6009 Paseo Delicias
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Fe
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.millefleurs.com/
- Phone: (858)756-3085x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:30am-1:45pm;
Dinner: Sunday-Friday 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, French
- Executive Chef: Martin Woesle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four private areas available holding up to 20 people, 24 people, 40 people, and 71 people and can be combined to accommodate more. A variety of set and/or limited menus available for large groups.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Osborne (858)756-3085x
- Entertainment: Piano Bar Wednesday-Saturday:
A word from Mille Fleurs
Nestled in the heart of the historic and charming village of Rancho Santa Fe, just four miles inland from Del Mar, Mille Fleurs offers magnificent food presentation with extraordinary French flair. The exquisite yet comfortable French country decor with inviting outside patio provides an atmosphere that is gracious, warm and welcoming. Mille Fleurs has received numerous accolades including: "Top 25 in America" from Food & Wine Magazine "Far and away the best restaurant sampled in greater San Diego" quoted in The New York Times as well as "Best French" and "Best of the Best" in San Diego Magazine. Our award winning wine cellar offers over seven hundred choices spanning the globe and varying greatly in price. A mile down the road is the Chino's Family Farm where our chef heads every day to select the choicest fruits and vegetables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Mille Fleurs - Best Restaurants in Rancho Santa Fe ›
Mille Fleurs reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (50)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (34)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Romantic eveningLove2eatDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our 2nd aniversary to Mille Fleurs. Dinner was wonderful as was the service. The restaurant is beautiful. Look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014We went for a a special occasion which coincided with restaurant week. Delicious food at good price. I do not know if I would pay the prices on their regular menu. They are clearly catering to the local middle aged, affluent crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nomorevitaDined on 9/27/2014The service was terrible we couldn't even read the menu asked the Garson even the head waiter for help and we were ignored. They were catering to.the usual crowd. We could.not even read the wine menu asked them again for someone to bring a light or a candle...it.took them about 20 to 25 minutes for someone to bring the candle to our table..and after they did they were just steering at our table...it was a terrible terrible experienceSpecial Features:
- Mille Fleurs, Elegant French DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Mille Fleurs is a special place for the wife and I. We honeymooned in Paris and have celebrated our anniversary several times at Mille Fleurs. The ambiance in enchanting, the wait staff are attentive and prompt without hovering and the food is beyond delicious. On presentation alone it rates the highest marks but the flavors outshine even that. Mille Fleurs is an elegant dining experience that I would highly recommend for any lover of French cuisine and ambiance. It was like being back in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week PickEncinitasFoodieDined on 9/24/2014We had a lovely meal there this most recent restaurant week. The menu was excellent for the price.Special Features:
- Not what I had hoped forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Food was mediocre at best, service was poor and extremely slow, I will definitely not be returning to this establishment.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerSpaDinerDined on 9/22/2014Enjoyed a nice menu during SDRW. The service was great and the dinners and soup were very good. You need to serve a different bread. It was cold and hard....Special Features:
- DeliciousChavezCDined on 9/22/2014I have heard great things about Mille Fleurs for years and the rumors are right on. I enjoyed a "girls dinner" with 2 of my good friends during restaurant week and the food was delicious, the staff was excellent and the ambiance was wonderful. We enjoyed a duck salad, smoked salmon & bacalo tart (my fav) and a grilled melon salad for starters. Our main entre's were halibut and hanger steak - both were excellent, the steak was cooked perfectly- even for someone that favors fish over steak. :-) Our desserts were good, the Pot de Creme was much better than the torte. It was a chocolate, caramel with sea salt combo. Yum! Wine list was great. Had a lovely Rose. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SECastroDined on 9/21/2014Always a pleasant experience. consistently good food and good service for the past 30+ years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOBeOneDined on 9/21/2014We were seated at a quiet and elegant table per our request. Our server Sean was most informative and attentive. We ordered the Restaurant Week menu with Oysters from their regular dinner menu at an additional charge. The Oysters were very fresh. The appetizers of Roasted Bell Pepper soup and the Chopped Kale and Duck Salad were truly superb. The chef's complimentary rabbit dish was super as well. The Hanger Steak on Rosemary Skewer and the Pork Schnitzel would have excelled with additional seasoning. The desserts of Quark-Blueberry Torte and Chocolate Cardamom Pot de Creme were washed down with Espresso to complete the meal. The impeccable service contributed greatly to our wonderful experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live2eatDined on 9/21/2014$180 for a horrible 3-course meal. The food was disgraceful. Everything else was nice.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerFoodieKatDined on 9/4/20144 of us dined her on Thursday night 8/4/2014 to celebrate my husbands birthday. What a find this lovely restaurant is. The service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive and the food was marvelous - we loved every dish we ordered. I can recommend the Seared Bison aperitif and the Poached Salmon, Wiener Snitzel and Venison entrees are amazing. The restaurant very kindly presented with husband with a complementary dessert for his Birthday. The piano bar was in full flow when we finished our meal. All in all a great night and a fantastic find. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:
- Great!BenjaminVIPDined on 8/31/2014Yum! I was skeptical at first yet the food was quite delicious. Great ingredients perfectly crafted into prestine dishes. The lamb duo was SO good as was the lobster salad. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best High End Food in San DiegoSDWineReviewsDined on 8/29/2014I love the patio at Mille Fleurs. You feel like you are dining in Europe. The food is top quality and beautifully prepared and presented. The wine list is extensive and full of great wines. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Upon entering the restaurant is beautiful courtyard, where we were greeted and taken to be seated. The dining room was elegant and romantic. The food delicious, we went with the duck kale salad and dover sole. The service was impeccable. The moscato wine I ordered was the best I have had. We were celebrating our anniversary and they went the extra mile to make it special. I highly recommend. Capture what makes the restaurant unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialQCommVIPDined on 8/28/2014I always like coming here. The service is perhaps the most polished in San Diego. Soups here are superb. A solid foodie choice.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014We had an excellent dining experience at Mille Fleurs. Our meals were cooked to perfection and delicious (filet of beef, salmon, wiener schnitzel and one other; salads and lobster bisque were delicious). Our wait staff were excellent also. The atmosphere lovely. We had an extended dinner and the staff didn't make us feel rushed or that we over-stayed our welcome. We were able to enjoy our conversation at leisure. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic engagement dinnerMattDined on 8/23/2014The staff at Mille Fleurs is exceptional, hands down. They are very knowledgeable of their menu, attentive to every need and are able to anticipate and meet needs. The champagne selection is top shelf, the menu is hand selected and prepared daily with fabulous flavor and presentation. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedDined on 8/21/2014everything was outstanding. Would highly recommend this restaurant We will be returning in the near futureSpecial Features:
- Service is top drawerQCommVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is a very well run operation. Service here is very attentive. Soups are always great. Schnitzel is superb. One of the best...
- SunlovrVIPDined on 8/10/2014We love Mille Fleurs for special occasions. We went most recently for my birthday. I ordered the fish cake for an appetizer and the duck breast for my entree. Both were outstanding! My husband enjoyed the lobster bisque, but his soft shell crab was a bit fishy. Understandably it is the end of the season and they are shipped from a long distance. Probably not the best choice. Everything else including all the wines we tasted were exceptional. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Not impressed at all!GlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/6/2014First & foremost the service is overwhelming as you're constantly approached by 5 different people throughout the dining experience instead of having just one waiter. Their menu has very little to offer for vegetarians so that was the first downside before the dilemmas even began. I went ahead and ordered a salad requesting dressing on the side. It arrived drenched in dressing and when one of the many people came by I asked if it was possible to find out how much was used he replied "not much I don't know an exact amount" (well I have my personal health reasons where I do need to know exact amt). Anyway long story short they remade it within 2 mins I got a bed of greens w/ 2 slices of beet. Voila! No room to write the rest just skip it!
