Milagro on Queen West
783 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1G1Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Milagro on Queen West
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milagrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4163662855
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Arturo Anhalt - Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Milagro Cantinas offer full offsite catering specializing in classic Mexican cuisine. If you are planning an intimate reunions or a large party, we can cater it. For further information contact Arturo Anhalt at 416 487 2855
- Private Party Facilities: Milagro offers classic Mexican cuisine for parties of any size. Milagro Queen west has a beautiful 2nd floor ideal for closed door functions & an intimate 3rd floor mezzanine perfectly suited for smaller cocktails, dinner or meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Alvarez 4163662855
- Entertainment: At Milagro Queen West you can enjoy groovy latin salsa jazz every Thursday starting at 8:30pm. On Fridays & Saturdays our 2nd floor bar, La Perla, features local DJs, live tropical music or funky latin beats.
A word from Milagro on Queen West
Milagro Queen West, part of the Milagro Cantinas family, is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & many others. We serve dinner daily at 5:30pm, lunch Thursday to Saunday at 12:00pm & brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 783 Queen St., west of Bathurst St., in the heart of the West Queen West District. Gen Manager: Roberto Alvarez Kitchen Manager: Luke Wilson Visítanos pronto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Milagro on Queen West - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Milagro on Queen West reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Refreshingly real Mexican foodtorontoArmDined on 8/30/2014Milagro makes fresh Mexican food, giving the cuisine its rightful place as a flavourful and refreshing alternative to the franchise variety of refried beans and heavy burritos. The Ceviche is outstanding. Any main with the mole sauce is not to be missed. Service is friendly, professional, and no nonsense. It's great food, served fresh, without the pretension. This place will last on Queen West well after the overhyped, on-trend places with mediocre food rise and fall around it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great food choices, and very delicious. For anyone who likes real authentic Mexican food will definitely enjoy this place. The food is fresh, tasty, great spices, can be real spicy if not careful. The menu is a bit hard to understand if you are not familiar with the food choices, but the waiters are great at explaining. would definitely recommend this place to many others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Slow servicecharltonfan1Dined on 8/13/2014Had the mexilicious menu for $30 which was great value. Portion sizes are smaller than ordering a la carte but still plenty for your money The seafood cerviche was excellent We were by the front window and a number of times had to wait 5-10 minutes for attention even when beckoning them overSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Terrible ServicefemmefoodieDined on 8/13/2014We were a party of 10, and we waited over an hour for food- close to an hour to even order. Really unimpressive... the food more than made up for it, but I wouldn't recommend going hungry, or with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYummyDined on 8/8/2014A personal fav on queen west. Best tacos and margaritas
- worth a visit!johnnydDined on 7/28/2014Good musican food. Shrimp tacos were awesome! Slightly high priced but you live in Toronto, oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic mexican foodrloyepDined on 7/26/2014You feel your in Mexico when you get in. Excelent and authentic mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysitsmereenzDined on 7/25/2014Love this place! We got a sweet spot on the upper patio and stayed for a few hours. What I love about Milagro is there is no rush to turn tables - diners can enjoy their food, experience, drinks and all the good stuff while taking their time.Special Features:
- LaboucheDined on 7/8/2014Milagro is a favourite for us. The food is awesome the service is always great and it's a cool, cozy spot to share a meal quietly or with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE WAITRESS!LadyKarmaDined on 7/4/2014We had a HORRIBLE waitress. She was rude, dismissive...and would walk away after asking us a question (not waiting for an answer). You can get tacos at seven lives in kensington and the people are great there!! I wanted to try a sit down place and was sorely disappointed. These feelings were echoed by the rest of my party.
- watered down sangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The food was pretty good but not great compared to options on Queen St West. The drinks were disappointing.
- AwfulJenniferDined on 6/21/2014Booked a dinner for 6 friends on a Saturday night. Arrived at 8pm, but had to wait in line for 15 minutes even though we had a reservation. Table service was extremely slow, we waited almost a half hour for the waitress to take our orders, and another hour for the food to arrive. When the food did arrive, it was all overly spicy to make up for the lack in flavour. The bad service and food killed the vibe of our night and everyone left annoyed and disgruntled. Should have listened to the other bad reviews before deciding to come here. Will not return.
- naffDined on 6/7/2014This is the most authentic Mexican food I have ever eaten in the city! Great service, wonderful and accurate recommendations, yummy margaritas, filling dinner! I never made it upstairs, but my husband said it was really cool. Will definitely frequent here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milgro bad food reviewEirefoodieDined on 5/31/2014Myself and my Fiance had a meal at Milagro last Saturday ( May 31st) to celebrate our anniversary. The service was good but unfortunately the food was the biggest let down. Having been recommended to me by a friend, I had a lot higher expectations. I ordered chicken enchilada's that came out slopped onto a plate, the messiest presentation I have ever recieved at a restaurant. The rice looked re-heated and had frozen peas in it. I was really really disappointed with the meal and as the restaurant was so busy, I didn't want to add any more hectic-ness to the plate by complaining.Special Features:
- good food terrible serviceexpierencefoodDined on 5/27/2014I made reservations online (which I love that you can do!) I was meeting some friends for dinner. I arrived first and the restaurant was very quiet. I was seated& My waitress asked if I would like a drink I said I needed a few moments to have a look. A few moments not like 20 minutes and I had to flag her down. Once I ordered my drink it took a good 15 mins to get it. It was a simple mojito in a dead restaurant. By the time my gf's got there it went a little better. But the waitress took our order only after we flagged her down...again....did not check on us once. and was rude and unattentive. when we paid she said "we don't do split bills" wtf thats impossible. i will return for the food not because of service.Special Features:
- The following 205 reviews are from the Milagro on Queen West reviews archive.
- One of my fav Toronto restaurantsincognito80Dined on 5/19/2014I'm at Milagro (usually the Queen West location) fairly often - love the food & drinks and usually the service is great. The only exception being the last time I was there (Victoria Day weekend) where the service was unusually slow (but still friendly). I'll chalk it up to an isolated incident. Overall thumbs up! An excellent date spot and a place to hang with a group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Overpriced Drinks/AppsAvantiDined on 5/17/2014We really enjoyed our main entrees, but were disappointed by the prices of the appetizers (guacamole) and the drinks as well. Doesn't make sense as a whole menu, in my opinion. Really did enjoy the octopus/tuna tacos and the churros. We really enjoyed our waitress and the service was pretty quick. The staff was also quite accommodating to our seating requests (didn't want to sit at the back next to the kitchen). Pretty good experience, I would go back but be wary of my order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Very authentic, like eating in Mexico! Amazing food! Very friendly and fast service! Great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great food but pricey!LadyKarmaDined on 5/9/2014Delicious food!! But you can get tacos for cheaper at seven lives... Bill was 140$ after tip for a party of 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milagro was awesome timespersonwhoeatsDined on 5/8/2014We were promptly greeted by our waiter who was super nice and pretty funny. We took forever to order and no seemed annoyed. They let us take our time. We had the white wine sangria... REALLY GOOD. And the tacos were really tasty- filling too. I had a really great time. We went for lunch and they closed for a bit before dinner but did not rush us out at all. We kind of noticed at some point, after all that sangria, that we were the only people left and the door was locked as someone tried to come in. Really cool that they didn't bug us and let us chat forever. I liked that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MilagroNightfoodieDined on 5/3/2014Nice tranquil mexican experience. Good was great. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentitsmereenzDined on 5/3/2014Loved it. Great food. Great drinks. Excellent service. Orlando, you rock. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindMJReviewDined on 5/3/2014Food was fantastic. Service great. Nice ambiance. Reasonable prices. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workFoodieDined on 4/28/2014We seem to have difficulty whenever we use a Travelzoo voucher. No one seemed to be our waiter, 1st the Bartender, then the host. My food was cold and soggy even though the kitchen was 8 ft away The manager Orlando came to talk to me after I sent my dinner away basically untouched. He was gracious and promised that if we came again, he would personally oversee our food. My husband enjoyed his dinner, and the wine is half off on Mondays, so we enjoyed the wine, and the wine was compd The ambience is very romantic. I was hoping to find a Mexican restaurant to bring back memories of great Mexican cuisine, all I found was a hot mess.Special Features:
- MilagroKnightonthetownDined on 4/11/2014Excellent food and great service. Very authentic Mexican food with a choice of Classic Mexican dishes as well as more adventurous and delicious options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm in love with their guacFatkidDined on 4/11/2014The energy is great. I really love the interior design of the place. It's pretty laid back. Huge list of drinks. Top appetizers are the Guac and the Tuna Ceviche. I don't know what's in the guac but I would go here just to eat that. I had their La Perla. Fish tacos. Pretty good. There was just no time for dessert. Our server was really nice. Our chips just kept getting refilled throughout the night. Overall, will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Very nice atmosphere. PromptJT93Dined on 4/10/2014Very nice atmosphere. Prompt service and great foodSpecial Features:
- not the best for large groups..leksyDined on 4/5/2014food was good, atmosphere was great. The service was OK. Main concerns were: 1) they do not split the bill up for large groups which caused a half hour long issue when it came to pay; which was just frustrating for everyone involved. 2) the menu for larger groups was different than the general menu for everyone else.. items were missing, and therefore we were not offered everything that was available at this restaurant. We found this out AFTER we had already ordered and waited for our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use to be bettersampireVIPDined on 3/31/2014I use to go to Milagro all the time in the summer before I moved and the food was amazing, along with the service. I haven't been in a couple of months and just went the other day. They seemed to have changed their staff, recipe menu and display. Our waiter forgot my friends second beer he requested and when serving our food they said mine was something completely different when it actually was what we ordered. The food -- they changed the recipe (except the guac and chips).. and I really liked the recipe before so much better. They removed the pulled pork burrito off the menu, not sure why and you no longer get corn as a side with the burritos. The staff is still friendly though.Special Features:
- The margaritas tasted like juiceHanaDined on 3/29/2014The pitcher was full of ice and lacked alcohol and even if u order by the glass it tastes like lemonade!Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceKDubDined on 3/29/2014We chose Milagro for the delicious food, and on that, it delivered. The service, on the other hand, was extremely slow and somewhat unfriendly. We were a large, and thankfully very patient group, otherwise the evening would have been a disaster. For some, food took over an hour and a half to be served. Although, as I said, once it was, it was delicious. It's too bad some were literally eating as we were walking out the door 2.5 hours after our reservation time.
- Fantatic Service and Amazing FoodGillyBeanDined on 3/27/2014I wish I remembered our server's name because he was fantastic! He taught us how to properly taste tequila and it gave me a whole new appreciation of it. The Guacamole is amazing! and the Conchinita Pibil is to die for. I will definitely be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014Great neighbourhood spot with consistently good food and pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and drinksPam3ravDined on 3/18/2014The platter was way too small for 4 ppl and the flavours seemed very blend. I expected the guacamole to be flavourful but it was not either. Otherwise great margaritas!Special Features:
- Great food nice sever but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Get a seat away fr the door otherwise a great nightSpecial Features:
- Vibrant, fun and delish MexicancallippoDined on 3/8/2014Huge menu, everything was delicious! Fun vibe (reservation is a must!) and we saw a couple big birthday party groups too. Great place. (Queen East branch).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbcanalesDined on 3/8/2014My first time here on a Saturday night and it was great. Good food and service was great. Very vibrant and the place was packed. Make sure you make reservations.Special Features:
- Fun FindPeterCDined on 2/28/2014Excellent food and service. Fun ambiance. Would definitely recommend and will return when in TO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute reso=fantastic new findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Our original choice for dinner was booked up so we ended up here. It was a last minute reso so we were seated in the back next to the open kitchen. When I come back I will book earlier and request a seat upstairs. But besides the noise we had a great time. Service was attentive and all the food and drink recommendations we were given were bang on. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to this restaurant everyYummyDined on 2/15/2014I go to this restaurant every 1-2 months when I am in Toronto and it is one of my favorites for Mexican food. Service is generally good but on this particular night we were left waiting for a very long time, never were asked if we wanted more drinks, etc. We were going to order dessert but left because of the poor, slow service. Would return again however as this was an abnormality as far as my experiences have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.