580 Geary St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4153453900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Eric Tucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Millennium can accommodate groups of up to 120 people. Our private room seats up to 30 for sit down dinners and can accommodate 60 for a cocktail party/standing event.
- Private Party Contact: Alison Bagby 4153453900x13
A word from Millennium
Millennium, San Francisco's premier vegan restaurant, is proud to be regarded as one of the few places to get truly creative food. *LOCATED IN THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Millennium reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (267)special occasion (267)romantic (193)neighborhood gem (100)notable wine list (98)good for groups (71)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Food OK but not amazingVegLoverVIPDined on 9/15/2014I was hoping that Millenium was the West Coast's answer to Philadelphia's Vedge, my #1 favorite restaurant ever! Unfortunately i was disappointed because although the food was OK, it was really nothing extraordinary; the flavors were just so-so although the presentation was nice, just not amazing. The prices did not match up to what I expected for the value. Also, I was hoping that my waitress would be knowledgeable about how the dishes were cooked, the techniques used, etc, (and I even requested a particularly knowledgeable waitperson) but beyond being professionally pleasant, my waitress didn't know more than I could have read on the menu.Special Features:
- Epicurean VegOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Millenium has lived up to its reputation as a premiere vegetarian restaurant ! The sutle balances of the food and their varieties, demand return visits and explorations of the menu. It isn't inexpensive, though I feel, worth it. Enjoy !Special Features:
- Vegan Foodie Hot SpotJocelynDined on 9/13/2014This is my go-to restaurant for "events" - birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The food is top notch, the ambiance lovely and while the service could improve, it is acceptable. An inventive and well executed menu makes up for any lack in the service and keeps me coming back. Eagerly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Tasty combinations. A little overpriced. The little gem salad was not as fresh as it should have been. There were some hard kernels in the tamale dish that could have broken someone's teeth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Can't say anything bad about Millennium! Maybe a bit too much noise but everything else outweighs that! Food was incredible. Wine list intense. Couldn't fit dessert so will have to go back! Gladly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!BarbaraVIPDined on 9/12/2014I've been to Millennium before, but it's been quite a while. I received a gift certificate to Millennium for my birthday and was pleasantly surprised that the food and service was a great as the last time I visited so many years ago. Our waiter was prompt, attentive - a real gem. The food was beautifully plated, and the each dish was very fresh, and colorful. A feast for the eyes and palate. Thanks, Millennium for being consistently good!Special Features:
- So specialKeepItRealDined on 9/9/2014This place is very special for vegans and omnivores both. All my non-vegan friends were impressed and satisfied. The service was great. The bar tenders and servers were very knowledgeable and friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great vegan foodjojuDined on 9/7/2014Very good vegan food. Nice restaurant with good service. The only thing that could have been better, was the time in between the courses. This was way too short, so the 5 course menu was done in about 1,5 hours....too little time too digest.Special Features:
- Delicious Birthdaytable42Dined on 9/6/2014I took my husband here for dinner last Saturday night. We had been here once before and it was memorable. We ordered the four course menu for $55 per person. Every dish was excellent except for the dessert, a hard, cold cookie with some hard, cold chocolate coating and limonella sorbet stuff inside surrounded by some ill suited pistachio creme sauce. It just did not work. The service was good and server was attentive but he had a bit of a conceited attitude. We had a great night overall and I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- healthySuzy1Dined on 9/5/2014This is a fabulous restaurant with amazing food. I have been here 5 times and never been diapointed .We were celebrating our 28 th anniversary. My husband is always happy because they give big portions. My husband bought me the cookbook. So excited to make some of the dishes. <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovatingly Delicious!dinealotVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always a pleasure to dine here. Service is great and food is creative and tasty. Portions are generous and food has a lot of textures and flavors. We were here this time for our double birthday and got a lovely, discreet, solo sung by our dessert waiter. I could eat here every night.Special Features:
- Not Just For VegetariansMItoSFDined on 9/5/2014I am not a vegetarian and I absolutely LOVED the food here! They had a set menu option and it looked so amazing that I didn't even look at the rest of the menu. Everything was so fresh and tasty. I would highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great veganjmjrVIPDined on 9/5/2014Was everything we expected. Took three non vegans who loved the food and the offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new to me.pvalenti2001Dined on 8/31/2014Have never been to a place were meat was not a part of a dish. But we all must try something new at one point in time. Glad I did. Food was good and the wine was excellent. The combination of both was almost perfect. Was not to king on the last one but other then that all good. I'm more of a red wine drinker but in this case the pairing with this food was spot on for a wight wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining ExperienceTravelingJoeDined on 8/31/2014A fine dining experience that just happens to be vegan. Wonderful place for diners who appreciate a thoughtful menu, well prepared food, and friendly, professional service in an elegant setting.Special Features:
- Lazy service and mediocre foodluv2dineDined on 8/30/2014The waiter was uninterested and reeked of sweat. No recommendations, no guidance, no questions. We had the four course harvest menu and the dishes did not impress at all.
- Great Vegan DiningSallyLDined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant, the food was great as was the wine list. I wish the waiter would have been a better help to determine what to order, otherwise it was a good special occasion. Service was also a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow serviceawlaiDined on 8/30/2014It took us 2 hours to get 4 appetizers and 1 dessert, for a mini birthday celebration. They were kind enough to comp our dessert, but it really should not have taken this long. The food was fine. The dessert (a fig torte) was a bit like an overgrown, slightly grainy fig newton. We love gourmet food, and hold Vedge in Philadelphia as the gold standard for vegan cuisine. Millennium was fine, but not nearly as creative.
- reserved but over 40 minutes waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I made a reservation, but had to wait for 40 minutes!!!! I think they failed to keep our table but they did not mention the truth, and just said to us ' wait a few minutets' .
- Eric Tucker, genius food mixologistSireneDined on 8/28/2014Although not vegan, we've celebrated milestones by eating at Millenium for decades.Special Features:
- Drinks and Apps is where it's at.GlutenfreegalDined on 8/28/2014The cocktails and appetizers were amazing. We ordered 4 small plates and 3 starters and shared amongst a party of 5. The entrees were decent but we felt there was too much going on in regards to flavor in a few dishes (extremely salty). The best entree we ordered was the tamale, but even then nothing to amazing given this restaurants reputation. The most confusing dish was the Eggplant. There was just too much going on in one dish. Entrees were big portions which we were not expecting, but all we kept thinking about was how much we wished we had just ordered more starters. If we were to go back it would just be for some cocktails and appetizers. The service was excellent! So friendly, and accommodating to gluten allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SurprizeJulieMarksDined on 8/27/2014I was looking a spectacular meal and Millennium exceeded my hope. Although the menu is in flux because of the fresh ingredients and creativity of the chefs you may count everyone finding a meal that is spectacular [even those who are not vegetarian]. I chose the tasting menu with wine parings. The waiter chatted with me about my food style and I saw him confer with the chef to choose that night’s menu for me. The food was creatively delicious without being unidentifiable. The service was spot-on. Make a reservation at least a week in advance for a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service questionablenbbreauxDined on 8/26/2014Although this is a vegan restaurant, any foodie would be impressed with the very well thought out and creative dishes. The food was so good the first night, we went back the second night. Our only complaint was the service. As we walked into the restaurant, the host was on the telephone and did not acknowledge us for several minutes as we stood there waiting. This happened once again on the second night, and, it was a different person manning the desk. Our server the first night had a bit of an attitude, as if we should be thankful to be served. Although she did warm up a bit throughout the night, two bad first impressions in a row stick with you. Our server the second night was much more likable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Vegan FeastBobbankrDined on 8/25/2014Great food that even impressed my non vegan guest who are both chefs at fine dining restaurants. If you are in San Francisco you need to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualfoodiegourmetDined on 8/24/2014Awesome food and great ambiance and also vegan what more could you want?Special Features:
- A symphony of flavorsyummygummyDined on 8/24/2014The food was unique and each flavor and texture in the entree was beautifully harmonized with the others. The decor is elegant but unpretentious. The service was attentive but detached. I appreciated the waiter's recommendations.Special Features:
- Nice but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014The food & service are fine, but the prices are pretty extreme, especially considering the ingredients are mostly vegetables. And I didn't see anything about the food being organic. I did like the fact it was fairly quiet, which is unusually pleasant for a San Francisco restaurant.Special Features:
- Great vegetarian/vegan findvdinerDined on 8/24/2014We were looking for a nice vegetarian or vegan restaurant to have dinner after a show. This place fit the bill. They have a 3 course pre-fixe menu which we didn't try, but will definitely do the next time we're there. The menu changes and can even change from the one that you're shown if a fresher substitution is available. We split an appetizer, two entrees and one dessert, which was plenty. We enjoyed all the dishes. Our waiter was wonderful, and answered all our questions, even asking the chef when she didn't know something. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the unique menu options and the food was delicious! Suitable for vegans and omnivores alike. The service was a bit slow when it came to drinks, however.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceEdinaDocDined on 8/23/2014A great dinner-terrific and innovative entrees. All four in our party had something different and each was unique. We were excited to finally have an opportunity to dine at Millennium and were not disappointed. The restaurant is genuine and thoughtful. Just a great evening.Special Features:
- surprisedkitchen2kitchenDined on 8/23/2014I ate there in November 2013 and had a fabulous meal. Eating there in August 2014 was like night and day. Food not good at all. We were overcharged by three dishes and by $80! and the waiter tried to blame the register. Wouldn't go back or recommend it. Very dissapointing...and embarrased I took my family there.
- Vegan Fare to Convert Non-VegansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I will never be vegan, I just love eating meat way too much. That being said, this restaurant has come the closest to converting me. The dishes are inventive, satisfying and a delight for the taste buds. The service was friendly and extremely prompt, especially for a Saturday night. I'd highly recommend it, to vegetarians, vegans and carnivores alike.Special Features:
- Paradise 4 Anyone (not just vegans)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2014All the dishes we had were intensely flavorful, artfully presented and delighted us with ingredients we don't see every day! Even a meat-a-holic would give rave reviews! The wine list has lots of VERY reasonably priced wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurant on EarthonegirlcircusDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I changed our flight so we could eat here a few years ago, and remember it fondly. This year, we brought our teenagers along. One is an omnivore, one is a vegetarian, and they were both blown away by the food. It was even better this time around. Our waitress, Hannah was delightful, the service was flawless, and the food was divine. We made another reservation on our way out, so we can enjoy this again while we're still in town. Millennium has been the food highlight of our trip, in a City of spectacular restaurants. If you love food, you'll love Millennium. Between the five of us, we tried most everything on the menu, starters, entrees, and desserts. Next week, we'll be trying the 5-course tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even Carnivores Love this PlaceVisitingSFDined on 8/20/2014This is one of my favorite vegan restaurants in the country and I travel a lot. All of my carnivore friends and family like eating there too. Tastes are amazing!Special Features:
- better communicationUnhappydinerDined on 8/20/2014Love the restaurant, been before. Im from out of town and was really looking forward to certain items to eat that I have ordered in the past. I booked for the last night of my stay and when I got there I was extremely disappointed to find out it was a special tomato night and they had a fixed menu. Although I enjoyed the food my friend was limited due to food restrictions so only had one of the two choice to pick from. Also it was a fixed price of 60.00 each. My bill is usually high any way but I can get the bread and appetizers of my choice. If I had booked with the restaurant direct may have been better but booking through open table there needs to be a way of knowing this is a special night. I could not change as it was my last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealMax209Dined on 8/20/2014Amazing Vegan meal of intricate preparation and flavors. In previous visits I spent a lot of time reading through the detailed descriptions of the different menu items, often not fully appreciating what my meal was going to be. This time we did the prix fixe menu and had the simple choice of picking one of 2 entrees. All courses were a delightful adventure in taste and satiety. Compared to a few years ago, this meal still seemed hearty and filling but noticeably lower in fat and oil than previous visits - I think that is an improvement, very impressive meal in a class by itself. I could not make these dishes at home and have not found any other restaurant that even comes close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's vegan,but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014... It's great. We would never have thought that "thoroughly gourmet quality" and "vegan cooking" could go together, but they do at Millennium. The dinner (for four) was excellent. The staff is young and friendly--typical of California, but not smarmy or over-ingratiating as we've sometimes experienced. Desserts weren't quite up to the level of the dinner, so you might consider skipping them (or just getting ice cream or sorbet), but they certainly weren't bad. The entrees were really excellent, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularTheMonahansDined on 8/18/2014We did the Millenium Tasting Menu, which was 6 courses plus wine pairings for $100 each. Not only was the food absolutely exquisite, the wine pairings were perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!ScohenDined on 8/18/2014This is more of a treat because of the high prices, but it was such a fantastic experience. I had the Taste of Millennium (the chef gives you 5 surprise courses) and every single dish was more than incredible. Our servers were charismatic and charming. Oh, and did I mention the food was delicious? As a vegan, it's difficult to find much variety in my restaurant options. But this place is wonderful for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.