Mill Pond House
437 East Main Street
Centerport, NY 11721Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mill Pond House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.millpondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6312617663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00-10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andrew Crabtree
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site Catering is available
- Private Party Facilities: Our catering menu can customized to your needs. Please contact either Jared or Jen for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Jared/Jennifer 6312617663x
A word from Mill Pond House
This quaint 100 year old home turned restaurant is the perfect waterfront setting for any occasion. Our outdoor bar, sushi menu, raw bar, award-winning wine list and fine American cuisine are just a few of Mill Pond House's offerings. Come and enjoy brunch pond-side every Saturday and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mill Pond House - Best Restaurants in Centerport ›
Mill Pond House reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (127)great for outdoor dining (110)special occasion (80)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (38)great for brunch (28)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (18)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Place to go!SadieDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful view even at low tide. If weather is good eat outside on the covered porch. The porch bar is a fun place to meet. It is a great place for both young & old. Try it you 'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014Food was very good. They have a nice variety on the menu and very good service. The view is beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014I ordered the fish special, Swordfish and Lentels. The fish was overcooked and the Lentels were undercooked. Additionally I ordered one of the featured wines from the wine list and was charged more than the wine list indicated. After bringing it to the waiters attention they corrected the bill. This place is a summer regular for me and my wife but the last two visits were disappointing.
- lovely restauranthungryDined on 8/24/2014This is my third time at Mill Pond Inn. It is a new find for me. I enjoy the beautiful view and the food is top notch. The service is attentive. Sitting outside with a view of the pond is ideal. When the weather is good this is the best place to be. I had lunch twice and the outside was quiet and pleasant. However I went on a Sunday evening and we were not able to sit outside even though I had reserved a table ahead of time online and requested an outside seat since we were celebrating a birthday. There were no seats outside when we arrived and we were told if we waited 30-45 minutes we could sit outside. Later we did go out to see the view and the noise level was pretty high so we were happy we had eaten inside.Special Features:
- expected more-was dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Waited and waited for a waiter until I had to say something. Crab cocktail was good. Veal t-bone was way under cooked-mashed potatoes and vegetables not seasoned- bland.mashed potatoes tasted like instant.first time there, won't returnSpecial Features:
- Outside dining?Liam461VIPDined on 8/23/2014We were very disappointed that our OPEN TABLE reservation did not include reserving an outside table. Which is the whole beauty of the restaurant. ( We were informed outdoor dining had a SEPARATE reservation list ). All in all the meal was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MisslikegoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We have had some very good meals at Mill Pond and some very mediocre meals. Unfortunately this latest was in the mediocre category. They ambiance, décor and noise level were all great. Unfortunately the service was "ok", not commensurate with the prices and the food was also just "ok" this time. One plate was clearly sitting waiting for the other to be cooked and showed up luke warm.Special Features:
- pmeissPaulVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant doesn't disappoint. The outside dining is comfortable, with a noise level that allows normal conversation. The view is great. Service is always attentive but not intrusive. The menu is extensive, and the food spectacular. We have eaten here many times over the years and never had anything but a consistently superior experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrKenDined on 8/17/2014The food and ambiance, as always, was wonderful. However, on this occasion, after requesting a table outdoors, when we arrived we were told that there would be a 45 minute wait. What no one told us, was that there were two parties inside the restaurant and that the only table available was inside in the dark lobby area. My only complaint is that we were not informed that the seating was so limited for our six o'clock reservation. They did try to accommodate us at the outside bar area, where we had our appetizers, which turned out to be ok, and then were seated at the next available table. Beautiful day and beautiful view.Special Features:
- Food great, service not as greatlmfcshDined on 8/16/2014I made reservations at Mill Pond to celebrate our anniversary with friends. I put the info in comments, I mentioned it to the person confirming the reservation. I was told they would do a little special decor on the dessert, write Happy Anniversary in chocolate, add a little sparkle. None of that happened and in fact, the waiter who delivered my sushi appetizer spilled the soy sauce all over my place setting, tablecloth, almost on me. He never apologized, offered to put a fresh napkin over it, asked if the spill hit my clothing, nothing. I was very disappointed no one acknowledged the celebration, not even the wine steward listening as we toasted. Next time I'll think of Capital Grill or Rare650 for a celebration. The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service, View All TopsChailanderDined on 8/16/2014Had been here for dinner and that was great. Needed a place for Brunch / Lunch and wanted to be able to enjoy a lovely summer day; Mill Pond House fit and exceeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014I was really disappointed that there was no offer to wait to get a table w/a view. We arrived 15 min before our reservation (7:30p) and were seated promptly but inside next to the wall next adjacent to the outdoor seating area. Someone came over and asked if we would like a drink etc but never told us his name. The waiter came over and told us the specials were located inside the menu. The food was good but my KLING fish dish needed some seasoning. My wife's grilled tuna was excellent. We also ordered appy's from the special menu which was spinach salad and the fried green tomatoes which were both excellent. We did not order dessert. Valet could use some help...Special Features:
- I love this placeMiamidinerDined on 8/10/2014I visit the area every summer - I had dinner 3 times last week and then Sunday brunch. Absolutely great food and friendly people. Clams and Chorizo appetizer is my recommendation.Special Features:
- HungryMamaDined on 8/9/2014Everything was wonderful with one small blemish...there is a separate seating list for those who want to sit outside which no one told us. We sat inside at the window which was wonderful but we would have liked sitting outside on the water. The food and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentDisappointedDined on 8/8/2014We had a reservation for a birthday dinner and requested an outdoor table well in advance. We got there and there was no table for us. We explained that this was reserved on Open Table and nobody seemed to care. Since we drove for over an hour, we wanted to wait for a table. They said nothing would be available for more than an hour. They said to have a drink at the bar. I asked if that meant they were giving us a drink and the reply was, "no, you want a drink, buy it yourself." NEVER AGAIN
- LuncheonlunchgrammaDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed a great lunch on a beautiful day for dining outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Service was pleasant but very very slow, food in general was good, especially the marinated skirt steak and lobster roll, sushi good, but veal parm was awful, the view was gorgeous .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewthe4ofusVIPDined on 8/4/2014Food and service was wonderful and the view of the water is perfect!Special Features:
- Food 10 - Service 0NativeNYerDined on 7/31/2014View, food and ambiance were wonderful. The waiter (Mauricio) was rude, unprofessional and actually diminished the experience to a great degree. For the first time in decades of dining at Fine Dining restaurants world wide - we requested that another waiter complete our meal service. Blake was wonderful. It seems that (according to previous reviews) that management does not really care about staff attitude - perhaps they think it adds to the "exclusivity" of the room. Actually it causes patrons to seek out other, more cordial places to dine. An email to the owner went unanswered.Special Features:
- Beautiful view!JCMLDined on 7/30/2014Great outdoor dining venue, with a beautiful view. Prixe fixe lunch is a very good value. Portions are large. Deck was crowded and service was not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience2klaysDined on 7/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch/brunch at Mill Pond House. We have never been disappointed there..the setting is lovely and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for datePodocDined on 7/26/2014This was the second time I was here. I took a date here for her birthday. We sat outside on a smaill balcony over looking a lake. Very nice. The food was good although a little expensive.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were disappointed with our recent dining experience. We had dined here a few years ago and it was not as good as we remembered. The wait staff seemed to rotate and they failed to follow up after each course to ask how the food was or if we needed more drinks. Although the sushi was excellent, our main courses were bland. I would not recommend eating here nor would I return.Special Features:
- Great View!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014They should move the parking lot so the view doesn't include it. Great view and could be better if they did.Special Features:
- Mill PondTobyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great dinner and service until we got our entree and then the service slowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food average serviceNibby11Dined on 7/19/2014Sat down and immediately greeted by a server assistant who asked if we wanted a drink. We asked for a drink menu he said "what were you thinking of" so had to think on the spot. The table next to us was greeted by the actual server who brought them the drink menu when they asked. Once I received the menu I saw different drinks I would have preferred. Appetizers, entrees and desserts came too quickly after each other. We wanted dessert but could barely finish because were still so full. We saw server assistants more than our actual server. Our actual server was not very friendly herself. The food however was very good and the menu had a wide range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Best Office Dinner Club Ever!JoJoDined on 7/16/2014We were all so impressed with this restaurant. We try to have our summer dinner at a water-view venue each year and have been to may places, but loved this the best! We all agreed that everything was just perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantgoodfoodDined on 7/15/2014My family dined here during the week. They were very accomodating when we had to change the time, friendly staff, excellent food and atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantfanoffinedinningDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant had been one of my favorite restaurants for very long time and for many years. The restaurant is well manged and well kept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and view, as usualCgaldinerDined on 7/13/2014Mill Pond consistently has excellent food, albeit a bit pricey. The view is also lovely. The service is normally outstanding but this time I only gave a 'fair' because the waiter seemed to forget us mid way through the meal. We waited too long for water refills and the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Great viewBoydsgDined on 7/12/2014Great view with food to match. Extensive wine list. Service was very attentive even though it was busy. Already made another reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed:(LoveToEatOutDined on 7/11/2014I selected this restaurant to celebrate my sister's birthday.Although I specifically requested a table outdoors on OpenTable and called to reconfirm my request,when we arrived we waited over an hour as it was a first come, first served type of situation.Once seated,we were tended to by a multitude of waiters and/or busboys.A glass of water spilled onto the table and they tried to "cover" the spill with napkins instead of replace the table cloth.When we requested that they change the table cloth, we got an attitude as if it was an inappropriate request.We requested additional lemons for the seafood tower that we ordered as an appetizer(4 quarters of a lemon was hardly enough) and we never got them.Overall,a disappointment:(Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchfranVIPDined on 7/11/2014We were seated at a wonderful table out on the terrace. It was tranquil and delish. What can I say, The Mill Pond House is a wonderful restaurant with the best lunch deal in town.Special Features:
- Mill PondZoe22Dined on 7/10/2014Dined outside, overlooking water. Arugula and watermelon salad special, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to go there for LunchCindyDined on 7/10/2014Too crowded for dinner, especially the beautiful outside area with bar. Lunch is quiet and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014The food was very good. The service was ok. Their was a large party also that night. People who came after us, ordered first. When I booked the reservation, I mentioned I wanted a water view and that it was our anniversary. They tried to give us the furthest table away and they made no mention of our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view with delicious fooddinewithaviewDined on 7/4/2014We were a party of four and all enjoyed our appetizers and entrees. The salads were interestingly mixed, crisp and fresh. The linguine with white clam sauce was especially good, plenty of sauce and fresh, tender clams. Everyone at the table at their fork in.Special Features:
- Nice LunchWalt46Dined on 7/4/2014This is a great spot for lunch - we had given up on Saturday night dinners due to expense, rushed service, and crazy-loud noise level. This all changes at lunch, with the crowd thinning out and a lot less noisy. Food is very good and a lot less $$$$Special Features:
- Bad Night?CookieVIPDined on 7/3/2014Well, I'll just say that the food was good....creamed spinach was sent back. tasted as if it were a frozen package, bland and watery...my Sole was tasty, the rice that accompanied it was so undercooked it was inedible, and my husbands Scallops were delish. But the service was horrific......there were literally 3 servers on the floor and it was a very busy Thursday night. The wait was terrible for even a breadbasket. I know that this restaurant is better than what I experienced that evening so I would definitely say to try it...and I will go back, but if its anything like that night...it'll be a last time for sure.Special Features:
- Nice place for a special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2014Went with my wife for a special dinner. A 7:30 reservation turned into a 7:50 seating, and then a long wait for the waiter to take the drink order. Had to request the wine list where in most places it's provided with the menus. After the drinks came, we order some wine and our food everything went well. They have an extensive modern steakhouse type menu. The food was all very good. The setting made for an enjoyable dining experience, although the tables are tightly packed in. The malted milk ball ice cream for desert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.