580 Geary St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4153453900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Eric Tucker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Millennium can accommodate groups of up to 120 people. Our private room seats up to 30 for sit down dinners and can accommodate 60 for a cocktail party/standing event.
- Private Party Contact: Alison Bagby 4153453900x13
A word from Millennium
Millennium, San Francisco's premier vegan restaurant, is proud to be regarded as one of the few places to get truly creative food. *LOCATED IN THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Millennium reviews from OpenTable diners
353 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (261)special occasion (250)romantic (184)notable wine list (91)neighborhood gem (89)good for groups (64)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (22)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food, service questionableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014Although this is a vegan restaurant, any foodie would be impressed with the very well thought out and creative dishes. The food was so good the first night, we went back the second night. Our only complaint was the service. As we walked into the restaurant, the host was on the telephone and did not acknowledge us for several minutes as we stood there waiting. This happened once again on the second night, and, it was a different person manning the desk. Our server the first night had a bit of an attitude, as if we should be thankful to be served. Although she did warm up a bit throughout the night, two bad first impressions in a row stick with you. Our server the second night was much more likable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Vegan FeastBobbankrDined on 8/25/2014Great food that even impressed my non vegan guest who are both chefs at fine dining restaurants. If you are in San Francisco you need to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Awesome food and great ambiance and also vegan what more could you want?Special Features:
- A symphony of flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The food was unique and each flavor and texture in the entree was beautifully harmonized with the others. The decor is elegant but unpretentious. The service was attentive but detached. I appreciated the waiter's recommendations.Special Features:
- Delicious fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the unique menu options and the food was delicious! Suitable for vegans and omnivores alike. The service was a bit slow when it came to drinks, however.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceEdinaDocDined on 8/23/2014A great dinner-terrific and innovative entrees. All four in our party had something different and each was unique. We were excited to finally have an opportunity to dine at Millennium and were not disappointed. The restaurant is genuine and thoughtful. Just a great evening.Special Features:
- surprisedkitchen2kitchenDined on 8/23/2014I ate there in November 2013 and had a fabulous meal. Eating there in August 2014 was like night and day. Food not good at all. We were overcharged by three dishes and by $80! and the waiter tried to blame the register. Wouldn't go back or recommend it. Very dissapointing...and embarrased I took my family there.
- Paradise 4 Anyone (not just vegans)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2014All the dishes we had were intensely flavorful, artfully presented and delighted us with ingredients we don't see every day! Even a meat-a-holic would give rave reviews! The wine list has lots of VERY reasonably priced wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurant on EarthonegirlcircusDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I changed our flight so we could eat here a few years ago, and remember it fondly. This year, we brought our teenagers along. One is an omnivore, one is a vegetarian, and they were both blown away by the food. It was even better this time around. Our waitress, Hannah was delightful, the service was flawless, and the food was divine. We made another reservation on our way out, so we can enjoy this again while we're still in town. Millennium has been the food highlight of our trip, in a City of spectacular restaurants. If you love food, you'll love Millennium. Between the five of us, we tried most everything on the menu, starters, entrees, and desserts. Next week, we'll be trying the 5-course tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better communicationUnhappydinerDined on 8/20/2014Love the restaurant, been before. Im from out of town and was really looking forward to certain items to eat that I have ordered in the past. I booked for the last night of my stay and when I got there I was extremely disappointed to find out it was a special tomato night and they had a fixed menu. Although I enjoyed the food my friend was limited due to food restrictions so only had one of the two choice to pick from. Also it was a fixed price of 60.00 each. My bill is usually high any way but I can get the bread and appetizers of my choice. If I had booked with the restaurant direct may have been better but booking through open table there needs to be a way of knowing this is a special night. I could not change as it was my last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealMax209Dined on 8/20/2014Amazing Vegan meal of intricate preparation and flavors. In previous visits I spent a lot of time reading through the detailed descriptions of the different menu items, often not fully appreciating what my meal was going to be. This time we did the prix fixe menu and had the simple choice of picking one of 2 entrees. All courses were a delightful adventure in taste and satiety. Compared to a few years ago, this meal still seemed hearty and filling but noticeably lower in fat and oil than previous visits - I think that is an improvement, very impressive meal in a class by itself. I could not make these dishes at home and have not found any other restaurant that even comes close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's vegan,but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014... It's great. We would never have thought that "thoroughly gourmet quality" and "vegan cooking" could go together, but they do at Millennium. The dinner (for four) was excellent. The staff is young and friendly--typical of California, but not smarmy or over-ingratiating as we've sometimes experienced. Desserts weren't quite up to the level of the dinner, so you might consider skipping them (or just getting ice cream or sorbet), but they certainly weren't bad. The entrees were really excellent, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularTheMonahansDined on 8/18/2014We did the Millenium Tasting Menu, which was 6 courses plus wine pairings for $100 each. Not only was the food absolutely exquisite, the wine pairings were perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!ScohenDined on 8/18/2014This is more of a treat because of the high prices, but it was such a fantastic experience. I had the Taste of Millennium (the chef gives you 5 surprise courses) and every single dish was more than incredible. Our servers were charismatic and charming. Oh, and did I mention the food was delicious? As a vegan, it's difficult to find much variety in my restaurant options. But this place is wonderful for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic High End Vegan FoodVancouverVeganDined on 8/18/2014My omnivorous sister and I opted for the 5 course sampling menu with wine pairings. Everything was outstanding. Although my sister was not keen on the tempeh, she ate it all. She was particularly taken by the buttery biscotti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warmplace2014Dined on 8/17/2014Millenium is wonderful! Great food, wine, cocktails & desserts! Service is warm & professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.JessicaDined on 8/16/2014I was really excited to try this place after viewing the sample menu online. We went with a large party of people, some vegetarian some not. The sample menu was really easy, fun foods that I felt non vegetarians would love. The actual menu once we arrived was much different, and even as a vegetarian most menu options did not look great to me. We all had a good time, but the food was just ok. Some dishes were far better than others. Mine (a teff crepe) was definitely a miss. It was also a very very loud restaurant, so I would not recommend for a relaxing night.
- One word...GO!LivestoEatDined on 8/15/2014Do NOT allow a vegan menu to put you off whether you eat meat or not. There are few chefs today exhibiting such thoughtful, creative, well conceived dishes anywhere. That also applies to the dessert menu. The Pistachio crusted Portobello Mushroom was sublime, as was the Lemon and Blackberry Tiramisu. Ambiance speaks of energetic elegance and the service - in this case Devon- was extraordinary, far exceeding the white glove service I've received in Michelin rated establishments. A "must Go" in San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complex creationsEsther1958VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was outstanding. It is not "simple veggie cooking" but highly complex with multiple ingredients and preparations in each dish. I wouldn't like to eat like this every day--but it is special and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to the waitstaff for attentive service and excellent wine recommendations. This is the place to take people who think that veggie/vegan cooking is boring or lacking in nutrition!Special Features:
- SuperbAmandaDined on 8/15/2014Delighted, once again, with Millenium's menu, wine list and team. What a rare delight it is to be faced with a choice of vegan meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Besonderes!VolkerDined on 8/14/2014Dieses Restaurant ist wirklich was Besonderes. Vor allem da es allgemein nicht allzu viele vegane Restaurants gibt. Zum Abschluss unseres USA-Urlaubes und zu unserem Hochzeitstag genau das Richtige.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RingLeader1VIPDined on 8/14/2014Always wonderfully prepared inventive vegan cuisine, and you do not miss the meat as the foods are so savory and rich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and taste is an artnotVeganbutLoveDined on 8/14/2014I am not a Vegan but I went to this restaurant with a friend. I wasn't let down at all, in fact, it was way above my expectations. The taste of the food was, for lack of a better word, artistic. I could taste the richness and care put into the food. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- Fab veggieroyvoetenDined on 8/13/2014Loved every dish! Great service and wine pairings. One of the few restaurants we visited where they don't rush you through dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for vegansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The food is creative and delicious. You don't have to be vegan to love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Artful vegan cuisineSusieQDined on 8/11/2014Love Millennium. Innovative menu. Attention to detail. Many ingredients. The care they take to ask about food allergies and prepare foods for diner's special requests speaks volumes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts to swoon forfieryblueDined on 8/11/2014Took the 18yo here for his birthday, as I had been promising him for years. The desserts stole the show. I am no stranger to excellent desserts, but those were two of the most excellent I've ever tasted. Blackberry compote drenched cake layered with blackberry mousse and the tangiest lemon curd ice cream, plus some savory caramel sauce artfully swabbed about the plate. The other was a fig tart... Moist fruits atop vegan creamy goodness in a nutty shell, and orange sorbet with melon bits. We had our eyes closed as we savored the flavors...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Probably the best vegan friendly restaurant period. Great food even if your not vegan. I am not and was surprised how well it was done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vege delight in the tenderloinDarrenhDined on 8/10/2014First visit to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in the area. Food was well pulled together with many choices of wine. The foond really was good. The service was above average with attentive waiting staff regularly visiting the tabble. It's not cheap though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodAjoloteDined on 8/10/2014I have been going for years. The menu is always different, always deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved our dining experienceJLlivermoreDined on 8/10/2014The food was off the chart good... the waiter made wonderful food recommendations (he came off not so friendly, but he was very efficient and spot on with his recommendation). I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- FantasticKWellsDined on 8/9/2014I always enjoy Millennium but tonight was extra special. We had a 4 course meal with wine pairing and every course was excellent. Wines paired very well. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- T & ROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014A friend of mine recommended Millennium to me, it is his wife's favorite restaurant. It is organic and vegan....even if you are a carnivore, you will love this place! It is a bit pricey, so I would consider it a special occasion restaurant. It also has ambience. We will definitely be going back there on our anniversary.Special Features:
- Incredibly good for anyone/everyonefoodpassionVIPDined on 8/8/2014The best, we will come back again every chance that we get. Thanks for a wonderful birthday celebration for our son, Logan!Special Features:
- Just Great FoodMarinDined on 8/8/2014The fact that it is completely vegan is just a great bonus.Special Features:
- Always impressedmidtn4dinnerDined on 8/8/2014Great choices and mucho flavor in everything. One of my favorite SF restaurants.Special Features:
- Superb vegan dining experienceDzzzDined on 8/6/2014We met our 22 year old nephew and his girlfriend on their first trip out to San Francisco. She is a vegetarian and we thought we would try this highly recommended restaurant near downtown where they were staying. Well, all of us found something to really enjoy and the service was outstanding without being too noticeable. I would recommend it and use it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet vegan foodVeganGalDined on 8/6/2014It is not easy to find gourmet vegan food and Millennium is special. We enjoyed a big variety of cocktails, appetizers, salads, mains, and desserts and each one was delicious. The optional wine pairings with the prix fixe dining were great, too. It was fantastic, healthful food presented beautifully. It is our all-time favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best vegan anywheremorrisDined on 8/5/2014Excellent vegan restaurant. Many dishes are just vegetarian dishes. A few have protein, such as tempeh. Fine dining, suitable for entertaining business associates. Service is friendly, not pretentious. Staff can recommend dishes, and describe anything on the menu in detail. We had four people sharing three things for each course. Restaurant is very popular, it is a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!kevmonadoVIPDined on 8/4/2014Even if you are not a vegan, this place is amazing. The creative use of ingredients and the wonderful favors are amazing! The chocolate layer cake was enough reason to return! Great service as well. Two thumbs up from us!Special Features: