580 Geary St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4153453900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Eric Tucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Millennium can accommodate groups of up to 120 people. Our private room seats up to 30 for sit down dinners and can accommodate 60 for a cocktail party/standing event.
- Private Party Contact: Alison Bagby 4153453900x13
A word from Millennium
Millennium, San Francisco's premier vegan restaurant, is proud to be regarded as one of the few places to get truly creative food. *LOCATED IN THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Millennium reviews from OpenTable diners
378 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (277)special occasion (271)romantic (198)neighborhood gem (102)notable wine list (100)good for groups (70)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (24)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sevice too slowJackiecaswellVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food, nice ambience and really slow sevice. Poor waiters are over worked. Although they try really hard and are very friendly, they are stretched so thin that it takes forever to get food or drinks ordered and a two hour meal hangs on for over three hours! It's a shameSpecial Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014I made a reservation for dinner, however, dinner was not being served because the 20th Anniversary Celebration was in full swing when we arrived. It was not clear when reserving on Open Table that that was the situation. Sadly, we didn't have time to dine at The Millennium during our short stay in San Francisco. I really can not provide a fair rating, but the survey would not allow me to leave them blank.
- Millenium AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014The food was amazing, however because it the restaurant's anniversary I did not expect there to be open seating - making it really difficult to eat with my group & really enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Just a little TOO intimateFoodieKatDined on 9/24/2014The food was amazing, service impeccable. Only major distraction was it was so quiet we were in the middle of the conversations of the two tables on either side of us. Just a little too close for comfort...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavours!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I found out about this gem from a recommendation during our recent visit to America. All I can say is wow, I have never tasted food, let alone vegan food taste so amazing, the team are true "food artists". Highly recommended foodies haven (even if you are not Vegan!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, short on servicezonmanDined on 9/23/2014Make no mistake, this is the BEST vegan/vegetarian restaurant in Northern California. However, like the previous two visits, we had the same server with the same disappointing service. She's pleasant, but not much for going into detail about items on the menu and not very attentive to her diners. Not really sure why she's a server. That said, however, the other staff in the restaurant made up for her lack enthusiasm for her work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningsidnluluDined on 9/23/2014A return visit for several of us, food and service was outstanding. If we could eat like that everyday you'd make vegans out of meat eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,1st hostess not so greatreviewerDined on 9/21/2014We had just arrived that day the first time we tried to eat at Millenium, so we didn't have a reservation, and the hostess would not seat us in a 40% full restaurant and wasn't particularly accommodating. We found it a bit hard to believe that a restaurant not far from Union Square in a tourist destination like San Francisco didn't either keep a table or two open for tourists or have some sort of plan to accommodate the, say later in the evening. She didn't offer to book us on another night either. But the menu looked great so we decided to give it another chance. The food was excellent, and the staff that night was very professional and attentive. I recommend it highly IF you make are reservation first.Special Features:
- Dining Even Carnivores Will Love!sfboy1972Dined on 9/20/2014I invited my boyfriend to Millennium as he was turning "40" and is a vegetarian to boot. We have celebrated many milestones here. The menu never disappoints...and I am by no means a vegetarian myself. We will continue to patronize this local gem in the future. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DestinationwineandfoodDined on 9/19/2014Millennium is a truly unique restaurant that is brimming with character. It sits on the 1st floor of a beautifully restored old hotel building. They serve a vegan cuisine that has so many flavors balanced together that you might be at a loss to identify everything in your dish. Everything is plated and presented elegantly. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and also enthusiastic about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Loveditverymuch2014Dined on 9/17/2014It was a good experience to be in this nice restaurant. It is a beautiful old building in which the restaurant is situated. Very nice staff, food delicious. A very good vegetarian restaurant, also pricewise. Read the reviews and as a vegatarian I really wanted to dine there, reserved a table online. And you really have to do that, because it was very busy. i know now why....Special Features:
- Not just for vegetarians...ESP3501VIPDined on 9/17/2014It is great for a vegetarian to be able to choose from an entire menu. I take carnivores as well and they have enjoyed their meals as well.Special Features:
- Good Vegan foodjustlikefoodDined on 9/15/2014Overall a good dining experience. Good vegan food and variety. Service was a bit weird with the waitress giving a few at our table what seemed like some scepticism when questions about the vegan food and options were asked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK but not amazingVegLoverVIPDined on 9/15/2014I was hoping that Millenium was the West Coast's answer to Philadelphia's Vedge, my #1 favorite restaurant ever! Unfortunately i was disappointed because although the food was OK, it was really nothing extraordinary; the flavors were just so-so although the presentation was nice, just not amazing. The prices did not match up to what I expected for the value. Also, I was hoping that my waitress would be knowledgeable about how the dishes were cooked, the techniques used, etc, (and I even requested a particularly knowledgeable waitperson) but beyond being professionally pleasant, my waitress didn't know more than I could have read on the menu.Special Features:
- Epicurean VegThothDined on 9/14/2014Millenium has lived up to its reputation as a premiere vegetarian restaurant ! The sutle balances of the food and their varieties, demand return visits and explorations of the menu. It isn't inexpensive, though I feel, worth it. Enjoy !Special Features:
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a great night--food and drinks were excellent and the atmosphere was great. The only bad thing was our server. She was fairly inattentive, cold, and absent when we needed her. For such a pricey place, we were expecting far better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Foodie Hot SpotJocelynDined on 9/13/2014This is my go-to restaurant for "events" - birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The food is top notch, the ambiance lovely and while the service could improve, it is acceptable. An inventive and well executed menu makes up for any lack in the service and keeps me coming back. Eagerly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FormerchefDined on 9/13/2014Tasty combinations. A little overpriced. The little gem salad was not as fresh as it should have been. There were some hard kernels in the tamale dish that could have broken someone's teeth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Can't say anything bad about Millennium! Maybe a bit too much noise but everything else outweighs that! Food was incredible. Wine list intense. Couldn't fit dessert so will have to go back! Gladly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!BarbaraVIPDined on 9/12/2014I've been to Millennium before, but it's been quite a while. I received a gift certificate to Millennium for my birthday and was pleasantly surprised that the food and service was a great as the last time I visited so many years ago. Our waiter was prompt, attentive - a real gem. The food was beautifully plated, and the each dish was very fresh, and colorful. A feast for the eyes and palate. Thanks, Millennium for being consistently good!Special Features:
- Good but not GreatKehaulaniDined on 9/11/2014Although it was good, compared to other San Francisco restaurants, it was not great. I had a BBQ tempeh dish that seemed a little heavy for my taste. My husband had a portobello mushroom dish which was fried. Again it was okay, but he would have preferred that it was not fried. We took a vegan friend who enjoyed her forbidden rice dish.
- So specialKeepItRealDined on 9/9/2014This place is very special for vegans and omnivores both. All my non-vegan friends were impressed and satisfied. The service was great. The bar tenders and servers were very knowledgeable and friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great vegan foodjojuDined on 9/7/2014Very good vegan food. Nice restaurant with good service. The only thing that could have been better, was the time in between the courses. This was way too short, so the 5 course menu was done in about 1,5 hours....too little time too digest.Special Features:
- Delicious Birthdaytable42Dined on 9/6/2014I took my husband here for dinner last Saturday night. We had been here once before and it was memorable. We ordered the four course menu for $55 per person. Every dish was excellent except for the dessert, a hard, cold cookie with some hard, cold chocolate coating and limonella sorbet stuff inside surrounded by some ill suited pistachio creme sauce. It just did not work. The service was good and server was attentive but he had a bit of a conceited attitude. We had a great night overall and I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- healthySuzy1Dined on 9/5/2014This is a fabulous restaurant with amazing food. I have been here 5 times and never been diapointed .We were celebrating our 28 th anniversary. My husband is always happy because they give big portions. My husband bought me the cookbook. So excited to make some of the dishes. <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovatingly Delicious!dinealotVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always a pleasure to dine here. Service is great and food is creative and tasty. Portions are generous and food has a lot of textures and flavors. We were here this time for our double birthday and got a lovely, discreet, solo sung by our dessert waiter. I could eat here every night.Special Features:
- Not Just For VegetariansMItoSFDined on 9/5/2014I am not a vegetarian and I absolutely LOVED the food here! They had a set menu option and it looked so amazing that I didn't even look at the rest of the menu. Everything was so fresh and tasty. I would highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great veganjmjrVIPDined on 9/5/2014Was everything we expected. Took three non vegans who loved the food and the offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new to me.pvalenti2001Dined on 8/31/2014Have never been to a place were meat was not a part of a dish. But we all must try something new at one point in time. Glad I did. Food was good and the wine was excellent. The combination of both was almost perfect. Was not to king on the last one but other then that all good. I'm more of a red wine drinker but in this case the pairing with this food was spot on for a wight wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining ExperienceTravelingJoeDined on 8/31/2014A fine dining experience that just happens to be vegan. Wonderful place for diners who appreciate a thoughtful menu, well prepared food, and friendly, professional service in an elegant setting.Special Features:
- Lazy service and mediocre foodluv2dineDined on 8/30/2014The waiter was uninterested and reeked of sweat. No recommendations, no guidance, no questions. We had the four course harvest menu and the dishes did not impress at all.
- Great Vegan DiningSallyLDined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant, the food was great as was the wine list. I wish the waiter would have been a better help to determine what to order, otherwise it was a good special occasion. Service was also a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow serviceawlaiDined on 8/30/2014It took us 2 hours to get 4 appetizers and 1 dessert, for a mini birthday celebration. They were kind enough to comp our dessert, but it really should not have taken this long. The food was fine. The dessert (a fig torte) was a bit like an overgrown, slightly grainy fig newton. We love gourmet food, and hold Vedge in Philadelphia as the gold standard for vegan cuisine. Millennium was fine, but not nearly as creative.
- reserved but over 40 minutes waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I made a reservation, but had to wait for 40 minutes!!!! I think they failed to keep our table but they did not mention the truth, and just said to us ' wait a few minutets' .
- Eric Tucker, genius food mixologistSireneDined on 8/28/2014Although not vegan, we've celebrated milestones by eating at Millenium for decades.Special Features:
- Drinks and Apps is where it's at.GlutenfreegalDined on 8/28/2014The cocktails and appetizers were amazing. We ordered 4 small plates and 3 starters and shared amongst a party of 5. The entrees were decent but we felt there was too much going on in regards to flavor in a few dishes (extremely salty). The best entree we ordered was the tamale, but even then nothing to amazing given this restaurants reputation. The most confusing dish was the Eggplant. There was just too much going on in one dish. Entrees were big portions which we were not expecting, but all we kept thinking about was how much we wished we had just ordered more starters. If we were to go back it would just be for some cocktails and appetizers. The service was excellent! So friendly, and accommodating to gluten allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SurprizeJulieMarksDined on 8/27/2014I was looking a spectacular meal and Millennium exceeded my hope. Although the menu is in flux because of the fresh ingredients and creativity of the chefs you may count everyone finding a meal that is spectacular [even those who are not vegetarian]. I chose the tasting menu with wine parings. The waiter chatted with me about my food style and I saw him confer with the chef to choose that night’s menu for me. The food was creatively delicious without being unidentifiable. The service was spot-on. Make a reservation at least a week in advance for a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service questionablenbbreauxDined on 8/26/2014Although this is a vegan restaurant, any foodie would be impressed with the very well thought out and creative dishes. The food was so good the first night, we went back the second night. Our only complaint was the service. As we walked into the restaurant, the host was on the telephone and did not acknowledge us for several minutes as we stood there waiting. This happened once again on the second night, and, it was a different person manning the desk. Our server the first night had a bit of an attitude, as if we should be thankful to be served. Although she did warm up a bit throughout the night, two bad first impressions in a row stick with you. Our server the second night was much more likable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Vegan FeastBobbankrDined on 8/25/2014Great food that even impressed my non vegan guest who are both chefs at fine dining restaurants. If you are in San Francisco you need to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualfoodiegourmetDined on 8/24/2014Awesome food and great ambiance and also vegan what more could you want?Special Features: