Milano - Latham NY
594 New Loudon Road
Latham, NY 12110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Milano - Latham NY
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milano-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (518) 783-3334
- Hours of Operation:
Get Happy! Drink, Wine & Dine Happy Hour Monday - Saturday 3pm - 6pm
Sunday (Dinner) 5 - 9pm
Monday 1130am - 9pm
Tuesday 1130am - 10pm
Wednesday 1130am - 10pm
Thursday 1130am - 10pm
Friday 1130am - 1030pm
Saturday 12pm - 1030pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Darves- Bornoz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Unique Catering offers off premise catering for corporate events, weddings, showers and private in home parties.
A word from Milano - Latham NY
Distinctive Northern Italian cuisine, served in an atmosphere of casual elegance. While dining in the Bistro setting, enjoy fresh homemade pasta, grilled seafood, poultry, veal specialties, and wood fired gourmet pizzas from the open-air kitchen. Indulge yourself with one of our signature desserts, gelato or pastries. Innovative daily specials are offered with both the Lunch and Dinner menu. A knowledgeable and courteous staff will guide you through our award winning wine list that boasts over 180 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Milano - Latham NY - Best Restaurants in Latham ›
Milano - Latham NY reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (18)special occasion (17)good for groups (15)romantic (15)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Live and learnmaxoccupancyDined on 11/8/2014I can say I have been there. I can also say I will not be there again. There is nothing more to say.
- nice but not greatGFdinerDined on 10/25/2014First impression, very pretty, liked the bar and the surroundings inside. We were sat in a corner table on back wall. This was the kind of table where the back bench is shared with the next table. I hate this kind of seating. it is too close to your neighbor and lacks any kind of privacy. Secondly waiter was fine, but nothing more than sufficient. She took orders and checked on us once. Thats it. Seemed hurried. All food was good, I ordered the gluten free seafood pasta dish. Seafood was plenty and done well. The gluten free pasta however was hard and sticky. All food was good, portions small. Cesare salad was romaine w/thick "ceasare" dressing. No anchovies were found but they were stated in menu. Expected an authentic salad for $9.95.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!SienaMom60Dined on 10/11/2014This is our second time to Milano and again were not disappointed. Fantastic food, great service. A bit noisy for our in-laws that were with us, but it was a lovely lively scene. My only request is to offer a few more assorted wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!BobbyVIPDined on 10/2/2014Milano is a fun restaurant. Rob was our humorous and quite solicitous waiter. He kept us on our toes with his attention, and left us lacking for nothing -- some places favor a team approach, Rob covered everything for us. The kitchen is fun to watch as you dine, with the team of chefs in constant motion. The front of the dining room can be a bit noisy when the bar is busy, but considering the size of the place, it's remarkable that they seat so many at a time. Clearly very popular, do make reservations to ensure your table. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014We always enjoy Milano. The food is excellent, and our server Lindsay was a delight!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!3SkiersDined on 9/13/2014Great dinner at Milano Saturday night! The Mussels app was outstanding, loved the hint of fennel. Next time over pasta! Also loved the Linguine w Artichokes, roasted tomatoes, spinach & pesto. I added shrimp & it was delicious! Finished with the Semi-Freddo dessert & espresso, soo good. Love the bar area renovation, we'll request a table in the bar nxt time!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The arancini appetizer was fine but nothing impressive. The roasted duck was a perfect medium rare, as ordered, but tasted dry and flavorless, good thing there was a sauce and the figs that accompanied were good. The veal had no lemon flavor whatsoever and tasted too much of the alcohol of the wine. Veal is supposed to be mild flavored, but the sauce is what the dish is all about. Instead I felt that what I could mostly taste was the batter on the veal and the alcohol in the white wine. The angel hair pasta was stuck to itself. The semi-freddo was good. The honey basil gelato was good. The special lemon-ricotta-pistachio was too hard/icy for gelato and it was all hard to eat with the oily tasting deep fried wafer that surrounded it.
- Great food, atmosphereDelectableDinerDined on 9/8/2014Milano, though tucked into a quaint strip mall, delivered a wonderful atmosphere and even better food in an otherwise surprising location. The menu is extensive and constantly changing, accompanied by a delicious wine list and large bar. And service was quiet, allowing our party to enjoy our meals without feeling rushed or watched over. I would highly recommend this for a terrific date spot or a great place to celebrate a long week at the office. Milano delivered on all levels.Special Features:
- Milano'soldfriendfavoriteDined on 8/31/2014We adore dining at Milano's they food selections are amazing and very pleasing to the palate. I would encourage the chef to bring back their amazing sea bass - and they use to serve their Crème Brulee warm. It is actually the best in the area - but it was cold.Special Features:
- Delicious and delightful!BabsDined on 8/26/2014What a lovely meal and pleasing atmosphere! Food was superlative from plating to taste. The wait staff are friendly and respectful, knowledgeable and not intrusive. They truly want you to enjoy the experience. As always the halibut is the best - tastey with an amazing texture. The lemon marscapone tart is truly to die for! I love sharing this spot with friends and family - never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Service was slow....from drinks, apps, dinner, to dessert. Food was good except Cesear Salad was soggy. not sure if it was because there was too much salad dressing or if it was laying out for too long. Overall, the experience was pretty good - just quicker service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choice in LathamJaneVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a very good experience at Milano. The service was terrific and the location is perfect. It's probably the best restaurant in the immediate area which makes it a clear choice for locals. The wine list is exceptional with many good "wines by the glass" available. The arancini appetizer was delicious. The pasta dishes could have been hotter. They were closer to room-temp when we go them but the taste was terrific.Special Features:
- Perfect!SueSueDined on 8/16/2014Milano is not a restaurant one thinks of for lunch, rather, as a great spot for dinner. What a wonderful choice we made in trying them out for lunch. The prices are very reasonable! Our food was delicious. I loved my spinach pasta with scallops, shrimp and mussels in a white wine sauce. Yum! My scallop was huge...and perfectly cooked. I was given a very generous portion of shrimp and tons of mussels. And the pasta! Amazing. The only thing I might suggest is perhaps serving bread.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingLibrisDined on 8/8/2014We have been coming here for several years when we visit Saratoga Racetrack during the summer. This year we were traveling with friends and they enjoyed it just as much as we do. The chef accommodated a special request for one of our party and we were very grateful. Our table was ready right on time and the food was wonderful as usual. We look forward to returning next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaioCaioDined on 8/1/2014I have been coming to this establishment for many years. The menu has been maintained with unique dishes not found in Italian restaurants. I call it continental and delicious. Our server this past time was outstanding.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the Milano - Latham NY reviews archive.
- Parents night outLongislandmomDined on 7/25/2014We had the opportunity to sit outside / which was very romantic & private . The service & food was out of this world . Coming from Long Island we wanted a resturant we could enjoy & remember . Sadly we had to move inside after our meal due to the fact a couple decided to bring there very active 3/4 yr old & sit right next to us . Spilling his glass of water / bouncing & climbing all over the couch. Personally I think if you are going to have kids welcome at this age they should be a designated seating arrangement . As we proudly have 3 kids ourselves, at one point it felt as if we went to a kid friendly resturant like ruby Tuesdays. Thankfully Milanos amazing staff & food made up for our minor distraction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable mealjohnbachelDined on 7/16/2014This is one of our favorite local restaurants, offering reliably good food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- neighborhood gem2citizenshipsVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had dinner here on our way to the Paul McCartney concert. We had the choice of dining inside or al fresco. We chose al fresco. So what it's a parking lot. It was a beautiful night for dinging outside. I had a seafood special and loved it. The waitress was very friendly and reminded us of the time so we wouldn't be late for our concert. White wine was great and so was the red (pricy though). Overall great experience. If we were locals, we'd be regulars!Special Features:
- Excellent foodSMILINGRAYDined on 7/1/2014Four of us met for diner around 5:30 pm on a Tuesday night. It wasn't very crowded until we were leaving. I had the haddock special that was cooked to perfection. I really liked the portion size. Just enough to fill you up but not make you feal uncomfortable. Only one of us had left over to take home. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemRNatLunchDined on 6/24/2014We visited early on a Tuesday on our way through town, so the restaurant was mostly empty when we arrived. We were seated at a table where I was completely blinded by the afternoon sun, and at my request were moved immediately and with apologies. Our server was polite and attentive, with a demeanor to match the best in any major city despite the fact we were in a store front restaurant in a small town. The food was very very good. I haven't had a meal prepared that well in a long time. I had heard the food was good, but I did not anticipate how superior it truly was. Quality ingredients, appropriate portions, good combinations of flavors and textures made for an excellent meal. I would recommend them to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Overall excellent dining experience. Service friendly, attentive not overbearing. Lovely decor, sophisticated but not overdone. Chefs skills and creativity are superior.Special Features:
- DecorDined on 6/12/2014Love the new open décor - very nice. My group has been there a few times for lunch and both times have had a scrumptious lunch. Will definitely be back. Service was very courteous too.Special Features:
- Loved it!TbalzrDined on 6/8/2014Went on Sunday night - 25% off bottles of wine (nice surprise) Kids loved their chicken Parmesan. Our meals were great and the portion size was perfect. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-soovercookedDined on 6/8/2014We thought the food was good but not exceptional. The restaurant was fairly noisy. We waited too long for our salad to arrive. We didn't have a negative experience, but we thought the prices were a bit high for what we got.
- Well prepared, generous portionsSteveBVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was our second visit and we remain very impressed with the food and the surroundings. Given its "strip mall" location it is even more impressive. The four of us shared an appetizer so we would have room for our meals, which was still a challenge. The regular size pizza was still too much with 2 pieces left over for later. The special desserts were all wonderful. Go!Special Features:
- ebcmanebcmanDined on 5/17/2014Love the new decor. Enjoyed the food. Patio area needs some privacy hedges (artificial) so one is not sitting in the parking lot!Special Features:
- Another great experiencemusicmanDined on 5/10/2014We dine here fairly often and have never had a bad experience. We started with the bruschetta sampler plate: Tomato/Pesto & Parmesan, Fig Jam/Gorgonzola & Arugula and Mushroom/Truffle Pesto with Chèvre - a wonderful start to the meal. We enjoyed an excellent glass of SANTI SORTESELE PINOT GRIGIO 2012 – VENETO. Nate is always charming and the service is always professional and friendly.Special Features:
- great night out with friendsMarilynDined on 5/6/2014Celebrated my friend's birthday Tuesday night with a wonderful meal at Milano. Excellent food and expectional service. Angie was great! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner20thCelebrationDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I went to Milano to celebrate our 20th anniversary (as well as our first date there!) and had an excellent dinner. We were actually lucky enough to get the same seat we had when we had our first date there, which made things all the more special. The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. My wife had veal scallopini and I had shrimp/pasta dish. I asked to have scallops added to my dish and the server was more than willing to accommodate me...a sign of a restaurant that knows how to do things. Milano is definitely a must for a) romantic dining and b) for fine Northern Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently very goodCharlesVIPDined on 4/30/2014Full dinner or just a pizza and wine - Milano's is always good. Our favorite local place for dinner.Special Features:
- TR's Saturday Night Review ItalianoTR1reviewDined on 4/26/2014The Mussels were great- Plump and tasty. The shrimp- scallop linguine in a white wine sauce-excellent. Very nice, on-tap beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MilanoAnnieDined on 4/26/2014Always great to dine at Milano's. The service can't be beat and the food is always prepared to our specific requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, slower, slowestwrightguysDined on 4/21/2014I took at client to Milano on Monday for lunch. It was only moderately busy. My client ordered a cobb salad; I ordered a portobello burger. 35 minutes went by with no word from the server, no refills on drinks, nothing. My client summoned the waitress who told her that our food would "be right out," without even checking in the kitchen. Another ten minutes went by with no word and no food. Finally, I told the waitress that we had been waiting for 45 minutes. She acted annoyed, but went to the kitchen and returned with our food (which was totally unremarkable, by the way). They did eventually offer us free desserts, but we did not have time to order or enjoy them. A total disappointment and embarrassment for a business lunch.
- Everything was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014My meal was very flavorful and fresh. I hadn't seen my friend in over 1 year so we appreciated the servers ability to let us take our time. She was excellent. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the renovations, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Love the renovations, very disappointed in the Food. I got a veal dish, and you could barely Find the meat. I would probably give it another Try as I really liked the new look.
- Conditantly greatragweedVIPDined on 4/6/2014Excellent food. Good service. The food is consistently good at each time we've gone to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathy's CommentsKCdiningDined on 4/2/2014Wonderful food and always fresh and unique. We love Milano!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menuCharlesVIPDined on 3/23/2014We dine here frequently. Really like the changes to the restaurant / bar and particularly the revised menu. Don't be afraid to order the pizza special - in our case pizza with scallops. Excellent We'll be backSpecial Features:
- hostOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Host was VERY busy--hosting, serving food, answering questions. Things seemed a bit disorganized. Once seated service was terrific.
- Great Italian FlavorSteveBVIPDined on 3/11/2014Nestled in a somewhat nondescript strip mall, this is a wonderful spot with a wide variety of pasta, meat, fish and pizza dishes and a nice daily specials sheet. Save room for desert. We expected Italian music in the background but it was Sinatra era band music, but no matter, it was not too loud to disturb conversation. Service was attentive but not disruptive. An inviting bar greets as you enter, if you are so inclined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.