Milagro on Mercer
5 Mercer Street
Toronto, ON M5V 1H2Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
MexicanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Milagro on Mercer
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.milagrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (416) 850-2855
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Arturo Anhalt - Owner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Milagro offers full offsite catering specializing in classic Mexican cuisine. If you are planning an intimate reunions or a large party, we can cater it. For further information contact Arturo Anhalt at 416 487 2855
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining & groups menus ideal for parties of up to 25 guests which feature our most popular a la carte ceviches, botanas, entrees & desserts. Our Botanas menus are perfect for less formal functions & cocktails; food is served centre-table or passed around in platters.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Perez 4164354141
- Entertainment: (Margarita Tuesdays - Margarita Clásica Rg 4.95 Lg 7.95) (Cerveza Wednesdays - Bottled and draft beers 4.95) (Sangría Thursdays - Sangría de La Casa 4.95)
A word from Milagro on Mercer
Milagro is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & has been featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, Women"s Post, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & mano others. We are open daily for lunch at noon, dinner at 5:30pm & brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 5 Mercer St. on the corner of John St. in the heart of the entertainment district, downtown. Gen Manager: Eddie Ferrer Kitchen Manager: Andrés Peña. Visítanos pronto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Milagro on Mercer - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Entertainment District ›
Milagro on Mercer reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (52)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (17)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Pre-Theatre DinnerEatLocalOrganicFairtradeDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I ate at Milagro on Mercer before seeing the Book of Mormon at the Princess of Wales Theatre. We had reservations for 6:00 to give us plenty of time before our 8:00 showtime. We arrived about 10 minutes prior to our reservation time but were seated right away. I ordered a beer and my wife ordered a large Classic Margarita. Unfortunately, the margarita seemed like a small size poured over a lot of ice in a big glass. A small may be the better way to go for the money. For an appetizer we ordered the guacamole and also received a basket of chips and salsa. The staff was very attentive and continued to refill our chips and salsa until we got our meals. For dinner, I ordered the Rosarito tacos (the meal portion which was an extra $7.00 from the appetizer portion and it came with 3 tacos instead of 2 and had rice and refritos on the side) and my wife ordered the Camarones burrito (I can't recall the name of the dish). We both really enjoyed our meals. We couldn't stop commenting on how perfect our shrimp was cooked. They were delicious and seemed to be like butter when chewing them, blending seamlessly with my tacos and my wife's burrito. At the end of our meal we really wanted to get dessert but were so stuffed that we had to decline. Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at Milagro on Mercer and would certainly return for some more tasty Mexican fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreeDined on 11/19/2014Great place for lunch and Mexican vibe - very good Tinga (Chicken) and Beef burritos.Special Features:
- Milagro was a good restaurant.MexicanDined on 11/16/2014Great restaurant and food. However they didn't call me till the Sunday off informing me their kitchen closed at 930 when my reservation for a group of 10th to celebrate a 30th birthday was at 9pm. So we felt somewhat rushed to order, eat and then settle our bill unfortunately. Service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican downtownInputDined on 11/14/2014Good, pretty authentic Mexican food downtown. Good Drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticlovedDined on 10/31/2014The food and service was great. We asked them if they can find the cheese they use is with or without rennet. The server went to the chef and made so much effort to make sure we get what we want. There suggestions of food was also great. At the end we were confused to get desserts or not. But after their recommendation that they can box it if we can't finish it. So we had ordered that and we were surprized that we did finish the entire dessert inno ttime , one after one. Hence, there was nothing left to pack it. Overall experience was awesome. We are definitely going there again and again. The other reason is jaritos which we could find just there. We kind of avoid soda in our meal so the replacement with jaritos is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceitsmereenzVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always a good experience - service was a bit scattered and slow but I am guessing that is because it was very very busy. The food tasted great, but didn't sit so well later (which has never happened before) - I don't know if anything had changed in the way the food is prepped or the type of oil used. A little loud for conversations, but again can't help the noise because it's busy. Good experience overall and I'll def be back!Special Features:
- Will ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Food was flavorful. Refried beans some of the best I've had, Spanish rice great texture. Steak tacos were fresh well flavored and I really appreciated the salsa verde - it was yum. the tortilla chips were good, 'real' but a little thick for my preference. Fish tacos had all the right elements, but they were a little heavy on the 'habenero' in the creama. Thought the spice level was overpowering for the delicate fish and slaw. Not in my experience typical of fish tacos in the San Diego area. Overall - I find good Mexican really hard to come by in the GTA and this was definitely good. I would return despite my little issues. It was a tad expensive and service was a little slow but very friendly, happy overall with my visit.
- nothing specialSimpleGirlDined on 10/21/2014I had the enchiladas with chicken. The chicken was dry and flavourless. the accompanying sides of rice and refried beans were delicious. The cheese enchiladas were stuffed with green peppers which had we known, we wouldn't have ordered. the staff were pleasant but a little disinterested in serving.Special Features:
- Great experienceSteveThornhillDined on 10/19/2014Really great food - nice change from "Tex Mex" style of Mexican. Awesome Guac!Special Features:
- Mexican must-have!ladypropsDined on 10/18/2014Milagro on Mercer was the perfect spot to celebrate my birthday! Our party of 8 adults and 1 child was given a semi-secluded table where we were treated very well by our server, Rico. (One of our party was a diabetic and Rico took the time to explain the entire menu to her without being asked so that she could pick the perfect dish in light of her dietary restrictions). I was very impressed by his kindness. The menu contained many options and we were able to feast to our hearts' content on wonderful dishes. We all ordered different entrees and we enjoyed them all! Not a single one was bad. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Fun place for group, great foodhasslefreediningDined on 10/17/2014Booked online for 8 friends - arrived early, nice spot at the bar for drink and some appetizers. We had a nice spot in the restaurant that was a bit secluded from the rest so we could enjoy conversation.. everyone loved their meal, service was friendly/attentive, overall atmosphere was great for a casual night out! Love hassle-free dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy Bueno!foodiePDined on 10/11/2014It was our third time there in 2 months! Consistently amazing food and service:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less flavor than expectedAliceVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were expecting authentic Mexican but the flavors were a bit lacking. The service was good but the overall food disappointing.Special Features:
- Great place!FoodyDined on 10/9/2014Received awesome service, great food, and had a great dinner experience. Guacamole was yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was excellent!MissiDined on 10/8/2014The guacamole was delicious, better than before - they are doing something new...I like it! The Taco's Rosarito were fantastic, although small in portion and these should come with a side. The churros were very sweet, not greasy and a nice alternative to regular dessert options. Nothing was wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minimalist MexicanChrisVIPDined on 9/26/2014The decor is slightly more upscale than many casual Mexican places and since it has only been open a short time, it's still all shiny and new. I had the chicken mole, and while the sauce itself was solid, the chicken was quite dry in places - even with the sauce. Definitely not the juicy "pulled" consistency I'm used to. Friends had the burritos and said they were quite good. Our common complaint is that mains were served without proper sides. My mole had some rice. That's it. The burritos were served lonely on a plain white plate. No garnish, salsa, sour cream, beans or anything. It made for a poor presentation and not being able to add a couple different tastes into the mix made for a limiting flavour profile.Special Features:
- They are losing itFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Service www really bad, it took almost 30min to get our food, at least 15 min to get some chips and the food was not really that good this time.Special Features:
- Would Highly Recommend!loveroffoodDined on 9/25/2014The service was very good. The atmosphere is great for any birthday or graduation type celebration. It would also be great for work dinners and events. Authentic Mexican food, at reasonable prices. We have celebrated two birthdays here and both times were very memorable, great food, and superb drinks!Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican finally!OctoberfestDined on 9/22/2014The food is so authentic and just fantastic. Our waiter recommended something truly Mexican and we loved it. Best seabass I have had anywhere. Soft tortillas were amazing with the meal and the quacamole best anywhere. Highly recommend Milagro and we will go again for sure. Great location for the Rogers Centre. Good matching wine list as well.Special Features:
- Wait staffVeganLadyDined on 9/18/2014The wait staff were very friendly and responsive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for good food and a nice/different ambience.Special Features:
- Rob WRobWVIPDined on 9/17/2014Best Mexican in Toronto! Authentic. Knowledgeable, helpful servers. Comprehensive Tequila list.Special Features:
- Fresh fresh freshCBRsonDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing. The drinks were amazing but expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Great guacamole. Service was excellent - super nice waitress - she was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I decided to venture downtown to celebrate our 5th anniversary and chose Milagro as it was nice and close to the TIFF venue. I booked the reservation for 6 but we finished early and they were able to make a table available for us at 5:00pm. We had a lovely meal! I had the fish taco which was the best I've had in a very long time. The cod's batter was crispy and it had a nice clean taste, the toppings didn't overpower it. We had the melted cheese (gouda?) appetizer which was served with flour wraps. It was basic and yet tasty,and I'd order it again. My husband had the lamb in banana leaves and he polished off the plate. It was just what we were looking for to complete our evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & vibe - casualPcottonDined on 9/12/2014Really liked it. Excellent food, upbeat service. Very casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingSelectDinerDined on 9/12/2014Party of 9 coworkers for a farewell lunch. Several with dietary concerns - all accommodated without issue. A rare event in most restaurantsSpecial Features:
- TorontotouristDined on 8/30/2014Great food, fun spot, attentive and friendly spot. Only concern is the restaurant can get very noisy and it becomes difficult to understand wait staff, especially since some of them have a strong accent.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014A must visit place for a Mexican dinner with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not FabulousdnatDined on 8/23/2014The guacamole was great and they give you a generous portion...but a little stingy on the chips. The food was just ok...a little too salty and the portions on the small side. Went there for the tacos as we heard they were good, but they were not as flavourful as we were anticipating. Staff were friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Flavour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was fresh and full of flavour. Just the right amount of spiciness. Guac was creamy and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMieDined on 8/4/2014food was great, service was friendly, I would go backSpecial Features:
- Love itmissluxDined on 8/1/2014Always love coming here for their delicious vegan options. Staff are always friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- The following 379 reviews are from the Milagro on Mercer reviews archive.
- Wonderful, authentic MexicanRbgstewartDined on 7/29/2014Milagro on Mercer was a delight. The staff could not have been more accommodating although we arrived earlier than our reservation. Lovely sangria dos casos. Ceviche was very good, as was the barbecued lamb for the entree. I did not leave room for dessert, but the coffee with fresh cinnamon may have been the best coffee I have had in recent memory.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceGot2goVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been to the other Milagro restaurant and it was also quite good but the service at this location was just fantastic. Not fast , not slow, just right - which I find VERY rare these days - and the servers were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like tacos!knmoDined on 7/24/2014I have visited Milagro a handful of times and am excited to go each time. Their menu is easy to understand and their food is amazing. I am addicted to the Rosarito Tacos and large margaritas. Definitely a great place for groups or for a date night!Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Food was super yummy. Generous portions. Service was a little confusing as we weren't really sure who our dedicated server was. Seemed a little understaffed. But very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service lackingSgrRushDined on 7/21/2014Arrived at 8:30pm on a Monday, greeted and seated immediately. All the service staff were very friendly, the menu was diverse and offered great selection. The red snapper entree was unavailable which was disappointing, especially since we were told after we ordered. Taco Al Pastor and the 3 dip appetizer were fresh and delicious! The enchiladas were small but good, shrimp burrito was meaty and great. Our server completely forgot about us. After taking our entree order he did not come back to our table until after we asked the bus boy to pack up our food and after we asked another server for our bill. The manager Allen was genuine and apologetic, he salvaged our experience! We will be back thanks to him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mexician food excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Went to the restaurant after a Blue Jays game with a group of six people one of whom was a chef. The food,service,atmosphere were wonderful. Some of the food choices were authentic and not often found. The chef with us was very impressed as we all were. we will all go back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Guacamolefungirl23Dined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is a great little place with some delicious Mexican dishes. I had the guacamole and the chicken enchiladas and both were great!Special Features:
- Really good authentic Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014The selection was great and the flavour really authentic. Fresh tortillas with your meal :) !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.