Mill Pond Steakhouse
84 Boykins Mill Road
Rembert, SC 29128Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Mill Pond Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.themillpondsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8034258825
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ben Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will cater; rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, cocktail parties, and wedding receptions.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private facilities available for bridal or business luncheons; AV equipment is available.
- Private Party Contact: Alan Voigt 8034258825
A word from Mill Pond Steakhouse
The Mill Pond Steak House is the only up-scaled steakhouse in the midlands. We offer the best Certified Angus Beef that is aged for 40 plus days before it is served to the guest. We have a well developed and seasoned staff that is committed to your dining needs. It starts from the time you pick up the phone to make a reservation to the time you are welcomed at the front door and lasts forever. When you arrive to the Mill Pond Steakhouse in Boykin, SC you take a step back in time. The restaurant is composed of three historic buildings established in the early 19th century. The kitchen was the old Post office, the bar was the old General Store and the main dining room was another General Store relocated to its present location. From the heart pine floors to the reclaimed lumber that was once walls of several cabins in Boykin, you realize that you are surrounded by history. Mill Pond Steak House offers rustic elegance with southern hospitality and a one of a kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mill Pond Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Rembert ›
Mill Pond Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (21)romantic (17)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good and Not So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We took our parents out for 60th anniversary. Very nice ambiance - we were entertained by gator watching at the pond. Our server was wonderful. Meats were a little disappointing. I was told their steaks were to die for but mine and my mother's were both dry & overcooked. My husband ordered swordfish and it was also dry & overcooked. My father ordered the prime rib and was very happy with it. Their cornbread and butter was a treat. Their cobbler was delicious. The best was the seafood pot appetizer! Crab legs, lobster tails & shrimp - cooked to perfection and the presentation was eye-candy.Special Features:
- Can not recommendlocalcoupleDined on 8/26/2014The setting was beautiful and the tables were beautifully set. The waiter was helpful and attentive. The food was very ordinary to not good at all and quite expensive. They obviously need a new chef.
- Service and Diningluv2dineDined on 8/16/2014The food and service was excellent. People need to come prepared to pay a higher price for the meal as everything is alacarte and the $50 dollar steak does not come with a salad or baked potato. Total cost with tip was $175 and worth it but not something we can always do. From the host to all servers everything was top notch and couldn't find fault with anyone. They all wanted to make sure you had an enjoyable experience. It was worth the 1 1/2 hour drive we took for the dinner and don't let the outside keep you from going in.Special Features:
- Quaint and charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Does not look like much from the outside, but the inside was rustic and set up for fine dining Southern style. We knew it was pricey before we went as recommended by the B and B we stayed in. Menu set up as a la carte as Ruth Chris, etc. The ribeye my husband ordered rare, was a nice thick size but not as good quality as you would expect for $42. It was somewhat tough and chewy. I ordered a special which was Grouper and was superb at $38 dollars. Salads were delicious as was the berry cobbler. Not sure it was worth the prices, but will give it another try if we get back that way and split a steak next time with a sharing charge.Special Features:
- Great placeGoog29150Dined on 7/25/2014Only reason the service got a three was confusion with who was waiting on us. We had to sit for 10 to 15 min before we had any type of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful night...3gullsandabouyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Such a wonderful dinner with a very special dessert, an awesome atmosphere, fantastic service, both on the bar and at our table. A perfect night. Completely worth the hour drive from Florence and worth every penny spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2dinefun2dineDined on 7/10/2014Delightful dining experience. Historical location. Quaint setting. Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbGetfitwithDeniseDined on 7/5/2014The food, decor and service were absolutely superb. Quite a surprise for the location. Drop this restaurant in the middle of Manhattan and it will stand among the best. I'm so glad I was introduced to it. One of the best dining experiences that I have had in a while. Better than the View Restaurant on top of the Marriot Hotel in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms PaigeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Great service. Excellent quality food. Great steaks! Good portioned sides ( family style). Truely a nice place for a family dinner or a romantic couples dinner. I would compare this establishment to Ruth Kris. We were very pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencemmmmmmmfoodDined on 5/24/2014Mill Pond is a great dining experience. Excellent service from beginning to end. Food tastes great and cooked to perfection. Definitely a couples romantic dinner getaway! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a real dining experience!Special Features:
