13 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02482Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://milestoneofwellesley.com/
- Phone: 7814466950
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Weekend Brunch
A word from Milestone
Another Milestone for the Papakonstantinou family! Charlie Papakonstantinou, who has co-owned The Maugus Restaurant since 1980 with his family in Wellesley, MA, has just opened up his new restaurant with his wife Camille, called Milestone. Charlie and his Milestone staff are looking to bring the same tradition of great quality food and service with a southern european flare. Come and experience these exquisite dishes that chef Gabriele Stipo has created.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Milestone reviews from OpenTable diners
- Limping alongKylaDined on 3/29/2014In warmer months, I can tolerate mediocre food if the ambiance is good. However, in March, with hopes of a nice, low-key, quiet date spot, Milestone did not deliver. We asked to be away from kids so were seated in the bar section where two large screen TVs blasted sports and a gratuitously violent film throughout our dinner. Our appetizer, (the delicious sounding angus meatballs) clearly had been forgotten under the heatlamp and arrived so anemic that we sent them back (thankfully, they were replaced with a far better and more attended to version but after our dinners arrived). The mousaka, also had been left under the heatlamp, was brown on top but cool underneath. The side salad consisted mostly of onions. Service was neglectful.Special Features:
- Nice interior decoration andecw408c9Dined on 3/22/2014Nice interior decoration and fairly quiet. Beer prices were excellent. Waiter was very pleasant and was professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very limitied offereingsbsuarezDined on 3/14/2014We tried Milestone on a promotion and were looking forward to what we thought was going to be a diverse menu with some interesting choices. However when we were seated we found half of the menu items crossed out (unavailable) and the wine list ended up being reduced by about 75% as well. Very disappointing however our server did his best with what little he had to work with. We won't go back.
- Great Friday Night DinnerKmrlicswDined on 2/21/2014We went to dinner here for the first time recently and had a great night! The food was delicious, the moussaka and baklava brought me right back to our honeymoon in Greece. The Salmon was also cooked perfectly and our waiter was wonderful. We would highly recommend this restaurant and were surprised there weren't more people dinning there on a Friday night as the menu is also reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have gone here a few times.TheStewardVIPDined on 2/16/2014Have gone here a few times. Seems to be on a downward path. Menu has changed. A number of menu items were crossed out. That is never a good sign......
- Had reservation for ValentineVal214Dined on 2/14/2014Had reservation for Valentine Night Dinner. Not really busy, wait staff slow, menu had a lot of liquid paper cross outs on items! Wine bottle (pino grigio) was a screw top variety, chopped salad was a salad not chopped with two egg halves for $12! Food was decent, yet un appealing to reccomend.
- Good food, Good ServicejeffgDined on 2/14/2014We had our Valentine's Day dinner here and enjoyed the food and the service. We were greeted nicely and seated immediately. The waitress was friendly and accommodating. The noise level was a little high when crowded, but when the crowd thinned it was easy to hear and talk. Overall, we enjoyed our experience and will probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would like to express howAvgCustDined on 2/14/2014I would like to express how thankful I am for my ruined Valentine's day evening. I made a reservation online, but simple fact that most of the restaurants were fully booked, and this Milestone one had plenty of available time spots, was the first warning sign. When we arrived, we were seated at a "not-so-clean" table (second warning sign). Then, we were given an menu, where at least HALF of the menu items were GREYED OUT with marker. Main entrees were not available, just a choice of basic items. That was it - we left . So, my advice for people who are reading this review - if it looks too good to be true - don't expect a miracle. And do not plan to celebrate there any special occasions - the place is simply low-profile "road-side" diner.
- Pleasant, interesting dinnerNoelDined on 2/9/2014Good to find a Greek restaurant in MetroWest. Food is tasty and reasonably priced - I had moussaka and my wife had the stuffed pepper special; both very good. Service was fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014As always, each visit is better than the last. We had the mussels first and they were amazing. The Steak Frites was just incredible. The steak was perfectly cooked and so tender. The Egg Lemon soup is the most amazing thing you have ever tried. The Pesto Pasta did not disappoint either. The meal was super from start to finish.
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014I love this place on the weekends. The breakfast selection is vast and everything is just great. The homemade Greek Yogurt with fruit is just out of this world. The Chocolate Chip Pancakes are huge, fluffy and cooked just right. We had the Milestone Omlette which had everything in it (Bacon, Sausage, Mushrooms, Cheese) and was huge. We enjoyed Mimosa's with our meal and were stuffed. This is our favorite brunch place in the burbs!
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014We love Milestone and have been here many times since we first tried it well over a year and a half ago. Everything we ordered was great. From the Apps, to the salads and main dishes. Only problem was our server. He seemed spacey and a bit wise. The meal was great and everything was cooked to perfection. The Chicken/Eggplant Parm is wonderful!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinglovefoodDined on 2/8/2014This was a last minute booking for a group of eight looking for somewhere new to go in the metrowest area. Nothing was particularly "bad" but just overall disappointing. The selections were thoroughly uninteresting. Even the portobello burger was boring. A lovely flavorful sauce or herb might have saved it. The lamb nachos sounded like they had potential, but alas...Special Features:
- Very good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014We have been here before and each time we discover something new. The food was wonderful and we had a great bottle of wine as well. The Greek dishes here are as good as anywhere and the pasta dishes rival what you get in the North End. Our service was OK and we really had a great time.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Once again Milestone did not disappoint. Food was wonderful and tasted the same as our last visit. We had the Lamb Shank and the chicken under a brick. Both entrees were big and cooked just right. Only problem was our waiter did not write down what we ordered, but rather just tried to remember it. We had to ask numerous times for things we asked for when we ordered. Great place and we love the food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/31/2014The service was very friendly and prompt, but food had some issues. Half of the menu was scratched, so option were way less than I was expecting from their web site. I ordered the steak frites and while the steak was cooked properly, it was covered in what seemed like simple brown gravy (not the beef jus per the menu) and came with straight out of a freezer bag french fries. I came in really wanting to like this based on location and menu on the web site, but I expected much better quality.
- A pleasing dinnermormor102Dined on 1/28/2014Two of my friends and I met at Milestone for dinner, and all three of us were very pleased with both the food and the excellent care we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningDrewDined on 1/25/2014A very nice restaurant tucked into downtown Wellesley. I thought that the menu had a very solid variety and really enjoyed my meal (mushroom stuffed ravioli). Everyone in my party enjoyed their's as well and the wait staff was kind and professional. Met the owner as well, he seems like a solid gentleman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing mealeat4pleasureDined on 1/25/2014The restaurant has two levels, streetside and a larger dining room up a few stairs(not handicapped accessible). My friend enjoyed her martini. We split the spanokipata for an appetizer. The dough was heavy and the spinach didn't seem to be mixed with feta. For a main meal, we had "pan seared scallops with risotto, spinach and mushroom". This was presented in one dish with the scallops sitting on the risotto. The scallops were browned and overcooked. The risotto was uneven, some was properly cooked but there was liquid left which left some undercooked.. The spinach, mushrooms, and panaceta were delicious in the risotto. I would not return. The décor was very dated upstairs.Special Features:
- Our steak was not done correctly.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2014Our steak was not done correctly. When we had it returned to be properly cooked, it came back more or the less the same. We asked for Medium and got rare, both times. I ended up switching my meal from a steak to a chicken that was was also not done right. Also, the noodles in our pasta dish were overcooked. Will not be going back
- I booked a reservation hereEmmyanneDined on 1/8/2014I booked a reservation here for a business lunch. It was the first time visiting this restaurant for both me and my client. We both enjoyed the food and the selection on the menu. I definitely will return here in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, very goodskylerDined on 12/31/2013Excellent service, very good quality of food, very tasty, overall very good experience. Have been here before and came backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsKathyDined on 11/17/2013This was our first time at Milestone, and we will be back. Food was good, service was great and the prices are right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great FoodTG29Dined on 11/15/2013We love the food at Milestone and visit frequently for that reason. It is also family friendly which suits us just fine.Special Features:
- Finally!NoSoxTonightDined on 11/8/2013We've tried Milestone a couple times over the last few years. It was OK. We gave it a try on Friday eve and were pleasantly surprised. I had the special that night of baked Cod stuffed with crab, tomatoes, spinach that was wonderful! Very fresh and a huge portion! My husband had stuffed peppers that he said was very good! The waitstaff was very attentive. They seemed to have improved tremendously. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greasy food bad servicemaggzDined on 11/2/2013We weren't served for at least 45 minutes after arriving, and the food (when it finally arrived) was so greasy it was hard to eat. Our waiter never refilled our water glasses, and took at least 20 minutes to be flagged down to get the check. Unimpressed.
- DisappointingGpbostonDined on 11/1/2013We had not been to Milestone in 2-3 years (didn't have a great meal the last time but decided to give it another try). I'd say three out of four of us were very disappointed with the food. I had the pan seared scallops with spinach and risotto.. The scallops were overcooked and so salty they were in edible. The risotto, while it had good flavor, it too was extremely salty. I drank 3 full glasses of water during dinner. The skirt steak was flavorful, but the hangar steak was overcooked. The sausage risotto was also too salty.
- All four in our party thoughtMargoDined on 10/25/2013All four in our party thought the food was way too salty. The risotto and the carbonara were kind of gloppy.
- Relaxing dinnerBostontoBecketDined on 9/27/2013Moussaka was quite good, salad that came with it was a little overdressed. My husband enjoyed the stuffed grape leaves and chopped salad. The major problem was the family seated next to us with two small children. The children were continually noisy, to the point I could not hear the conversation at my own table. The little girl was walking around the restaurant the whole time. I'm not sure what can be done about parents who think everyone enjoys their annoying children other than perhaps the restaurant having a "family section" and a different section for those who have are looking for a quiet relaxing dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Even better than my last visit,SteveDined on 9/22/2013Even better than my last visit, there is a new menu and selections that really add to the already great menu. I LOVE the pasta dishes here and I had the shrimp aglow olio- it was great. We also split an order of lobster Mac and cheese. As good as always- this place never disappoints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This really is a great restaurant.JennDined on 9/22/2013This really is a great restaurant. The food is great, they have a kids menu and everything is reasonably priced. The dolma des are so tasty and the lamb shank is the best tasting thing I've had in a while. Great seafood as we'll, there is so much to choose from. With beers on tap it's a great place to eat and watch a Pats game.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milestone was recommendedSteveDined on 9/22/2013Milestone was recommended to us by multiple people and we finally tried it. They have a super wine selection and everything you could ever want to choose from on the menu. We had the quesadilla first which was excellent and split an egg lemon soup- it was TRULY excellent. I had the steak special and my wife had the roasted salmon. Both meals were terrific! We will definitely be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful findNMonahanVIPDined on 9/22/2013Having moves to the area a year ago, the Milestone wasn't somewhere we had tried or been told of, but after popping in for lunch recently it's become our favourite new local. The food is very good and breakfast was very tasty. Loved the fact that we could order cuppacinos! We like the Greek additions to the menu. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our last visit here was justChrisDined on 9/21/2013Our last visit here was just amazing- one of the best meals I ever had. Usually the follow up disappoints but surprisingly enough, everything was equally as good as our last visit. I have learned that when you go to milestone, even though everything on the menu is great- GO FOR THE SPECIAL! My wife was hoping to get the rack of lamb again but they took it off the menu. She opted instead for the Salmon special with a mango salsa served on top of jasmine rice. According to her it was just perfect! I tried the steak special and it was unreal. Again, every time I go to a restaurant have an incredible meal- go back, it always disappoints. Not here. We loved everything! The owner came over, chatted and even bought us dessert. Great evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are not first timers hereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2013We are not first timers here and each time we do come here the meal is solid. With a new menu and new wine selections, it seems as though they are keeping this new and fresh and not just the same old routine. Food was excellent, but it was rather busy and service was a bit slow. Food is worth it though. Friendly staff too!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have not been here for a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2013Have not been here for a while so we decided to try it again. They have a new menue and the food is every bit as good as the last time we ate here, but a better selection. you can now get sandwiches at night. Only drawback was the service was slow because it was busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first try forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2013This was our first try for dinner, we had previously been here for weekend brunch. The food was absolutely as good as any restaurant I've eaten at in town. w tried the mussels first which were wonderful. I had the scallops with risotto special and my husband had the pork loin special. Both meals were incredible, very big in portion and just flavorful as can be. Everything was great! We are two for two here and will try it again and hope the streak continues.
- I have only tried MilestoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2013I have only tried Milestone for Breakfast about 5 months ago and have been eager to try it out for dinner. I've been told the owner also owns the Maugus restaurant in the hills which is a Wellesley icon. I expected it to be a greek laden menu, but it was so much more. Italian, Greek, American, seems as though they have a little bit of everything. We tried the Lump Crab Cakes first as an app and they were super! My wife had the Bolognese and I went for the Beef Stir Fry. Both dishes were great, cooked perfectly, seasoned just right and very big portions. We enjoyed a few beers on tap as well. Our next visit will be for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade food - Upscale atmosphereMNMomDined on 9/15/2013Second visit to Milestone and I will go again just to try something else on their wonderful menu. Don't let its location in Wellsley scare you - the prices are resonable, the servings are generous and the food is delicious and fresh. It features some wondderful Greek specialities - all homemade along with the best Hanger Steak around for $19! A one page menu that is well presented and features a great variety from apps, Greek, Mediterrean, American, salads & sandwiches. The decor is very nice, well lit and clean - there is a full bar with a nice wine list and different cocktails. Our waiters on both occassions were friendly and attentive. They offer a 10% discount with a Babson or Wellesley ID.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Despite other reviews . . .VTomDined on 8/31/2013we made an early reservation for a celebratory dinner. Our server was prompt & informed. A nice menu of cocktails was offered. We ordered meatballs, a Caesar, and crab cakes to share as apps. The portions were huge and each was very good. Our entrees included brick chicken on a large and tasty potato pancake, 2 steak entrees, shrimp scampi, and sausage mushroom bolognese. All were ample and delicious--I initially thought I would like to have had more shrimp on my pasta but by the time I was finished I was full and the dish turned out to be rich and perfect. Perhaps because this isn't a "three sprigs on a plate" restaurant with unlikely food paired together that it has gotten such negative reviews. It's too bad because it is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.