231 S College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milanoinn.com/
- Phone: 3172643585x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 .p.m -
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John White
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: The Milano Inn offers catering for any type of event. You can choose from our classic Italian menu or let us know what you would like to be served at your event and we will do our best to cater to your particular needs. We also offer a very affordable take out menu to meet the need of any size group.
- Private Party Facilities: The Milano Inn houses 6 private dining rooms with sizes ranging from 16 - 140 of your guests. It is the perfect setting for Rehearsal Dinners, Corporate Events, Family Gatherings and everything in between. Most of our rooms are free of charge when your groups dines with us. However, there is a minimum amount depending on the day of the week, and the time of year. We have private parking as well so, no need to worry about the hassles of parking meters or garages.
- Private Party Contact: Tim McCauley 3172643585x
- Entertainment: Bocci Ball Courts Available, and we are pet friendly on our new outdoor patio.
A word from Milano Inn
The Milano Inn has been proudly serving Indianapolis and Family Owned since 1934. We offer Classic Italian cuisine in a casual setting. Choose from many dining choices. Including our Main Dining room surrounded by a mural depicting the "Liberation of Rome" dating back to 1947, or our newly renovated Court Yard with spectacular views of the Indianapolis skyline. The Milano Inn also offers Private Dining Space with room sizes ranging from 16 - 140 of your guests. There is always a perfect room for your Rehearsal Dinner, Company Events, or simply a small Family Gathering. The sky is the limit when it comes to your dining options with The Milano Inn. We look forward to seeing you and your guests soon and often.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Milano Inn - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Milano Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (34)good for groups (33)special occasion (31)romantic (23)fit for foodies (20)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)Show More
- Solid and consistentJanieDined on 9/14/2014We were at the Milano Inn for a late (8:00) dinner on a Sunday night. It was quiet, the food was good (I love the panko-crusted grouper), and the waiter was very good. Overall, an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great work group spotOpentablefriendVIPDined on 9/11/2014Celebrated a work group birthday, and it was great! Service was wonderful, fresh drinks provided, great food and separate checks provided with a smile! Very happy with our event at Milano and we will be back!Special Features:
- Great hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014First visit will definitely not be our last. The food was fantastic. We have never had a better marinara sauce. The staff was very friendly, and our waitress was very attentive and responsive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeDined on 9/5/2014I had the veal picatta...it was very tough and chewy....won't be backSpecial Features:
- First Date 24 years agoFirstDateDined on 9/5/2014We came to Milano Inn 24 years ago and we still come back a couple times a year. We liked the old atmosphere better because it was very romantic. We do like the new atmosphere as it has an outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicebillbDined on 8/30/2014As always, one of the best values for Devour Downtown. The food is fantastic and the service is always great! A large party was seated near us but we still received excellent, attentive service.Special Features:
- luvpastaInIndyDined on 8/23/2014always always good food and friendly staff, on our last visit our waiter seemed a bit preoccupied perhaps he had had a bad day, but other than having to ask for a couple of things twice he was very politeSpecial Features:
- Great ValueDevourDivaDined on 8/22/2014The food was exceptional, service was a bit slow when we arrived, but restaurant was busy. Absolutely great value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivinedaydreamerDined on 8/22/2014Every bite was absolutely delicious, our server was very friendly, and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Worst restaurant experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014Poor service...manager had very poor attitude and no understanding of customer service...crude outburst by servers when we left the restaurant...will not return.
- Another great dining experienceMilanoDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed another great dining experience at Milano's 2014 Puppies & Pasta gathering to benefit ICAN. Truly appreciate Milano Inn partnering with this great organization and for their financial support of the service dog training program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milano Inngalabouttown2Dined on 8/16/2014The food was yummy and arrived in just the right amount of time. The lemon chicken piccata was prepared just right. Not dry, not runny juicy. The house salad dressing was good my dining companion stated. The sausage soup was nice and spicey for me. We didn't have any wine since we were headed to the football game but the list on choices seemed more than adequate. It's been several years since I was at Milano and some upgrades to the decor were evident. Nice. Especially the outdoor area.Special Features:
- Great Place to Dine2014likemracingDined on 8/13/2014Really enjoy going to Milano Inn, food, service is always out of this world! I love that you can make reservations unlike so many other places!Special Features:
- Nothing wrong with tradition!flamingofanVIPDined on 8/13/2014I LOVE the Milano Inn and the new outdoor dining space is wonderful. The wait staff was very patient as 13 women ordered wine, and appetizers, dinners, and desserts. They were lovely with allowing us to have separate bills. The prosciutto wrapped bread sticks are great for sharing. Many of us had take home boxes - - but we also had dessert! Chicken Vicky is still a favorite but the Rosemary Chicken Lasagna is worth every cheesy bite. We will return.Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyinfrequentdinerDined on 8/12/2014The meal was quite good - Veal dishes were very pleasing and pasta was hot. There were several large groups so it was noisy. We were seated in front of the waitress station which was unnecessary and extra noisy when bottles were thrown into the trash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDanJ1966Dined on 8/5/2014I had a great time and overall a good meal and the service was good. I always enjoy the Milano Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & a great causeIAFPattendeeDined on 8/3/2014The salad & entrees were wonderful ( except pastry was as hard as a rock). Great decor & service. Happen to be there when a charity dining event for dogs was happening - added plus. Nice ourdoir seating with a view. Will stop by again when in Indy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anohter great dining experienceMilanoDined on 8/1/2014Another great dining experience at Milano Inn. New server, Lisa, was great. Treated our granddaughter, Grace. like she was the most important customer in the world. Looking forward to our next visit to Milano Inn and recommending to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milano Inn is the bestMarkDined on 7/26/2014We are return regularly to the Milano Inn and have yet to be disappointed. The service and food are always excellent and we already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine !!!!!BigAl78Dined on 7/26/2014Greeted with smiles and warm feeling created from all the smiling people!!! our surver was amazing and made our experiance very enjoyable and everyone in our party of four meals your fantastic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceluv2eatgoodfoodDined on 7/25/2014The food was superb; service was excellent. Noise level was too loud at times though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Always a favorite when we dine downtown. And we love to introduce friends (who have never been) to Milano Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining @ Milano Inn is always greatMilanoDined on 7/8/2014From the moment you walk into Milano Inn, you are welcomed as a friend and family. Then the dining experience begins. Wonderful and knowledgable servers enhance your experience with recommendations and excellent service. The food is always great and, in typical Italian fashion, generous portions. Don't hesitate to visit Milano Inn for "no special occassion" other than great dining in Indy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014We tried Milano Inn for the first time this week. We dined on a Monday following a holiday weekend, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. We sat outside and the view of downtown was beautiful. We started with a Calamari appetizer, shared the house bottle of wine, split and entree and were STUFFED for $50. Our waitress was wonderful and we had a great experience. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Good for, nice priceTrueDined on 7/5/2014We went there for an early dinner. Food was very tasty and the service was good. I think if they would have been more busy the wait for our entrees would have been a lot longer, so we were glad we went when we did. We took home our leftovers, and they were just as flavorful the next day!Special Features:
- Remodeled look is great!!!JimBDined on 6/28/2014the place was great, new look and food as usual was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014Went for dinner on a Wednesday. Was not very busy son it was nice and quiet. Food was excellent. Salads were fresh, bread was very good, and the entrees came out quickly and were fresh and hot. Food was full of flavor and portions were fairly large, especially for the price. Prices were reasonable, bill was much lower than expected for what we received. Service was attentive and friendly without being obtrusive. They have recently added a very nice outdoor garden dining area with views of the city. A great family owned place and a real hidden gem. I highly recommend Milano Inn for authentic, home cooked quality Italian dining. I felt like I was back at grandma's house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLindaDined on 6/16/2014The food selection was great. We ate outside on the patio and enjoyed the view and nice weather. Service was good. Would recommend and will return.Special Features:
- Gary9113VIPDined on 6/15/2014Asa always food and service were great. The fettuccine was great as was the spaghetti and meatballs. Our server, while young, was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Great Italian DinnerJeremySDined on 6/13/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner and wanted some good Italian food. Milano Inn didn't disappoint. We've had bad service experiences at some of the other Italian places in town but had a great experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentLoveLeeshotspotsDined on 6/13/2014I've hae hosted two big events at the Milono Inn and had several business and regular dining visits and they never seem to disapoint. Recently, I host a high school senior luncheon in the room connected to the courtyard. It was absolutely wonderful from the view, to the service, and the food made people hum out loud as they ate. I recommend this place. Its a little bit of history that few people in Indianapolis know about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodstuff4uDined on 6/7/2014It was a fine evening to sit outside. Nolan, who waited on us did an outstanding job and had a great sense of humor. The food, while tasty, was not outstanding. Still, a good bargain for the volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Milano Inn reviews archive.
- A nice experienceArjayfonDined on 5/17/2014We were passing through Indianapolis and wasn't sure where to have a nice dinner. We decided on the Millano Inn and were quite pleased. The service was good and the food tasty albeit a bit too hearty/heavy for Italian. All in all, a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- He wanted Italian foodgoodstuff4uDined on 5/16/2014I had a friend come to Indianapolis for a conference and he wanted Italian food. He was staying at the J.W. Marriott and I had not eaten at the Milano Inn for several years. I was able to make reservations within a short window, we arrived and were served immediately. The food was wonderfully prepared and the wine tasty. We were able to talk business without being rushed or hurried. It happened that the next day was his birthday. I told the hostess and he was treated to dessert when our meal was finished. An excellent experience for us both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everSophieDined on 5/13/2014We used to eat at Milano Inn years ago, but hadn't returned since they remodeled and changed the menu. The spaghetti and meatballs was better than ever with a great marinara sauce. The remodeled interior is modern and elegant, even the restroom was updated. We will definitely become regulars again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College grad dinnerSueCDined on 5/11/2014We started out with 6 but only 4 could make this special occasion dinner celebrating the hard work of our IU Kelley School of Business graduate daughter. Service was excellent and food even better...all later in the evening on a very busy Mother's Day you had. You could not tell anyone was as tired from the day as we are sure they felt. Excellent category for fine Italian dining!! I'm sure we will be back for many other family celebrations and tell all our friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply greatButchDined on 5/11/2014Best Italian in Indy!!!!!!!!! with Iria's and Milano Inn back to back you cant go wrong!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Milano standard.IrishPopeDined on 5/11/2014Would have liked to order from menu. Buffet we were told was only option. While we still were there other diners ordered from menus. Buffet item's were limited also toward the end. Malino is a place we visit often. This was the first time we were somewhat disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely anniversary occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We celebrated our 40th anniversary at Milanos. It was a special place for us when we were dating and we wanted to return. The interior has been renovated and it is much more upscale, but the food was delicious and our server, Darrell, was friendly and efficient. We won't wait very long to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedFantasticDined on 5/10/2014The food is splendid every time, never disappointed. This is the place to go for great Italian dishes and a pleasant atmosphere. Service is always good and the staff is very friendly. I wanted my favorite Shells Florentine with Alfredo sauce, but didn't see it on the lunch menu this past time I went, but they made if for me anyway. In fact, they made if for the entire table of ladies I was with. !! Talk about pleasing the customer!! Job well done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.