Mill House Brewing Company
289 Mill Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Mill House Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millhousebrewing.com/
- Phone: (845) 485-2739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Daniel Crocco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mill House Brewing Company offers off premise catering for every affair, as well as beverage service with our hand crafted ales. Please inquire for your special event.
A word from Mill House Brewing Company
Mill House Brewing Company is the culmination of years of professional culinary/hospitality experience, expressive design and construction, and craft beer artistry. Located in the rehabilitated Mill House at 289 Mill Street in Historic Poughkeepsie, NY, The Mill House Brewing Company offers a warm, historic, and visually appealing setting; casual, yet professional service, food cooked from as close to the source as possible, and artfully crafted ales. For our team, this means the commitment to the amazing farmers, cheese makers, and other artisans that make the Hudson Valley such an amazing place to live. At Mill House Brewing Company, our philosophy is simple: provide a complete Hudson Valley dining experience, showcasing the regions most delicious offerings of food and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mill House Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Poughkeepsie ›
Mill House Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (83)vibrant bar scene (74)good for groups (71)hot spot (71)great for lunch (43)special occasion (38)romantic (22)late-night find (22)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (19)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great dinner with out-of-town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014My husband and I took some guests from Missouri to have dinner and drinks. It was a lovely night. We were able to spend as much time as we needed choosing beer and flights. The appetizers were huge and delicious and the meals were also nicely portioned and very tasty. The food came out very fast but we weren't rushed at any point. The server had great beer and food suggestions and answered all of our questions. The décor is a nice combination of modern and cozy. Every staff member we came across was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDarrylDined on 11/17/2014Great service, great food and outstanding ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoeRayMeDined on 11/15/2014The sausage and tomato pizza was amazing. They make their own sausage and we can't wait to go back and try more. The pumpkin ale was very tasty. Service was excellent, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative food at a happening placeMrocVIPDined on 11/14/2014Had a fun Friday night meal at this welcoming newcomer. Oyster sliders fantastic and appetizers reads like a fab tapas menu. Service friendly despite the fri nite crowd. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningPatriciaDined on 11/14/2014First time at Millhouse. Great food and atmosphere. Fellow diners provided great recommendations. We all enjoyed our dishes and the standouts were the meatloaf sandwich special, white pizza special and the kielbasa and perogi appetizers. Beer selection was great. Fun and tasty night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014overall experience was very good. service was excellent and helpful. Our sever Loren was very knowledgeable and very pleasant. only thing wrong entree was not seasoned well enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomedbweldDined on 11/13/2014My 17 year old daughter and I loved the Millhouse. We enjoyed the ambience, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great beers!MarielDined on 11/13/2014We had a wonderful time during restaurant week for lunch. The food was good, awesome beer and excellent service. Definitely coming back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerdboyDined on 11/8/2014I came to Poughkeepsie to celebrate my birthday with my children, who are students at Marist. Mill House was the perfect choice. The food and drinks were very good and the atmosphere was lively without being overly noisy. Jeremy (and the rest of the folks working our table) made the evening complete with their excellent service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- microbrewery08087Dined on 11/6/2014Nice place. Offers many varieties of beèr.booths are set up in a friend group. Open bar area. Good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseNYtablehopperVIPDined on 11/5/2014I have been to quite a few brew pubs and wasn't sure what to expect from a restaurant called a 'brewing company'. I decided to give it a try based on other reviews which described it as "romantic" and "fit for foodies". It was all that. Our waiter was attentive but not at all intrusive. Our table was a semi-circular, high upholstered booth which was very private. The food was delicious. As you would imagine there is an extensive beer list which my son appreciated. I did not care for the Chardonnay and I think there was only one to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill House rocks!RandADined on 11/1/2014I took my husband here for a birthday lunch and we had a fantastic time. Attentive and friendly service without being overwhelming/intrusive, delicious food and a great selection of wines at very reasonable prices made this a great spot - only wish we could have stayed a bit longer! Would definitely recommend to friends and family visiting Poughkeepsie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodFjdjrVIPDined on 10/31/2014We go here quite often, the fresh beer is always great, something for everyone. Wait staff is really good here. I ordered a steak which came out rare instead of medium rare as I had requested. I sent it back and it came back to the table pretty quickly, now done to perfection. The Mac n Cheese that came with it is amazing, made with Pimento cheese and Cheddar, great comfort food. This place is always busy on weekends so make sure to call a few days ahead to get a reservation.Special Features:
- enjoyeddcamwlshDined on 10/26/2014Took five women to a brewery-three were from Germany and one from Romania-all liked it very much. The Albany ale was very good as were the lamb ribs and kale salad. The brussel sprouts were fantastic. It looks like an old brewery inside and our waitress was very attentive. One of the best breweries I've ever been to and a great place to stop in after the Walkway over the Hudson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great beer & food menus - love the atmosphere. Ate upstairs which is really nice but a bit noisy on a Saturday night when it was crowded. next time will try sitting in the bar area and ordering for the bar bites menu which looks great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Loved it! My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd Anniversary and everything was perfect! He loves beer and everything was on point and perfect! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotGactDined on 10/24/2014Great set up with good service, tasty mix of food (the pork infused burger was delicious) and beer.Special Features:
- Love the ambienceLovebrewpubsDined on 10/24/2014As always, wonderful food specials! This is our new "go to" place. When we can't decide where to go for dinner this is where we end up going. Always intrigued by the specials.Special Features:
- Lively atmosphere, great foodPerryPateticVIPDined on 10/23/2014A cut above the usual brew-pub, with a hopping bar scene, great house-made sausages and other interesting dishes, friendly staff, welcoming widely-spaced tables on multiple levels. Wait-staff knowledgeable about the different kinds of beers, as well as details and nuances regarding the offered meals. I was glad to find it on a business trip to Poughkeepsie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but NoisyDonnaDLDined on 10/22/2014We were there on a Thursday night. The food, atmosphere and décor was great. Our server was amazing. Noise was deafening. They would do well to put up acoustical panels or at least curtains on the windows - both would help mitigate the noise.Special Features:
- Outstanding!tsquare412Dined on 10/19/2014By far the best meal that we have had out in a long time! We have been to the bar before for a sampler and my husband had been for a great lunch. This was our first dinner and it was fantastic. Polite staff and food that was to die for. The only thing we didn't like was we felt we were to closely seated to other patrons. We were at a table for 2 and it was a little cramped. The building renovations they did were great - very appealing and warm. We did not have the opportunity to visit upstairs or outside dining- that will be in our future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!!luv2dineinDutchessCtyDined on 10/19/2014I brought my husband to Mill House for his birthday. It was the first time either of us had been there. I started with the calamari salad as an appetizer. It was delicious and so big it could've easily been a meal. Yum!! I then had the Sea and Swine combo. The tuna and pork belly were kind of an odd combination, but each were delicious, as was the black forbidden rice. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal as well, and we left the restaurant full and content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalRichVIPDined on 10/19/2014Spectacular find in Poughkeepsie with incredible beers brewed on site, thoughtful cocktails, and a menu that is filled with so many great choices, we didn't know what to order. Their house made sausages are outstanding. Everything we ate was delicious.Special Features:
- Terrible waterTravelSueDined on 10/15/2014Do they make beer with that water? May explain a lot. This place is quite popular, but I'm not sure why. The All American burger was 2 McDonalds type patties with processed American cheese food, lettuce, tomato and onion on an unremarkable bun served with shoe string fries. Meh. The Kilt Spinner ale was satisfactory, again not remarkable. Service was ok, not attentive, interesting decor, noise levels terrible,and a very limited menu. Doubt we will be back.Special Features:
- first timersJoefishDined on 10/12/2014found out about this restaurant through my son . made reservation online and were seated promptly upon arriving right on time. service was excellent even though the restaurant was quite busy. the buffalo fried oysters and buffalo brussel sprouts were excellent. also had the Albany ale which was brewed from a 100 year old recipe was also very good. . on the whole had a very pleasant experience and can't wait to return to try something different.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantEvelynDined on 10/11/2014The food and service great! We had six o'clock reservations and we were seated right away and the waitress walked right over for drink orders and handed us menus! I would definitely recommend this place for dinner with your other half or a group! I had the sushi grade ahi tuna & pork belly on forbidden black rice and it was fantastic, my husband had one of the specials and the pork was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- always a good time herejg517984Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food, great beer and a relaxing atmosphere. The food is always consistent and they have a lot if different specials. If you have a large group they have party rooms as well. Awesome place, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite RestaurantMAC424Dined on 10/10/2014This is my new favorite spot! Great food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placecandeDined on 10/9/2014We originally went for dinner but the prices lumited us to just beer and apps. Food we had was good and the server we had was quite knowledgeable about the beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first impression...saturdaydinerDined on 10/4/2014our first visit...expected more considering our children raved about it. Food selection was hard to pick from as it didnt offer what I was looking for. My husband had the "kielbasa" which wasnt kielbasa at all....very little saurekraut and portion was small. Not sure we'll be back...we sat upstairs which brought in a very large, loud party...made it difficult to talk.Special Features:
- The food was good but....Ladiesluv2lunchDined on 10/4/2014Reservations made 1 month prior for a small luncheon/baby shower occasion (mama-to-be recommended the place not knowing it was in her honor). We were seated at the far end of the bar area at a raised, "bar" type table, not very comfortable. We commented as we were seated about this but it fell on deaf ears. The appetizers came out minutes before our entrees so we ran out of room on the table. We were not asked if we wanted more water or another beverage (had to flag someone down & even then it took too long), used dishes were not removed timely or at all (we actually put some on the bar) and dessert was not offered. We were left feeling somewhat neglected. A shame because the food was quite good (albeit pricey, $16 for a Ruben!?).Special Features:
- upscale pubNYJayhawkDined on 10/1/2014Did not see the upstairs, but the building is beautiful. That said, the brick interior means the noise level is pretty high. 5 of us were pretty crowded in a table but any smaller (or perhaps larger) group would be fine. Great bear choices, though seemingly lacking wheat beer and stout. Food was good, typical pub fare with emphasis on sausages. Food choices clearly meant to get you to drink more beer ! Service was fine but strangely felt was being "up-sold" as much as possible.Special Features:
- Food/price a problemPackerBackerDined on 9/29/20142 for lunch: 2 soups, 2 salads, 1 iced tea, 2 coffees. $42 FOR LUNCH so w/tip was $25/pp. The food had better be great for that price. It wasn't. Only one soup offered, Ale + Cheese, very thin, watery. I'm from WI so there are far better cheese soup recipes. Prior visits I've ordered sandwiches but substantially heavy bread. This time I had a salad, mesclun greens w/a few grape tomatoes. I added gorgonzola, an extra $3. This was a quiet Monday lunch. 4-7pm can be pretty loud (but fun). Comfy booths, great bar/happy hour/atmosphere/decor/beer offerings. This is my 5th visit for food, consistently been disappointing/expensive. I want this place to succeed but they need to review their menu/pricing for lunch/bistro crowd.Special Features:
- Mill HouseMikeDined on 9/28/2014Love coming here, if an in-house beer is out, they bring in another locally brewed beer from the Hudson Valley. Mill House is usually very busy, always a good idea to call ahead and make a reservation.Special Features:
- Consistently goodRobearDined on 9/28/2014Food and service are very good............................I will go again!Special Features:
- what a great findChrisDined on 9/28/2014everything about the experience was fantastic. The food is unique and tasty, and the beer was excellent. I would recommend this for both families and young individuals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at a Great PriceOuttoeatDined on 9/27/2014We came up from Long Island for Family Weekend at Marist. We found Mill House Brewing through the Internet and saw the many positive reviews. The restaurant did not disappoint! The food was awesome and so was the ambiance. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little DisappointedLibraryGalDined on 9/26/2014Menu options were a bit limited. Service was slow - long wait for initial drink order. Then they brought entrees - at the same time that we were still eating our appetizers. Beers were very good as were the Beef Skewers and Spinach salad. Ribs were over sauced and cold. Kimchi brat was also cold. Mushroom fettuccini was a bit bland but at least served warm. Would try again for drinks and appetizers not sure it lives up to it's hype though. Nice looking place. Servers were very pleasant.Special Features:
- Amazing Beer, Food, and ServiceBN23Dined on 9/21/2014I had my mother's surprise birthday party here last weekend, and it went off without a hitch. Amazing food, beer, and service in a great atmosphere. Perfect location for our party of 9, and making the reservation and catering to my request about keeping the party a secret at my arrival went flawlessly.Special Features:
- It ain't just beer.....lambworksDined on 9/20/2014If you're looking for an eclectic menu, delicious food, and a fun atmosphere this is the place for you! Can't wait to go back!Special Features: