Mill House Brewing Company
289 Mill Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Mill House Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millhousebrewing.com/
- Phone: 8454852739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Daniel Crocco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mill House Brewing Company offers off premise catering for every affair, as well as beverage service with our hand crafted ales. Please inquire for your special event.
A word from Mill House Brewing Company
Mill House Brewing Company is the culmination of years of professional culinary/hospitality experience, expressive design and construction, and craft beer artistry. Located in the rehabilitated Mill House at 289 Mill Street in Historic Poughkeepsie, NY, The Mill House Brewing Company offers a warm, historic, and visually appealing setting; casual, yet professional service, food cooked from as close to the source as possible, and artfully crafted ales. For our team, this means the commitment to the amazing farmers, cheese makers, and other artisans that make the Hudson Valley such an amazing place to live. At Mill House Brewing Company, our philosophy is simple: provide a complete Hudson Valley dining experience, showcasing the regions most delicious offerings of food and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mill House Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Poughkeepsie ›
Mill House Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (68)vibrant bar scene (60)good for groups (54)hot spot (47)special occasion (43)great for lunch (42)late-night find (27)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (11)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- More than Beer & Brats!BobbyVIPDined on 9/6/2014We wanted early Saturday dinner in Poughkeepsie and so booked a 4pm reservation. It wasn't busy when we walked in, but it was packed in an hour and we were so glad to be sitting in our half-circle booth! We filled up primarily on meat options, but there are fish and vegetarian choices on the menu. We downed flights of micro-brew samplers and wished we could have remained at our table for a few more hours! More than Beer & Brats, the sausage and beverage selections are so broad that one visit fairly begs for another. Carol W was our cheerful and efficient waitress. Set in a charming old brick building with some modern enhancements, offering plentiful parking and food and some patio tables, we highly recommend this fun and casual restaurant.Special Features:
- Great findSeguraliDined on 8/30/2014My husband and were in town for the long weekend and looking for a lunch spot. The food was amazing, the service was outstanding, and the beer was delish. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for a sausage and beer jointFrequentRestaurantDinerDined on 8/29/2014Pricey for the menu and location but a cool place. Small serving sizes. Had the fried oysters app-a little undercooked. Entrees we had included $16 for a good but very small serving of kielbasa and $28 for a very fatty short rib special. Food was ok-nothing to rave about. Good beer menu. Getting served was slow (it was crowded), yet then they were bussing our table while we were still eating. Desserts were $7 (fine) and kids meals $12 (ridiculous).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brew Pub with good foodVassarGradDined on 8/27/2014Mill House Brewing Company presents an impressive list of beers, which were cheerfully described by our waitress. My table mates enjoyed their beers, and my cocktail was quite tasty, as well. Food was well prepared, came out incredibly quickly, and portions were quite generous. Everyone loved their food--pizzas and pulled pork sandwiches, accompanied by home made kettle chips. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great house brewed beer & foodBrady1Dined on 8/23/2014This brew house opened in November 2013 and we just discovered it. Celebrated our son's birthday and had a great meal with house-brewed beer that was delicious! Upstairs is too noisy for conversation -- needs something to absorb the wood, brick & beams, but the downstairs and outside patio worked well. Great service, too. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemSuevDined on 8/23/2014Have to say that driving there I was scared but once we pulled up best decision. We had a great time waitress was great drinks were great. Popcorn was odd but totally worth it. We had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mdrsDined on 8/23/2014Had nice service, didn't quite understand the greeting at the front entry. We were a early (20 minutes or so) and we were told we would get seated at the time of our reservation despite the fact that the table we were seated at eventually and every table around it were all empty. I guess don't be early must be the message being conveyed by the desk, not the friendliest.. We had a great server, very efficient and friendly. Food was ok, the drip from the ceiling on the floor next to the table was not such a nice addition to the dinner and the staff did their best to keep it mopped up and safe. Not the best dinner we've had here.Special Features:
- Need reservationsDCfoodsDined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious and the service was unbelievable. Really personal service from Ryan Cox. He gave us some great suggestions and was right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good beer and foodTomDonnaDined on 8/14/2014It's rare to find a brewpub that has good craft beer and great food. This place does for sure !Special Features:
- Mill House Brewing Co.hikingx2Dined on 8/10/2014Thank you for a great meal and friendly atmosphere, we'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date nightluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014We loved the food, ambience and drinks at Millhouse. We are already planning our next visit with our children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MPJPDined on 8/8/2014We were very pleased with all of the food. We had appetizers (fries with rib gravy and jalepeno and the cheese soup), dinner (the kielbasa and a pork burger), and dessert (chocolate cake and the sugar cake). The beer is good an it was nice to sample them. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribs in Po'keepsieChinaVIPDined on 8/7/2014On the road and looking for a great place to eat? If you like ribs and beer, we can heartily recommend Mill House Brewing Company. Other menu items are good, too, at this casual well-run dining spot. On a Thursday night in August, it was packed. Very popular. Once the area colleges are back in session, you really must need a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a young crowdpensionersDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I went after a long drive. Foodwas good for bar food. Beer was interesting.Special Features:
- Interesting menu choiceshappy2guysDined on 8/3/2014Bright friendly place to enjoy meals that are not just rehashes of other restaurant foods. The 'sausage' items on the menu are delicious and presented well. Beers on tap, especially the rotating locals are perfect for true beer lovers.Special Features:
- Great BeerMrandMrsTVIPDined on 7/31/2014Mill House Brewing lived up to its name with great beer. I ordered a flight of beer. Our waiter fully explained each one. We dined on several appetizers--all very good--and shared a special ice cream dessert.. The service was prompt and friendly. We were definitely the oldest people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner last day of vacation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Great food, great menu and the beer was up too par as well. Wish I didn't live so far away would love to go back but I guess I have to wait till next year. Show some love to this place in Poughkeepsie you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Microbrewery for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I love microbreweries but never had any with such delicious food (the "sea and swine" was outstanding). The menu had the touch of new intrepretations of "classic" stuff. Trendy place without being only for hipsters, but for regular folks, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLBMaxDined on 7/26/2014Went for walk over the Hudson but rain shortend that so let's eat. Mill House Brewing was great. close, inviting and delicious loved the stout and the beer milkshake perfect with dessert I want to go back again and again !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fav place to eatJaxsmith21Dined on 7/23/2014It's been awhile since Poughkeepsie had a great unique place to eat and hang with friend, we go at least once a month....love itSpecial Features:
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Three of us dined and we all feel like we were being rushed. The third entrée was brought about seven minutes after the first two, and it appeared to have been "nuked".Special Features:
- MoelabDined on 7/19/2014Coming from NYC and not knowing the area,we were greatly surprized here. Great staff, very helpful, knew the menu. The food was wonderful. The baby back ribs fell off the bone. The white pizza was out of the world and the the beer list had a good listing. As for the deserts, we shared the banana cream pie, just wonderful.Special Features:
- piperspipersDined on 7/19/2014This was my 4th time at the Mill House and I was truly disappointed. the previous times we loved it. The food the servers and the atmosphere. this time was completely different! I requested to eat on the main floor when I made my reservation. When we arrived they put us on the third floor and it was horrible. It was hot and the sun was coming through the windows and there was no shades. The waitress was hurried and unfriendly. The food came out miss timed. We had a party of six adults and she brought out dinners when we were still eating appetizers. Also there was little kids running all around during our meal which would have been fine if we had ,had kids but we just wanted a nice time out without the kids
- New favorite go to brewpub!LovebrewpubsDined on 7/19/2014First the ambience hits you, then the beer hits you, and then the food - oh! the food! This is a beautiful building which makes you feel comfortable. Their variety of beer is wonderful! Unique menu which never fails. Then there is dessert! Yum! This is our new "go to" restaurant to relax on a weekend night.Special Features:
- loud with warm watergoofynyDined on 7/18/2014This was my second time here and nothing like the first. We were on the third floor with only about 30 people (not in our party). It was so loud we had to yell to be heard. We were all given extremely warm glasses of water with no ice. The red wine was so warm. The food was ok...The pizza and kielbasa was good but the salmon was not cooked to the requested medium rare and the potato gratin was cold and not very good.
- 33rd anniversarychimasterDined on 7/18/2014My son and fiance treated me to Father's Day at the Mill House. It was indeed a treat. Food and beer were top shelf. We had such a great time that I brought my wife for our anniversary after reservations at another establishment fell through. My wife and I had a fantastic time. The bourbon cocktails were very tasty and refreshing, perfectly balanced. Food was original and delicious The Mill House Brewing Company is a keeper and even though its a bit of a drive for us , we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be bettertexasDined on 7/12/2014Service, specifically bar service is slow. menu is rather eclectic- very few Gluten Free/Dairy Free options. Hot spot for young adults who get rather exuberant, and that leads to a lack of a nice dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food..but hurry up and waitMichCDined on 7/12/2014First and foremost...The food was excellent. The choices were plentiful and all sounded wonderful. The beer was also excellent. We decided on two appetizers and the charcuterie "antipasta" platter, before our entrees. In most fine dining establishments we are accustomed to enjoying the appetizers and charcurerie platter separately, to fully enjoy the different tastes and in order to enjoy hot appetizers hot. They were both presented together, which also could have been OK. As a hungry family, we don't require a long time to devour good food. Unfortunately, however, we were only half way done with the apps and charcuterie....when our dinner arrived. Then when we were done, we had to wait anyway because of a problem with the computer system.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBrie248Dined on 7/11/2014Millhouse Brewery has an excellent array of beer and wine including an impeccable choice of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menu, Poor ServiceEdwardVIPDined on 7/7/2014First time at MHBC. The service was not good (trying not to say terrible). Waited 20 minutes for water, another 15 for menus, and another 15 or so for drinks. Was there almost an hour before ordering food. Three waiters walked by us, waved at us, asked how we were but provided no service (eg. they would ask how we were, would respond that we would like drinks, the server would walk away and not return). Very odd. The menu is very interesting with lots of different sausages (made on site), beers and pizzas. Had the lamb appetizer, "fig and pig" pizza, kielbasa, and chocolate cake dessert. All were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!cmbla13Dined on 7/6/2014Highly recommended from a couple of family members so we gave it a shot. The restaurant seems misplaced in Poughkeepsie but aside from that no major complaints. It also doesn't seem favorable for kids- no kids placemats to color or anything like that. The food was great and the service was fast! We had the soft pretzels, and deviled eggs to start. The kids had kids cheeseburger ($12) and chicken fingers ($12) good food but def overpriced by $6 each. My wife had the American burger and I had the porky burger based on the waiters strong recommendations. He nailed it! We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Would Absolutely Come Back!aw168303VIPDined on 7/5/2014My wife, parents and I came up to Poughkeepsie for the weekend. We ate at Mill House Brewing Company and absolutely loved it. The food was spectacular, the desserts were sweet and savory, and the drinks were unbelievable. I had the best dark and stormy that I ever had at this restaurant. If I am back in the area we will absolutely come back.Special Features:
- Fun settingdebbienyDined on 6/28/2014Dined here for my son's graduation celebration. There were nine of us, and the waitstaff was top notch. Very friendly, helpful and great with kids. Menu was a little limited, but served our purposes. Would return.Special Features:
- Great!BeerloversDined on 6/27/2014Both the beer and food selection is excellent. Everyone in our party enjoyed every bite, even the kids. The restaurant is clean and the wait staff friendly and efficient. We had a great experience and look forward to our next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brewpub foodTomDonnaDined on 6/21/2014Lots of brewpubs have good beer but the food typically is mediocre. But Mill House Brewing has great beer and great food. Wide range of food choices for all appetites.Special Features:
- Consistently good!Gemini668Dined on 6/20/2014Whether it is a special or a menu standard, the food is always excellent! The wait staff is very attentive and generally knowledgeable about the menu and the beer.Special Features:
- JUICEDined on 6/19/2014First time experience there. Fantastic! food choices & specials were outstanding. Will definitely come bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energeticfooed4lifeDined on 6/16/2014What a gem! We had a big group and arrived late, in fact the kitchen was closing. As we had a reservation, the wonderful staff held the kitchen for us and we had a spectacular dinner. A very energetic and fun environment. A great food selection and the beer amazing. we had a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Quality Brews, Creative ChefBeerFoodie38Dined on 6/15/2014To be honest,I petitioned my family to visit so that I could sample the beer! Good variety in the Flight and they were actually at the right temperatures. The Dining Room menu is more high-end than the usual "pub grub" (although they have some intriguing items on the Pub Menu downstairs). If you happen to love good, local, beer and creative cuisine you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice diiner!thillfarm1Dined on 6/14/2014The service was wonderful and the food was absolutely delicious! We were seated right away and our waiter was very friendly and professional. This place is really going to do well in our opinion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.