- Magnificent DinningJosephDined on 5/14/2014The oysters were outstanding, Martini was perfect, steaks could be cut with a fork, that's how tender they were. Let me not forget the view of Boykin Lake and its alligators, what perfect view as the sun sets. We dine here once a year when in Camden for my military reunion and just love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and classQueenofthedogsDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is always on the top of my list if favorites! It's pricey, but worth it. The steaks are amazing, the view is fabulous and the desserts are delicious.Special Features:
- The following 205 reviews are from the Mill Pond Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Excellent!RottieDined on 5/2/2014This was my second visit. First time in, I dropped in without reservations not knowing what to expect after just moving here. Your staff was most gracious to work us in and we had a wonderful dinner. This time, reservations and much better prepared for a fine dining experience. The food was again outstanding, the staff was excellent and gracious, and the ambiance couldn't have been more pleasant. Yes, I will be back again and again!! I can't say enough good about Mill Pond!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill Pond disappointmentCamdendinerDined on 4/25/2014Beautiful setting at the edge of the old mill pond. Main entrees are o.k., but some of the sides, including the salads, were disappointing. Unfortunately the rest rooms were not clean, and this was a very poor reflection on the quality of the entire operation. Overall, at this price point, hard to recommend.Special Features:
- PassJWJ1Dined on 4/2/2014When the best thing about a restaurant is the room itself... Mill Pond is a cute venue with interesting vistas but the food is priced sky-high and the quality just isn't there. When I'm coughing up $45 for a Bone-in Strip Steak it should be 1) Prime, not Black Angus Choice 2) not defrosted before it is cooked. Appetizers were meh. Wine list extremely compact but not unapproachable or overpriced. While there are not alot of alternatives in the area if you are going to present yourself as a specialty steakhouse and charge as they do you have to deliver the same level of ingredients and preparation.
- VERY EXPENSIVEStunnedDined on 3/13/2014The atmosphere was really good. The food was good, but it was VERY expensive. I would have rated it excellent except for the price.Special Features:
- Excellent service and theFoodieDined on 3/7/2014Excellent service and the food is always impeccable. The rustic look of the outside buildings is a bit deceiving if this is your first visit but once your seated it becomes quite clear that this is a class act. Love this this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Steak!BabyandJohnnyDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I have been coming here for years now since we were introduce by friends. Each time we try something a little different - usually one of the specials. The only things that remain constant in our choices are the macaroni and cheese and fried okra. No matter what entree or appetizer we pick we always come back to our two favorite sides. The absolute perfect filet and always at perfect temperature - medium rare! We are looking forward to our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedRichC1976Dined on 2/22/2014I had a reservation and had to wait 30 minutes before being served. They were out of the appetizer my wife ordered. My ceasar salad was bland, the croutons were small and crushed and the dressing had a sour taste. I could have ordered a cesear salad in the bag from Wal-Mart. My Rib Eye steak was good however my wife's salmon was very dry. The waite staff was good. I believe my server was John. They are off the beatten path and there ad says worth the drive. No way! I could have gone to Ruby Tuesday. They are no Peter Luger or Flemings steakhouse. Not sure I would go back. Sincerely, A Steak LoverSpecial Features:
- Diamond In The RoughgbouknightDined on 2/22/2014In the middle of nowhere lies this little gem of a restaurant. Everything about our experience was top notch...food, wine, service. The steaks were better than some that we have had at highly rated steakhouses throughout the country. The wine list, although not what I would call extensive, is very respectable with some nice wines. Family-style sides are unique and delicious. And the dessert...to die for. We had the freshly made mixed berry cobbler. Service was impeccable. Overall a great experience!Special Features:
- Valentine's misadventureBillVIPDined on 2/14/2014So what happens when you go to a great restaurant that is understaffed on Valentine's Day? Long wait, little attention given, frazzled wait staff, poor quality of usually great food - essentially you as the customer are invisible and are simply felt to be part of the problem. I suggest you only go when they are not crowded, if at all.
- Great steaks! Service slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great steaks! Service slow but to be expected on Valentine's day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMooreDined on 2/14/2014Great food, impeccable service, and an ambience all it's own. Come see for yourself.Special Features:
- Very good food on the siteFullSoldierDined on 2/14/2014Very good food on the site of an old country town and pond where a late Civil war battle was fought. The restaurant is in the old country store, but is set up very nicely. Great place for a special occasion. Everything is ala carte, but the servings are generous. Each time the staff has been excellent and worked intentionally to make it a great experience for us such as ensuring we had a private table on our anniversary or near a window for the view at Valentines. Great place...we'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a super meal at theFullSoldierDined on 12/21/2013We had a super meal at the Mill Pond Steakhouse. It is upscale SC cooking in a history rich environment. Everybody will find something they enjoy on the menu from delicious steaks, to SC Shrimp & Grits to comfort food like classic mac and cheese. It is not on your way to most places, but it is worth every mile of the dirve to get there.Special Features:
- GREATRickDined on 12/18/2013The food and atmosphere was great. From the meal to the after dinner coffee, everything was fantastic. Waiter was very attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing As Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013We have our office Christmas party here every year. The food is fabulous! Jill our wonderful waitress caters to our every whim. The atmosphere is great too! Go Hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013Thanks for a great meal! Delicious! Will be back, love the limo service.Special Features:
- WOWChaseDined on 11/26/2013What a great place. There are not many steakhouses around Sumter SC and this one hit the nail on the head. This place has a great history, food is fantastic, the staff is extremely friendly and the overall experience is one of a kind. Gotta have a steak and a side of grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten pathDar2Dined on 11/23/2013This was my second time at Millpond Steakhouse, and better than the first time. Drove by it the first time and was taken back by what was on the inside, truly do not judge this "book" by its cover. The staff anticipated and tended to all of our wants and needs, and all personnel were professional and courteous. The aged steak was by far best steak I've had in the area, and the sides are plentiful. The only thing I would change about my second visit would be the time, get there early to see the scenery and take in the view at the window front tables. I will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- great overall experiencesharon1Dined on 11/16/2013As always the Mill Pond Steak House delivers a great overall experience for special occasions my son, husband and my son's financee's birthdays.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceAndyDined on 11/16/2013I took my wife here for our 12th anniversary and it was the perfect fit. The staff were amazing and made us feel very welcome. It was a nice, quiet and laid back atmosphere. The food was absolutely amazing. My wife had the bacon wrapped filet and I had the rib eye special, both were cooked perfectly and the seasonings were exactly what I had hoped for. This restaurant is right on par with some of the more expensive places I've eaten while traveling for work in Chicago, California and even Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience!!!!MillPondX2Dined on 11/2/2013We find the Mill Pond is far superior to all the restaurants we have been to lately. Dining there is a wonderful and relaxing experience. We highly recommend it to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberKnowgoodfoodDined on 9/6/201350 characters, really? Only 24 needed. OUT OF THIS WORLD CRAZY GOOD! You could not find a better steak anywhere. Actually not a better meal. My husband & I both had the aged rib eyes which were cooked to perfection.. We shared the caramelized onions & Mac & cheese. (You cannot go there without trying their Mac & cheese. I don't know what they put in it but it' s magic on your tongue! And the peach cobbler...... It will make you write home to grandma! The atmosphere is very romantic. The scenery is country beautiful; we always see our little grey fox crossing the bridge & our gator cruising the huge pond. The staff is very knowledgeable & efficient. Well worth the the trip but don't forget your wallet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2013Everytime we go to Mill Pond we have wonderful service and an amazing view. We have sen the most amazing nature while there. Last time we saw fox and an alligators. I can't say enough positive about this place including the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is certainly a specialMissLadyRebeccaDined on 8/24/2013This is certainly a special occasion restaurant. For two, our bill was $100+ with water to drink, but it was well worth it. The food is top notch and the views of the Boykin Mill Pond and the birds at sunset are beautiful. I had an incredible 8oz filet. We ordered mixed berry cobbler for dessert and it was amazing! The portions are large and we went home with half our cobbler and half of the potatoes. For an upscale dining experience this is my favorite place near the Sumter area. In my opinion, much better than the Hamptons in Sumter. The ambiance is more laid back and not as "uppity" as the Hamptons, especially for non-locals. Highly recommend to everyone for a delicious meal for a special occasion with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, deliciousfoodiemcfoodersonDined on 7/27/2013Excellent service, delicious food, beautiful setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food! Server wasmgaacaDined on 7/27/2013Outstanding food! Server was so helpful and informative. Very friendly hostess. Wonderful night, but bring extra cash. Food taste so good that you will order more and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind gem in the roughPedoriDined on 7/26/2013I would highly recommend this restaurant if you like a unique ambience combined with fantastic food and great service. For a special occasion or just a relaxing dinner with someone special, you won't be disappointed. The waitstaff tend to your every need and are extremely knowledgeable about the menu choices. NOTE: If you are lucky enough to spot them, the alligators in the pond add to the conversation.Special Features:
- Best Dinning in Columbiabearcat23gusDined on 7/20/2013I have been to this restaurant multiple times and each time I go, it's always perfect. From the setting, service, to the food, it's always the best. It's about a 20-30 minute drive depending on where you live in Columbia, but it is well worth it. This is fine dinning at its best! I'm already looking forward to the next excuse/reason to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.