Miller Tavern- downtown
31 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5J 3B2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Miller Tavern- downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themiller.ca/
- Phone: 4163665544x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Dinner: Saturday 3:00 - 12:00am Sunday 3:00 - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Robin Prasad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that seats up to 20 people max. The perfect setting for a celebration or private business dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Rob Montgomery 4163665544x
- Cross Street: Bay & Harbour St
- Public Transit: We are located about 5 mins south of Union Station and across the street from Queens Quay street car terminal.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking located directly below us in the Pinnacle Condo building. The entrance is located off Harbour Street.
A word from Miller Tavern- downtown
The Miller Tavern is bringing our landmark food and historic vibe to the heart of downtown Toronto. Come experience our Serious Seafood and Superb Steaks, only steps from the Air Canada Centre. We are the ideal spot for a quick meal before the game or concert...and perfect for after work cocktails and snacks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miller Tavern- downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)hot spot (8)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Pre-Game MealwaldoDined on 10/17/2014The Miller is a good choice for dinner before a game at the ACC. Order the prime rib with a lobster tail added for $1.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014This is a great alternative to H60 when you are attending an event @ ACC. Service was quick & attentive. Black cod was delish! Bar area was packed! DJ tooSpecial Features:
- Great Location, off nightjeannmktDined on 9/27/2014Was looking forward to trying this new location. As the ACC was dark across the street, the restaurant was "dead". Caesar salad was excellent, steak dinner came perfectly cooked. After a 2nd try the other main arrived hot and delicious. Shrimp, salmon, scallops, Seafood Thai. Finished with coffee and Guiness cake. We were comped after dinner liquors due to a order mix-up.Special Features:
- LunchRosieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Recently had a business lunch at Miller Tavern. Lunch was not only delicious but healthy as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchSandeKDined on 9/2/2014Very good lunch spot. Had a table on the patio. Wasn't noisy, and was beautifully decorated. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksusiemichaelDined on 8/31/2014Sirloin steak was perfectly seasoned and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed RegularCassidyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Miller Downtown is literally across the street from us so we go there quite often, food is usually fairly good. Not tonight. Sea Bass was over cooked, over oily and hard. My husband's burger was overly greasy. Since the food was so disappointing, we cut our evening short. We paid more attention to our bill (which I normally don't do) and were really quite surprised by the price, $18 for a burger/ $30 for the Sea Bass. This isn't necessarily outlandish pricing if the restaurant is 4-5 stars - i.e. ONE restaurant in Yorkville has a burger in the same price range that is outstanding. The Sea Bass at any nice restaurant is going to be about 30$ but its going to be spectacular. We were really very disappointed.
- Great ServiceOverunderdoneDined on 8/19/2014First time at this location. We came here because the Hogg's Hollow location couldn't accommodate our party of five. Being a Tuesday, the place wasn't very busy and we were seated right away. The server was very friendly and gave us all the time we needed to order drinks, apps and finally dinner - all at different times. Everyone's dinner was amazing, except mine... sort of. I ordered a medium rare filet mignon and got it medium well. While the server did offer to prepare another one, I kept the medium well, sharing some with my wife who prefers it medium well. To the restaurant's credit, they did take the steak off my bill. While I like this location I still prefer the original Hogg's Hollow location since that's the one I'm familiar with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We had a very enjoyable evening... service good and manager was very very accommodating... our friends from the US were very impress with him. It was difficult to check all the above since some of it was hard to tell. We would certainly return when we are downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!FoodLuvvrDined on 7/26/2014I took my mother here just before a concert at the ACC. Not only was the location convenient, but the food was spectacular. The steak should not go untried, and the fish was fresh, lightly sauced, and cooked just right to texture. The desserts were surprisingly lighter than other restaurants so we didn't end up feeling overbloated. It is a little pricey overall, but worth it. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014The staff were welcoming and friendly. They have an impressive wine list and some incredibly creative cocktails. The food was amazing!!! An absolute recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easy spot for lunchTODinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014One of the few spots south of the Air Canada Centre that offers a good, convenient and reasonably priced menu. Lunch specials are interesting as is the beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFabulousfoodDined on 7/18/2014The food was amazing, as was the view and the wine list. Very nice relaxed atmosphere. Will definitely recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service ever and overpriceddowntownDinerDined on 7/18/2014Will never return. A horrible experience. Server was rude and incompetent, and nothing about it matched the expensive menu. I live accross the street and would never return or reccomend this place to a friend or neighbor... This place is terrible
- The following 232 reviews are from the Miller Tavern- downtown reviews archive.
- Miller mmm goodCarolineDined on 6/5/2014Nice quiet booth for conversation, really good food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- lunch spotanniemeDined on 5/12/2014A good business lunch.would visit again.cookies a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceSalmonguyDined on 4/26/2014We both had the beef tenderloin. Very good. The waiter was great. They even bought my wife a beer because it was her birthday. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Greg's ViewThegregmanDined on 4/25/2014Very good food and friendly, non intrusive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great experienceJoeGDined on 4/21/2014Brilliant service, great food - the miller is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We came to the miler tavern for dinner before a raptor game. The noise level was really loud but that's predicable for a resto/bar before a game. This did of course make our dining experience less enjoyable though. appetizer was okay (calamari) but our mains delicious (prime rib chilean sea bass). Didn't have time for desert however our serve brought us a couple shots of chocolate liquor which was very much appreciated. Overall, it's a lively restaurant and fun, but not the best for a romantic dinner. Food is great and reasonably priced for this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable Steak And Steak FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014The Miller Tavern has a good range of food items for everyone. The scallops risotto and the beef tenderloin accompanied with the calamari and sea food plater were sampled. The main dishes, scallop risotto and beef tenderloin, were excellent. The were very tasty and well presented. The calamari on the other had was a bit chewy and the sea food plater was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014If you are going to the ACC for any kind of event this is by far the best place to go before and after the event. Food is always great and the service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!njaydaDined on 3/9/2014We went to Miller Tavern (Bay Street location) for the last night of our weekend in Toronto and everything was superb. The service was very attentive, knowledgable and professional. There was an extensive wine list as well as featured pairings for the DELICIOUS steak and seafood options. The prices were rather appropriate and the portions spot on, which is something you do not see much of in a larger city. Sophisticated decor and atmosphere. Beautiful bar area as well. Overall a very welcoming feel. There is no wonder why Miller Tavern has been in business since 1857. I will certainly be back next time I'm in Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Was pushed into a corner table when the place was empty not sure why we could not be seated in a booth when asked no answer service is also poor
- Second time around...SareeeDined on 3/1/2014was just as great as the first ! Went here before attending a concert at ACC - great food/service/wine and all within a 1 minute walk to ACC. Highly recommend for a fun dinner out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideally located near the ACCLauraCDined on 2/28/2014Good food and attentive service. Close walking distance to ACC with plenty of parking close by. Looking forward to trying out their patio in the summer which looks very spacious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sized portions for theMcb79Dined on 2/15/2014Good sized portions for the price. Steaks were excellent. Caesar salad was good except for the pancetta which was so salty it was indelible. Our waitress Julia was fantastic though. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!knmoDined on 2/15/2014Was downtown already looking for brunch and found this place on open table. Decided to try it based off the unique menu, the brunch menu was not overwhelming but had a good selection. Both my hubby and I were very pleased with our choices. The service was great, they did not hover and were very friendly. I would be very happy to go back and the mimosas were fantastic! Price points were great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Attentive ServiceMorfVIPDined on 2/12/2014We visited the Miller before one of the recent Raptor games. They worked with us to make sure we were happily fed and out the door in time to catch the opening of the game. The hamburgers and lamburgers were great but up-charging every plate $6.00 for sweet potato fries seems absolutely excessive. Fortunately, they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KathDined on 2/12/2014My girlfriend and I had a fantastic time at the Miller Tavern for brunch. The food was spot on! The cocktails were outstanding! Management and staff were welcoming, accommodating and entertaining! Look forward to another visit soon! If you are going for an event at the Air Canada Centre I highly recommend dining at the Miller Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favourite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2014We've found a new favourite spot before a game at the ACC. The food is wonderful and the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmSareeeDined on 2/6/2014Went there before a concert at ACC - great location and food was really great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server tried his bestWally41Dined on 2/1/2014Wrong orders, mixed up drinks, forgot sides, no hand towmels in washroom so they had a roll of TP and No Jagermeister! My filet was excellent but I got two salads and no mushrooms. Server was great at trying to keep us happy and comped us on a few things. Close to ACC for pre gameSpecial Features:
- Best bartender in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Nice spot before the game. Our steaks were excellent and the service we got from the bartender was outstanding! He was very knowledgeable without being snobish. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Overall good first time experience Great food, good wine and good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was not real happy with thediningduoDined on 1/15/2014was not real happy with the seating arrangement - for a frequent patron i know it was busy but made the reservation many days aheadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miller good food good locationoutandaboutDined on 1/11/2014The miller perfectly located across the ACC. Great for before or after a game. Great for a date night and group events. Food is very good. Service was good. Mixture of enclosed area for dining, open area for bigger booths. Good Bar area. Can watch a game or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time/Food Before Raptors GameMorfVIPDined on 1/8/2014We ate at the Miller (on Bay Street) when it first opened and we were not particularly impressed. Last week, we went back for dinner before the Raptor game. The service and food have improved significantly. The ambiance and energy were good too. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good but silly bread chargeFood4thotDined on 1/4/2014Food and service very good. Very nice beer and wine selection. Convenient to ACC and parking. Steak maybe a bit chewy but okay. The major negative is that the food is not inexpensive, but probably competitive to other similar establishments in the area, however I found charging $3.50 for an extremely small serving of bread to be ridiculous, especially when most other restaurants do not charge for bread. Not a show stopper considering all else was very good but if I owned The Miller Tavern I would ditch this silly charge quickly. Worst part of the evening....paying $740 for 4 Leaf tickets so watch a 7-1 slaughter. I guess that makes my bread comment quite trivial. Until next time, Food4thotSpecial Features:
- great for hangout / group venuesatisfiedDined on 12/31/2013Went for dinner. Venue was energetic but again it was new years eve so louder noise levels were expected. Apps were great. Steak was a bit salty.great cocktail and wine selection. Would go back to hang out with friends but for casual dining or for occassions you are better off at Canyon Creek on front street - same price & more attention to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.