Mill Pond House
437 East Main Street
Centerport, NY 11721Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mill Pond House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.millpondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6312617663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00-10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andrew Crabtree
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site Catering is available
- Private Party Facilities: Our catering menu can customized to your needs. Please contact either Jared or Jen for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Jared/Jennifer 6312617663x
A word from Mill Pond House
This quaint 100 year old home turned restaurant is the perfect waterfront setting for any occasion. Our outdoor bar, sushi menu, raw bar, award-winning wine list and fine American cuisine are just a few of Mill Pond House's offerings. Come and enjoy brunch pond-side every Saturday and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mill Pond House reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (133)great for outdoor dining (121)special occasion (87)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (41)great for brunch (32)good for groups (31)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (17)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The Mill Pond Inn is a great example of fine dining- great food and service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Always great foodLiketoeatoutDined on 9/23/2014One of the rare places where you get great food and a scenic view. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Special!LoriDined on 9/21/2014The Mill Pond is always good! It always make you feel special.Special Features:
- Mill Pond HouseMattdDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding! We went here for a "belated" anniversary dinner. I made some special requests (seating - champagne etc). The manager and staff were WELL on point with their duties. Amy and Elena were our servers, they did an outstanding job explaining the menu and making sure all our needs were met. Now the food. I had Quinoa stuffed Poblamo pepper, it was well presented and tasted good. I'd spice it up a notch. My wife had California rolls which were chilled perfectly and served with a delicate but tasty dipping sauce and the ubiquitous Wasabi. The Short ribs and Flounder dishes were well presented and prepared.Special Features:
- Great food but noisyBob49Dined on 9/19/2014We've been to the Mill Pond several times and the food never disappoints. Excellent seafood and steaks. Our one mistake was sitting "outside". In the summer, sitting outside is wonderful with the fabulous view, but they had the plastic windows down this last visit (mid-September) and the noise just bounces off the windows. Between that and the active bar, we couldn't carry on a conversation. As we walked back through the main area on the way out we noticed a substantial noise reduction. Go there but sit "inside" if it's not summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Prefer to give my review privately to a manager...Special Features:
- Great as usualMaryAnnVIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is a staple for us and we live 40 minutes away.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Once again the Mill Pond house was a perfect night out. The staff is professional and well trained in the art of making their guests feel as if you are dinning at home.Special Features:
- Great food & ambianceBobfam4Dined on 9/13/2014Heard it was a great place to eat and we were not disappointed. I will come back and try brunch soon.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOioiVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is my family's go to restaurant. Aside from the excellent food, the staff consistently surprises us with their friendliness. Amy is always kind enough to pick us a great bottle of wine. Armando and Mauricio always take excellent care of us. Have never been disappointed here. Thanks for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewrmplVIPDined on 9/12/2014beautiful view, great service,good food.. Can not beat the price fix lunch
- Great RestaurantGustheGreekDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great, from the service & food and pond views. This was our second time there to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The only complaint I have was that it got very warm towards the end of our dinner. It was very crowded due to it being a saturday night, but it was also a humid evening. I'm hoping that their ac unit was cranked up to the max. But overall, it's a great romantic place for lunch or dinner. Highly recommended. The cheesecake was outstanding. You have to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill pondKimster28VIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Mill Pond for the view of the water and the food is excellent! We had the oysters to start very fresh and tasty. Kale salad is perfect dressing is so good. 2lb lobsters stuffed with crab meat are Amazing. My only upsetting moment was when we went to pay. I wanted to use a visa gift card and they would not take it:(. A Visa card is the same thing as a credit card. Excellent restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill PondZoe22Dined on 9/5/2014Very enjoyable dining experience.....food is always delicious.Special Features:
- katieDined on 8/30/2014One of my favorite places in Huntington, my experience this time (and I have been to Mill Pond a lot), was horrible. Service was terrible from waitress not saying hello and going right into order, to waiting for drinks, to not asking if we wanted to take our left over food home. Hope when I go back the experience is like I have known it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerwoobieDined on 8/30/2014My husband & I were looking for a restaurant that we had never been to before by the water. I have always wanted to go to the Mill Pond House, so that's where we wound up. We were able to sit outside, which is under a big awning. It was a very overcast night, but it was still warm. Our daughter came with us, so she & I split a bottle of wine & my husband had beer. The drink selections wr ere very very expensive. We split a cheese platter before our meal which wet enjoyed. I had a shrimp dish for dinner which was good, my husband had a fish & my daughter had pasta. All good, nothing out of this world. We had desset, which also was very good. Overall I would say we enjoyed out night. The service was terrific, not sure I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing night outSourpussVIPDined on 8/29/2014I made an 8:00 reservation, got to the restaurant a few minutes before and I was told it would be a 45 minute wait. The hostess told me they were really busy and there was no way we would be seated earlier. She directed us to the extremely crowded outside bar.We were in finally seated at 9. It took a while for the waitress to come to introduce herself and see if we wanted drinks. After 20 mins, we asked another waiter that was helping her to take our order. She just had a sourpuss on the whole night. She seemed annoyed when we asked her for something too. There are are way too many other restaurants that I'd rather patronize. There's no excuse for rude behavior or snottiness from hostess to waitress.
- Place to go!SadieDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful view even at low tide. If weather is good eat outside on the covered porch. The porch bar is a fun place to meet. It is a great place for both young & old. Try it you 'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placebeachgal24Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went here for our wedding anniversary and we absolutely loved it! We had a really nice table outside over looking the gorgeous view and saw a beautiful sunset. Service was great and everything we ordered from appetizer, main dish to our dessert was fabulous. I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014Food was very good. They have a nice variety on the menu and very good service. The view is beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014I ordered the fish special, Swordfish and Lentels. The fish was overcooked and the Lentels were undercooked. Additionally I ordered one of the featured wines from the wine list and was charged more than the wine list indicated. After bringing it to the waiters attention they corrected the bill. This place is a summer regular for me and my wife but the last two visits were disappointing.
- lovely restauranthungryDined on 8/24/2014This is my third time at Mill Pond Inn. It is a new find for me. I enjoy the beautiful view and the food is top notch. The service is attentive. Sitting outside with a view of the pond is ideal. When the weather is good this is the best place to be. I had lunch twice and the outside was quiet and pleasant. However I went on a Sunday evening and we were not able to sit outside even though I had reserved a table ahead of time online and requested an outside seat since we were celebrating a birthday. There were no seats outside when we arrived and we were told if we waited 30-45 minutes we could sit outside. Later we did go out to see the view and the noise level was pretty high so we were happy we had eaten inside.Special Features:
- expected more-was dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Waited and waited for a waiter until I had to say something. Crab cocktail was good. Veal t-bone was way under cooked-mashed potatoes and vegetables not seasoned- bland.mashed potatoes tasted like instant.first time there, won't returnSpecial Features:
- Outside dining?Liam461VIPDined on 8/23/2014We were very disappointed that our OPEN TABLE reservation did not include reserving an outside table. Which is the whole beauty of the restaurant. ( We were informed outdoor dining had a SEPARATE reservation list ). All in all the meal was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MisslikegoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We have had some very good meals at Mill Pond and some very mediocre meals. Unfortunately this latest was in the mediocre category. They ambiance, décor and noise level were all great. Unfortunately the service was "ok", not commensurate with the prices and the food was also just "ok" this time. One plate was clearly sitting waiting for the other to be cooked and showed up luke warm.Special Features:
- pmeissPaulVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant doesn't disappoint. The outside dining is comfortable, with a noise level that allows normal conversation. The view is great. Service is always attentive but not intrusive. The menu is extensive, and the food spectacular. We have eaten here many times over the years and never had anything but a consistently superior experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrKenDined on 8/17/2014The food and ambiance, as always, was wonderful. However, on this occasion, after requesting a table outdoors, when we arrived we were told that there would be a 45 minute wait. What no one told us, was that there were two parties inside the restaurant and that the only table available was inside in the dark lobby area. My only complaint is that we were not informed that the seating was so limited for our six o'clock reservation. They did try to accommodate us at the outside bar area, where we had our appetizers, which turned out to be ok, and then were seated at the next available table. Beautiful day and beautiful view.Special Features:
- Food great, service not as greatlmfcshDined on 8/16/2014I made reservations at Mill Pond to celebrate our anniversary with friends. I put the info in comments, I mentioned it to the person confirming the reservation. I was told they would do a little special decor on the dessert, write Happy Anniversary in chocolate, add a little sparkle. None of that happened and in fact, the waiter who delivered my sushi appetizer spilled the soy sauce all over my place setting, tablecloth, almost on me. He never apologized, offered to put a fresh napkin over it, asked if the spill hit my clothing, nothing. I was very disappointed no one acknowledged the celebration, not even the wine steward listening as we toasted. Next time I'll think of Capital Grill or Rare650 for a celebration. The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service, View All TopsChailanderDined on 8/16/2014Had been here for dinner and that was great. Needed a place for Brunch / Lunch and wanted to be able to enjoy a lovely summer day; Mill Pond House fit and exceeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014I was really disappointed that there was no offer to wait to get a table w/a view. We arrived 15 min before our reservation (7:30p) and were seated promptly but inside next to the wall next adjacent to the outdoor seating area. Someone came over and asked if we would like a drink etc but never told us his name. The waiter came over and told us the specials were located inside the menu. The food was good but my KLING fish dish needed some seasoning. My wife's grilled tuna was excellent. We also ordered appy's from the special menu which was spinach salad and the fried green tomatoes which were both excellent. We did not order dessert. Valet could use some help...Special Features:
- I love this placeMiamidinerDined on 8/10/2014I visit the area every summer - I had dinner 3 times last week and then Sunday brunch. Absolutely great food and friendly people. Clams and Chorizo appetizer is my recommendation.Special Features:
- HungryMamaDined on 8/9/2014Everything was wonderful with one small blemish...there is a separate seating list for those who want to sit outside which no one told us. We sat inside at the window which was wonderful but we would have liked sitting outside on the water. The food and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentDisappointedDined on 8/8/2014We had a reservation for a birthday dinner and requested an outdoor table well in advance. We got there and there was no table for us. We explained that this was reserved on Open Table and nobody seemed to care. Since we drove for over an hour, we wanted to wait for a table. They said nothing would be available for more than an hour. They said to have a drink at the bar. I asked if that meant they were giving us a drink and the reply was, "no, you want a drink, buy it yourself." NEVER AGAIN
- LuncheonlunchgrammaDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed a great lunch on a beautiful day for dining outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Service was pleasant but very very slow, food in general was good, especially the marinated skirt steak and lobster roll, sushi good, but veal parm was awful, the view was gorgeous .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewthe4ofusVIPDined on 8/4/2014Food and service was wonderful and the view of the water is perfect!Special Features:
- Food 10 - Service 0NativeNYerDined on 7/31/2014View, food and ambiance were wonderful. The waiter (Mauricio) was rude, unprofessional and actually diminished the experience to a great degree. For the first time in decades of dining at Fine Dining restaurants world wide - we requested that another waiter complete our meal service. Blake was wonderful. It seems that (according to previous reviews) that management does not really care about staff attitude - perhaps they think it adds to the "exclusivity" of the room. Actually it causes patrons to seek out other, more cordial places to dine. An email to the owner went unanswered.Special Features:
- Beautiful view!JCMLDined on 7/30/2014Great outdoor dining venue, with a beautiful view. Prixe fixe lunch is a very good value. Portions are large. Deck was crowded and service was not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience2klaysDined on 7/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch/brunch at Mill Pond House. We have never been disappointed there..the setting is lovely and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for datePodocDined on 7/26/2014This was the second time I was here. I took a date here for her birthday. We sat outside on a smaill balcony over looking a lake. Very nice. The food was good although a little expensive.Special Features: