314 Belanger Street
Houma, LA 70360Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.milanohouma.com/
- Phone: 9858792426
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are a full service custom catering facility and can cater your event in one of our dining rooms (private or semi-private) or at the location of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available. We offer cocktail and hors d’oeuvres packages and/or full service seated dinner options. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 9858792426
- Cross Street: Off of Main Street Between Grinach and Church St
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer complementary evening parking available after 5:30 p.m. Our gated parking lot is located on the corner of Main and Grinage Streets where Belanger Street spurs. The entrance is at the rear of the parking lot on Grinage Street.
A word from Milano
Milano and Aficionados are located in the heart of Downtown Houma, Louisiana. At Milano, our menu highlights traditional and contemporary Italian dishes, with a flare for other European and American influences. Our adjoining sister lounge, Aficionados, is open evenings and offers a full range of wines, beers, and premium liqueurs for our guest to chose from. We feature entertainment in both the restaurant and the lounge. In addition, we also offer a lighter, more economical weekday lunch service for our local business clientele. Please see our hours of operation and website for more information. It will be our pleasure to serve you and your guests. Thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Milano - Best Restaurants in Houma ›
Milano reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (9)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great time with Family!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We went eat here because it was a great location to walk to the play. The food, drinks & service were awesome. I love what they have done with the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCeleDined on 9/3/2014Great experience. Our waitress Kathryn was sweet as can be. The food was outstanding. Must try the shrimp and goat cheese crepes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Evironmentmalt001Dined on 8/16/2014The quality of service my wife and I received was excellent. Our waitress "Victoria" is one of the best I have sen in c a Very long time. It begins with her great smile and her professionalism, the quality about her and the way she wants to be sure that the customer is very happy makes it for the ideal dining experience. We would recommend that anyone who goes there request her as your waitress as she id the best. Then Doug "Piano Man" Hamilton is awesome. He brings back the era of times when a couple could go to diner at a fine restaurant and enjoy a great meal and listen to great dinner music. Experience was great and would recommend this dining experience to anyone especially for a evening of pure romantic dining with special person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendstjp504Dined on 8/9/2014Great atmosphere and great food makes a great evening. Had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Not exaclty impressiveljfsevenDined on 7/26/2014We were sat at a wobbly table that instantly caused the incorrectly chosen vase for the oversized flowers to tip and spill water all over the table. One of our "clean" napkins had food on it. We were at least moved to a new table. We were told the bread pudding was excellent. I had them check to see if there was coconut in the dish as I am allergic, which solicited a visit to the kitchen. We were informed that I was good to go and then not even twenty minutes later that they were out of the dish. There were not many patrons in the restaurant, it should be obvious if you are going to be out of something in less than twenty minutes. The food we did have was nothing amazing except the Sauce Nouveau which was quite excellent.
- Nice Girls Out EveningLAT46Dined on 7/23/2014Was going to the theater so the staff was aware as there were other patrons in the restaurant as well attending the theater. Even though most tables were occupied courteous and prompt service was had. Food out quickly enough but no rushing. Free glass of wine or dessert was offered to theater patrons which I thought was a nice perk. Everone at our table was satisfied with the food.Special Features:
- Great Experience!Mimi0427Dined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at Malino's. Good food and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Milano reviews archive.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My husband and I went to Milano's to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. They had an excellent wine list and great service. The food was wonderful! My husband had a ribeye and it was cooked perfectly. We have already said we will be going back for our next date night. The restaurant also gave us a free dessert for our anniversary. It was very nice!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceBrunoDined on 5/17/2014I have yet to be disappointed. I love, dining at Milano's. The whole experience, from drinks to dessert is excellent. Just when I was so delighted with the taste of the dish I had ordered, the chef enters the room. I had the pleasure of telling him, how lovely the taste of his creation was. Thank you , Sammy. For bringing such a touch of class to our little town.Special Features:
- IdidreturnDined on 5/16/2014It's been 10 years since I last had dinner at Milano, I was surprised at the remodel, actually liked the old style it was more intermit. Food, for the most part, was very good, however the pork was over cooked and somewhat dry. The drinks were very good but my bill was padded with a top shelf, Crown Royal, liquor that I had not requested (charge removed). All in all a good experience and I would return.Special Features:
- Itaiian Louisiana SeafoodHADADDined on 3/28/2014Itaiian Louisiana Seafood very tasty. Nice varity of choices on the menu. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!Seahorse0719Dined on 2/15/2014Try the bacon wrapped duck for an appetizer. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was so-soNotamusedDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation for 8:45. We checked in at 8:40. Hostess says "the party at your table is almost finished, we will call you when they are done." Okay, cool! Next we gave our name to a man and he says " you can go wait in the bar, have some cocktails, and we will come find you." Okay, cool! What wasn't cool is that we say at said bar for over an hour waiting on our "almost" ready table! Not to mention people that arrived after us, were seated before us. The food wasn't bad, in fact it was pretty tasty, but it did NOT make up for the fact that I had Valentines day dinner at 10pm! The bartenders were lovely though!
- Nice Dining ExperienceLAT46Dined on 2/8/2014Nice relaxed atmosphere. Good food. Salad always fresh and cold, good dressing. Ate featured entree and dessert which change every couple weeks, excellent. Other dishes on menu I have eaten and like. Nice piano music to iisten to while dining. Server was personable and attentive. Later in the bar which is separate from the restaurant enjoyed listening to the music of a trio of experienced musicians which was excelent. Good wine list.Special Features:
- Dining is rescheduledCarolDined on 1/28/2014Lunch was cancelled due to weather closing of the restaurant. I am rescheduled to dine Monday 2/3/14 - and look forward to it as I have heard nothing but good things about Café Milano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday SurpriseGreatFoodWonderfulFriendsDined on 1/3/2014Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious! It made a wonderful evening with some great friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experiencesassygirlDined on 12/24/2013Kenneth, our server, was very attentive to details. He provided us with excellent service. The food was delicious. I could not have asked for a better experience for our office luncheon. I will definitely recommend the food and service to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Cafe Milano was a great choice for our wedding anniversary celebration ! My husband and I decided to go for an early dinner due to probable bad weather conditions and Christmas parties celebrations. Our dinner experience was great !! Excelent food, service, and ambience . We have already recommended Cafe Milano to our daughter's anniversary dinner as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambienceDiningwithluluDined on 12/3/2013Beautiful sophisticated decor. Great atmosphere for visiting without competing with other noises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary 2013jneiljrDined on 11/23/2013My wife and I were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary and decided to have dinner at Millano"s. Upon arriving I noticed that they had done some remodling. After we were seated and I had an opportunity to absorb it. I realized that the new look really was very romantic with a more modern decor and just enough of the old original building showing to give it a look that I really love. It was very quiet so my wife and I could talk to each other without shouting like at most of the resturants elsewhere. The service was excelent. Shannon our waitress was informative, honest and very charming. The food was outstanding as usual. I had the Millano Filet cooked medium and it just melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineBea2Dined on 8/29/2013Great food, great service. Have never been disappointed in either at Milano. Cool redesign as well.Special Features:
- Outstanding Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013Recently, we celebrated my daughters graduation from Nicholls State. I can say that my dining experience to celebrate this occasion could not have been better. Shannon, our waitress was outstanding with an incredible attitude and promptness. The piano guy supplied an atmosphere of perfection. The ambience was just right, and the decor made foe Judy's the setting we were looking for. As you can see, we simply could not have chosen a better place to celebrate a very special occasion. We are all still smiling about that night and how good of time we had. I really do want the staff and kitchen to know how awesome of an experience we had. It was absolutely a Five Star Experience foe us! Thanks to Milanos for a job well done !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphere,fooddudeDined on 5/3/2013Great food, great atmosphere, and great service! I took my girlfriend here for our 1 year anniversary, and we were both very pleased. I would definitely return to Milano in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE FOOD AND SERVICE WEREOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE EXCELLENT. THE PIANO PLAYER WAS VERY ACCOMPLISHED, BUT SUFFERED FROM THE HARD FLOORS AND WALLS WHICH CAUSED THE ACCOUSTICS TO BE LESS THAN DESIRABLE. THE PIANIST COULD NOT AVOID BEING TOO LOUD BECAUSE OF THE ACCOUSTICS. HE DID HIS BEST, BUT THE ECHOS AND REVERBERATION COULD NOT BE OVERCOME. CARPETING AND SOUND ABSORBANT MATERIAL ON THE WALLS WOULD REMEDY THE SITUATION. I UNDERSTAND FROM THE MANAGER THIS IS IN THE WORKS. STILL A FIVE STAR RESTAURANT!Special Features:
- Their website has a seasonalMartinVIPDined on 2/16/2013Their website has a seasonal menu on it which appears to be current. My wife and I were thinking about a particular entree on the menu and this is why we decided to eat there. When we arrived we were advised that their website was "under construction" which was not true since the website was fully functional and in fact was a different website than the old one (restaurant previously had a name change) meaning that it had in fact been updated and the menus was " winter" which it is. We were then advised that nothing on the seasonal menu was available. Their regular menu has only basic fare and is decent but unremarkable. We ate there anyway because it was too late to switch. Potential diners beware of a bait and switch issue with the menu.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I enjoyed the appetizer and main course. The steaks were up there with the best we have ever enjoyed. We don't dine out much , however, the meal we had valentines day was awesome. thanks MikeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful, romantic Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Have gone here many times. This last time was for a Valentine's date with my husband. The experience and food were wonderful, topped off with the soft music being played on the piano and the rose handed to me before we left. We had the 4 course dinner which was a great value. It included salad, soup and chicken parmisian for my husband, duck strips and pork medallions with asparagus for me, and a desert for each of us. We did have a bottle of wine that was pretty pricy but well worth it. All in all, it was a great night!Special Features:
- We had a nice evening! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012We had a nice evening! Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Food and service were excellent! The live music is really great, but was a little too loud at times. The manager Ken was very personable and made sure our experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful Romantic Dinner !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Me and my husband went for New Years Eve which was our Anniversary. It did take our server a minute to get to us, but the manager handled it well and after that we didn't have any problem with service. Management was excellent and took care of everything well ... serving staff is excellent and Edgar to help. The food is outstanding and I must say that I am now officially spoiled. I am not sure that I will ever be able to eat seafood anywhere else again. I must recommend the roasted oysters for an appetizer and the Seafood stuffed fish of the day. Also, the cheese cake with the almonds in the crust is INCREDIBLE! I cannot wait to go back :)Special Features:
- My husband's steak was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012My husband's steak was very good. My meal was quite bland [ seafood cabonara] ] the soup crab corn was very good.Special Features:
- The food was uninspired.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2012The food was uninspired. I was not happy with my entree (carbonara Pasta).
- Was somewhat pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Was somewhat pleased with our recent visit, the service was on the slow side, Me and the wife both ordered stakes and for an additional charge went to the four corse meal, soup (steak & tomatoe) was excellent, Milano salad very pleasing & tasty, I ordered my "MILANO RIBEYE" Medium, there was no pink to be found, was a little on the dry side, wife ordered Fillet Medium well, well done and dry, desert was taken to go, eaten later and was found very tasty, service was slow had a table of four can in after us and had all the orders taken and served before we would get ours, yes the meal was OK but nothing to brag about. Was not overwelhwmed with the seating arrangement.If recommeneded would be clear to state our past dining experience
- Put it back the way it was!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012This was out first time dining since the renovation. The decor is nice and bright, but not very cozy and inviting. The service was mediocre. The food was good, but far from excellent. The prices were very high considering the quality and the portions were average. Was horrified to see appetizers that were up to $16 - REALLY??? If you didn't have the money to pay for the renovation, then you should have left it like it was. We liked it MUCH better before the change.
- We were a tad bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012We were a tad bit disappointed with our experience since the new ownership. We really miss the ambience of the old dining room. Though we are part of the younger crowd, the new modern decor just doesnt fit old Houma. In addition, the flounder dish was begging for seasoning and a sauce! The chef should have never sent a plate out the kitchen with burnt asparagus. I have to say that the original menu still exists and I hope they never change it. The duck strips and sauce were the highlite of the meal. In addition, the seafood stuffed tilapia was perfectly cooked and seasoned accordingly. Overall, we expected more from one of two dishes than what was presented.Special Features:
- Atmosphere was elegant andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2012Atmosphere was elegant and wait staff very accommodating.Special Features:
- It's hard to go eat at a resterauntOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012It's hard to go eat at a resteraunt that you have Monday night reservations at when the resteraunt is not open on Monday's. Thank you for allowing me to make a reservation on a night that they are not open. Much appreciated.
- Milano is a very clean andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Milano is a very clean and diverse restaurant. The food was delicious and the wine selection was vast. The service was great. Price was high on everything, but worth it. Overall a pleasure!Special Features:
- Wonderful for special occassionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012We had such a wonderful dinner, it was our anniversary and wanted a special evening..... and we found it at Milano's. The food was exquisite and couldn't have asked for better service. The waitress was knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- We were disappointed to seeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012We were disappointed to see the beautiful decor replaced by heaps of cream paint.Special Features: