Mill Pond House
437 East Main Street
Centerport, NY 11721Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mill Pond House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.millpondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 261-7663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00-10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andrew Crabtree
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site Catering is available
- Private Party Facilities: Our catering menu can customized to your needs. Please contact either Jared or Jen for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Jared/Jennifer 6312617663x
A word from Mill Pond House
This quaint 100 year old home turned restaurant is the perfect waterfront setting for any occasion. Our outdoor bar, sushi menu, raw bar, award-winning wine list and fine American cuisine are just a few of Mill Pond House's offerings. Come and enjoy brunch pond-side every Saturday and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mill Pond House reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)great for outdoor dining (85)special occasion (69)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (45)great for lunch (35)good for groups (29)great for brunch (28)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Cold foodMickDined on 11/22/2014We waited forever for our food. When it arrived everyone's vegetables were cold. Very disappointing after waiting so long. We used to come here often but won't be returning. Service was not up to par and food was just ok and vegetables hard to eat so cold. Didn't complain because we didn't want to wait any longer. Very expensive for very mediocre food and service.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Was last minute but found this place to be just the right setting for a romantic dinner with a special person. Food and service was very good. Live in the city and was very happy to come across such a nice place on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Mill PondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Always a great choice. Mill Pond never disappoints. The food and view are unsurpassed. The wait staff is very attentive and curteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neiborhood gemthefoodiesVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great view of the pond . We sat at the heated patio. Food was good . Service was slow. The only dish that was not Good was the butternut squash soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time... now last timeDrmarymacVIPDined on 11/8/2014Been looking to eating here- live in neighborhood. Finally did Ordered the filet mignon -medium.-arrived nearly rare and it had a BBQ sauce on plate Took a bite and thought had a funny taste, took 2 more - still had a funny taste. Looked around for someone but no one ever came by to check on us. Tried to get someone's attention- 20 min. Finally got a manager and told him I could not eat it and that no one came by. Said he would adjust check. Received the check- 1/2 off - given discount of 19.00- this was more offensive than not doing anything. I wonder which half I was charged for? It's a shame because I wanted to eat here for a while and now that I did they lost me as a customer not because of the meal but how they handled it.
- Consistently goodLuv2eatDined on 11/7/2014Mill Pond is a wonderful dining experience. At our most recent visit, food and service were excellent - and we liked that the manager went around to ask how everything was. Our waitress was lovely and also stopped by to check on us. We enjoy eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit chillydeejayDined on 11/7/2014I love Mill Pond House - it's my favorite go-to restaurant. When I was there this past Friday, our group sat on the porch. You can't beat the view, but the room was chilly. They had the heater on now and then, but overall, it was rather "uncomfortable" and I found myself a bit anxious to get back to my warm car. But the food, the waitstaff, the choices..........all incredible, as always!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceMargeDined on 11/6/2014We went on the spur of the moment because it was restaurant week. Two of us ordered off the special restaurant week menu; the other off the regular menu. The place was crowded, but we got our requested table with a view in the outdoor (covered and heated) section. Service was attentive and cordial. The food was delicious and served exactly as ordered. The sashimi ordered off the regular menu was fresh and bright. The penne bolognese and filet of sole from the special menu was plated beautifully and tasted even better than it looked. We would happily pay full price for everything. That it was restaurant week was a bonus.Special Features:
- First Time Winnerfood4thoughtDined on 11/4/2014This is my first time at Mill Pond and I was highly impressed by the food quality and extremely cordial service. I will absolutely be back and I am already looking to book group meetings there.Special Features:
- hoyamomDined on 11/2/2014have been to the mill pond house many times. service as always very good. portions a good size. started off with calamari. was easily enough for 2. My husband had a salad which looked delicious. Then became a bit disappointed this time. As i was eating my fish it was crunchy. i turned it over to find it was burnt on the bottom. should never have been sent out this way. My creme brulee was like a warm soup. still tasty, but this visit was not the quality the Mill Pond house usually has.
- Usually one of my favoritesMaryAnnVIPDined on 10/18/2014Unfortunately service was lacking on this particular night. We waited for someone to take a drink order as did the table beside us. They actually had to flag down the waiter. We had to flag him down to pay the bill even though the credit card was sitting on the table for a while. One other thing...the waiter came over after dinner to see if my husband needed another drink. That should have occurred when dinner was delivered to our table. This is very unusual for Mill Pond House and I will definitely return.
- lakotaDined on 10/12/2014It was the first night of restaurant week. place was jammed. waited 20 minutes for a reserved table. Food was great.Special Features:
- Great for Restaurant WeekBurkeDined on 10/12/2014Do be sure to reserve on weekend. Great meal terrific sunset viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied, as alwaysJohnnyGDined on 10/12/2014We have eaten at Mill Pond a couple of times for a special occasion and have always been happy with the food, service and the restaurant it's self. This time we went, with friends, for Sunday Brunch and we had a great time. The service was great. Everyone on the wait staff was friendly, courteous and thoughtful. The food was great, as anticipated. I had the Centerport Scrambled and it was just as I expected: tasty, hot and presented perfectly. The others in our party were equally happy with their selections. BRAVO! FIVE-STAR RATING!!!Special Features:
- TommyVIPDined on 10/9/2014A truly special experience. Beautiful view. Food is really good, superb service.Special Features:
- MattDined on 10/4/2014We quite enjoyed our night at Mill Pond. I wouldn't be surprised if the servers were understaffed because they seemed quite busy, but the food was excellent and the staff was courteous and helpful.Special Features:
- Ambiance2Dined on 9/28/2014The Mill Pond Inn is a great example of fine dining- great food and service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Always great foodLiketoeatoutDined on 9/23/2014One of the rare places where you get great food and a scenic view. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Special!LoriDined on 9/21/2014The Mill Pond is always good! It always make you feel special.Special Features:
- Mill Pond HouseMattdDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding! We went here for a "belated" anniversary dinner. I made some special requests (seating - champagne etc). The manager and staff were WELL on point with their duties. Amy and Elena were our servers, they did an outstanding job explaining the menu and making sure all our needs were met. Now the food. I had Quinoa stuffed Poblamo pepper, it was well presented and tasted good. I'd spice it up a notch. My wife had California rolls which were chilled perfectly and served with a delicate but tasty dipping sauce and the ubiquitous Wasabi. The Short ribs and Flounder dishes were well presented and prepared.Special Features:
- Great food but noisyBob49Dined on 9/19/2014We've been to the Mill Pond several times and the food never disappoints. Excellent seafood and steaks. Our one mistake was sitting "outside". In the summer, sitting outside is wonderful with the fabulous view, but they had the plastic windows down this last visit (mid-September) and the noise just bounces off the windows. Between that and the active bar, we couldn't carry on a conversation. As we walked back through the main area on the way out we noticed a substantial noise reduction. Go there but sit "inside" if it's not summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Prefer to give my review privately to a manager...Special Features:
- Great as usualMaryAnnVIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is a staple for us and we live 40 minutes away.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Once again the Mill Pond house was a perfect night out. The staff is professional and well trained in the art of making their guests feel as if you are dinning at home.Special Features:
- Great food & ambianceBobfam4Dined on 9/13/2014Heard it was a great place to eat and we were not disappointed. I will come back and try brunch soon.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOioiVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is my family's go to restaurant. Aside from the excellent food, the staff consistently surprises us with their friendliness. Amy is always kind enough to pick us a great bottle of wine. Armando and Mauricio always take excellent care of us. Have never been disappointed here. Thanks for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewrmplVIPDined on 9/12/2014beautiful view, great service,good food.. Can not beat the price fix lunch
- Great RestaurantGustheGreekDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great, from the service & food and pond views. This was our second time there to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The only complaint I have was that it got very warm towards the end of our dinner. It was very crowded due to it being a saturday night, but it was also a humid evening. I'm hoping that their ac unit was cranked up to the max. But overall, it's a great romantic place for lunch or dinner. Highly recommended. The cheesecake was outstanding. You have to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill pondKimster28VIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Mill Pond for the view of the water and the food is excellent! We had the oysters to start very fresh and tasty. Kale salad is perfect dressing is so good. 2lb lobsters stuffed with crab meat are Amazing. My only upsetting moment was when we went to pay. I wanted to use a visa gift card and they would not take it:(. A Visa card is the same thing as a credit card. Excellent restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill PondZoe22Dined on 9/5/2014Very enjoyable dining experience.....food is always delicious.Special Features:
- katieDined on 8/30/2014One of my favorite places in Huntington, my experience this time (and I have been to Mill Pond a lot), was horrible. Service was terrible from waitress not saying hello and going right into order, to waiting for drinks, to not asking if we wanted to take our left over food home. Hope when I go back the experience is like I have known it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerwoobieDined on 8/30/2014My husband & I were looking for a restaurant that we had never been to before by the water. I have always wanted to go to the Mill Pond House, so that's where we wound up. We were able to sit outside, which is under a big awning. It was a very overcast night, but it was still warm. Our daughter came with us, so she & I split a bottle of wine & my husband had beer. The drink selections wr ere very very expensive. We split a cheese platter before our meal which wet enjoyed. I had a shrimp dish for dinner which was good, my husband had a fish & my daughter had pasta. All good, nothing out of this world. We had desset, which also was very good. Overall I would say we enjoyed out night. The service was terrific, not sure I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing night outSourpussVIPDined on 8/29/2014I made an 8:00 reservation, got to the restaurant a few minutes before and I was told it would be a 45 minute wait. The hostess told me they were really busy and there was no way we would be seated earlier. She directed us to the extremely crowded outside bar.We were in finally seated at 9. It took a while for the waitress to come to introduce herself and see if we wanted drinks. After 20 mins, we asked another waiter that was helping her to take our order. She just had a sourpuss on the whole night. She seemed annoyed when we asked her for something too. There are are way too many other restaurants that I'd rather patronize. There's no excuse for rude behavior or snottiness from hostess to waitress.
- Place to go!SadieDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful view even at low tide. If weather is good eat outside on the covered porch. The porch bar is a fun place to meet. It is a great place for both young & old. Try it you 'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placebeachgal24Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went here for our wedding anniversary and we absolutely loved it! We had a really nice table outside over looking the gorgeous view and saw a beautiful sunset. Service was great and everything we ordered from appetizer, main dish to our dessert was fabulous. I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014Food was very good. They have a nice variety on the menu and very good service. The view is beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014I ordered the fish special, Swordfish and Lentels. The fish was overcooked and the Lentels were undercooked. Additionally I ordered one of the featured wines from the wine list and was charged more than the wine list indicated. After bringing it to the waiters attention they corrected the bill. This place is a summer regular for me and my wife but the last two visits were disappointing.
- lovely restauranthungryDined on 8/24/2014This is my third time at Mill Pond Inn. It is a new find for me. I enjoy the beautiful view and the food is top notch. The service is attentive. Sitting outside with a view of the pond is ideal. When the weather is good this is the best place to be. I had lunch twice and the outside was quiet and pleasant. However I went on a Sunday evening and we were not able to sit outside even though I had reserved a table ahead of time online and requested an outside seat since we were celebrating a birthday. There were no seats outside when we arrived and we were told if we waited 30-45 minutes we could sit outside. Later we did go out to see the view and the noise level was pretty high so we were happy we had eaten inside.Special Features:
- expected more-was dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Waited and waited for a waiter until I had to say something. Crab cocktail was good. Veal t-bone was way under cooked-mashed potatoes and vegetables not seasoned- bland.mashed potatoes tasted like instant.first time there, won't returnSpecial Features:
- Outside dining?Liam461VIPDined on 8/23/2014We were very disappointed that our OPEN TABLE reservation did not include reserving an outside table. Which is the whole beauty of the restaurant. ( We were informed outdoor dining had a SEPARATE reservation list ). All in all the meal was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.