Milagro on Mercer
5 Mercer Street
Toronto, ON M5V 1H2Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
MexicanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Milagro on Mercer
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milagrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4168502855
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Arturo Anhalt - Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Milagro offers full offsite catering specializing in classic Mexican cuisine. If you are planning an intimate reunions or a large party, we can cater it. For further information contact Arturo Anhalt at 416 487 2855
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining & groups menus ideal for parties of up to 25 guests which feature our most popular a la carte ceviches, botanas, entrees & desserts. Our Botanas menus are perfect for less formal functions & cocktails; food is served centre-table or passed around in platters.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Perez 4164354141
- Entertainment: (Margarita Tuesdays - Margarita Clásica Rg 4.95 Lg 7.95) (Cerveza Wednesdays - Bottled and draft beers 4.95) (Sangría Thursdays - Sangría de La Casa 4.95)
A word from Milagro on Mercer
Milagro is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & has been featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, Women"s Post, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & mano others. We are open daily for lunch at noon, dinner at 5:30pm & brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 5 Mercer St. on the corner of John St. in the heart of the entertainment district, downtown. Gen Manager: Eddie Ferrer Kitchen Manager: Andrés Peña. Visítanos pronto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Milagro on Mercer - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Entertainment District ›
Milagro on Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (26)special occasion (22)romantic (15)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- OK but not FabulousdnatDined on 8/23/2014The guacamole was great and they give you a generous portion...but a little stingy on the chips. The food was just ok...a little too salty and the portions on the small side. Went there for the tacos as we heard they were good, but they were not as flavourful as we were anticipating. Staff were friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Flavour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was fresh and full of flavour. Just the right amount of spiciness. Guac was creamy and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMieDined on 8/4/2014food was great, service was friendly, I would go backSpecial Features:
- Love itmissluxDined on 8/1/2014Always love coming here for their delicious vegan options. Staff are always friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Wonderful, authentic MexicanRbgstewartDined on 7/29/2014Milagro on Mercer was a delight. The staff could not have been more accommodating although we arrived earlier than our reservation. Lovely sangria dos casos. Ceviche was very good, as was the barbecued lamb for the entree. I did not leave room for dessert, but the coffee with fresh cinnamon may have been the best coffee I have had in recent memory.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceGot2goVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been to the other Milagro restaurant and it was also quite good but the service at this location was just fantastic. Not fast , not slow, just right - which I find VERY rare these days - and the servers were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like tacos!knmoDined on 7/24/2014I have visited Milagro a handful of times and am excited to go each time. Their menu is easy to understand and their food is amazing. I am addicted to the Rosarito Tacos and large margaritas. Definitely a great place for groups or for a date night!Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Food was super yummy. Generous portions. Service was a little confusing as we weren't really sure who our dedicated server was. Seemed a little understaffed. But very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service lackingSgrRushDined on 7/21/2014Arrived at 8:30pm on a Monday, greeted and seated immediately. All the service staff were very friendly, the menu was diverse and offered great selection. The red snapper entree was unavailable which was disappointing, especially since we were told after we ordered. Taco Al Pastor and the 3 dip appetizer were fresh and delicious! The enchiladas were small but good, shrimp burrito was meaty and great. Our server completely forgot about us. After taking our entree order he did not come back to our table until after we asked the bus boy to pack up our food and after we asked another server for our bill. The manager Allen was genuine and apologetic, he salvaged our experience! We will be back thanks to him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mexician food excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Went to the restaurant after a Blue Jays game with a group of six people one of whom was a chef. The food,service,atmosphere were wonderful. Some of the food choices were authentic and not often found. The chef with us was very impressed as we all were. we will all go back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Guacamolefungirl23Dined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is a great little place with some delicious Mexican dishes. I had the guacamole and the chicken enchiladas and both were great!Special Features:
- Really good authentic Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014The selection was great and the flavour really authentic. Fresh tortillas with your meal :) !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but get ready to eat fastLemonPieDined on 7/12/2014Good menu selection and good food. With reservations we were placed in a corner beside the door, it was a quiet spot but lacked ambience and disappointing since the patio was open and there were tables also inside along the big open windows but we couldn't be bothered to ask to be moved. Friendly service. We did feel rushed - we ordered cocktails, appetizers and mains and were in and out in a half hour! We were planning on a relaxed diner before a show, so were disappointed. They brought the cocktails and appetizers at the same time, then the mains 5 minutes later. We had only tasted the apps, the small table was crowded and they asked to take our apps away! We felt rushed trying to manage the apps before our mains got cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- distracting servergeneVIPDined on 7/6/2014wasn't even busy evening however, my party have been distracted by two servers asking same questions and robotic comments.... It was simply speechless when the lady server was pointing at each person in my party to direct the food by saying this guy and that guy..... food is always great here in Milagro, however, I'd reconsider visiting if her service isn't being addressed.Special Features:
- Love it every timeilovetoeatcuzimfatDined on 7/5/2014Tried the mole for the first time and it was like eating little bites of heaven. The AL pastor are my go to but there are so many good items. Refritos 10/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014My wife & I were left sitting at our table for about ten minutes after being seated by the Hostess who was on a personal call we had to wait for her to finish when we entered the restaurant. When I heard a server ask the table behind us " Did YOU order this?" as he showed them a dish, I realized we had made a big mistake - so after a few more minutes we decided to leave. The great thing about this place would be to use it as a training ground of how NOT to run a restaurant ! Very amateur
- Great food, slow serviceLuckyjwVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food is great, highly recommend the tortilla soup, it's amazing and reason enough to go! The service is friendly, but slow.. I have eaten here frequently and this seems to be consistently true, lost of time between courses and lots of empty glasses.... but still worth it for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot to Eat but Bring EarplugsSpidey9Dined on 6/29/2014The food was excellent, hot, fresh and delivered quickly. The setting was definitely Mexican and appropriate to the food type. Service was prompt and courteous. Unfortunately the restaurant was quite loud despite not being very busy. The music was overpowering to the point of distraction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experience at MilagroconcertgirlDined on 6/23/2014love taking visitors to the city and friends to this charming hotspot. exceptional friendly customer service and terrific food and drinks.Special Features:
- Delicious!jessicawatersDined on 6/21/2014The food here was delicious, I was very happy with my meal. The service was great too: friendly and knowledgeable. The Sangria was good, but next time I won't order the fruit-chunk option as it was too much. There are also good vegetarian and vegan options available. Overall very good. I will likely return. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican Restaurant in the citySpyder222Dined on 6/19/2014The best authentic Mexican restaurant that we have found in the city. Food is amazing and they have over 70 different tequilas at the bar. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service slowLuvfoodDined on 6/14/2014The guacamole is outstanding! Overall great food. The service was slow and the ladies bathroom had only 1 stall working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous start to a night outtoeatsDined on 6/14/2014Food was great... service was a bit slow to start but picked up - more likely because of a desire to not rush us. Drinks were fabulous but a bit pricey. Food was delicious - had several munchies and was very satisfied with quality and quantity.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Love the food! Wish they had better wine but the service and food are always awesome. We sat on the patio the other night and it was super loud due to construction happening across the street. Dump trucks going by the whole time... Had to yell across the table to my boyfriend. Really annoying. Hopefully doesn't go on too long cuz it's patio season and I don't want the restaurant to suffer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great genuine Mex cuisineChangoChilangoDined on 5/31/2014I am from Mexico City and this is by far the best Mexican food I've found in Toronto - genuine, perfectly combined Mexican taste in every dish. I highly recommend it and will certainly continue to stop by.The only thing that could have improved our experience this time would have been timely delivery - we were waiting for more than 30 minutes to get our main dishes after the appetizers.Special Features:
- Worth the waitvandenbergDined on 5/31/2014It took a long time for our server to meet with us for the first time, but when she came, she immediately apologised for the delay. We ordered appetisers and drinks, and she brought the appetisers out, saying that one of them was on the house as an apology for the delay. We were very pleased, as this was all unprompted. Appetisers were huge. Ceviche and guacamole are both extraordinary. Main plates are a bit small, but we had plenty to eat overall. Service was fantastic - our servers were attentive and engaging, and the manager came to chat with us and sat at our table to talk at the end of our meal. Everything was relaxed and unhurried and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tacosMatt12321Dined on 5/27/2014The tacos were awesome. As expected. Service was a little slow, even though the restaurant was not busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FishbentDined on 5/18/2014The Red Snapper was excellent. Nicely spiced and paired well with the vegetablesSpecial Features:
- Delicious Every TimeMmmmMilagroDined on 5/17/2014Milagro has become a favourite of mine over the past few years - consistently great food and strong margaritas! Mouth watering menu, fabulous staff and fun location - winning combination!!!Special Features:
- Fun family night outSatchmoDined on 5/16/2014Superb homemade guacamole & chips, killer Milagro's margarita and we all loved the fish tacos as well. Ordered the chocolate lava cake to share for a special celebration, didn't regret it - we were all over it! Even if it's made to order, it took a fair bit longer than it should have to serve it to us so they voluntarily didn't charge us for it, which was not necessary but appreciated. Our server was friendly and professional and knew her menu very well - ingredients, preparation and all.
- Won't be backfasttalkerDined on 5/12/2014I went to this restaurant on a recommendation from a friend. While the food was good, the portions are very small for the prices that you're paying. Two small tacos for $10? Without any sort of side like a salad or something? That's a bit much. Also, we were 4 people and they wouldn't even give us separate checks. I understand for large groups that some restaurants don't do this, but this is the first time I've heard a restaurant that refuses to give separate checks to a party of 4. The service was okay, but I felt it was a bit pushy at times; trying to get us to leave, not being very attentive; but that's something I can live with if the food is excellent. Overall, nice atmostphere, overpriced food, meh service.
- Authentic Mexican flavoursLoveMexVIPDined on 5/11/2014It is very good to find authentic Mexican flavours in downtown Toronto. We enjoyed it very much!Special Features:
- Great pre-theatre optionMauligirlVIPDined on 5/6/2014We go to Milagro often before the theatre. The food is always good and they are fast if you are in a hurry. The portions are generous. If you don't have a healthy appetite I recommend ordering the appetizer size. I have a healthy appetite and I have trouble finishing the dinner portion which comes with rice and beans.
- Best guacamole.CaryDined on 5/6/2014Tortillas were sweaty. Chips were excelent. Margaritas were good. Capuchinos were very good. Mole was not spicy enough and the chicken was hard. The rice had no flavour and neededore peas. It would be best if served with a side salad. Barbacoa was very good. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceNotImpressedDined on 5/5/2014We were seated in a secluded area in front of the wine cabinet w/boxes of beer/liquor. The host didn't walk us to our table, he just simply pointed to where we were sitting. We waited for about 20 mins for our waitress. One of our members in our party was already up & about trying to look for who would be serving us. She did apologize for taking long as they were busy, we looked around the restaurant, it was half empty, but gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were short staffed (on Cinco de Mayo). Food came late as well, another waitress came apologized and gave us another tub of guac. We waited for another 30-40 mins just for food. Food was good, service was very slow. Would consider going to the Queen location next time.
- Decent dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Not as bad as the other reviews go. As close to real Mexican good you will het in Toronto. Servers very knowledgeable and helpful. A little pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 347 reviews are from the Milagro on Mercer reviews archive.
- Food Close to PerfectionFriarTuckDined on 4/27/2014The textures and tastes were absolutely perfect. I truly can't find fault in anything that we had. My wife and I shared our dishes so that we could experience more of the latin flavours. The generous portions were delicious and savoury. The condiments (Chips, salsa, hot sauces...) were all fresh and flavourful. Our waitress was patient in explaining the various dishes and her recommendations were excellent. "Milagro" is truly a culinary "Miracle!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... Too DarkanamzulgDined on 4/26/2014The food was wonderful, but the cantina-style lighting is too dark for the location. need to crank up the electricity a bit so that you can see the menu or the bill without using your cell phones flash.Special Features:
- Buena comidaIgnacioDined on 4/26/2014We started with guacamole (one of our favourite features for appetizers, try also one of the ceviches). It was delicious besides being chunky, that is some avocado pieces were in the guacamole that could be scoop with the "totopos", it also had a nice mild to hot kick. I had the Lamb barbacoa, which consisted of pulled (shredded in Spanish jargon) lamb cooked in plantain leaves, plus fresh parsley, minced onions, and black fried beans. Let's not forget the corn tortillas to build your own soft taco. Dipped it in a nice chipotle sauce... ¡delicioso! Service was not the 5 star one, but because it was really crowded that night. In general the staff is super friendly and easy going. If you speak Spanish, talk to them, they're cool people.Special Features:
- Excellent service and delicious!AnonymousDined on 4/25/2014We had a late reservation and had to delay at the last minute bringing us very close to closing time...we were accommodated without and issue and service was great. And most importantly the food was delicious...exceptional Mexican food!Special Features: