Milagro on Yonge
3187 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON M4N 2K9Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
MexicanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Milagro on Yonge
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.milagrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4164872855
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Tuesday: 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Wednesday: Lunch 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM, Dinner 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Thursday: Lunch 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM, Dinner 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Friday: Lunch 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM, Dinner 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Saturday: Brunch 11:00 AM to 4:00, Dinner 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Sunday: Brunch 11:00 AM to 4:00, Dinner 4:00 PM to 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Arturo Anhalt - Owner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Milagro
- Public Transit: Yone university subway line, get off on Lawrence Station, walk north on east side of Yonge Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking available on Yong St. Green P Parking lot located across ther street from Milagro on Bedford Park 1/2 block east of Yonge St.
A word from Milagro on Yonge
Milagro is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & has been featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, Women"s Post, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & mano others.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Milagro on Yonge - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Milagro on Yonge reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (10)great for lunch (8)romantic (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Enjoyable second visit!MarkDined on 9/20/2014Prompt, pleasant service; tasty food that is a nice alternative to Tex Mex and a great drinks menu. We'll definitely return for a third time.Special Features:
- Look Elsewhere!foodietown2313Dined on 9/13/2014Awful experience. Ruined my birthday. Subpar food, horrid staff. Total fail. Stay away.
- Good Food OverallIheartfoodDined on 9/13/2014Everyone in my party had tacos and really enjoyed them. The rice was very dry and bland and the refried beans were salty but tasty. The music upstairs was very loud but was fine once the restaurant filled up. Overall we all enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food is yummy. Guacamole is sooo good. Chicken enchiladas are so good. Have been many times and will be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to be with friendsDiningwHenriVIPDined on 9/4/2014Met a friend for lunch - great food & drinks and mindful service that made our lunchtime fabulous!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceWineandinemeDined on 7/27/2014Me and a friend had come on a not so busy night, waited almost 25 mins to get our order taken, food came about 20 after that, it was amazing, and they were quick to get us the bill...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014This is the third restaurant that we tried out for Summerlicious. I am quite disappointed on the food portion......its really small.
- Authentic & energeticlovefoodDined on 7/19/2014Great place to check out. I think we will be going back numerous times. Our meals were very authentic tasting, great flavour and heat. All different groups seemed to fit in perfectly; a family with 3 kids, a couple having a nice night out, and group of young adults recalling the Blue Jays game they just attended. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlovetoeatDined on 7/18/2014We had a great time, the food was good. The environment was great as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milagro MidtownCodyDined on 7/18/2014We frequent Milagro because the food is very tasty, well priced and it's in the neighbourhood. Did I mention the mojitos? Fabulous! We love sharing the tortilla appetizers and the La Vida cerviche - everything is fresh and delicious. It's a really enjoyable restaurant with a great vibe in a central location.Special Features:
- Overpriced DinnerAmarcordDined on 7/15/2014As part of Summerliscious, we had dinner with friends at Milagro. We enjoyed the Margheritas and friendly service but not the food. Milagro's focus is on large quantity of foods rather than quality. As you enter, there is bowl of lollipops and burned candles in Mateus wine bottles. The wooden tables and chairs are close to each other. The noise level is high making it difficult to have conversations. The food and ambiance make it a fun stop for large groups but not for dinner with friends. For $45. per person without drinks, you can find much better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- I Love Milagro!LULUTorontoDined on 7/14/2014Everything is fresh, delicious, and authentic. Service is always impecible. Great for dinner, drinks, appetizers, you name it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryluvthisplaceVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place is a must try. I frequent this restaurant often with friends and love to stop in for some great food. Best Burritos and Guacamole!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFoodie00Dined on 7/9/2014Service was pretty bad. Extremely loud and felt like a cafeteria.no music playing in background. They don't do separate bills. Couldn't tell who worked there - no uniforms. Food was authentic but bland maybe for western taste buds and the mole sauce was disgusting.
- Mexican at its bestDotsDined on 7/8/2014We have now been to both the location on younge, and mercer and I am yet to be disappointed! This is by far the most delicious Mexican food I have ever had, and I have tried quite a few other places. Super consistent between both places, and service was amazing. Summerlicious menu was also well constructed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful from start to finishYongestreetdinerDined on 7/5/2014Long delay in service, no free chips and salsa, oddly salty salad that was not edible, dried out rice, underwhelming basic food that arrived cold, forgot beverages, dated dirty decor. Manager could care less about customer service. Would never recommend this establishment. The prices are extremely high without merit. Drinks are ridiculously priced and out of line. A bit if a dilusional place.Special Features:
- angadDined on 7/4/2014The beauty of this restaurant is in the variety of settings it encompasses - I can see myself there on a date, with my parents, or celebrating a birthday. The staff is incredibly friendly and amicable, knowledgeable about the menu, and the menu packed with delicious food. This restaurant would flourish in any location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!soufflegrlDined on 7/4/2014We came here for summerlicious and it was really good. I was thoroughly impressed. For the lunch menu, you get quite a lot of food. The choices for appetizers, main course and dessert were awesome and there was a lot to choose from. The staff were extremely attentive too. Overall, definitely recommend if you are a fan of Mexican food. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Good food, but very slow serviceMaamsayVIPDined on 7/3/2014My entire immediate family, including 2 children dined at the Yonge St location early on a Thursday evening (6pm). We were one of the first guests. The food was quite good, though not as good as some of the Mexican food I am familiar with in San Francisco, but good all the same. Drinks: sangria, margaritas and micheladas were only average. However, the service was very, and I mean very, slow. We were not the only table to complain about this that evening. This is the primary reason for the poor rating.
- Delicious dinner at Milagro!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014I have been to Milagro twice now, and both times had a delicious meal that was flavourful, beautifully presented, and well-priced. Excellent choice in the Yonge & Lawrence area. The owner is friendly, welcoming, and passes by each table to check in and say "hi". Overall Impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad!!FoodieDined on 6/11/2014Terrible Sangria. Undrinkable! Food was not appetizing. Meat was tough. The waiter even told us the drink and food choices he didn't like.
- Terrific food but too loudLuvGudFoodDined on 6/6/2014A return visit for a Friday reservations and its very busy. Our pleasant hostess had our table ready, on-time. Superb Octopus ceviche. Agave Flight (De Lujo) was very good but skimpy on quantity. Mojito (La Dama) though tasty & refreshing lacked any 'punch'. Stellar tacos (La Pastor) - great texture, flavour and kick all nicely presented. Desserts were just the right amount of sweet to end the meal. The ambiance was overly 'boisterous' making it difficult to hold a conversation. Unfortunately since they DO NOT split bills (or separate bills as I was told...read fine print on their website), Milagro is no longer my first choice for (terrific) Mexican food. Yes I will return, but not as quick as I used to (too noisy and no bill-splitting).Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the Milagro on Yonge reviews archive.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014We went to Milagro on a Saturday evening. We were seated upstairs, and the service, although friendly, was slow and inattentive. They seemed to be understaffed for the number of diners. The food was reasonably good, but because of delays, and missing some items, the overall experience was mediocre. We will not go back.
- Milagros on yongeLuv2dineDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I love this place. We come back again and again for the amazing service and even better food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to be.satchDined on 5/23/2014It has gine WAY downhill as of late. Service was terrible 25 minutes before a drink order was even taken. 3 times they brought us the wrong food. Meal was not great at all, won't be back.
- Consistently deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Stumbled across the Yonge location between a wedding and reception.. Had some delicious guacamole and even better ceviche. Have been back several times since, and took some friends there on Sat. Everyone had, and loved, something different. Service was good and fun, even tho the place was packed. Really yummy Mexican food. Btw... We drive from Newmarket to go there, so it isn't just around the corner for us. Small, pretty noisy when crowded, so if you're looking for quiet, don't come at dinnerSpecial Features:
- GREAT PLACEluv2trynewrestosVIPDined on 5/2/2014A group of us get together every now and then and try new places. We found this one on Open Table. We loved everything about the place. The food, the Margarita's , the service, the ambiance...Didn't make it to the main course. The tapas were amazing. the fish taco was my favourite. Would definatly go back again. Oh and easy street parking was a bonus :)Special Features:
- Delicious and AuthenticDerrettDined on 4/26/2014It was my first time to Milagro north for dinner with my wife. It's a smaller feel than downtown but the food and service are the same - delicious and authentic. The rocks margaritas was unforgettable. Enjoy!~Special Features:
- Best meal and service in a whilemeeaghanDined on 4/20/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday and for his first ever taco. They had options for mojitos that I had never even heard of but would have gladly tried them all! Great seafood options with the perfect amount of spice. Not only all of this, but to boot the service was excellent. Our server was ready with suggestions and even a half bowl of chips when I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted more. All in all, really great. Really really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uptown MexicanKristaDined on 4/12/2014It's nice to not have to drive downtown our to parkdale for decent Mexican food. We were pleasantly surprised how good the tacos were. The service was also very good. I wasn't a fan of the margarita but the food and overall experience made up for it. We'll be going back!Special Features:
- Best Authentic Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014The best guacamole in the city hands down. It is creamy, luscious and light. Their Mole Poblano was excellent. And their tortilla reminded me of Cozumel - exact same in flavour, sizing and presentation. Would highly recommend Milagros for their authentic menu. The atmosphere was cozy and kid friendly too. The staff were all very helpful and their description of their foods was bang on.Special Features:
- Great food and staff - high pricesfiftyeightDined on 4/4/2014The food and staff were great but the high prices (2 orders of tacos, 2 mains and 4 drinks) keep this from becoming a regular spot. Drinks are fantastic, try something that might be new to you off the menu like the michelada or the macho mojito.Special Features:
- Amazing queso fundido!!SugarnspiceDined on 3/29/2014The first time we dined here we enjoyed the food coz we ordered only appetizers and tacos. Iwe still enjoyed the queso fundido and will come back for it but our main entrees didn 't meet our expectations. Would not recommend the ahi tuna. There's no mexican twist other than the avocado at the side.Special Features:
- Wrong choicesJRdinesDined on 3/22/2014I've been a few times now and always enjoyed it. I think our own menu choices left something to be desired for our friends that were not huge fans of mexican cuisine to begin with. Overall - I still like the place and the food. La Rosarita taco - the best !I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 4th time back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2014The food is great. Fresh & top quality ingredients, in a very diverse Mexican menu. So many varied options that I sometimes just order 3 or 4 appetizers instead of a single entree. It is not in my neighbourhood, nor is the downtown location. BUT I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Tough to findshelovesmexicanDined on 3/15/2014My wife loves Mexican food and we e have been to several places but this little place surprised us. Loved the extra kick in the food and service wasn't that badSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backTequilsONeilsDined on 3/15/2014Milagro is always a good time. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The food is always fresh and full of flavour. I just wish the menu rated how spicy some dishes are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFabforlifeVIPDined on 2/22/2014Their tacos are not as tasty as seven lives, I find mine dry and bland. But service is good though.Special Features:
- Bad serviceCheryl1981Dined on 2/15/2014The food was okay, definitely not even close to the best Mexican I've had in Toronto but the service was really terrible. It was a half hour before anyone even came up to our table, then we ordered a drink with our order and it didn't arrive, so about 45 min later (after the appetizer, when dinner arrived) and the waiter finally came back I asked about it. It took another ten minutes before we got it and the waiter charged us for it. Even after waiting an hour! I also asked for a side of sour cream. I finished over half of my meal before I actually got it. Do not waste your money.
- Great food great ppl greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great food great ppl great experience! I love this place and the food is actually authentic Mexican. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.