6009 Paseo Delicias
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Fe
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.millefleurs.com/
- Phone: (858)756-3085x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:30am-1:45pm;
Dinner: Sunday-Friday 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, French
- Executive Chef: Martin Woesle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four private areas available holding up to 20 people, 24 people, 40 people, and 71 people and can be combined to accommodate more. A variety of set and/or limited menus available for large groups.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Osborne (858)756-3085x
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Wednesday-Saturday:
A word from Mille Fleurs
Nestled in the heart of the historic and charming village of Rancho Santa Fe, just four miles inland from Del Mar, Mille Fleurs offers magnificent food presentation with extraordinary French flair. The exquisite yet comfortable French country decor with inviting outside patio provides an atmosphere that is gracious, warm and welcoming. Mille Fleurs has received numerous accolades including: "Top 25 in America" from Food & Wine Magazine "Far and away the best restaurant sampled in greater San Diego" quoted in The New York Times as well as "Best French" and "Best of the Best" in San Diego Magazine. Our award winning wine cellar offers over seven hundred choices spanning the globe and varying greatly in price. A mile down the road is the Chino's Family Farm where our chef heads every day to select the choicest fruits and vegetables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mille Fleurs - Best Restaurants in Rancho Santa Fe ›
Mille Fleurs reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (45)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (29)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014We had an excellent dining experience at Mille Fleurs. Our meals were cooked to perfection and delicious (filet of beef, salmon, wiener schnitzel and one other; salads and lobster bisque were delicious). Our wait staff were excellent also. The atmosphere lovely. We had an extended dinner and the staff didn't make us feel rushed or that we over-stayed our welcome. We were able to enjoy our conversation at leisure. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic engagement dinnerMattDined on 8/23/2014The staff at Mille Fleurs is exceptional, hands down. They are very knowledgeable of their menu, attentive to every need and are able to anticipate and meet needs. The champagne selection is top shelf, the menu is hand selected and prepared daily with fabulous flavor and presentation. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedDined on 8/21/2014everything was outstanding. Would highly recommend this restaurant We will be returning in the near futureSpecial Features:
- SunlovrVIPDined on 8/10/2014We love Mille Fleurs for special occasions. We went most recently for my birthday. I ordered the fish cake for an appetizer and the duck breast for my entree. Both were outstanding! My husband enjoyed the lobster bisque, but his soft shell crab was a bit fishy. Understandably it is the end of the season and they are shipped from a long distance. Probably not the best choice. Everything else including all the wines we tasted were exceptional. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Not impressed at all!GlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/6/2014First & foremost the service is overwhelming as you're constantly approached by 5 different people throughout the dining experience instead of having just one waiter. Their menu has very little to offer for vegetarians so that was the first downside before the dilemmas even began. I went ahead and ordered a salad requesting dressing on the side. It arrived drenched in dressing and when one of the many people came by I asked if it was possible to find out how much was used he replied "not much I don't know an exact amount" (well I have my personal health reasons where I do need to know exact amt). Anyway long story short they remade it within 2 mins I got a bed of greens w/ 2 slices of beet. Voila! No room to write the rest just skip it!
- Not a special memoryJAinAZDined on 7/31/2014We were seated in a room with a fireplace, but not the one in the photo. However, it was right next to the waiter's service station - commotion. The table was a rectangle table with the two chairs on the same side facing this fireplace/service station... not a normal seating arrangement. The Arnold Palmer (a basic iced tea & lemonade drink) had a funny taste... learned it was made with lemon bitters - not lemonade. We never received the bread basket and our waiter had a chip on his shoulder from the start. I would NOT recommend this for a special occasion, but the group outside seemed to be relaxed while they enjoyed the music. So, for a more casual, outside dining experience this might work... but the price point is anything but casual.Special Features:
- Outdoor Pation is Top Lunch SpotSDWineReviewsDined on 7/30/2014Great food in a great environment. The outdoor patio is one of the best spots to have a relaxing lunch in San Diego.Special Features:
- wonderfulwierdDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant is a gem. Good food; good service and good just about everything. Having traveled quite a bit around the world and coming from NY I know the difference and they passed with flying colors!Special Features:
- Wonderful!lovetodineVIPDined on 7/19/2014We love Mille Fleurs! The service and food is always OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- DeanDined on 7/18/2014I have dined here now three (3) times and each time I find the place outstanding. This is a very good restaurant and I will keep coming back when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerDrBobDined on 7/12/2014We have enjoyed dining at Mille Fleurs many times and have never been disappointed. The service is knowledgeable and profession with just the right mixture of friendliness and attentiveness. The food is always 5 star. Great for just a nice night out or to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerDiningDivaDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is wonderful. Great food, very attentive service, incredible old world ambiance. I felt like I was dining in a French home. Highly recommend for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I was disappointed with the food. It wasn't anything special. The fish dish that I ordered was bland and did not resemble the description in the menu. I did mention this but was told this was their best fish dish. As a result, they did not charge us a corkage fee for the wine we brought. I have had this fish dish in other fine restaurants; I feel I know what it should taste like. The ambiance is fine and the main waiters do have a french accent when they greet you.
- Always a lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014We dine at Mille Fleurs occasionally when we are in the area and consistently have a lovely experience. This time, my dover sole was outstanding and my husband's sweetbreads perfect. The amuse bouche and our first course were also delicious, as were the wines we selected at the recommendation of our waiter.Special Features:
- Very fancy and romanticBandBDined on 7/5/2014The service was very hospitable and eagle to help. When they speak French you really get a feeling of France. The food and wine was good. It was pricey but expected for everything you get. Overall, it is a very romantic and fancy setting that I would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Superb, as alwaysQCommVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food is superb. Service is perhaps the finest in San Diego. Bruno is a local legend...
- Menu & Food Quality Has Slippedjeff14Dined on 6/29/2014Not what it used to be. Menu selection and food quality was very average. Disappointing menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My personal favorite-5 StarsHarryDined on 6/28/2014Superb in every way! The food was spectacular as always, the wine selection perfectly complemented the meal and the service was 5 Star as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalceeVIPDined on 6/27/2014It would have all been very good, had we not been seated on top of another foursome who were so loud that we could not speak: not necessary to seat in this manner as the restaurant was not that full.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/19/2014This was our third time to this lovely, classic restaurant. The service is excellent with friendly and attentive staff. This time we thought the food had slipped a bit. Maybe it was an off night in the kitchen. Menu seemed a bit less interesting than in the past.Special Features:
- satisfiedDined on 6/19/2014I have only had dinner there so I cannot comment on lunch. We enjoyed our dinner Everything was outstanding, the service the food and the outdoor setting. The attitude of everybody was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014We obviously came on the wrong night (Tuesday, June 17). There was a wine-tasting group of 40-50 persons, and apparently most of the attention went to them. We waited...and waited...even to be given the menus, then eventually asked if we wanted a drink before dinner. Literally, a 30 minute wait at our (lovely patio table) before we could flag someone down. Our dinner was adequate, but obviously the chef was very busy with the other group and the meal was not up to what we remembered from the past. No apologies were ever offered for the embarassingly slow service; only after sharing our disappointment with the kind maitre'd were we told the wine group had overwhelmed the kitchen. Very disappointing, to say the least.Special Features:
- Perfect serviceYummmmDined on 6/6/2014The food was great, but the service was outstanding. They forced you to relax by pacing everything perfectly. Delicious food, and enough to be full at the end. I had the lamb, and my wife had the antelope. Both were very tender and cooked just right. I will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redhorseranchDined on 5/31/2014As a Rancho Santa Fe resident for over 20 years, I can honestly say that Mille Fleurs just keeps getting better. The food was superb--I love the fact that there were not only two vegetarian dishes but also that venison was on the menu--most definitely something for everyone. The staff was considerate and every request was met. Thank you.Special Features:
- stargroupof5Dined on 5/30/2014My group of five was anticipated by your competent staff--the table was in a good location and was ready for us. Three of us ordered the fixed price lunch, which was very good. We appreciated the attentive service and the pleasant atmosphere. We'll come again!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time!!luvgoingoutDined on 5/25/2014I took my boyfriend there for his birthday & the whole experience was fabulous from the food, wine, service & ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting for special mealJScarmelvalleyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Celebrated 25th anniversary with my wife this weekend. Couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for the meal. Started with lobster bisque. I've had better but it was good. Thinkn that the small pieces of fish floating in the bisque actually detracts from the soup. Main course was the wiener schnitzel. Best ever and enough by itself to bring me back! My wife had the homemade vegetarian ravioli which was also first rate. We have a unique dessert - something with egg whites and english cream. The restaurant also wrote out a special note for us in chocolate. Overall, the evening was outstanding, and Mille Fleurs was a major part of that. Can't wait for my next meal there.Special Features:
- Elegant and peacefulGreenAcresVIPDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I often treat ourselves to a quiet lunch, the food is always special and beautifully presented. Its quiet, and cozy, and even when I show up in my roughed up condition after a long trail ride, they are so welcoming! :)Special Features:
- Over priced ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Quiet, romantic, attentive waite staff. Food very tastee but well overpriced. Wine expensive. Lost credit card charges and called during my drive home to get credit card number over the phone.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceScoonyVIPDined on 5/15/2014Every time I come to Mille Fleurs, my expectations are exceeded--wonderfully delicious food, suberb service, great ambience, quiet enough so you can visit with one anotherSpecial Features:
- A Real TreatjclarDined on 5/11/2014Great food with a very warm, comfortable and romantic setting. The staff is very sociable with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014service was excellent as usual, but a touch slow to receive the check thatSpecial Features:
- Very nice, but not THAT niceLisanSDDined on 5/10/2014Service was outstanding, food was good. An overall very enjoyable evening/experience. Due to the exorbitant pricing for what you get probably won't be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceyankeebob414Dined on 5/8/2014Our kids purchased a gift card for us since we were vacationing in the LaJolla-San Diego area-from the moment we walked in , we were greeted by the extremely professional staff, and the owner and Maite'D began telling us stories about the history of the restaurant and the food--from then on, we enjoyed the wonderful wines, the great food, and dessert, and the general ambience--I will visit again if I get the chance to be in that areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special, VERY SpecialQCommVIPDined on 5/8/2014This is a special place…other restaurants can learn a great deal about customer service by observing how it operates.Special Features:
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/3/2014Celebrated our 17th anniversary here with a special bottle of wine. Wine service was exceptional. Food service was nothing short of spectacular. The food was phenomenal. Over all, a perfect place to dine, special occasion or not.Special Features:
- Mille Fleurs - Consistently GreatJBinSDDined on 5/2/2014It's hard to beat Mille Fleurs. The service is always excellent... the food is superb... the ambiance is inviting. If I had to note anything less than 5-star, it would be the occasional too-loud and/or inappropriately dressed customer. Wearing a t-shirt and shorts to a restaurant such as Mille Fleurs is beyond the pale to me. I get that this is SoCal... my wife and I have lived here for almost 60 years... and dressing for dinner is not the "norm", but a t-shirt and shorts? Maybe in the bar or at one of the al fresco tables, but not in the main dining room. Oh well, perhaps I'm just too old school. Regardless, other than these trivial distractions, the dining experience at Mille Fleurs is consistently one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 727 reviews are from the Mille Fleurs reviews archive.
- Great rediscoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Truly elegant. Great daily dishes and French flair. Chef is very talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to DetailSurfinFanaticDined on 4/24/2014When making the open table reservation in the comment section I noted that my children are allergic to tree nuts. The waiter picked up the note and researched the menu with the chef in advance. As a result we learned right away that there was only one appetizer and no entree they could not have. This made our celebration dinner for a new job less stressful and more enjoyable. When we got to dessert there were a few more items with nuts but there were enough options for them. I'm sure most reviews rave about the food and service but I thought this experience might be helpful for people with food allergies. Of course, food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014we've dined there numerous times; always expecting the same delivery; all was up to par; thought the Weiner Schnitzel was a bit over=done but since it is our favorite; we would not have altered our choice!Special Features: