Mildred's Temple Kitchen
85 Hanna Avenue
Toronto, ON M6K 3S3Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Mildred's Temple Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.templekitchen.com/
- Phone: 4165885695x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH: Monday - Sunday - 10:00am - 3:00pm
Weekend Brunch is offered on a first come, first serve basis.
Monday - Friday we are delighted to take Reservations.
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Mildred's LOUNGE: 10am - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Donna Dooher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Join us on the "kitchen tables" for groups of 20 to 28 for intimate semi-private dining.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 4165885695x
- Special Events: Every great party ends up in the kitchen.
That’s why we created our Kitchen Table.
Beautifully accommodating, it brings together the extended family, the team, your group of friends, in the warm casual spirit of the kitchen table. Ideal for your own celebratory country-style suppers, wine tasting dinners, family brunches, and get-togethers.
Call us to book your next celebration.
- Cross Street: King and Atlantic
- Public Transit: The King West streetcar #504 stops at Atlantic Ave. and King going east and at Jefferson Ave. going west. We are located at the top of the stairs on the southeast corner of Atlantic and King Street West.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Our building at 85 Hanna Avenue has an underground parking garage.
A word from Mildred's Temple Kitchen
Mildred’s Temple Kitchen in Liberty Village is brought to you by the famous Mildred Pierce Restaurant, and its owners, Donna Dooher and Kevin Gallagher. After welcoming guests for almost 20 years , Mildred has moved on to an astounding new venue at 85 Hanna Avenue in the heart of the vibrant community of Liberty Village. The contemporary menu brings with it the classics from Mildred Pierce, as well as their unforgettable Sunday brunch. With design by Brian Brownlie of du Toit Architects, this appealing room is bound for stardom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
Mildred's Temple Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Liberty Village ›
Mildred's Temple Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (54)neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (42)good for groups (39)special occasion (32)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (23)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (7)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- kingerDined on 8/30/2014We decided this visit to have a group of small plat appetizers (5) with the poutine gnocchi the best. Then shared 3 mains amongst the 4 of us which was definitely enough food. Topped it off with a great Ontario wine. Great menu @ the bar for pre-dinner drinks! This was excellent and our family had a great meal and experience. Thanks!Special Features:
- bwvdinerDined on 8/26/2014Delicious and creative fish . perfect portion size.not overly attentive service. Lovely spacious room not noisy. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it - great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Don't oder the hamburger, and if you do, ensure it is cooked. Otherwise, food and service were excellentSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphereJacquieGDined on 8/5/2014I really enjoyed the atmosphere and service at Mildred's. The food was prepared very well also. I noticed the whole staff was friendly and aware of customers at all times. It was nice to see management visible in the restaurant often. Our server was great and we felt well cared forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish, delicious recommendationCocorotsieDined on 7/29/2014This was a fashionable recommendation that I booked online. It's a bit funny to find so once you hit the West Elm factory don't right down the street but turn left into the courtyard. I had the delicious lunch special of Lake Eerie bass tacos on Tuesday, a Beaus Lager and a glass of wine. The best part still was the very personalized service and local recommendations from the lovely, accommodating, Ashanti. Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...candineDined on 7/24/2014We were looking forward to dinner before a concert. First person of our 4 showed up on time (early dinner), but was not able to go to our reserved table, because the rest of us were parking. Poor judgment and a poor welcome. Place was half full, but we could only get 1 menu for the four of us. Service was slow, even though we indicated we needed to make the concert, which was in our reservation. Appetizer fries came out raw in middle and limp. Replacement fries were crisp and good. Quality control should have caught that easily. Meals were ok, but nothing special and below expectations. Fish looked undercooked- was taken back, and was then told that's the way it's supposed to be.Ok, but that should have been indicated when it arrived.
- OK but not great dinnerJimmyDined on 7/24/2014Service was slow as staff was too busy despite being our first people there. Food took forever and when we remarked were told" it is being plated now" but still took 15 minutes to arrive. Guess I am accustomed to better service when I dine.Special Features:
- try big skillet on Wednesdayt0r0nt01Dined on 7/23/2014Big skillet is pulled pork with salsa black beans and two eggs sunny side up. Flavorful and not too overpowering or greasy. Good service and nice bright environment. Our cheerful waitress even brought cookies that come with big skillet. Will come here to try pancakes next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday Brunch Def Not LunchFoodieLoverDined on 7/21/2014Great atmosphere but needs more lunch items. 70% of their weekday menu is brunch - eggs galore. Only three non-egg items and salad. Not much variety. Had a burger - fresh chuck, fresh handcut fries. Good but not amazing being Toronto has so many burger joints. It was dressed only with aioli (not offered different toppings). Go if you seriously want eggs/brunch - like on a weekend. Not a weekday "lunch" place in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kateDined on 7/18/2014A great meal - very inventive and delicious. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great experience!CarlyVIPDined on 7/18/2014I loved dining here. Came here for the Summerlicious menu but will definitely come back now. Great menu selection and generous portions. The panko chicken I had was huge, the size of the plate itself. We had impeccable service. Our waitress was attentive and fun. This is a new fav!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & DeliciousluvtorontorezDined on 7/18/2014Second time at Mildred's Temple Kitchen - this time during Summerlicious (first time during Winterlicious). The menu was great & provided good choices. The in-house made bread is a light & brioche-like buttery delight & the servers make sure you get enough. My husband and I had the avocado soup - nice for the warm night, followed by the scrumptious beef rib and buttery beans. We ended the night with an array of desserts - profiteroles & a nice chocolate marquis with cherries. Server brought us 2 extras too! Now I have to go back & try their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic and memorableTastybuds3Dined on 7/18/2014I thought this restaurant would be more rustic based on its name but it was classy and chic. Loved the open and bright decor with many sculptural details that caught my eye. The food was beautifully presented and tasty. Our server was attentive and polite. It was my first time for lunch here and I would definitely go again. The neighbourhood offers many interesting shops to stroll through especially the furniture ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Amazing overall. My favourite dish has got to be the dessert "milk and honey semi-freddo"!Special Features:
- Not what I was expectingMikeDined on 7/16/2014I had heard a lot of good things about Mildred's Temple Kitchen, and was very disappointed to find that it didn't live up to the hype. In short, the food was good but nothing special or unique. Expect fare equal to milestones or jack astor's. Service was friendly but inattentive and slow. The atmosphere is like eating in a high-school cafeteria and it's difficult to hear the person across from you. The bathrooms were disgustingly dirty, despite much fuss over them in reviews I've read.
- Excellent Service and Creative FoodbradFDined on 7/16/2014Very attentive service by very knowledgeable staff. Food was excellent with both vegetarian and standard creative offerings available. Many local and Ontario craft beers either by the bottle or on tap including one made in Liberty Village. Excellent wine list with many options (I recommend the prosecco - medium dry and delightful). Great ambience though the loft/warehouse conversion to restaurant space causes conversations to echo somewhat. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summerlicious lunchprimadoraDined on 7/14/2014Great restaurant with great food. Fish tacos were scrumptious!Special Features:
- Summerlicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Perfectly cooked burgers on the rare side of medium rare -- delicious. Lovely food presentation. Very attentive and friendly server, much appreciated by me and my lunch companion.Special Features:
- Fantastic !!!MooseDined on 7/9/2014Lovely decor, high ceiling very comfy and cosy! Super yummy food, especially the milk chocolate ice cream with expresso!!!! Worth the drive from Markham!Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerTashaCDined on 7/8/2014It’s always a bit of a gamble when you visit a restaurant for the first time on a big occasion, but Mildred’s did not disappoint! As soon as we walked in, the host greeted us and wished me a happy birthday. Throughout the night, the service was exception and the food stood up to the same level. The summerlicious menu was very nice, and our waitress made some wonderful recommendations. Atmosphere was great; the whole restaurant was booked, but due to the layout and ambience, you still feel that you are just with your individual table and we had a fantastic night of conversation easily. We were the last people the leave, and even then the staff didn’t make us feel rushed. All in all, an A+ and I truly look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014The waiter Calvin was super friendly and helpful when we made our choices for summerlicious. He always filled our water, and knew when to come or go because girls talk a lot. The food was very good and presentation was beautiful. The drinks were awesome especially the watermelon smash and the blueberry lemonade. The fried chicken is seasoned very well, and the short ribs were tender. The profiteroles was delicious.Special Features:
- Good food, good ambiancesophia2551Dined on 7/8/2014This was my first visit to Mildred's kitchen I liked both the food and the ambianceSpecial Features:
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We sat outside, which was splendid. The patio is sheltered from the noise and looks onto a quiet pathway. The food was good. The service was acceptable. I plan to return.Special Features:
- delicious dining experiencesuzanaDined on 7/4/2014Great service, ambiance and to die for food. Everything was delicious and I'm coming back for more delicious appetizers, main course meals and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommendboo4556Dined on 7/4/2014This is my 2nd time being at Mildred's Temple Kitchen, and was lucky to enjoy their Summer-licious menu on the first day. I went with 2 girl friends, and requested to sit on the patio for lunch, with no hesitation by their hostess. The restaurant was also kind enough to accommodate our updated reservation time due to running late from previous arrangements. I am a health conscious chef and foodie snob, and find the food fantastic. Full of flavor and fresh - delish! Our server Jesus was super friendly and on point - will definitely be back just to sit in his section!Special Features:
- Perfect lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Had lunch on the patio. The service was incredible, as was the food. I work in the neighbourhood, and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Narrow menueatingzenVIPDined on 6/11/2014We use Mildred's for business lunches because of location. The food was always reliable but the narrow brunch-focused menu is quite restrictive. The space is still better than other Liberty Village options but School has a better menu although service and space tend to the chaotic. I will still use this restaurant but only for business.
- Best Service!SmilingTreeDined on 6/10/2014Our waitress was amazing, she went to extra lengths to ensure we were happy (including a walk to a near by store to buy a beverage they didn't have in stock - she completely surprized us and blew us away). She made the experience better which in turn made us enjoy the food more. We will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Consistent ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014After several visits for both dinners and brunches, Mildred's remains one of my favourite restaurants in the city. I know I can always count on them for food that surprises and delights. My most recent visit was a dinner with an out-of-town friend who was ecstatic. In the past, I've found the great wait staff eager to enhance the experience by actually becoming part of it -- an addition I have always appreciated. On my most recent visit, our waiter was good at his job but didn't add that "extra" personable touch. Still, the dinner was as wonderful as always. It was also a treat to meet and chat with Donna who, ever since Mildred Pierce, earned my respect as a superb restauranteur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedSL101Dined on 6/2/2014If you're looking for a chic, sophisticated, grown-up spot to dine in Liberty Village, there's no other place I'd suggest than Mildred's Temple Kitchen. I have dined here numerous times and every meal is a winner. Attentive staff, gorgeous interiors, great wine list - it's got it all!Special Features:
- Won't Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014I thought this place was moderately okay. Didn't start off very well. Waiter seemed very uninterested in being helpful. When asked if we could substitute one of the sides on a dish his response was, "no, it really ruins the integrity of the dish so the chef doesn't like doing that." The dish was with beans, which I don't ever eat, and my wife explained that, and his response was, "we can only do a substitution for an allergy." At that point, I dropped it but was perplexed.....you can do a substitution for an allergy but if you don't like the side, you won't do it? Made no sense and we did not feel welcome there at all. It's like we were an inconvenience. The food was good (not great) but the service and the noise were unacceptable.
- mehpeliDined on 5/21/2014I got the soup and Caesar with roasted chicken. The serving size for the soup was pretty good, but unfortunately the soup itself was not so good. Not sure how I should feel about the Caesar: was given a really good portion of chicken but there was less salad than chicken and the salad was a weird warm temperature and the greens were wilted. Seating outside is clean but you just look at the building and traffic so the view isn't too good. Service was great, but I don't think I will be returning/recommending.
- Always great at the Temple ....OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/21/2014Mildred's is a favorite in Liberty Village and TO West. I am a real believer in the fine food at the Temple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 717 reviews are from the Mildred's Temple Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great food, great serviceCitydwellerDined on 5/17/2014Overall, food was great, service was great! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food in Liberty VillageFabulousDined on 5/10/2014The selection of uniquely prepared dishes was so extensive, we knew before we'd finished ordering, that the four in our party would return, whether separately or together. My husband's hamburger with crispy fried onions was the best he'd ever tried. Their pear salad with house candied nuts and blue cheese was outstanding and my ribs were outstanding. It had a relaxed open vibe, underscored by enthusiastic knowledgable wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually get the hamburger butGlobalTravellerDined on 5/5/2014Have often gone for the amazing hamburger but learned this time that it isn't actually gluten-free. Had the ribs instead which were drop off the bone gender and tasty. Ended up spending more than I expected though partly due to adding a bottle of wine which wasn't inexpensive - that was the only soft point. I do think I liked the prior menu a bit better - seemed to have more choices for gluten-free eaters (one in our group has that restriction).
- Very impressedfunnnDined on 5/2/2014From the moment we walked in were impressed with the staff, so attentive!!! Funnnn Place!! Great food!!!Special Features:
- Overall excellentvisitorDined on 4/26/2014Great food! Great ambiance! Only snaggle is that my burger was undercooked, but our waiter had it sent back w/ relatively not too long a wait to get another one which was cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceStaceykDined on 4/26/2014I'm always impressed by the funny and personable staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday MealJB77Dined on 4/19/2014I took my girlfriend to Mildred's Temple Kitchen for her birthday recently. I had heard Mildred's specializes in brunch, but you wouldn't know that from the quality of the dinner menu. I enjoyed the MTK burger, she had the gnocchi poutine. Food was out-of-this-world tasty, and was reasonably priced given the quality. Service was very friendly and attentive, but the opposite of pretentious. We dined with a mixed crowd of highly tolerable hipsters, assorted foodies, and some local families. Front staff handled a slightly demanding couple with grace. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.