Mill Creek Tavern
275 Bayville Ave
Bayville, NY 11709Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mill Creek Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millcreekny.com/
- Phone: 5164437351
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julio Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Catering: Speak to our catering manager about off-premise catering. To-go trays and party platters available.
A word from Mill Creek Tavern
Mill Creek Tavern is a cozy and warm neighborhood restaurant with big city cuisine, served in an intimate dining room with exquisite menu selections. Start with the Tuscan calamari, onion soup, or a mussel pot. Enjoy entrees like Mim's meat loaf, pecan-crusted sole, or filet mignon. Save room for campfire s'mores or have it all with the dessert sampler.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mill Creek Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)romantic (11)good for groups (9)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Night OutLuvLongIslandDined on 9/27/2014Service was courteous and attentive. Good selection on menu. Food well prepared. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovemyfoodDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere was nice. The food and service were excellent. We had the booth in the front corner and it was very private. My girl and I had a great time there.Special Features:
- Thumbs UP!ThumbsupordownDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time at Mill Creek Tavern. The food, the service and whole experience were positive in every way. I think it's a great restaurant. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Excellent ! A wonder find!funtimesDined on 9/19/2014Loved the food, service and company. I will definately be back . They held our table while we hung out to meet our friends at the bar first ! The server was great ! The band was fabulous that we listened to right after our dinner once we had our after dinner drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mildly disappointingmrskravitzDined on 9/12/2014Im glad we went early for the pris fixe...but even at that price, the food was only mediocre..With the addition of 3 drinks and a cup of coffee the total cost almost doubled. Coffee should be included with dessert. I ended up taking tums when I got home. I expected a better experience.Special Features:
- Great mealDanaCDined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious! The service was friendly and helpful. The prefix is an amazing deal! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Solid Dining ExperienceDrwallDined on 8/31/2014Went on a first date here. Our server was great, but unfortunately had to announce a few things listed on the menu were no longer available (it was a Sunday evening). We both had excellent fish dishes. We were in no hurry and the waiter didn't rush us. I got the feeling of a family-run business. Some large family tables, some booths. It was nice, food was solid, reasonably priced and good portion size. I would go again.Special Features:
- northshoredinerDined on 8/13/2014I am always pleased with my experience here. The servers are excellent. The booths give you a little more privacy than your typical table. And the food is always made to perfection. Tonight's rigatoni and skirt steak was fantastic. Melted bleu cheese and spinach in a mushroom sauce add flavor I can't get enough of. Over all a must try.Special Features:
- Not impressedKMG1Dined on 7/27/2014Went there for the first time and was not impressed. Service was slow. Food was mediocre. Not bad, just not great.
- Always satisfiesbillfroDined on 7/15/2014We have been here now about six times and it never fails to be worth the trip.Special Features:
- Last minute plans50andfineVIPDined on 7/12/2014My friend and I wanted to eat in Bayville but had no reservations. Booked a table at Mill Creek Inn as it was the only table we could get. How lucky for us! We had never eaten here before but will definitely be back. Great food, great service. Our waitress was wonderful and the meal was too. Nice atmosphere and kid friendly. Probably not an ideal date spot but good for dinner with friends. Noise level was low so conversation was easy. The bar area could use some updating but the restaurant space is quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to try this restaurant!foodnutDined on 7/8/2014The food is great, the service is personable and friendly, and all at a good price - especially the prix fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bayville findLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 6/24/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times and have had a good experience each time. The food is good, the portions ample, the table service is good and the ambience is very nice. We were a group of 5 going for an early dinner. We had to leave by a certain time and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Mill Creek Tavern reviews archive.
- A Local GemsoftwareguyDined on 6/21/2014This is a local gem. The grilled fish dishes we had featured well-sized and presented portions of fresh fish. The seafood fra divolo was also a very nice dish. If you are there with children, don't miss the s'mores dessert - it was a real hit. Service is very good and the ambiance is relaxed, local, but leaning upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMikeOBDined on 6/17/2014I have been to Mill creek tavern several times and the food is always consistently good. The prices are decent and the portion sizes are very reasonable. The restaurant also has a small town feel to itSpecial Features:
- Our first timeEllen28VIPDined on 6/7/2014We drove 30 minutes and were very happy to do so. The place was clean. Our waitress Donna was terrific. The food very good. It was a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Charming Local BistroBlytheLadyDined on 5/31/2014Nicely appointed, a touch rustic but refined, this Tavern is the perfect choice for a casual meal with family or friends. The food was tasty and well prepared, the wine selection was modest but considered and the service was congenial and professional. In all, this is the kind of restaurant that locals love to turn to when the hot spots are overrun or the diners are in the mood for a more pleasant, low key experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular...MerceDined on 5/17/2014Food.service..ambiance...all first class...watch out for kids though in large back room on a sat eve...Special Features:
- Very tasty food and great serviceJG14Dined on 5/11/2014Had the mussels and lobster bisque and rigatoni. Delicious all around. I'm definitely coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Mill Creek Tavern gives you a warm cozy feeling when you walk in the door. It is a small restaurant and the food was superb. We went for Long Island Restaurant Week and had the filet and shrimp combination. The filet was the best, most tender steak I have ever eaten and cooked to perfection. My wife had the short ribs which melted in her mouth. The portions were not huge. Caesar salad and lobster bisque appetizers were also very good. We both had the apple crisp with ice cream for dessert. Service was very attentive. There is a real fireplace in the restaurant. We have eaten there several times and will continue to go in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capcanDined on 5/2/2014Really enjoyed this friendly place. Service was great; there were plenty of employees. The food was very well prepared and delicious. Will be back.Special Features:
- Hidden GemMartyDined on 4/30/2014Had my birthday dinner here and it was great. Food was excellent. Service top notch. Owner even stopped by to check in. Would defiantly come again.Special Features:
- Mill Creek Tavern ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Really enjoyed the food, service and ambiance that the Mill Creek Tavern provided. I chose this reaturante for my mothers 61st birthday dinner solely based on the face that we have pretty much exhausted every south shore establishment. We decided to try something new and head to the north shore and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was absolutely fabolous and the menu was perfect for us. A great mix of chops, seafood and homemade classics. We tend to be pretty simple when it comes to food and Mill Creek was exactly what we were looking for. Great food, quaint atmosphere and even better people. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden neighborhood gemk2p1965VIPDined on 4/6/2014This was our 1st time at the Mill Creek Tavern, found a groupon and they got good reviews on Open Table so thought we would try it as we were in the area visiting colleges for my daughter. Have to say we were all extremely pleased with our meal. We all got steak which was cooked perfectly and the filet was very tender as it should be! Would have expected this type of steak in a good steakhouse( and it included two sides, which you would have to usually pay extra for in the fancier restaurants!) Service was good and we even saved room for dessert which we shared and all enjoyed. Would definately go back and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good steak at a good price.Special Features:
- Restaurant staff looked confused.NYGUYDined on 3/15/2014Restaurant staff looked confused. Waitresses running through the restaurant does not make sitting there enjoyable. It was only 6:30pm and the restaurant was 25% full. The owner dressed in a faded shirt & jeans rushing around and the hostess was overweight wearing a faded blouse. This is the first impression upon entering this restaurant. Entrees were 30.00 to 35.00 so one would expect a more professional staff. Busboys pulling plates off the table while others in our party were still eating. We felt like we were being rushed to finish eating like we were in a diner. With the food costs, this should have been a place to sit and enjoy a comfortable meal. The food however was good which made up for the downfalls.
- A step above sister restaurantKaptbobDined on 3/7/2014I am a Mim's regular (same owner) and thought I would try Mill Creek Tavern for a change. Food was a notch above what I have experienced at Mim's, except tor the Caesar salad. It appeared to be prepared way in advance as the lettuce was old and the dressing was virtually tasteless. However, our server, Vanessa, was so sweet and helpful that I didn't have the heart to send it back! The main dishes were good, and overall it was a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2014We ate at Mill Creek early on a Saturday night and were pleased to see that the prixe-fix menu was available. We each got a 3 course meal. Starters of mussels and lobster bisque were excellent. Our entrees, Milanese Pork and Pecan Crusted sole were very tasty and were large portions. Desserts of Apple Crisp and Oreo Mousse cake were yummy. A terrific value. And the atmosphere inside was cozy and inviting. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- amazinglieaterDined on 2/14/2014Delicious food, fast service. The only issue was the parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The ambiance coupled with superb food, and throw in Friday night entertainment, make this place a gem!Special Features:
- Always a good meal and time!Rick48Dined on 2/14/2014The title says it all. Its a good place to eat. The menu is varied and the food and service are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right from start to finish,ButoeatsDined on 2/14/2014Right from start to finish, the staff was impeccable, especially our waitress Vanessa. Personable and helpful all the way! And the food was everything we were told by friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 2/14/2014They had a special menu for Valentine's Day. My entree of lamb and 1/2 lobster was very good. The chicken with strawberry sauce was too sweet and made the vegetables and potato not edible. This was a definite miss. The chicken parmigiana was good,as was the penne in vodka sauce and chicken fingers. The desserts were very good. This is the second time we dined here. It was very good the first time. The second time was not as good but still good enough for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening !RickDined on 2/8/2014This was my first time here and was very pleasantly surprised. Very nice early bird dinner special. Service was warm and food was very good. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Cozy and tastyPeaceEatsVIPDined on 2/7/2014Chose this location from open table listing because it was fairly close and I never ate there. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Fireplace was a bonus for a very chilly night. Food was delicious and service was prompt. Live band began to play just as we were leaving and they sounded pretty good. I would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014regular or price fixed menu has great choices, the skirt steak was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!billfroDined on 1/4/2014For my money, this is one of the best restaurants on Long Island. I have been here a dozen times and have never been disappointed. The food and service are wonderful. Even the price fixed menu is exceptional.Special Features:
- WonderfulExcellentVIPDined on 12/31/20132nd time there - delicious. Had a terrific New Year's Eve. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placedine42Dined on 12/28/2013I loved the way it was decorated, the food was great. Or waitress was friendly and the service was great. MY husband and I would recommend this place, we're planning on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!Monkeyman74Dined on 12/28/2013FDood, service and ambience was excellent! Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceMarkFDined on 12/6/2013Food was very good and the service was top-notch. Quiet and able to have a nice conversation even when live music started at 9 on a Friday night. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.