Mill House Brewing Company
289 Mill Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Mill House Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millhousebrewing.com/
- Phone: 8454852739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Daniel Crocco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mill House Brewing Company offers off premise catering for every affair, as well as beverage service with our hand crafted ales. Please inquire for your special event.
A word from Mill House Brewing Company
Mill House Brewing Company is the culmination of years of professional culinary/hospitality experience, expressive design and construction, and craft beer artistry. Located in the rehabilitated Mill House at 289 Mill Street in Historic Poughkeepsie, NY, The Mill House Brewing Company offers a warm, historic, and visually appealing setting; casual, yet professional service, food cooked from as close to the source as possible, and artfully crafted ales. For our team, this means the commitment to the amazing farmers, cheese makers, and other artisans that make the Hudson Valley such an amazing place to live. At Mill House Brewing Company, our philosophy is simple: provide a complete Hudson Valley dining experience, showcasing the regions most delicious offerings of food and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mill House Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Poughkeepsie ›
Mill House Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (77)good for groups (64)vibrant bar scene (62)hot spot (55)great for lunch (39)special occasion (36)late-night find (27)romantic (23)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (19)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- first timersJoefishDined on 10/12/2014found out about this restaurant through my son . made reservation online and were seated promptly upon arriving right on time. service was excellent even though the restaurant was quite busy. the buffalo fried oysters and buffalo brussel sprouts were excellent. also had the Albany ale which was brewed from a 100 year old recipe was also very good. . on the whole had a very pleasant experience and can't wait to return to try something different.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantEvelynDined on 10/11/2014The food and service great! We had six o'clock reservations and we were seated right away and the waitress walked right over for drink orders and handed us menus! I would definitely recommend this place for dinner with your other half or a group! I had the sushi grade ahi tuna & pork belly on forbidden black rice and it was fantastic, my husband had one of the specials and the pork was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- always a good time herejg517984Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food, great beer and a relaxing atmosphere. The food is always consistent and they have a lot if different specials. If you have a large group they have party rooms as well. Awesome place, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite RestaurantMAC424Dined on 10/10/2014This is my new favorite spot! Great food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placecandeDined on 10/9/2014We originally went for dinner but the prices lumited us to just beer and apps. Food we had was good and the server we had was quite knowledgeable about the beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first impression...saturdaydinerDined on 10/4/2014our first visit...expected more considering our children raved about it. Food selection was hard to pick from as it didnt offer what I was looking for. My husband had the "kielbasa" which wasnt kielbasa at all....very little saurekraut and portion was small. Not sure we'll be back...we sat upstairs which brought in a very large, loud party...made it difficult to talk.Special Features:
- The food was good but....Ladiesluv2lunchDined on 10/4/2014Reservations made 1 month prior for a small luncheon/baby shower occasion (mama-to-be recommended the place not knowing it was in her honor). We were seated at the far end of the bar area at a raised, "bar" type table, not very comfortable. We commented as we were seated about this but it fell on deaf ears. The appetizers came out minutes before our entrees so we ran out of room on the table. We were not asked if we wanted more water or another beverage (had to flag someone down & even then it took too long), used dishes were not removed timely or at all (we actually put some on the bar) and dessert was not offered. We were left feeling somewhat neglected. A shame because the food was quite good (albeit pricey, $16 for a Ruben!?).Special Features:
- upscale pubNYJayhawkDined on 10/1/2014Did not see the upstairs, but the building is beautiful. That said, the brick interior means the noise level is pretty high. 5 of us were pretty crowded in a table but any smaller (or perhaps larger) group would be fine. Great bear choices, though seemingly lacking wheat beer and stout. Food was good, typical pub fare with emphasis on sausages. Food choices clearly meant to get you to drink more beer ! Service was fine but strangely felt was being "up-sold" as much as possible.Special Features:
- Food/price a problemPackerBackerDined on 9/29/20142 for lunch: 2 soups, 2 salads, 1 iced tea, 2 coffees. $42 FOR LUNCH so w/tip was $25/pp. The food had better be great for that price. It wasn't. Only one soup offered, Ale + Cheese, very thin, watery. I'm from WI so there are far better cheese soup recipes. Prior visits I've ordered sandwiches but substantially heavy bread. This time I had a salad, mesclun greens w/a few grape tomatoes. I added gorgonzola, an extra $3. This was a quiet Monday lunch. 4-7pm can be pretty loud (but fun). Comfy booths, great bar/happy hour/atmosphere/decor/beer offerings. This is my 5th visit for food, consistently been disappointing/expensive. I want this place to succeed but they need to review their menu/pricing for lunch/bistro crowd.Special Features:
- Mill HouseMikeDined on 9/28/2014Love coming here, if an in-house beer is out, they bring in another locally brewed beer from the Hudson Valley. Mill House is usually very busy, always a good idea to call ahead and make a reservation.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRobearDined on 9/28/2014Food and service are very good............................I will go again!Special Features:
- what a great findChrisDined on 9/28/2014everything about the experience was fantastic. The food is unique and tasty, and the beer was excellent. I would recommend this for both families and young individuals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at a Great PriceOuttoeatDined on 9/27/2014We came up from Long Island for Family Weekend at Marist. We found Mill House Brewing through the Internet and saw the many positive reviews. The restaurant did not disappoint! The food was awesome and so was the ambiance. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little DisappointedLibraryGalDined on 9/26/2014Menu options were a bit limited. Service was slow - long wait for initial drink order. Then they brought entrees - at the same time that we were still eating our appetizers. Beers were very good as were the Beef Skewers and Spinach salad. Ribs were over sauced and cold. Kimchi brat was also cold. Mushroom fettuccini was a bit bland but at least served warm. Would try again for drinks and appetizers not sure it lives up to it's hype though. Nice looking place. Servers were very pleasant.Special Features:
- Amazing Beer, Food, and ServiceBN23Dined on 9/21/2014I had my mother's surprise birthday party here last weekend, and it went off without a hitch. Amazing food, beer, and service in a great atmosphere. Perfect location for our party of 9, and making the reservation and catering to my request about keeping the party a secret at my arrival went flawlessly.Special Features:
- It ain't just beer.....lambworksDined on 9/20/2014If you're looking for an eclectic menu, delicious food, and a fun atmosphere this is the place for you! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Definitely make a reservation if you're going on a Saturday night. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time and they were able to seat us. The service was a little slow to start but that's understandable as we were early. Food was delish, drinks were great. We would definitely go again!Special Features:
- AceDiningwithexsDined on 9/19/2014This place is an absolute favorite. Great drinks, great beer, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The Mill House Brewing Company has been a good addition to downtown Poughkeepsie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than Beer & Brats!BobbyVIPDined on 9/6/2014We wanted early Saturday dinner in Poughkeepsie and so booked a 4pm reservation. It wasn't busy when we walked in, but it was packed in an hour and we were so glad to be sitting in our half-circle booth! We filled up primarily on meat options, but there are fish and vegetarian choices on the menu. We downed flights of micro-brew samplers and wished we could have remained at our table for a few more hours! More than Beer & Brats, the sausage and beverage selections are so broad that one visit fairly begs for another. Carol W was our cheerful and efficient waitress. Set in a charming old brick building with some modern enhancements, offering plentiful parking and food and some patio tables, we highly recommend this fun and casual restaurant.Special Features:
- Great findSeguraliDined on 8/30/2014My husband and were in town for the long weekend and looking for a lunch spot. The food was amazing, the service was outstanding, and the beer was delish. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for a sausage and beer jointFrequentRestaurantDinerDined on 8/29/2014Pricey for the menu and location but a cool place. Small serving sizes. Had the fried oysters app-a little undercooked. Entrees we had included $16 for a good but very small serving of kielbasa and $28 for a very fatty short rib special. Food was ok-nothing to rave about. Good beer menu. Getting served was slow (it was crowded), yet then they were bussing our table while we were still eating. Desserts were $7 (fine) and kids meals $12 (ridiculous).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brew Pub with good foodVassarGradDined on 8/27/2014Mill House Brewing Company presents an impressive list of beers, which were cheerfully described by our waitress. My table mates enjoyed their beers, and my cocktail was quite tasty, as well. Food was well prepared, came out incredibly quickly, and portions were quite generous. Everyone loved their food--pizzas and pulled pork sandwiches, accompanied by home made kettle chips. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great house brewed beer & foodBrady1Dined on 8/23/2014This brew house opened in November 2013 and we just discovered it. Celebrated our son's birthday and had a great meal with house-brewed beer that was delicious! Upstairs is too noisy for conversation -- needs something to absorb the wood, brick & beams, but the downstairs and outside patio worked well. Great service, too. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemSuevDined on 8/23/2014Have to say that driving there I was scared but once we pulled up best decision. We had a great time waitress was great drinks were great. Popcorn was odd but totally worth it. We had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mdrsDined on 8/23/2014Had nice service, didn't quite understand the greeting at the front entry. We were a early (20 minutes or so) and we were told we would get seated at the time of our reservation despite the fact that the table we were seated at eventually and every table around it were all empty. I guess don't be early must be the message being conveyed by the desk, not the friendliest.. We had a great server, very efficient and friendly. Food was ok, the drip from the ceiling on the floor next to the table was not such a nice addition to the dinner and the staff did their best to keep it mopped up and safe. Not the best dinner we've had here.Special Features:
- Need reservationsDCfoodsDined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious and the service was unbelievable. Really personal service from Ryan Cox. He gave us some great suggestions and was right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good beer and foodTomDonnaDined on 8/14/2014It's rare to find a brewpub that has good craft beer and great food. This place does for sure !Special Features:
- Mill House Brewing Co.hikingx2Dined on 8/10/2014Thank you for a great meal and friendly atmosphere, we'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date nightluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014We loved the food, ambience and drinks at Millhouse. We are already planning our next visit with our children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MPJPDined on 8/8/2014We were very pleased with all of the food. We had appetizers (fries with rib gravy and jalepeno and the cheese soup), dinner (the kielbasa and a pork burger), and dessert (chocolate cake and the sugar cake). The beer is good an it was nice to sample them. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribs in Po'keepsieChinaVIPDined on 8/7/2014On the road and looking for a great place to eat? If you like ribs and beer, we can heartily recommend Mill House Brewing Company. Other menu items are good, too, at this casual well-run dining spot. On a Thursday night in August, it was packed. Very popular. Once the area colleges are back in session, you really must need a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a young crowdpensionersDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I went after a long drive. Foodwas good for bar food. Beer was interesting.Special Features:
- Interesting menu choiceshappy2guysDined on 8/3/2014Bright friendly place to enjoy meals that are not just rehashes of other restaurant foods. The 'sausage' items on the menu are delicious and presented well. Beers on tap, especially the rotating locals are perfect for true beer lovers.Special Features:
- Great BeerMrandMrsTVIPDined on 7/31/2014Mill House Brewing lived up to its name with great beer. I ordered a flight of beer. Our waiter fully explained each one. We dined on several appetizers--all very good--and shared a special ice cream dessert.. The service was prompt and friendly. We were definitely the oldest people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner last day of vacation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Great food, great menu and the beer was up too par as well. Wish I didn't live so far away would love to go back but I guess I have to wait till next year. Show some love to this place in Poughkeepsie you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Microbrewery for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I love microbreweries but never had any with such delicious food (the "sea and swine" was outstanding). The menu had the touch of new intrepretations of "classic" stuff. Trendy place without being only for hipsters, but for regular folks, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLBMaxDined on 7/26/2014Went for walk over the Hudson but rain shortend that so let's eat. Mill House Brewing was great. close, inviting and delicious loved the stout and the beer milkshake perfect with dessert I want to go back again and again !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fav place to eatJaxsmith21Dined on 7/23/2014It's been awhile since Poughkeepsie had a great unique place to eat and hang with friend, we go at least once a month....love itSpecial Features:
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Three of us dined and we all feel like we were being rushed. The third entrée was brought about seven minutes after the first two, and it appeared to have been "nuked".Special Features: