful, tasty food) in a comfortably elegant and friendly setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance with great food.firsttimerDined on 7/26/2014Chose it as a romantic dinner, and was received well. The food was great, and the outdoor patio was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchBLynnDDined on 7/24/2014I like the Miller, it's reliable and good food with a great atmosphere. Had their Margarita - amazing. We just had a light lunch the beet and goat cheese salad with chicken … only they forgot the goat cheese. Ah well. I've eaten here many times and will always go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miller, schmillerRapman58VIPDined on 7/22/2014Overrated overpriced with inattentive hostesses and indifferent service. Food is decently prepared but bland. Although I reserved the table 10 days advance they made no effort to offer or time a patio spot even though requested in advance as well. Small gesture at end, chocolate liqueur to go with our coffee on the house, but by that time it was too little too late. If you are in the area it is a nice setting with some historical significance to Toronto - but in a word - meh.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I come here often with clients - great service, fantastic food! Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Nice FindWillowdaleDenizenDined on 7/12/2014Was pleasantly pleased with the Miller, and surprised to hear it was the 10 year anniversary of it being open. So sorry we waited so long. Food was good, presented nicely but above all our service was wonderful. Very friendly and attentive without hovering. Have booked our next gathering already, and look forward to more afternoons or evenings spent at the Miller Tavern.Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We went for dinner and the food of good quality, a little over priced and do not expect large portions. Desserts were exceptional. I am glad we were not in a rush, as the service was extremely slow. The waiter, Tye, claimed there were understaffed but other tables did not wait 30 minutes between coming by. If you go to sit on the patio, stay away from Yonge Street, as you can't carry on a conversation with the traffic.
- L18mDined on 7/7/2014I asked for a quiet table but was seated in a very noisy section. Our service and food were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchgourmandVIPDined on 7/7/2014Came with 3 others to celebrate a birthday & it did not disappoint! Oysters are wonderful, enjoyed the food and good wines by the glass. Staff are very good and attentive.Special Features:
- We don't go for the foodNorthYorkersDined on 7/1/2014We go for the patio, mostly, which is really nice. Nice selection of fresh oysters for the appetizer, and they had a decent selection of wines in the $40-$50 range. Have never had a great meal there, though, especially for the price. This time I had the white tuna entree, which was nicely presented but a bit overlooked for my taste (I like very raw inside). Wasabi mashed potatoes were dry and lumpy, though, not really appetizing at all. Stuffed sole served on chickpeas was OK, but bland and again not great (my wife left half on her plate). We will return, no doubt, but only for the ambiance, and ever hopeful to be pleasantly surprise by improved food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014On a hot summer night, the patio at the Miller Tavern is a perfect spot for casual outdoor dining. The setting sun was blocked by the history and on a 30 degree evening, there was no humidity. The mushroom soup was superb. My wife had the swordfish and I had the scallops and orzo pasta. They were sufficiently accommodating to give me chocolate gelato instead of vanilla with my apple crumble. all in all, an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cottage Patio in the Big CityDvallxDined on 6/26/2014Wonderful setting at "The Miller"; historic mill and road house in Hogg's Hollow! Great, central meet-up spot for gathering with neighbourhood friends, family or business partners. Food and service complement the great tiered patio arrangement and positive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Excellent service, fantastic food (love the tuna), and beautiful venue!! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014excellent menu with good food, great wine list, good ambience , had a great server, warm evening with the windows open--all in all, a very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- LanaDined on 6/21/2014Hi! Unfortunately , this is not first time when I don't like your food :( My quinoa salad wasn't fresh, the fish cold and glass of chianti was sourand stale. Sorry. Thank you for staff.
- mealLuv2dineDined on 6/20/2014Was amazing, fantastic service was great we are planning to come back with family and for our anniversary would highly recommend to our friends to go thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food below expectationsjerrDined on 6/15/2014I've always loved the location. Starting to look tired inside. My biggest disappointment was the food. The prime rib was flavourless, seemed day old. The Yorkshire pudding was below what I could make from a grocery store freezer. My daughter had swordfish and she didn't like the cold quinoa salad combination. Pricey and seems like pub quality food at best.Special Features:
- thymeDined on 6/15/2014lovely meal in a great setting and completely unrushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great_Food_In_a_great_neighbourhood2good2btrueDined on 6/14/2014Food was excellent! Menu is well thought out. The atmosphere is very nice and there is lots of parking available. Good beer selection and good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchdelightDined on 6/10/2014My friends and I have met at Miller Tavern a few times for lunch and have enjoyed the surroundings and the food. We come from all directions and your locations is central for all of us. The menu offers many choices and we all have had dishes to suit our particular tastes. We will be glad to come again and to recommend the Miller Tavern to other friends.Special Features:
- Great patioBellaDined on 6/7/2014Had dinner at Millers on their awesome patio. The weather was a dream and food was fantastic. Love the parking and location. We come often.Special Features:
- Feedback got through!torontiffVIPDined on 6/1/2014Popovers to go with prime rib tonight were not at all too buttery! Server was most excellent - allowed us to taste wine before choosing our glasses. We were also delighted with the ice cream/popcorn/caramel sauce presentation - dinner and a show! Also happy to note the prime rib dinner is not only on Sunday nights, so we will be back again, perhaps with even more friends in tow. The patio is lovely for Toronto summer.
- Never disappoints!Ruthie1Dined on 5/28/2014I have been to the Miller often and have always had a great meal...this was the first time for my luncheon companion and she as also impressed...she intends to return with her husband in the near future....!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!DarioDined on 5/24/2014This was our 2nd visit to The Miller for our group of 4. The first time was very good and the 2nd time also very good. Our waitress Carla was attentive and helpful. We will be back......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too coldmillerfanDined on 5/23/2014I love the Miller Tavern but this visit was a disappointment. I froze almost my entire dinner. I had to ask twice for the fireplace to be turned on or the AC to be turned down. Finally after a few other tables complained they did shut off the fan.The service was friendly but kitchen was slow. My chicken was dry. But my Creme Brule was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a friends birthdayCoopdedoopDined on 5/20/2014We were four women. I called ahead to request a table on the glass enclosed deck and mentioned my friends birthday. Everything was great. Perfect spot, food, service turned out to be a perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at The MillerDMDPDined on 5/18/2014We always enjoy the food at The Miller. It is a great neighbourhood spot. The menu is varied and suits most tastes. Great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.