- Not a special memoryJAinAZDined on 7/31/2014We were seated in a room with a fireplace, but not the one in the photo. However, it was right next to the waiter's service station - commotion. The table was a rectangle table with the two chairs on the same side facing this fireplace/service station... not a normal seating arrangement. The Arnold Palmer (a basic iced tea & lemonade drink) had a funny taste... learned it was made with lemon bitters - not lemonade. We never received the bread basket and our waiter had a chip on his shoulder from the start. I would NOT recommend this for a special occasion, but the group outside seemed to be relaxed while they enjoyed the music. So, for a more casual, outside dining experience this might work... but the price point is anything but casual.Special Features:
- Outdoor Pation is Top Lunch SpotSDWineReviewsDined on 7/30/2014Great food in a great environment. The outdoor patio is one of the best spots to have a relaxing lunch in San Diego.Special Features:
- wonderfulwierdDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant is a gem. Good food; good service and good just about everything. Having traveled quite a bit around the world and coming from NY I know the difference and they passed with flying colors!Special Features:
- Wonderful!lovetodineVIPDined on 7/19/2014We love Mille Fleurs! The service and food is always OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- DeanDined on 7/18/2014I have dined here now three (3) times and each time I find the place outstanding. This is a very good restaurant and I will keep coming back when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerDrBobDined on 7/12/2014We have enjoyed dining at Mille Fleurs many times and have never been disappointed. The service is knowledgeable and profession with just the right mixture of friendliness and attentiveness. The food is always 5 star. Great for just a nice night out or to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerDiningDivaDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is wonderful. Great food, very attentive service, incredible old world ambiance. I felt like I was dining in a French home. Highly recommend for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I was disappointed with the food. It wasn't anything special. The fish dish that I ordered was bland and did not resemble the description in the menu. I did mention this but was told this was their best fish dish. As a result, they did not charge us a corkage fee for the wine we brought. I have had this fish dish in other fine restaurants; I feel I know what it should taste like. The ambiance is fine and the main waiters do have a french accent when they greet you.
- Always a lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014We dine at Mille Fleurs occasionally when we are in the area and consistently have a lovely experience. This time, my dover sole was outstanding and my husband's sweetbreads perfect. The amuse bouche and our first course were also delicious, as were the wines we selected at the recommendation of our waiter.Special Features:
- Very fancy and romanticBandBDined on 7/5/2014The service was very hospitable and eagle to help. When they speak French you really get a feeling of France. The food and wine was good. It was pricey but expected for everything you get. Overall, it is a very romantic and fancy setting that I would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Superb, as alwaysQCommVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food is superb. Service is perhaps the finest in San Diego. Bruno is a local legend...
- Menu & Food Quality Has Slippedjeff14Dined on 6/29/2014Not what it used to be. Menu selection and food quality was very average. Disappointing menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My personal favorite-5 StarsHarryDined on 6/28/2014Superb in every way! The food was spectacular as always, the wine selection perfectly complemented the meal and the service was 5 Star as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalceeVIPDined on 6/27/2014It would have all been very good, had we not been seated on top of another foursome who were so loud that we could not speak: not necessary to seat in this manner as the restaurant was not that full.
- The following 746 reviews are from the Mille Fleurs reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/19/2014This was our third time to this lovely, classic restaurant. The service is excellent with friendly and attentive staff. This time we thought the food had slipped a bit. Maybe it was an off night in the kitchen. Menu seemed a bit less interesting than in the past.Special Features:
- satisfiedDined on 6/19/2014I have only had dinner there so I cannot comment on lunch. We enjoyed our dinner Everything was outstanding, the service the food and the outdoor setting. The attitude of everybody was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014We obviously came on the wrong night (Tuesday, June 17). There was a wine-tasting group of 40-50 persons, and apparently most of the attention went to them. We waited...and waited...even to be given the menus, then eventually asked if we wanted a drink before dinner. Literally, a 30 minute wait at our (lovely patio table) before we could flag someone down. Our dinner was adequate, but obviously the chef was very busy with the other group and the meal was not up to what we remembered from the past. No apologies were ever offered for the embarassingly slow service; only after sharing our disappointment with the kind maitre'd were we told the wine group had overwhelmed the kitchen. Very disappointing, to say the least.Special Features:
- Perfect serviceYummmmDined on 6/6/2014The food was great, but the service was outstanding. They forced you to relax by pacing everything perfectly. Delicious food, and enough to be full at the end. I had the lamb, and my wife had the antelope. Both were very tender and cooked just right. I will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.