Milk 'n Honey
30 W. Anapamu
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Milk 'n Honey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://milknhoneytapas.com/
- Phone: 8052754232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Castellanos Rojas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We tailor our catering to each event. Please call 805.669.8733 for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer off site private dining for up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alvaro 8056698733
- Entertainment: Available for bookings
A word from Milk 'n Honey
Years ago, before paved floors, Spanish bar keeps would cover their drinks with a napkin to keep dust from falling into their customers' drinks. The napkins eventually evolved into small plates to hold food and from there, the food on top of the drink became known as "tapas". We serve an eclectic variety of Spanish fusion style tapas at our locally owned restaurants "milk & honey" and "Alcazar." We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Milk 'n Honey - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Milk 'n Honey reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (14)romantic (13)good for groups (11)special occasion (9)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food and servicedpdaveDined on 9/12/2014Had a great time with my fiancee!! Love the food and had an awesome server.Special Features:
- Nice HideawayamysanfranDined on 9/5/2014I have been here a few times with different people and I have always made an impression with them bringing them here. Great Food , wine and cocktails are delicious and besides that they offer happy hour!Plus the energy is vibrant , ambiance is very relaxing and the table booths are very unique and cozy with that special someone!Special Features:
- Food is amazing!YasmineVIPDined on 8/30/2014All dishes were absolutely delicious. Service was fast & friendly. Sat outside (small patio)Special Features:
- Great Last Minute FindLuvsusy24Dined on 8/22/2014Normally, I'm apprehensive about going to a tapas bar with my kids and husband, because I don't feel everyone gets a proper amount of food to fill them up. But " milk n honey" was the complete opposite, the good portions were decent and the food was amazing! We all left satisfied! The avocado hummus, the sweet potatoes fries and the pizza were not just delicious and innovative, but kid friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, questionable serviceChronicEaterDined on 8/22/2014I've eaten here several times before with great food and spectacular service. I felt as though the service depreciated when my co-diner and I presented our IDs. Every other time I was with an older crowd and the service was fantastic. But this time left me with the feeling that due to the younger age of the table, we were given less than desirable service— younger diners tend to leave meagre tips? We sat for 30 min to get our drinks, during which time the tables around us had drink and food orders taken and placed. When the waitress brought our drinks, we waited 20 more minutes to order food. The food and drinks were great, but if you ignore the table because you don't expect a good tip, you're sort of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.Special Features:
- Foodgazm!!!!cjsweetheart1226Dined on 8/20/2014Very delectable food. Everything on the menu is deeeeelllliiicious. My favorite are the PB & J sliders. Soooo amazing!! The small plates are great for sharing. A must try. The flavor combinations of each plate are spot on. All your taste buds are satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and delicious tapas!HungrygirlDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant was packed and the staff of 5 people managed to run the place well. We were seated by the kitchen in a romantic, albeit loud, booth. The noise level was pretty high in the entire dining room, but was amazingly enough part if this restaurants charm! Small and dim lighting, fun hustle and bustle type restaurant. Delicious and fun Spanish tapas. Lots of pork and lamb. Try the avocado hummus. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service could use helpwhiskeyinmywaterDined on 8/2/2014The food and drinks were absolutely fantastic!! I highly suggest the Brussels sprouts. While they seemed to have enough of a staff, it took our waitress quite a while to greet us. It then took forever to try and get a check from her. So much so, it took longer to ask for our check then it did for our food to arrive once we placed our order. We were not necessarily in a hurry, but it was just kind of annoying. Especially, we she had to walk by our table every time she walked to her other tables outside.Special Features:
- tapas without olives?StephenDined on 7/28/2014first tapas bar i have been to with not an olive, almond or bit of octopus in sight. still good food though. lamp pops delicious. noisy. server very charming and tried hard to be attentive but she had the entire restaurant to serve - i counted 9 tables plus a few outside. i'd go back only after calling to be sure that i wouldn't wait 10 minutes to order a salad or a 2nd drink. good drinks.Special Features:
- Best tapas in Santa BarbaraIlikefoodfoodisgoodDined on 7/26/2014Milk 'n Honey is one of several amazing places owned by Alvaro Rojas. The food is absolutely phenomenal. Every dish that came out was so perfectly crafted that I couldn't have asked for anything better. They also have a wonderful selection of mixed drinks divided by type of alcohol that they lovingly prepare. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Santa Barbara and will definitely be getting my business again.Special Features:
- Great Tapas!AustineaterVIPDined on 7/21/2014We loved everything they put in front of us! From the drinks to the food, it was all amazingSpecial Features:
- Great FindNevilleDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I loved the food. We even re-ordered a few items, they were that good. Drinks were good too! It was very crowded, even for late in the evening, so make a reservation. Can't wait to try their sister restaurants.Special Features:
- Milk & Honey is Heavenly!itsadilleyDined on 7/2/2014What an outstanding menu! We loved this place so much that we made a point of going back before we left town. We thoroughly enjoyed the wait staff and got to meet the owner who is a wonderful chef in his own right! YUMMY! And if you're short on cash and time, make sure you at least check out the Happy Hour specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milk and Honey SuccesssarielaDined on 6/21/2014Wanted to try and have a night out without just a typical meal. The variety of both cocktails and tapas was excellent. Something for everyone. The brussel sprouts and and lamb sliders were our favorites, but everything was great as well like the patatas bravas and shrimp tapas. We tried 3 whiskey cocktails which were all very good. The tequila drink, Heat of Passion was the only one I probably wouldn't order again. Super spicy to the point of numbing our taste buds for the food :)Special Features:
- Hot, Loud and DarkCocktailLoverDined on 6/20/2014I love a bar atmosphere but this place was stifling. Dark and no air conditioning. Music so loud it was impossible to converse. Lighting is very poor. The menus where filthy, covered in food and stains. The food and drinks where acceptable not impressive but I may just have been too uncomfortable to be happy with the food and drinks. It might be considered intimate and charming if it was not so loud.
- Excellent tapas! Must go!Veronica7Dined on 6/13/2014Milk and Honey is fantastic! We loved the Lamburghinis, prawns with garlic over rice, pears with brie and balsamic vinegar, PBnJ sliders, to name a few. Excellent service. Great energy! Must Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceLuvgdfoodDined on 6/12/2014We went to M&H based on reviews and the fact that it was tapas. We didn't expect such awesome food, great and friendly service by all the staff and such a vibrant scene. It is loud at times, so if quiet is what your looking for, you may want to reconsider. The chipotle shrimp was so good, I ordered it twice! Loved it so much that we went back for the incredible bacon cream brulee the next night. Loved it. We'll be back the next time we're in town!Special Features:
- Awesome!DanniDined on 5/31/2014I loved this place!! Food was fantastic! My fave was the lamb burgers. Drinks were fantastic! The dessert cookie with ice dream was delicious! Ambiance fun and hip. Service was fantastic. The pork sliders and one of the pizzas was really good too. Yam fries and aioli sauce were sooo good. And I don't normally like yam fries!! The manager was on it! He took care of us. It's rather small inside but doable. There is an outside area too with a nice wall fireplace. I will be back here whenever back in Santa Barbara!Special Features:
- Nice !GeoLinVIPDined on 5/29/2014Great food and cocktails. Menu had lots of not usually seen and interesting choices.We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapastrevorDined on 5/23/2014Amazing drink menu, bordering on mixology style beverages. Great tapas foods with unique mixes on classic tapas, and inventive mixes of flavors and styles. My favorite was the various sliders they have on Hawaiian rolls. The service was amazing too.Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Milk 'n Honey reviews archive.
- PatienceladyZVIPDined on 5/22/2014Service is a bit on the slow side, but the food is worth the wait so be patient.Special Features:
- YUMladyZVIPDined on 5/16/2014If your a foodie this is a place for you! You have to try the PB&J Sliders yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night Dinner!NCrisDined on 5/3/2014We went to Milk & Honey for my sister's bachelorette dinner and had a great time! We had several servers who rotated around helping the tables, one who seemed to be 'in-charge' but it was pretty fun having consistent help/service from the entire staff. This is a much smaller restaurant than I was anticipating, so I am VERY glad I had a reservation (a group of 4 was quoted a 45-60 min wait time as we were arriving at 8:30 pm on a Saturday.) All of the food we had was great, and they will even add one or two extra pieces to most menu items if you have 5 people instead of 4, as most items come with either 2 or 4 pieces in traditional tapa's style. Great bar drinks too!Special Features:
- Loud and uniqueSatchmoDined on 5/2/2014We dined w/ a group of 9 - Fri night. We enjoy tapas eating, so we were excited to try MilknHoney for the 1st time. Seating inside is "tight", but was fine. Music playing on speakers is VERY loud, so you cant talk to anyone sitting 2-3 people away. That's frustrating, but live & learn. Food: Nice, unique menu w lots of options for all tastes. We ordered 10-12 items, from Lamborghini Burgers to Tuna Tartar. Most plates were tasty, & our group cleaned the plates. Food arrived quickly, & we could order as we went along. Nice. Service: At some point our server vanished & never surfaced. We saw her eating at a table outside. We stopped getting water & had to wait 15+ min w/out attn b4 someone else came & took dessert orders. Odd.Special Features:
- Great find before SB Bowl show!woodsyDined on 4/19/2014Was looking for a last minute place while driving up to Santa Barbara to eat before a show and found Milk and Honey. Made a reso, and had great tapas, great wine, great service, was awesome all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoking hotRichbitchDined on 4/7/2014Okay the guys that work here are SOOO HOT. The food was okay. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. If you go early there is almost no one there. Heard it's a hotspot on the weekends though. Can't verify that but sounds likely!Special Features:
- American Tapas in Santa BarbaraCowFarmerDined on 3/28/2014Very fun dining with well conceived and executed dishes that each are enough for 3 or 4 people to sample or 1 to gorge. Getting a smorgasbord of 4 items worked great for our party of 3. Especially liked the avocado hummus. Yum. Prices for Santa Barbara dining are low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeARW2Dined on 3/22/2014Service, food, and drinks were loved by our entire group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014If you love flavor and the tapas style servings, then this place is for you! Love the infusion of flavors and variety of foods available. Drinks were unique and flavorful! The wait staff was extremely cheerful as well. I have already been telling all of my friends about this wonderful restaurant, and plan to go again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy tid-bitsNittersDined on 2/5/2014This tapas restaurant has an extensive menu making it hard to decide what to eat. We really enjoyed trying lots of things and sharing them. The wine list could use some improvement but they do have a full bar.Special Features:
- Good stuffSterlingArcherDined on 11/15/2013The guy that was bartending must have been having an off night because he was incredibly dull and disengaged but the food was good. Highly recommend the PBJ sliders they were fantastic. Skip the goat cheese, it's about 1/2 an ounce of cheese and 6 ounces of sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly DisappointingLukewarmDined on 11/8/2013The food had glimpses of being excellent but there was too many issues even with the good pieces. We had a potato dish where many of the potatoes were raw and sliders that weren't very tasty
- Hands down my favorite tapas placeFab0314Dined on 10/25/2013I am a huge fan of tapas, have been to every new spot in LA and whenever in a new city it's the first spot I look for. The food here was awesome, layers of flavor sand very complexed interesting mix of ingredients. The place is casual chic and fun. The service was poor though, innitial plates were not at all paced and other plates seemed to take forever, she never checked on drinks, we had to go out if our way to get the hostess to find our server so we could either order more wine or cocktails. Other than that, it's a terrific restaurant. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The servers need to relaxsterckDined on 10/11/2013This was our second time here. We really like the concept, location and food. Our first server was good, but after that two others took over. OMG! Relax! They would not leave us alone. Their lack of sincerity made it even worse. There were empty tables, so they weren't trying to rush us out. It's too bad as otherwise it can be a good experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended by localsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2013Highly recommended by locals we knew but was just ok.
- Must Try MartiniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013The "Hest of Passion" martini is out of this world. Worth going to M&H for this drink alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go To if you want TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2013I love the Date with a Pig, Brussel sprouts, and the sliders with spicy Pulled Pork. Alcazar is the sister Restaurant on the Mesa, also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013Great food and service. The Drink Menu is full of original items that everyone should try. I would like to come back with a group of 4-6 and just spend the evening drinking, eating and chating.Special Features:
- Great drinks. Would recommendLuv2eatVIPDined on 4/20/2013Great drinks. Would recommend over the food which was fine but the drinks were better.Special Features:
- This was a very fun place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013This was a very fun place. great cocktail menu, which is what drew me. also excellent food (we ordered small plates: "date a pig" - excellent bacon-wrapped dates with a bit of honey; sweet potato fries: a wonderful salad; and more). we had out 16 year old son with us and, thought it feels a bit like a nightclub/bar scene inside - in a classy way, we had a wonderful waitress who made us all (including our son) quite confortable. Relaxing, social, cool.Special Features: